Linwelly's Grove

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,861
    edited February 2016
    mori_mann said:
    Linwelly said:
    mori_mann said:

That set looks good on her :D One of my favourites, but my scrap heap hates loading it.

Yes, its kind of cpu eating. But there is a dial where you can scale up and down the HD, so for everything before the final render (and on distance shots even then) I scale it as far down as possible. That way its handable for me.

It helps marginally on my old machine. But there's always to option to place and pose without clothes and then add them afterward. And then pray there is no finger clipping ;)

That is true, I make a lot of posing with my figures nekkid, (my kids always standing there asking why is she/ he nekkid) just because the results seem more natural to me most of the time.

Post edited by Linwelly on
  • I do the same.  I get a lot of the kids yelling, "Mom's playing with naked people again."  Who knows what the neighbors think.  However, sometimes, It is just easier to pose people naked and then tweak once their clothes are on.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

haha I was working on something and my mother in law was over. Enough said....

Here is the link for the next RRRR contest with the challenge " the sequel" http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/71563/rrrr-the-sequel-render-contest#latest.

You should try its a great way to use content you never used before.

Looks interesting indeed!  Not sure how to get my entire inventory into a text document though

Looks interesting indeed!  Not sure how to get my entire inventory into a text document though

If you still have your DIM you can use that: open it go to the tab called Installed select everything right click into the prodcts window and select "export seceted to CSV" the settings you can leave as they are, then it will ask you where to save the CSV. open the file with your standard table program (excel/libre office...) it will ask you how to import the information, usually the given settings are good to go with. Nex will be cleansing the table of all the stuff you don't need in your selection (eg materials for some clothes or another gotten as a freebie where you don't have the actual clothes for, For me I delete all iray shader as I don't go for the Iray, all the basic programm settings) and add the stuff per hand you downloaded via the connect if you use that. There is no need to include all the freebies from sharecg or material from other stores, except if you want to.

then get a numer in front of each item ( i use the table preset given  ones and get four of the selected via a randomiser. let the fun begin

Okay great thanks!  Will see if I can squeeze it in this month or not. 

• Linwelly said:

If you still have your DIM you can use that: open it go to the tab called Installed select everything right click into the prodcts window and select "export seceted to CSV" the settings you can leave as they are, then it will ask you where to save the CSV. open the file with your standard table program (excel/libre office...) it will ask you how to import the information, usually the given settings are good to go with. Nex will be cleansing the table of all the stuff you don't need in your selection (eg materials for some clothes or another gotten as a freebie where you don't have the actual clothes for, For me I delete all iray shader as I don't go for the Iray, all the basic programm settings) and add the stuff per hand you downloaded via the connect if you use that. There is no need to include all the freebies from sharecg or material from other stores, except if you want to.

then get a numer in front of each item ( i use the table preset given  ones and get four of the selected via a randomiser. let the fun begin

Gee, I wish I had asked this question.  I went and copy and pasted each page of my product page into LibreOffice and then converted to a txt document.  I have a LOT of pages and I only managed to get through about half before I gave up.  Going to give this method a try as it sounds so much easier.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,664
    Linwelly said:

Gee, I wish I had asked this question.  I went and copy and pasted each page of my product page into LibreOffice and then converted to a txt document.  I have a LOT of pages and I only managed to get through about half before I gave up.  Going to give this method a try as it sounds so much easier.

Ok I got the first part done butttt so not sure what to do next can some explain a bit further? got it into word pad now what do I do from there????

You don't really need to make a word pad out of it, just save the csv extract with a title somewhere you can find it again. Next step is to open the csv file but not with the ususal double click but with a right mouse click and select a table calc program to open it with. That reseults in a text import into the calc program, the pop up has some weird looking things going on asking how to separate, just click ok, there you go. next is just editing your list to remove what you don't need.

edited February 2016

My moste recent work:

Is he a warlock to wield the ancient stones, or is he called there by ancient magic?
    Something I have been working on for some time now trying to get nice effects with lights in DS4.8 using 3dlight, as that, there is only minor postwork in this one covering an artifact, the light effect is all done in 3dlight.  Let me know what you think.
    Character is mine, custom dialed from g2m, the tattoos are created by me after original celtic designs.
    The carvings on the stones and the light pattern are created by me after original carvings found in Cornwall, UK(Cornwall labyrinth) and a barrow at Newgrange, Ireland.
    Other materials from the DAZ shop

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/b7/9347f41cd989c4abef596a52993ec0.jpg

Sacred.jpg
    1900 x 1069 - 2M

This is awesome!  I haven't had a chance to try out the link you sent me for that effect.  Been a super busy month at work and at home but its on my list lol.  Did you do the tattoos in postwork or with LIE?

This is awesome!  I haven't had a chance to try out the link you sent me for that effect.  Been a super busy month at work and at home but its on my list lol.  Did you do the tattoos in postwork or with LIE?

Thanks a lot, yes there are these month, I'm kind of surprised I found time to do this at all...

The tattoos are made with LIE, was kind of tricky to place the one on the arm so that the seems fit.

Linwelly said:

You don't really need to make a word pad out of it, just save the csv extract with a title somewhere you can find it again. Next step is to open the csv file but not with the ususal double click but with a right mouse click and select a table calc program to open it with. That reseults in a text import into the calc program, the pop up has some weird looking things going on asking how to separate, just click ok, there you go. next is just editing your list to remove what you don't need.

