Linwelly's Grove

Comments

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

I will put it on my wishlist.  I bought AprilYSH's double braid bundle and MV's candles.  I will going to go see what kind of damage I can do with both of them shortly.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Those look nice, Linwelly!  I have that hair, but my MV stuff hasn't migrated over yet.  I've used it on M4, but haven't tried it on G2 figures.  I got the hair back when I didn't realize how to use an item for one figure on another.  I'll have to hunt it down my computer if things don't migrate over soon and try it.  Hopefully, it should be soon because I got a PM from someone at DAZ about what MV stuff I own so someone is looking into it.  I just haven't had anything show up in DIM yet.  And, not everything I owned showed up as purchased last I looked.  I haven't used any of the MV or Littlefox stuff in a long time as I never got around to installing any products bought from other sites on the new computer.  

I do like what you did in the one render with the gobo lights.  It looks very nice with all those shadows playing with the face!  I think that is my favorite of yours now!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795
    edited March 2016

Thanks a lot Knitting, I hope the migration will come soon an smoothely, I can imagine the whole matter a reall hassle and something to easily worry about. I havn't made any purchases with other shops yet so I#m on the safe side here, but I' really interested to see the additions to the store that come with the fusion. I believe it will do the DAZ shop a lot of good.

Here for something different, I'm working on a row of renders with chess people, the idea coming from @chanteur-de-vent having a chess pieces render challenge over at dA. Today I finished my black queen, who can opt for dramaqueen as well, at least she put up an act to not be portraied as malicious as I oricinally planned. The light was originally not planned like that as well and more of less happened but I liked the mood I stuck with it.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/8a/73ab18776e31e331c28832139480eb.jpg

sorrow-of-a-queen.jpg
    1061 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by Linwelly on
    Linwelly said:

Thanks a lot Knitting, I hope the migration will come soon an smoothely, I can imagine the whole matter a reall hassle and something to easily worry about. I havn't made any purchases with other shops yet so I#m on the safe side here, but I' really interested to see the additions to the store that come with the fusion. I believe it will do the DAZ shop a lot of good.

Here for something different, I'm working on a row of renders with chess people, the idea coming from @chanteur-de-vent having a chess pieces render challenge over at dA. Today I finished my black queen, who can opt for dramaqueen as well, at least she put up an act to not be portraied as malicious as I oricinally planned. The light was originally not planned like that as well and more of less happened but I liked the mood I stuck with it.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/8a/73ab18776e31e331c28832139480eb.jpg

She's not bad.  She's just drawn that way.  image

I am actually glad she did not want to be evil.  Maybe in this case your White Queen (if you haven't rendered her yet) is the "evil" one.

Nice image Linwelly.  I am enjoying this series.

edited March 2016

Thanks Kismet, well I have one who will be white queen soon and that one you know already... just noticed I never put the others I finished out of this series up here, so here is the white pawn and she is about to be queen soon title is the pawns secret. Second one ist the black king title Mar of a dark heart

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/27/0bbcc591fab88cc46750fec335ea4c.jpg

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/7e/8d8efa85fe4abeb68518fd6f81173e.jpg

the-pawns-secret.jpg
    1127 x 1826 - 2M
    Mar-of-a-dark-heart.jpg
    1131 x 1600 - 2M

I love these chess renders!  Very nicely done.  I think the Black Queen is my favorite, though.  Please post the others as you do them.  These are very nice!

Love your Black King...and the pain he inflicted on those pawns "defending" himself.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Really like these!

Thanks everyone, I have quite some ideas for the chess peices, but they turn out to be rather time consuming with all the little details and symbolisms I have in mind. In the last two days I had way to much fun with a bryce tutorial:

http://mulawa.net/cgi-bin/tutorials/tn.pl?tute=9 topic abstract art. Its astonishingly simple and will be great for producing macical artifacts and backgrounds. In the moment I am trying to reproduce the effect in DS4.8 using 3delight, but the material presets are rather different and the 3delight renderer is getting pretty busy with that task. first one is following the tutorial steps exactly, then I started playing with materials and objects.

abstract1.jpg
    1754 x 867 - 117K
    abstract11.jpg
    1754 x 867 - 106K
    abstract12.jpg
    1754 x 867 - 272K
    goldeneye.jpg
    1754 x 867 - 118K

And this is the result in DS4.8

Abstract1DS.png
    1000 x 618 - 614K

I love abstract art.  The 3rd one is my favourite but they are all great.

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012

Wow....just wow @Linwelly ! So many great renders here, loving the lighting and composition all round!

I guess I was kind of busy... thanks a lot KA1, but you know, making single images takes much less time than animation and thinking of a complete story with heads and tail is yet out of my reach (concentration of a squirrel)

Anyway, as of lately I get asked if I'm a robot when I want to post a new discussion I was inspired to this one... prejudiced against Artifolk are we?

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/c2/79ed63dd81e0c3110b53d3873d996e.jpg

Robot.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 2M
    Linwelly said:

Very cool!  I did not even know that could be done in DS!

Linwelly said:

I guess I was kind of busy... thanks a lot KA1, but you know, making single images takes much less time than animation and thinking of a complete story with heads and tail is yet out of my reach (concentration of a squirrel)

Anyway, as of lately I get asked if I'm a robot when I want to post a new discussion I was inspired to this one... prejudiced against Artifolk are we?

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/c2/79ed63dd81e0c3110b53d3873d996e.jpg

Now that's funny.  I just noticed that when I started a new discussion today.  I don't usually start any so I had never noticed that.  I kept thinking I need to keep checking the box, but it kept timing out because I took too long.  It finally dawned on my that I didn't actually need to check the box until the end when I was done typing and ready to hit the Post button.

