Michael and Friends Appreciation Association [Lots of images, please.]

Comments

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282
    L'Adair said:
    3Ddreamer said:

Great Renders :-)

This is me playing with IG's great Christmas Iray shaders.

On the subject on rendering naked men - I tend to do it because I enjoy it. ;-) I live by Autofit, but the lack of G3M clothes makes me tend to go back to G2M more and more. My New Years resolution is to only buy good quality, well made, fitting, male clothes, even if it leads to the cry of 'male clothes doesn't sell' - I've already ignored a few releases because they are shrink-wrapped or tube trousers.

Is this Gianni?

As for buying male clothes, I know what you mean. I saw one promo of a guy in shorts, sitting, and the "tube" of the shorts leg was above his leg, at least an inch if it were real life. Clothes don't fit that way. The fabric should have been laying against his leg. Now if Aave Nainen would do male clothing for G3M, I think we could count on them fitting right and looking really good. Hopefully the new poses for G3M means there is a clothing product in the works.

But I do agree. I don't want to spend my limited budget on poorly made, ill-fitting clothing just because it's for the guys. When my budget improves, I have some items in my wishlist that will be snapped up, good-looking clothes made by PAs who've proven, to me at least, their male clothing is top quality.

Oh, and I feel the same way about hair for the guys!

Yes that is Gianni and he is wearing Stonemason/Streetwear's T-shirt, jeans and sneakers (though you can't see the last two, which I transfered over from Genesis) which I love, and M4 Midnight Prince hair

• SPACECHIMPSPACECHIMP Posts: 212
    edited January 2016

Here is a Vampire/man I hope it still countsfeature image

nosferatu.jpg
    999 x 999 - 522K
    Post edited by SPACECHIMP on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Here is a Vampire/man I hope it still counts

Well... I'm not sure Michael would call him friend... but he's certainly welcome here!
    laugh

• Here is a Vampire/man I hope it still countsfeature image

Oh, I saw this in the galleries.  I'd say he will fit right in here.  You did a wonderful job with this.

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Here is a Vampire/man I hope it still counts

Counts and vampires has a famous historywink

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    luci45 said:

Nice bunch of renders! 

I like doing renders of men so I will post some here. Thank you, L"Adair, for starting this thread.

Michael 7 with Genesis 3 Male Morphs - "Face Holder HD" @ 100%.

Is it just me, or does the character really look like Arnold Schwarzenegger?

L'Adair said:
    I don't want to spend my limited budget on poorly made, ill-fitting clothing just because it's for the guys. When my budget improves, I have some items in my wishlist that will be snapped up, good-looking clothes made by PAs who've proven, to me at least, their male clothing is top quality.

Oh, and I feel the same way about hair for the guys!

This, and the exchange rate thing (though for a different currency) also adds to my lack of "voting power" =)

genaris said:

Clothing models for the males too often are shapeless, ill-fitting, unattractive and remarkably "unsexy".  I'm not suggesting male clothes should all be overtly "sexualized" in a literal sense, rather that male clothing can be stylish, engaging and compelling, rather than insipid and generic appearing.  Also, the attention to the details (beyond good, realistic fit and drape) such as seams, cuff, pockets on pants, buckles or whatever; on male items this stuff is all too often done rather poorly or not at all.  ...

So many, many pants for males that look like those inflatable vinyl figures that flap in the wind in front of businesses to attract attention, blobby and shapeless pipes.  

This is what I would say as well. Pants that are not jeans and are done with enough care to work for a "hero" (main) character without being half covered by a tunic or something, this sort are especially tough to find - okay I get it they are not exactly as easy to model as a miniskirt, but still. Same for shoes/boots.

A 2012 render that has M4 in there and even M2 =) The scene is a bit nonsensical, but it was made for a contest KaribousBoutique ran back then, where you had to use specific random items from your order history. If you click the image, it will take you to a gallery page where you can view the largest version and the list of items used, too.

