My Beefcake

beefcake.png
    993 x 950 - 1M
    Post edited by [email protected] on
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

Yessssh!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2016

Knittingmommy and  Serene Night  Thank you both.   I have been using Bryce for quite a few years. Started with it in the last millennium. (Bryce 2).   It was my first 3D program, and still my fave one. I only bought Poser in order to add figures into my landscape renders. 

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Full size...

blacksmith_full.jpg

My second version of this scene (and there are changes I would make to this one too).

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780
    edited January 2016

That's nice to have a place for my males, would be desastrous to have them all at home, my hubby would be furious

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/2b/c940d1b57c94ecfd10916cbe027661.jpg

link to the art thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/67611/linwelly-s-grove#latest

Post edited by Linwelly on
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,276
    edited January 2016

I've wanted to do something like this for a while now but could never find the cut off jeans I wanted - these aren't exactly what I have in mind, but they are close. I had to buy a female set from another site ;-)

Wash.png
    1019 x 908 - 2M
    Post edited by 3Ddreamer on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

So many gorgeous men! laugh

The talent around here is just astounding. And now that I've started this thread, I'll need to render more images of just the guys.

Here's one I never used. After I finished the render, I realized there were more parts to the car! But this image inspired the two I entered in the "It's Raining Men" challenge. (Here and here, if you're interested.)

Boy Toy

Boy Toy, by L'Adair

Click on the image to visit the Gallery page for a larger image and list of products used.

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    L'Adair said:

Again, thanks for sharing your renders. Your promo image looks really good, too.

Thanks for the link to your tutorial. I'm downloading it now. I'd been playing with DS for about half a year when Iray came out. It does what I need a lot easier than 3Delight, so I quickly got rusty on what few 3DL skills I had. But there are still times when a 3DL render will be more appropriate for what I need so I'm sure your information will do more than come in handy!

You're most welcome, and thank you for taking a look =) Just in case... I have a collection of (hopefully helpful) links on my blog.

L'Adair said:

Releasing G3M right after two awesome, back-to-back sales means a lot of hobbiests weren't able to take advantage of the new release pricing. Tha'ts got to skew the sales numbers.

I vote with my wallet here, but when the wallet's empty, I have to abstain from the vote no matter how great the product.

Yes, it does get harder to make a difference if you are a hobbyist hence on a limited budget (both financially and time-wise).

I wish there were more "mix and match" kind of products - separate shoes, shirts, accessories etc. I often see an expensive complete outfit that I know I would only use parts of... so it gets wishlisted for some later lucky day.

L'Adair said:

Here's one I never used. After I finished the render, I realized there were more parts to the car! But this image inspired the two I entered in the "It's Raining Men" challenge. (Here and here, if you're interested.)

You could say he's in the process of building that car... just cleaned up for the photo =)
    Chohole said:

M4 in Bryce 

Wow. Your images are stories in themselves, Chohole. Let alone the amount of work it takes to import figures into Bryce.

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794

Here's my portrait of a male character, using Raiya's Henryk for Michael 7, previously posted in the gallery as well as in my DA.

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794

And another one using Oliver for MIchael 6. 

To be honest, I don't do very much of male renders, but I am slowly starting to warm up to the idea of doing them.

ThatGuy - very stylish!

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,299

A Dark Elf uses Raw's Dokk Alfar and some dial spinning

Dark-Elf.jpg
    1500 x 2121 - 750K
  • ButchButch Posts: 797

Something summery for you northern hemspherical people.  M7, M7, Jared and Leo

Beach Boys sml.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 1M
  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,389
    ThatGuy said:

Here's my portrait of a male character, using Raiya's Henryk for Michael 7, previously posted in the gallery as well as in my DA.

Damn that looks good >_>

• Loving all these male renders, i think it is a excellent idea for them to be in one place,hrer is another onefeature image

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437
    edited January 2016

ok... well here's one from my gallery. Click for the gallery view... it loses something in translation to smaller size.

the-only-moment-we-were-alone_full.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 332K
    Post edited by evilded777 on
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437
    edited January 2016

And one of my favorites. Click for the gallery view. You'll find mostly men and young men in my galleries... with the occaisional monster or female.

pride-no-prejudice_full.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 315K
    Post edited by evilded777 on
  • Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited January 2016

And one of my favorites. Click for the gallery view. You'll find mostly men and young men in my galleries... with the occaisional monster or female.

Well done, mate, on those two. They really have an edge and a narrative to them that makes you look twice and think "what's going on?". That quality makes a big difference to the impact of a render. I'm guessing you had to put a lot of work into the first one, as having two characters interact is a lot of work, pose-wise.

Below is a re-render of a scene I originally did with Reality/Luxrender but using Iray. It's just a portrait, but I've been trying out Virginie's Iray Smart Converter on some of my old stuff. This product is a work of genius in my opinion. I don't have the brain for maths and physics—I just want to press buttons until I get what I want and this is perfect for that.

The lighting is an IBL and a mesh light (converted the Reality curved mesh light to Iray) and the skin is a old M4 one, which was taken off the market a long time ago.

frankie_2.jpg
    683 x 1024 - 277K
    Post edited by Hiro Protagonist on

Here's a render from 2011 (done in DAZ Studio 3). David 3 with M3 maps and a bit of custom morphing. The clothing used to be available here in the store, but was "vaulted" sadly.

And one of my favorites. Click for the gallery view.

The composition and camera angle are particularly arresting.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,238
    edited January 2016

Braeden

braden.jpeg
    1575 x 1244 - 282K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited January 2016

Ready for the invaders.

G3 Mix sword and shield Fraser Hair RCF Sun Tree PS.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited January 2016

Similar to one I posted in the raining men contest. This is G3M with several of the Legacies Hero morphs plus other morphs.

G3M Legacies .2 Mix Head Other DAZ morphs.jpg
    1280 x 1600 - 1M
    edited January 2016

This one is Genesis 2 Male.

Ghost of Macbeth Taric G2M ISC Iray.jpg
    1236 x 1600 - 965K
    edited January 2016

I'm working on a scene now using Apollo for Michael 6. I converted him over to Iray when I first bought him a few months ago, (a Fast Grab if memory serves,) but then I didn't do anything with him. When I did a test render to see how he was coming along, I was struck by how nice his skin looked in this lighting. It's just the default hdri that comes with DS, dialed to point where the light shines from the left of the image instead of the right. Anyway, I decided to do a close up of his face. I love the eyes. Those are Gianni 6's eyes, applied via the Christmas freebie "IG Iray Essentials for Gianni 6." (Thanks again, InaneGlory!)

WIP Apollo

WIP Apollo in Iray, by L'Adair

The only post work is the gradient background, and a bit of shading between the three teeth on the left. (I even forgot to add my watermark!)

Anyway, if you want to zoom in on any of the details, the image was uploaded to the gallery at 2000x2000 pixels. Just click on the image to visit the gallery page.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited January 2016

Its the Prince!, 

3dlight rendered using ue2 MEC4D Eli men texture.  No Post work

prince 6.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 255K
    Post edited by Ivy on

Barbult, I love the lighting on "Ready for the invaders." It really makes the image.

Ivy, it's nice to see your 3delight renders, here and elsewhere. It's a lot harder to get the lighting right in 3dl, (in my opinion,) which makes iray appealing to those of us relatively new to 3D. But your images, like "It's the Prince!" prove 3delight is far from obsolete.

Excellent renders, everybody. A very nice representation of Michael and friends, from as far back as 3rd generation David! Thank you all for keeping this thread going.

This discussion has been closed.