Easy Environments: Oak Woods View (Daz Studio) [Commercial]

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

No poser for this one?    Can you not release the OBJs as a general installer, so those of us who use OBJs can add our own chosen materials

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,837

That is an instant buy for me. I need a dock just like that, though with water maybe... Still, that is excellent.

Mary

• FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 886

lol ... I'm sure I'll try to use a skybox with the set, lol

Lol, you wouldn`t, would you? We`ll see. ;)

That is an instant buy for me. I need a dock just like that, though with water maybe... Still, that is excellent.

Mary

Thanks, glad you like it! Fair warning, the dock is a single object, so it would be quite tricky to remove the snow.

Chohole said:

No poser for this one?    Can you not release the OBJs as a general installer, so those of us who use OBJs can add our own chosen materials

No Poser for this one, sorry!
    Trying (and eventually giving up on) to fix the Poser issues I ran into with the previous set did cost a lot of time, I just couldn`t bring myself to do that again.
    It might be me, but unfortunately troubles creating the Poser versions are the norm for me.

I`ll look into packing the objs, I am not sure if that`s an option.
    Would that really be worth it? The files would be off-scale, and assigning textures would be quite some work.

Flipmode said:

lol ... I'm sure I'll try to use a skybox with the set, lol

Lol, you wouldn`t, would you? We`ll see. ;)

Mary

Thanks, glad you like it! Fair warning, the dock is a single object, so it would be quite tricky to remove the snow.

Chohole said:

No Poser for this one, sorry!
    Trying (and eventually giving up on) to fix the Poser issues I ran into with the previous set did cost a lot of time, I just couldn`t bring myself to do that again.
    It might be me, but unfortunately troubles creating the Poser versions are the norm for me.

I`ll look into packing the objs, I am not sure if that`s an option.
    Would that really be worth it? The files would be off-scale, and assigning textures would be quite some work.

Stonemason has added OBJs to some of his sets.   If a product is worth using a little extra work is OK to get it into programs like Carrara and Bryce

• Flipmode said:

Thanks Midnight!

Ha! @ Willow. laugh  Since the switch from skyboxes it`s like a meta-game for me to get you interested in a set. smiley

I'm getting it today for sure !!!

The Skybox has me intrigued !

Chohole said:

Stonemason has added OBJs to some of his sets.   If a product is worth using a little extra work is OK to get it into programs like Carrara and Bryce

Ok, sounds reasonable. I`ll drop a mail to Daz and ask if it can be added.

Thanks again, glad you like it!
    The skybox is a skysphere/HDRI. Willow still doesn`t approve of me switching away from boxes to spheres, so I am on a mission for years trying to convince her lol.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,159

That frozen lake looks fabulous I look forward to its release.

Ivy said:

That frozen lake looks fabulous I look forward to its release.

Thanks Ivy! I am always happy to see someone who owns previous sets being in for more.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,787
    edited December 2019

Flipmode said:

Thanks again, glad you like it!
    The skybox is a skysphere/HDRI. Willow still doesn`t approve of me switching away from boxes to spheres, so I am on a mission for years trying to convince her lol.

Lol ... I've actually been looking for a tool that will cube a sphere, lol

Post edited by WillowRaven on

Lol ... I've actually been looking for a tool that will cube a sphere, lol

Did you stumble over this one > https://pragmar.com/qbit/ ?
    I did not try it, but it seems to be what you are looking for.
    If it works, the resolution of the images would be lower than it was on my skyboxes though.

-
    Just to have is said > Frozen Lake is available now. ;)
    I also updated my site with 1080p previews.

wc

wc

wc

Chohole said:

Can you not release the OBJs as a general installer, so those of us who use OBJs can add our own chosen materials

I submitted the OBJs to Daz a few minutes ago. I don`t know how it will go (new territory to me), just wanted to let you know chances are up they will be added. I`ll keep you updated.

Flipmode said:

Did you stumble over this one > https://pragmar.com/qbit/ ?
    I did not try it, but it seems to be what you are looking for.
    If it works, the resolution of the images would be lower than it was on my skyboxes though.