Rendered obviously in DAZ Studio 3 and 3Delight (what version was it? 10 something?). And no postwork, not even colour correction - got lucky that time =)

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,645
    edited January 2016

Glasses and beards for the win. Also new hair purchases. yes

Thorin Durin.jpg
    1750 x 1400 - 762K
    Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited January 2016

I suppose I should contribute :)  All rendered in Octane.

Post edited by Sorel on
  • Very nice @Sorel!

Sorel said:

I suppose I should contribute :)  All rendered in Octane.

Wonderful scene, those expressions are priceless =)

Thanks guys :)

I'm loving all the images i this thread, keep 'em comin'.

• genarisgenaris Posts: 313

@ Sorel - that breakfast scene! Love the expressions and body language, the way their hair is blowing in the breeze just right, very nice.  Great posing details and very nice sweating on the Karate Kid, too!

edited January 2016

We've seen a deluge of new release female items the last couple of days... Sure would be nice to see an Egyptian bundle for Michael, but somehow I doubt we will. Come on, DAZ. Prove me wrong! lol (As an aside, I like the Mega-Bundle concept for themes, rather than a theme for a new figure Pro bundle...)

The last item for the guys released by a PA is the Casual Heat Outfit for Genesis 3 Male(s) on January 2, along with the Casual Heat Outfit Textures. Since then, one PA released the DO High Top Canvas Sneaker for both G2F and G2M and PC+ released Colin Hair for Genesis 3 Male(s) along with Colors for Colin Hair. I know it can take months for an item to go through the process from submission to release, so hopefully there are a lot more male-specific items in the pipeline.

In the meantime, we need to post more images!
    laugh

Post edited by L'Adair on

yeah the males always seem to get left behind i the theme stuff. never got mermaids for G2M, I would definitely love egyptian stuff for the males.

• Remember that the Egyptian stuff is a PA product, not a Daz product.

Remember that the Egyptian stuff is a PA product, not a Daz product.

So how do we get feedback to Fisty & Darc, Fred Winkler Art, Lilflame, Sabby, Sedor, Sveva and SWAM to let them know we'd love a similar bundle for Genesis 3 Male(s), (or G2M, for that matter...)?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited January 2016

You could post in the thread on the set - Fisty at least is reading that. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/69010/fwsa-taia-samira-promos#latest

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

You could post in the thread on the set - Fisty at least is reading that. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/69010/fwsa-taia-samira-promos#latest

Thank you. I will. smiley

• kmorris1@oh.rr.com[email protected] Posts: 1,107
    edited January 2016

Well, this is the first time I ever posted a picture and I'm still not sure I should. I saw this product called More than human 2.0 by DarioFish. I liked it. I thought it was cool and even sexy. I had to have it so I bought it. Of course I probably won't use it that often. But still....so I applied it to Mike 7, found an action pose that I liked. Then I looked for what else I had in my library that might work with it. And the picture is what I came up with. I recently learned how to come up with a fairly well lit iray scene. But it began to feel that I was over using that and I thought this picture wanted something different. So I experimented a little bit and decided to go with what I have in this picture. It reminds me of one of those wickedly stormy days when the sun is also out.

Also, I'm sure how you get the larger picture in your post as well as the little attachment and why you even need them both. I also wonder why people just attach those little attachments anyway. They are often too small for somebody to see what the issue is. Not a criticism of anyone. Just an observation. But maybe I'll be guilty of the same, since I only know how to attach a picture with the browse button.

CyberMike.jpg
    768 x 432 - 85K
    Post edited by [email protected] on
  • L'Adair said:

I know it can take months for an item to go through the process from submission to release, so hopefully there are a lot more male-specific items in the pipeline.

laugh

I think what you MEANT to say was 'I know it takes boobs for an item to go through the process from submission to release'.

