Linwelly's Grove

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

So, yes that actually what I did, I chopped of the upper part of the fish made the tail large and posed it.  Then put that same texture and shading I made for the corset on the fish part, hidden behind the rock, all fine...

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Love the mermaid scene.  Looks really great and I love that you used a fish tail.

Knittingmommy I still like you too lol.  I have a girl and a boy and the boy was (and is) by far easier than the girl. 

Linwelly my daughter had issues with bullies in middle school as well.  and yes, she is stronger but I find it ridiculous that its even allowed to happen.  If one of my kids bullied anyone it would have hit the fan.

And I too apologize for being so absent I have been trying to keep up in a couple of threads but we had a terrible tragedy last week and I am a bit scattered with posting at the moment.  And struggling with the whole 4.9 thing (its has been good for keeping my mind of things though)

Sonja, I'm sorry to hear about that and I hope everything is working out for you! No worries for being absent, while I love having you (both, all) around, I know real life comes first.

I don't know why its that way with my kids, probably they are too nice, but my son was bullied massively last spring ( children of 8 years...) I don't get it one bit and I still have the impression the teacher could and should have don more there.

I have yet refrained from downloading 4.9, I wanted to wait out the first patches as my impression was it hit public a bit too early. And once I download it it will be offline, don't want no adds in my art working space.

I find it criminal that adults in positions of authority like teachers etc. don't step in and do something.  We ended up dealing with my daughters guidance counselor who was a godsend, She helped my daughter deal with it, gave her strategies and watched the other girl very closely and eventually caughter her doing it. and then she did something about it.  It never stopped all the way but the fact that this counselor was willing to help, helped my daughter to learn to stand up for herself to understand that she had options.

And while I would love to try out the new fixes in 4.9 a. it doesn't support my custom categories.  That alone is a deal breaker for me.  And I won't purchase DRM products.  It always ends badly.  I want to own my content not rent it. and I have seen very bad things happen to people who have paid a lot of money for things and then suddenly no longer had access. I will stick with 4.8.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2016

And while I would love to try out the new fixes in 4.9 a. it doesn't support my custom categories.  That alone is a deal breaker for me.  And I won't purchase DRM products.  It always ends badly.  I want to own my content not rent it. and I have seen very bad things happen to people who have paid a lot of money for things and then suddenly no longer had access. I will stick with 4.8.

There is so much misunderstanding around. First of all when you buy anything from the Daz 3D Store you are actually purchasing a license to use the item. Whether that product is encrypted or not, you are still purchasing exactly the same thing, the license to use the product. It is no more "renting" a product than the older version is.

Post edited by Chohole on
    Chohole said:

There is so much misunderstanding around. First of all when you buy anything from the Daz 3D Store you are actually purchasing a license to use the item. Whether that product is encrypted or not, you are still purchasing exactly the same thing, the license to use the product. It is no more "renting" a product than the older version is.

Ugh its so hard to tell what's what. I am just going to wait until the dust settles and see what happens.  I do have issues with the whole if I get a new computer my stuff won't transfer without authorization.  Or if an upgrade happens and the servers are down I can't fix it right away. or an upgrade happens and daz is out of business and the thousand or so dollars I have spent on content is now useless.  And it doesn't change the fact that my custom categories are useless in 4.9 at the moment.

I think there is no reason to be afraid your content bought from DAZ will cease to exist just like that, DAZ is not a company to pop out of existance just like that. And moving to a new computer, you just download the DS version again and then move your content in, should be no problem with authorizations. They even advise to backup your stuff before downloading 4.9, so moving it back in is planned ahead for. Encryption is the main point I'm still not sure about if I'll be able to acces all the parts of a product I'd like to mess around with. I know by now I can still read the textures, I will follow the (more informative) threads about the rest there is to it.

As with all forums there is a tendency of some forumites to make a hullabloo out of things they "heard somewhere" and then didn't understand half of it.

• TeofaTeofa Posts: 823

And in any forum hullabaloo there are hard kernals of truth that developers out right dismiss...as hulabaloo, assisted by forum moderators who are impartial only to a point.

All of which is true.  So I am going to wait and see lol.

edited January 2016

Lets return to some art or whatever one would like to call those things I throw out here.

This one has the title refugee, I had that completed sitting there for alomost a month and was not really happy with the way it looked. Then Mavrosh over at dA made a black and white challenge and that hit me like a hammer. I turned this to greyscale in poswork and suddenly it worked (well for me). I'm not sure if there is a possibility to render in greyscale directly, if so , I haven't found it yet.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/4f/90e1edae44d4f55241432996865f9d.jpg

refugee.jpg
    1127 x 1600 - 804K
    Post edited by Linwelly on

I think the black and white really helps convey the mood that you are going for in that one.  Looks great!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    Linwelly said:

I think there is no reason to be afraid your content bought from DAZ will cease to exist just like that, DAZ is not a company to pop out of existance just like that. And moving to a new computer, you just download the DS version again and then move your content in, should be no problem with authorizations. They even advise to backup your stuff before downloading 4.9, so moving it back in is planned ahead for. Encryption is the main point I'm still not sure about if I'll be able to acces all the parts of a product I'd like to mess around with. I know by now I can still read the textures, I will follow the (more informative) threads about the rest there is to it.