I like the render.  Very appropriate. laugh

Linwelly said:

Now that's funny.  I just noticed that when I started a new discussion today.  I don't usually start any so I had never noticed that.  I kept thinking I need to keep checking the box, but it kept timing out because I took too long.  It finally dawned on my that I didn't actually need to check the box until the end when I was done typing and ready to hit the Post button.

I like the render.  Very appropriate. laugh

Thanks a lot Knitting, that happened to me the first time as well, hehe.

As I was doing that in brice I was thinking the principles got to work in DS as well, a large sphere with mirror shader, a torus inside from coloured glass some lights a camera. there you go. Just make sure that in your render settings the Max ray trace depth is at least on 4 better higher (that again is for 3delight speaking)

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited March 2016
    Linwelly said:

Interesting work, Linwelly!

As a suggestion to improve the DAZ Studio result in postwork. You could open the image in Gimp. Copy the Layer and use Multiply (Multiplikation) as Screen Mode, play with the opacity.
    Make a second Copy go to Filters => Blur => Gaussian Blur ( Filter => Weichzeichnen => Gausscher Weichzeichner ), maybe a Value of 8 Pixel could work fine. Use Hard Edges (Harte Kanten) as Screen Mode and play with the Opacity.

Some time ago I have tried to do some abstracts in Gimp only. This should be fun to play with. :-)

Post edited by MN-150374 on
    Linwelly said:

LOVE this!

MN-150374 said:
    Linwelly said:

Interesting work, Linwelly!

As a suggestion to improve the DAZ Studio result in postwork. You could open the image in Gimp. Copy the Layer and use Multiply (Multiplikation) as Screen Mode, play with the opacity.
    Make a second Copy go to Filters => Blur => Gaussian Blur ( Filter => Weichzeichnen => Gausscher Weichzeichner ), maybe a Value of 8 Pixel could work fine. Use Hard Edges (Harte Kanten) as Screen Mode and play with the Opacity.

Some time ago I have tried to do some abstracts in Gimp only. This should be fun to play with. :-)

Thanks Mike, sounds like a plan to pursue, hehe. There is a ton of very funny things down the depth of GIMP, I tried for several of them as well already but I usually still lack the knowledge to go beyond the first steps of altering something. But I got some nice magic effects to use in DAZ out of it.

Thanks a lot Sonja, seems to ahve hit a nerve in the commons ;-)

edited April 2016

Here is a new one I have been working on during this week, title is Tales ... Come sit, friend, and let us spend the evening together...Tales, hm yes, there are some tales I could tell you, listen...

I tried my new Rons's wisps here, wanted to do a lot more of them, but meh, they wouldn't fit, so I left it at this. I had to trick around with the light as there was a Sun light spot coming wiht the sky which I wanted to illuminate the leaves but coming in from the side looked strange on the guy so I put up a plane outside the view, as a barrier for the light, old man sits in the shadows and the leaves are lit by the sun, me happy. Renderd as usual in 3delight, wisps and small corrections in post using Gimp.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/20/6582827ecdbdeacaad31f1f75ed453.jpg

Tales.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 2M
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

He does like he has tales to tell indeed. Let's start with where he got that fancy lighter ;)

I'm not a smoker but I love his lighter.  So cute.

Yeah, I kind of like that lighter, too!  Brilliant idea, Linwelly!

Brilliant lighter!  Love it!

It really does have the feeling in the title! Reminds a bit of the wise old man from Sintel. If anyone here hasn't seen the Sintel animated short from the blender foundation (an experiment to show a AAA quality animation could be produced using nothing but open source programs!) I'd heartily recommend it.
    edited April 2016

Thanks a lot all of you, the lighter was inspired from a time when we still went LARPing a lot (it' a pitty but not possible at the moment) and everybody using a lighter mumbled something about a pocket dragon so at some time I had to do one.

No this one is called Old news ... seen better times? And was made for the PC challenge whats new. Need an item lately bought and never used before, so there is V7 (whom I got for free) the G3f Body and head morphs (which I got for nearly free) and V8 (which came for free with the Riverwillow, shirt in disguise)... Duh, I am cheapskate...

rendered in 3delight  so I put the 3delight default materials on the motor, I was surprised to find some decent aging sliders among the head and body morphs, posing is still kind of a pain on the g3 figures I think. minor postwork in Gimp2.8

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/fe/3008f8b173b7e7d2769a7cbca5262a.jpg

old-news.jpg
    1131 x 1600 - 1M
    edited April 2016

For anyone who wants a look at it, I tried to convert the first of the cyber interface to 3delight. first I converted everything to DS standert material. All the glowing parts are there as a map and so I put them up in the ambient (change colour to white) , the specular and the trans map into the opacity slider. for the metal parts I use the metal shaders from the ultimate shader pack (share cg http://www.sharecg.com/v/27568/material-and-shader/Ultimate-Shader-Pack-for-DAZ-Studio) with the Ingore option. Normal maps come with it but need to be put back into use( that's for the metal parts as well). I still would like the orange on the central rings to be more glowing but its a good start.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/c3/7eaae4c19b008764ecd9f720796152.png

CI_interface01.png
    800 x 800 - 863K
    Oh wow, that's already looking like an awesome 3Delight conversion!!

How does onoe convert to standard materials?  I know how to convert to iray but don'tknow how to go the other way.

In the content library go to shader presets and find the DS defaults folder, first one is named dzDefault, apply as usual, please ask your physician or pharmacist about the risks and side effects... no that was something differentlaugh