KevinH said:

Well, this is the first time I ever posted a picture and I'm still not sure I should. I saw this product called More than human 2.0 by DarioFish. I liked it. I thought it was cool and even sexy. I had to have it so I bought it. Of course I probably won't use it that often. But still....so I applied it to Mike 7, found an action pose that I liked. Then I looked for what else I had in my library that might work with it. And the picture is what I came up with. I recently learned how to come up with a fairly well lit iray scene. But it began to feel that I was over using that and I thought this picture wanted something different. So I experimented a little bit and decided to go with what I have in this picture. It reminds me of one of those wickedly stormy days when the sun is also out.

Very interesting image. I like it. (I had to look up More Than Human. I see it's sold over at Renderosity, if anyone is wondering why they can't find it on DAZ3D.com.)

KevinH said:

Also, I'm sure how you get the larger picture in your post as well as the little attachment and why you even need them both. I also wonder why people just attach those little attachments anyway. They are often too small for somebody to see what the issue is. Not a criticism of anyone. Just an observation. But maybe I'll be guilty of the same, since I only know how to attach a picture with the browse button.

It isn't intuitive, that's for sure. If you want to put an image in the body of the post, it has to have a URL. The two most popular ways of adding an image are 1) attach the image as you've done, post the comment, copy the URL of the attachement, and then edit the post inserting the image using the image icon in the comment editor. 2) Uploading the image to your gallery, grab the URL of that image, and insert the image using the image icon in the comment editor.

Post like this one, http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/981724/#Comment_981724, are found throughout the forums.

And the reason for the small image attachment along with the larger image is deleting the attachment removes the image from the server. My personal preference is to use the gallery, though sometimes I have an image I don't want in my galleries, so then I go the attachment route.

L'Adair said:

I know it can take months for an item to go through the process from submission to release, so hopefully there are a lot more male-specific items in the pipeline.

laugh

I think what you MEANT to say was 'I know it takes boobs for an item to go through the process from submission to release'.

LMAO! Good one...

• Oh yay!!  I didn't get my entry finished for Raining Men and now I'm motivated to finish it.  Hopefully soon... it has a lot of men.  That's the easy part.  Getting them dressed was taking a bit longer.  laugh

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795
    edited January 2016

Yust give them to us naked ... well within the guidelines cool

Here is another one of mine, Faramir (yep the one from LOTR, no not the film)

again dialed in from g2m

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/99/69cd7249fee8e428e759b27f1e070e.jpg

Post edited by Linwelly on
  • gerterasmusgerterasmus Posts: 287
    edited January 2016

Still a work in progress. Figured it's time I started figuring out / learning more about skin settings, SSS, mixing maps, etc. Will post the finished image once it's done.

My Galleries

Post edited by gerterasmus on

Oh yay!!  I didn't get my entry finished for Raining Men and now I'm motivated to finish it.  Hopefully soon... it has a lot of men.  That's the easy part.  Getting them dressed was taking a bit longer.  laugh

By all means, please finish it and post it here... And the issues with "getting them dressed" is the motivation behind all the threads, and the contest, since the first "It's Not Raining Men" thread. (Which actually started with a title about "sexual discrimination" against the men here at DAZ! lol)

I can hardly wait to see your render. I'll try to be patient. (Patience is not one of my virtues...)

Linwelly said:

Yust give them to us naked ... well within the guidelines cool

Here is another one of mine, Faramir (yep the one from LOTR, no not the film)

again dialed in from g2m

Based on the availablity of good men's clothing, you'd think we were supposed to use them naked in everything. Strategically posed, of course!
    laugh

(I'm exaggerating to be funny, of course. There are some incredible clothing items for the guys. Just not enough of them by far.)

Faramir looks great! Wonder tribute to a wonderful character. (Love LOTR. Both the books and the movies.)

• gerterasmusgerterasmus Posts: 287
    edited January 2016

Some of my older renders. Timothy.

My Galleries

Post edited by gerterasmus on
This discussion has been closed.