I do not have a Table Calc program in my laptop, where can I get one?

Linwelly said:

Don't you have any of the ususal office programs? The MS office would have Excel as table calc program, but there is some free software which is pretty good like "open office " has a calc program coming with it. I am currently using "libre office", which is as well open source freeware, comes as well with a table calc. They basically all work in the same way. just make sure you get it from the source origin, so not to collect some bugs on the way home.

I don't know what apple has in store if your on a Mac but they where the ones starting these office programs back in the 90's so there is something as well for sure.

edited February 2016

getting closer to my highlander in this render, reworked his hair in post a bit otherwise untouched out of the 3dlight renderer:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/f3/f6d9c0f808a223b4bef0282b71392e.jpg

Sacred-detail.jpg
    1000 x 1414 - 2M

Nice! I really like his tattoos close up.

edited February 2016
    Linwelly said:
    Linwelly said:

Don't you have any of the ususal office programs? The MS office would have Excel as table calc program, but there is some free software which is pretty good like "open office " has a calc program coming with it. I am currently using "libre office", which is as well open source freeware, comes as well with a table calc. They basically all work in the same way. just make sure you get it from the source origin, so not to collect some bugs on the way home.

I don't know what apple has in store if your on a Mac but they where the ones starting these office programs back in the 90's so there is something as well for sure.

No I do not have any of the office stuff in my laptop took them out ages ago cause it took up too much on my hard drive, I will try and find a table calc somewhere on the net :D

Post edited by Saphirewild on
    Linwelly said:
    Linwelly said:

No I do not have any of the office stuff in my laptop took them out ages ago cause it took up too much on my hard drive, I will try and find a table calc somewhere on the net :D

I don't know which software you had but my experience is that the MS office does need a lot of space (tons of gadgets nobody wants or needs) while the freeware usually comes a lot lighter.

Nice! I really like his tattoos close up.

Thanks a lot, I'm pretty sure he will show up again somewhere, showing of what he got devil

edited February 2016

As the first half of the month is through I guess it's ok to post the first fake movie poster here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/c2/7e55d0585bd8c23d669a7b62ba52d6.jpg

hande here is a link to my gallery with the second try in that contest : Blue calling

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/107093/

wetland.jpg
    1200 x 1452 - 2M

Meh... I'm feeling really exausted, uninspired to work on something and thinking it's gonna be crappy anyways. I know it will go away somewhen  but right now it's just awful...

Ugh I hate when that happens!  Hopefully it will pass quickly!

Thanks Sonja, I treated myself with Bryce as a pill... now my head is overheating

Linwelly said:

Thanks Sonja, I treated myself with Bryce as a pill... now my head is overheating

lol I know the feeling!  I dip my toes in Bryce about once a week, its such a great program but... different.  Still trying to learn all the navigation.  I have the worst time moving things around lol.  Would love to see what you come up with.

haha, here is my very first, very exiting bryce render. Yes navigation is kind of differnt. Some day I hope I can do my backgrouns for my DAZ works in Bryce. Also, you may know this one already, just in case you don't http://www.pxleyes.com/tutorial/bryce/1218/Absolute-Beginners-Guide-to-Bryce.html

It didn't leave me completely confused behind, only mostly. For now I completly lack the sense of when things are in touch...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/54/8ee0c924106400624bcaab1f25c9bb.jpg

Nice!  I have watched all the tutorials I could find and plan on watching them all again lol.  Part of my issue is that switching from program to program, my brain loses track of what you are supposed to be doing in what program. I finally started using small notebooks to try and keep track of the even the simple basics.  I have one for Iray one for 3Delight one for Reality one for Bryce and one for odds and ends lol.  Just the old fashioned $1 composition books.  Otherwise I would just run screaming.  My plan is to use the backgrounds in Daz as well, its the first thing I thought when I saw Bryce.  But I would like to be able to create the scene in Bryce as well, importing figures etc.  I really wish they would update Bryce to 64 bit and solve the memory problem.

Nice!  I have watched all the tutorials I could find and plan on watching them all again lol.  Part of my issue is that switching from program to program, my brain loses track of what you are supposed to be doing in what program. I finally started using small notebooks to try and keep track of the even the simple basics.  I have one for Iray one for 3Delight one for Reality one for Bryce and one for odds and ends lol.  Just the old fashioned $1 composition books.  Otherwise I would just run screaming.  My plan is to use the backgrounds in Daz as well, its the first thing I thought when I saw Bryce.  But I would like to be able to create the scene in Bryce as well, importing figures etc.  I really wish they would update Bryce to 64 bit and solve the memory problem.

I guess that could happen to me as well, thats why I'm stickung to 3delight (beside the fact that I'm not equepped enough for that). I have thought many times about getting reality and I might just do that someday but there is still so much to learn for 3delight (I can produce black holes nowblush, gaming around with shader mixer) and now Bryce.. and well Gimp for that matter... as someone in the Bryce forum stated I might need a bigger head.

edited March 2016

Couldn't win a price with my movie posters... a well I liked this one anyway. It was my first attemt at an anime style so here it is:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/ab/79d2a95737196c3016c8d9e73b0564.jpg

blue-calling.jpg
    1900 x 1576 - 2M
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I liked this, Linwelly.  I especially like the whole sort of double exposure thing you did with this.  I haven't played with this type of technique, but I'm finding that I kind of like how the finished product looks when it is applied well.  You did it well.