Easy Environments: ExoPlanet VIII (Daz Studio) [Commercial]

Comments

• FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 882

WillowRaven said:

I've often needed the ability to include physical Mesas to land spaceships on or build temples on, or cities, etc. I've had to resort to using an OLD BRYCE SET and exporting them as obj's then halfway retexturing them. A good-looking 3DL and iray set of movable mesas that could be plunked into any scene would be a HUGE help.

Ah, got it. Some of my sets are built in a similar shape, e.g. Exoplanet VI. But the Detail focus is usually on the inner area, not so much on shots from a distance. Anyway, Road to Nowhere is the wrong set for that purpose, it`s really about the road and the surrounding mesa environment.
  • mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

Flipmode said:

mwokee said:

I can use that if the fence can be hidden.

Funny, I put that in the product description, just in case someone would need it. ;)
    So yes, you can hide or remove the fences and the power poles.

Out of curiosity, if you don`t mind me asking, why do you need that option though?

PA's should realize that a lot of products need a fair amount of postwork for us end users to create digital art. A static scene that can't be manipulated becomes a liability.

It irks me to no end when PA's put in their name on a product, it's a real pain trying to remove it. Very rare that happens now. If you put signs in a scene, those should be hideable also. The agency I work with doesn't even allow me to use fake signs like you see in the city scenes. You can't use trademarks and logos in commercial art and my agency doesn't know what's fake or real. Some PA's have used real trademarks. I have brought this up but those posts get deleted. There are a few lawsuits around here waiting to happen.

mwokee said:

... A static scene that can't be manipulated becomes a liability. ...

Yes, makes sense.
    When building content, I usually try to imagine what customers might want to do with it.
    E.g. the fence in this set is basicly there to add something figures could interact with. But, like the power poles, it remains hideable for users who have other plans.
    Sometimes an artist might simply not like an element, so -if possible- it´s good to keep scenes flexible imo.
    That said, you can`t always please everyone.

Previews for Skysphere/HDRI Addon (adds two sunsets, dark clouds, night):

wc

wc

wc

Both releases are pretty much around the corner now. :)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,820

just wondering, why for a long stretch of road there is an unbroken line.. indecision

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,770

In the states that usually means one can pass if nothing is oncoming

Frankly, I don´t drive, so I didn´t put much thought into that. ;)
    My reference images had quite long stretches, but it´s true, they tend to break up every now and then.

• WillowRaven said:

I didn't notice that but the other person was right i think. No passing zones are usually places with limited visability ahead such as a hill or curve. The point of the scene is that there are no hills, no curves, nothing but the endless tretch of road.

WillowRaven said:

you may need to review your driving rule book lol

YELLOW LINES mark the center of a two-way road used for two-way traffic. You may pass on a two-way road if the yellow centerline is broken. When a solid and a broken yellow line are together, you must not pass if you are driving next to the solid line. Two solid yellow lines mean no passing. Never drive to the left of these lines. 

Stezza, is this a theoretical issue for you or a practical one with the set?
    I can send you the texture with the unbroken line removed if you need it.

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 921

The dangers of distracted driving.

Distracted Driving2.jpg
    2497 x 1241 - 414K

Thanks for posting nabob, very cool. I love the extra lighting from the fire.
    Reminds me of a B-movie I´ve seen ages ago which had a similar scene.

I see you removed that unbroken line as well. laugh
    I´ll send you a pm with the main road texture without that line, just in case you have use for it sometimes.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,158
    edited March 2022

I bought the road to no where today plus the hdri add-on

The iray scene loads great but the Hdri do not load no matter what I have tried ,   is this product daz 4.2 only ? Because i am still using 4.12 & 4.16 .   I know that the description its for .420.  but i have some of your other new sets that load the hdri no problem   thats why I ask if this product only for daz 4.2? Though 3dl does load and render okay so any idea's

3dl renders just fine .

Capture.JPG
    3055 x 973 - 407K
    2.jpg
    3029 x 901 - 456K
    3dl.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 306K
    Post edited by Ivy on

Hi Ivy!

Sorry to read there is an issue. I was about to hit the sack, so just some quick thoughts on it.

At least on my end, I finished (and saved) the set before installing 4.2..
    Tbh. I don´t think there should be an issue with version numbers anyway.

The scene is supposed to load the default HDRI, but did you also try to load the separate HDRIs, just to see if they work?
    Does Help/Troubleshooting/Log File say anything?
    Your viewport is in texture shading mode, so it can´t show the HDRI there anyway, but it´s clear it did´t load from the render settings. :/
    Do other product´s HDRIs load for you right now, like Frozen Lake?

