Comments

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,341
    edited November 2021

Very nice and useful looking; I like it! smiley

Post edited by caravelle on
  • FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 882

Thanks caravelle, glad to hear it :)

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

@Flipmode, my only experience with the Easy Environments was with "Easy Environments Greenlands", which was a 2013 product.  Have there been a lot of changes with them since that time, or is it basically the same usage, different backgrounds?

edited November 2021

@3dOutlaw, 2013? Gee, I didn`t realize I am doing those sets since 8 years. ;)

Well, the core idea is still the same, combining a chunk of ground geometry (for figures to stand on) with suitable backgrounds.

Back then the background was a "Skybox", nowadays it´s a "Skysphere" and HDRI.
    Back then the sets supported 3Delight and Poser, now it´s 3Delight and Iray.
    And of course there have been some convenience changes (e.g. 3Delight Lighting is grouped to the Skysphere now) and changes in how I create the content.

Greenlands was the very first product of the series, at the time I was happy I had found a way to deliver such open landscape sets at all.
    I hope they improved since then. ;)

Post edited by Flipmode on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Love all of your stuff.  Every single one lol. 

@IceDragonArt Thanks! smileyblushwink

edited November 2021

Hi guys!

Just the usual "Set is now available" post. ;)
    Hope you´ll have some fun with it!

https://www.daz3d.com/easy-environments-exoplanet-vi

wc

wc

wc

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,770

Did I miss II, III, & IV?

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

They can be found at 'the other' place' beginning with R ;-)

Ahhh ... thanks :D

WillowRaven said:

Ahhh ... thanks :D

Noticed a sudden influx of ExoPlanet sales there, I sense a connection lol ;)

Hi guys!
    Exoplanet VII is around the corner, releasing pretty soon. :)

The set has a daylight version with big planets and a sunset version with smaller planets on the horizon.
    3Delight users need to own the UberSurface2 Layered Shader for the Snow&Ice mix like you see it on the previews.
    I included pure snow versions, which don`t require the shader, as fallback though.

wc

wc

wc

Hi!

Set already released, that was fast. smiley

https://www.daz3d.com/easy-environments-exoplanet-vii

wc

wc

Merry Christmas to you all, stay safe, stay healthy, and have some relaxed, cozy days!

Anyone in the mood for a road trip? wink
    Coming soon, hope you´ll like it!

wc

wc

wc

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

Oh that is just what I need for an image I have in mind :-) Road stretching to infinite

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604

Wow, that looks amazing!

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,063

Looking great!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255

Excellent.

Thanks everyone, glad to read you like it and may have use for the setting. :)

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

I can use that if the fence can be hidden.

mwokee said:

Funny, I put that in the product description, just in case someone would need it. ;)
    So yes, you can hide or remove the fences and the power poles.

Out of curiosity, if you don`t mind me asking, why do you need that option though?

• Flipmode said:

mwokee said:

Funny, I put that in the product description, just in case someone would need it. ;)
    So yes, you can hide or remove the fences and the power poles.

Out of curiosity, if you don`t mind me asking, why do you need that option though?

I don't know about the OP, but I would hide the fence because it is too close to the road for my area - setbacks are a minimum of 40 meters from a highway :-)

edited March 2022

Thanks Misselthwaite, always good to learn a bit about what is important to users. In this case realism. ;)
    Not everyone seems to adhere to that 40 meters law though, going by my reference images. wink
    That said, I basicly just added the fences to have some visual details and another "spot of interest" where characters could lean or sit.

wc

Clear sky variation >

wc

• A fence is never a bad thing to have (though around here, they are usually more barbed wire, not straight wood).  I wasn't thinking so much about realism - it just looked odd to me, and I had to stop and parse out why :-)  Still, that is part of why you are awsome - you don't weld your fences to the ground ;-)

Are there any standalone mesas?

Misselthwaite said:

...  Still, that is part of why you are awsome - you don't weld your fences to the ground ;-)

I am super good at not doing stuff wink

WillowRaven said:

Hi Willow! You mean as geometry in the scene?
    No, the geometry is the road and a stretch of sand left and right, the mountains are part of the skysphere/hdri.
    What is it you are looking for?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604

Nice to know the fences can be hidden. Here in Texas, you mostly see barbwire fences aong the highway (and cattle), not fences like this. Looking forward to it!

Flipmode said:

WillowRaven said:

Hi Willow! You mean as geometry in the scene?
    No, the geometry is the road and a stretch of sand left and right, the mountains are part of the skysphere/hdri.
    What is it you are looking for?

I've often needed the ability to include physical Mesas to land spaceships on or build temples on, or cities, etc. I've had to resort to using an OLD BRYCE SET and exporting them as obj's then halfway retexturing them. A good-looking 3DL and iray set of movable mesas that could be plunked into any scene would be a HUGE help.

FSMCDesigns said:

Nice to know the fences can be hidden. Here in Texas, you mostly see barbwire fences aong the highway (and cattle), not fences like this. Looking forward to it!

Haha, I am starting to feel very lucky about the fences being hideable! ;)
    Ye, I think most reference images showed barbwire fences, but I found them quite unattractive. ;)