For now. if I'm forced to use a dome, I positions, hide everything in the scene, render, then make my alterations and load the flat render as a background

Flipmode said:
    Chohole said:

Can you not release the OBJs as a general installer, so those of us who use OBJs can add our own chosen materials

I submitted the OBJs to Daz a few minutes ago. I don`t know how it will go (new territory to me), just wanted to let you know chances are up they will be added. I`ll keep you updated.

Thanks.   I have purchased the lake,  so will keep my fingers crossed .

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,907

Why would you want a box rather than a sphere (or hemisphere)??

Oso3D said:

Why would you want a box rather than a sphere (or hemisphere)??

I find adapting them to my needs is easier with a flat image to work with. Adding planets and moons or cloud formations. Warping or distortions can happen and frustrate.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,159
    edited December 2019

Great set Flip mode,   I picked it up this afternoon  . I am sure going to get tons of use from this . I love the broking ice props nice touch.

I would like to make a suggestion for added on for this set .. if you could make a snow plane or snow cover hills to replace the lake with snowmobil tracks or snow drift that be awesome, . anyway great job as always

Afternoon Ice skating # Gallery

Post edited by Ivy on

Thanks Ivy! Lovely image, I so much hoped someone owns a pair of skates to go along with the set lol ;)

No plans on such an addon tbh. (additional sky options are hopefully coming though), but it sounds a bit like last years Winter II set. :/

edited December 2019
    Chohole said:
    Flipmode said:
    Chohole said:

Thanks.   I have purchased the lake,  so will keep my fingers crossed .

Thanks for the purchase. :)  OBJs have been added and should be available on your download page now.
    File scale is meters, so if you want to import them into Poser they`ll need scaling.

Post edited by Flipmode on

OK    thankls  so much 

Hi guys, just to post some previews for  a Skysphere/HDRI "addon" for Frozen Lake. Of course you don`t need the original set to use the Spheres/HDRIs.
    Hope you like it. :)

wc

wc

wc

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,133

Beautiful skies!

• Love the aurora borealis!

Thanks guys, glad you like it =)

Hi guys!

I hope everyone is in good health and spirits, unaffected by the thing, and maybe even able to enjoy having some extra time.

So ... I finally managed to get a new set together, Raft & Lagoon. Actually, one main-set plus an addon.

It`s centered around an artificial bathing isle.
    The objects on it are all seperate and can be removed, in case you want to use it more like a river-raft and deck it out with different stuff.
    The ripples in the water are morphs you can dial in/out.

The addon features a different kind of raft, more makeshift style with oil-barrels, and turns the scene into something more dark and rainy.

Between main-set and addon, the rafts are interchangeable, so there are rainy versions for the first and dry versions for the second.

Hope you like it & stay safe everone.

Main Set:

wc

wc

wc

Addon:

wc

wc

wc

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,349

This looks interesting.  Most of my renders are set in a vaguely Tolkienesque fantasy universe so the raft wouldn't work but the lagoon would make a very good backdrop for Archmage Serena's latest confrontation with a huge evil monster. 

Cheers,

Alex.

Hehe, I am glad about any use it might have. ;)

I thought the ripple morphs in the water might be of use for some sea creatures too, even though I was more thinking about the small one in front of the raft.

Hi guys,

My attempts on giving a little release heads-up failed, so I`ll at least drop the "sets are released" info now. ;)
    I hope you`ll like them!

Raft & Lagoon Main set:

wc

wc

Raft & Lagoon Addon:

wc

wc

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Sorry an older one, but I thought you might like to see the picture (Easy Environments: Oasis)

DesertDancer.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 344K
    Kerya said:

Sorry an older one, but I thought you might like to see the picture (Easy Environments: Oasis)

No apologies necessary ... I'm notorious for showing off the older sets here. I use something from an EE in almost every project, even if just the lights and skybox.

Thanks Kerya! Yes, always happy to see images.
    Since I often miss out on what`s posted to the galleries (notifications seem a bit unreliable there) I am grateful you guys bother posting them in here as well.
    Nice image, puts me in a Conan Exiles mood! ;)

Willow ... happy to read you`re still using them!