As with all forums there is a tendency of some forumites to make a hullabloo out of things they "heard somewhere" and then didn't understand half of it.

I have the 4.9 and have no problems with getting everything moved on over to it from 4.8 content. The last few renders I have did was in 4.9. the only thing I am having issues with is the shade mixer keeps comming up with errors for some reson, but other than that 4.9 is great for me

Thanks Sonja! And good to hear from the ones where things work fine with the new 4.9 Saphirewild. Did you use the connect as well or are you in the offline modus, and if yes, how is that encryption going for you?

edited February 2016

These ones were done for the last round of the RRRR, which was about Murphys law so every render got one of the many derivations of murphys law going with them. The first one is called "not a Tunnel" (the shortest way from A to B is by GPS) actually got a HM. The second one is called Starwars party (The sexier a man is, the better the chances that he is gay) and the last one Artistic rampage (If you try to be better than worse, you'll be better at being worse).. sometimes I feel like her.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/13/fca053124ed3154be30282cba103bc.jpg

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/9e/66e7e919bea2c8ec842a6221408147.jpg

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/8f/eb5d35060d438b1d7aa8e289ef20a4.jpg

Not-a-Tunnel.jpg
    1600 x 864 - 1M
    Starwars-Party.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    RRR-murphy3-5.jpg
    1500 x 844 - 1M

Love them! I can particularly sympathize with the first and the third (and congrats on the HM!).  The second is great but I have been married so long I don't get out much anymore lolol.

• These are great, Linwelly.  I remember seeing that first one when I was going through the RRR thread.  It was one that really stood out.  Congratulations on the HM!

Love them! I can particularly sympathize with the first and the third (and congrats on the HM!).  The second is great but I have been married so long I don't get out much anymore lolol.

Well I'm in the same situation but, oh the nights to remember...blush

Linwelly said:

Well I'm in the same situation but, oh the nights to remember...blush

lol  I plead the fifth.....

Linwelly said:

Thanks Sonja! And good to hear from the ones where things work fine with the new 4.9 Saphirewild. Did you use the connect as well or are you in the offline modus, and if yes, how is that encryption going for you?

I chose the offline Mod but thinking I should have choose the other sigh oh well me being a newbie didn't relze they were doing that, so I opted to go offline with it.

These are great, Linwelly.  I remember seeing that first one when I was going through the RRR thread.  It was one that really stood out.  Congratulations on the HM!

Where is this RRR thread can someone link me to it I would love to check out the renders for that!!!

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

These are great, Linwelly.  I remember seeing that first one when I was going through the RRR thread.  It was one that really stood out.  Congratulations on the HM!

Where is this RRR thread can someone link me to it I would love to check out the renders for that!!!

The RRRR Entries Thread is here.

Thanks Kismet for putting that up. Its great fun Saphire, maybe you'd like to participate in the next turn. I will post the link here as soon as its up.

edited February 2016

Time to upload something  here. This is a character I created to have a kickass woman but not within the usual ways of presentation. She is dialed in from g2f and goes by Akane. The skin was made with skin builder. She will have some more jobs to do in one of my projects, and yes she is supposed to look similar to the other asian in my collection.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/39/6e05e592004ccce8377f8fa63dd846.jpghttp://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/55/43ee5c116d7c7e619dba752228fbc0.jpg

Akane.jpg
    571 x 1000 - 623K
    Akanes watch.jpg
    571 x 1000 - 508K
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

That set looks good on her :D One of my favourites, but my scrap heap hates loading it.

mori_mann said:

That set looks good on her :D One of my favourites, but my scrap heap hates loading it.

Yes, its kind of cpu eating. But there is a dial where you can scale up and down the HD, so for everything before the final render (and on distance shots even then) I scale it as far down as possible. That way its handable for me.

Linwelly said:

I chose the offline Mod but thinking I should have choose the other sigh oh well me being a newbie didn't relze they were doing that, so I opted to go offline with it.

You can shoose to work online anytime you want with 4.9 Sapphire.  Just click on the little icon that says offline and you can switch it.

Linwelly said:

Time to upload something  here. This is a character I created to have a kickass woman but not within the usual ways of presentation. She is dialed in from g2f and goes by Akane. The skin was made with skin builder. She will have some more jobs to do in one of my projects, and yes she is supposed to look similar to the other asian in my collection.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/39/6e05e592004ccce8377f8fa63dd846.jpghttp://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/55/43ee5c116d7c7e619dba752228fbc0.jpg

Love this outfit. and her skin looks great.  I have skin builder and use it a LOT.  Can't wait to see what you do with her.

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    Linwelly said:
    mori_mann said:

Yes, its kind of cpu eating. But there is a dial where you can scale up and down the HD, so for everything before the final render (and on distance shots even then) I scale it as far down as possible. That way its handable for me.

It helps marginally on my old machine. But there's always to option to place and pose without clothes and then add them afterward. And then pray there is no finger clipping ;)

Linwelly said:

Love this outfit. and her skin looks great.  I have skin builder and use it a LOT.  Can't wait to see what you do with her.

Well for one she is starring in my fake movie poster for the PC contest, Image is up in my gallery gere http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/104970/. I'm gonna post it here once the contest is though. But I got other plans for her as well