More questions than answers, sorry! ;)
    Btw, love your Daz Studio color scheme ;)

Got to sleep right now, will check back here tomorrow.

edited March 2022

Yes I had tried all the hdri none of them loaded &  I thought I was going to have to return the set . . Truly its a bummer this was set up for 4.20 only and not other copies of daz as well .  it limits the usage for people stuck with older gpu drivers. that can't use daz 4.20. all the tonemapper and enivoment settings in the scene tab prevents the hdris from loading in the older version of daz  like  4.12

Its not your fault.  But because of my system is old & graphic card being 2- gtx1080ti's,  I'm rather stuck with the older drivers so I can use the copy of daz I have most efficiently.  Until I can afford a new system and gpu'  I am rather stuck with daz 4.12- 4.16.    I can not use 4.20 with my system its just not stable enough givng me a lot of problems, I guess my hardware is not up to snuff for daz 4.2 .  so I am becoming really limited on these new daz products that I can buy.  I was pretty disappointed actually.to see all those tone mapper settings and environment option in the scene tab.  thats why the hdri didnt load in my copy of daz

But I was able to extract all the Hdri out of the "end of the road" texture folder i relocated them to a new folder & named it end of the road hdri, so i can find them easily,  and then I manually put them into the iray environment map setting and re saved it for my copy of daz 4.12 & got rid of all those daz 4.20 tone mapper & environment option setting & saved it for daz 4.12 , so I won't have to request a refund after all.

But still its something to think on,  I would guess a lot of people like me are still using older copies of daz for the same reason I am for the lack of good hardware

Iray render.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    3.jpg
    3054 x 982 - 479K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited March 2022

I tested all my other sets I have in 4.12  and they work fine but they were all pre daz 4.14   , so the road to no where must be a 4.2 only product

but like i said i fixed it so i can use it for my copy of daz , I'll be more caution about light and environment sets in the future. it appears 4.2 have some of the render settings in the scene tab. i think that where it breaks the compatibility with daz 4.12 and 4.10  anyway just guess.

forzon lake.JPG
    3083 x 980 - 393K
    sandstorm.JPG
    3091 x 963 - 348K
    winter II.JPG
    3023 x 993 - 317K
    Post edited by Ivy on

Flipmode said:

Stezza, is this a theoretical issue for you or a practical one with the set?
    I can send you the texture with the unbroken line removed if you need it.

TBH it did stop me from getting it, and I was also puzzled by it yes

but if it's no probs getting an edited map then I'll go drop it into the cart wink

edited March 2022

Rendered with the night hdri a few tweeks, nice render

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited March 2022

Oh and the hdri's work great just by themsselves.  I just have to load them manually

horse with no name.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 2M
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited March 2022

in  Carrara smiley

Road Trip.png
    800 x 600 - 1M
    Post edited by Stezza on

I am grateful for having customers who have the patience and skills to help themselves if necessary. smiley

@Stezza
    Doh, cool, never thought I´d see that in Carrara. ;)
    You obviously helped yourself about the unbroken line, but I sent you a pm with the link to the texture anyway.

Image with that texture in Road01 and 02 Diffuse (kept the original one in Road03) >

wc

@Ivy

I am impressed you managed to figure this out. And you seem to even have set the Dome Rotation to 45 for the truck render! laugh
    Great images, I am surprised how well the horse image works without the road (been so stressed out finishing those sets, I never got to try it myself).

I think Exoplanet VI was my first set where the render settings had been added to the scene tab.
    I didn´t know or expect that this ivolves an issue with backwards comapibility with older Daz Studio versions. sad

The feature itself was much needed though, I always thought it was silly to not be able to load the HDRIs together with the scene.
    Now it is a one-click thing same as the 3Delight versions. Already so used to it, I forgot it used to be different.
    Pitty 4.2 doesn´t run well on your system, I hope you can update sometimes.
    My system isn´t super up-to-date either, guess I am lucky everything still works.

edited March 2022

Unfortunately I am still using GTX graphic cards they work great and i have a lot of ram with them So there no sense getting an new gpu's until i can buy a new render rig system  which i am looking at around $8000 to match what I have now in ram

So all the new GPU update drivers that are needed for daz 4.20 seem to really screw with my render rig which is a old w7 64system making daz4.20 unstable as hell and crashing constantly ,  I been trying to work out the bugs with the 4.20 beta versions and everything keeps pointing back to my old system as the issue because of the my gtx cards and needing the updated gpu drivers to use daz4.20 seems to be a conflict with my system.. so I may be at the point that buying any new daz products for a while will have to be put on hold.

My usable public build is daz studio 4.12 and I use a copy of 4.16 for new animation tool plugins i have bought. but not for rendering, I can use 4.20 in my win11 laptop but that just has a integrated gpu and not worth rendering daz on. I needed the laptop for doing online business. my win7 is off line .

luckily I have a habit of loading content manually into my daz content drives and so locating your hdri maps was easy and I just created a new directory so they would work in my version of daz.

I did have to make a few minor adjustments like dome rotation to get the right angle and make a few changes to the tone map settings. I love your hdri products they work so good in my animated projects. that is properly why i have so many of them :)

I don't expect daz to keep things backwards compatible for older systems. & I was hoping to buy a new system this spring but with the cost of everything beng out of sight and the fact a new rtx graphic card won't fit in my w7 render rig mother board So I' kind of stuck with what I have for now.  I guess that's  just life.smiley

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited March 2022

Anyway the Hdri's are nice and look good in renders

the ghost of the plains.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 307K
    Post edited by Ivy on

when driving down the road to nowhere. and end up in the desert, Watch out for those pesky sandstorms they sneak up on you fast. laugh

You are having quite the run rendering today Ivy, lots of cool stuff, I appreciate you take the time to post them in here.

PC updates ...meh, such a frustrating topic. ;)

edited March 2022

In Carrara using my background photo wink

Road Works.png
    800 x 480 - 603K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Wow, you left no stone unturned and made this into your own thing. Looks kinda australian now. ;)