Easy Environments: ExoPlanet VIII (Daz Studio) [Commercial]

Comments

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,397
    edited April 2019
    Flipmode said:

lmao.. i love clear and explicative answers! very detailed, guys  laugh cheeky

EDIT: well i wishlisted a bunch of'm... now, one precise question about the newer ones with HDRI - how heavy are the HDRI? like, i love those made by Orestes, i bought Harvest Moon... but i can't really use it, the HDR are so huge they crash or lag my system big time. i even tried a converter somewhere but then the quality was awful, pixelated and the colors to cry. so if those from the EE are also that big, i'll have the same issue..

Hi manekiNeko!
    Glad to see the series caught your interest. :)

The Easy Environments HDRIs (.exr) are in the 40 to 60 MB range.
    The non-HDRI 3Delight versions (.jpg) vary wildly from set to set, from about 20 to 50 MB.

Differences to Terradome 3 ... I`d say quite a lot, from handling to purpose.
    -Terradome has a relatively big geometry plane, with morphs and shaders. Hills/mountains are to be dialed in on that plane, and usually surround your character. The HDRI skies cover the upper half of your scene.
    -Easy Environments usually cover a comparatively small, fixed area with geometry. I think "less flexible, more focussed" would be fair to say here. The HDRIs always cover the whole scene, sky in the upper half, landscape in the lower half.

In general Terradome 3 renders are likely to display more geometry, Easy Environment renders are likely to display more of the HDRI/Skysphere.
    Terragen 3 tends to put your figures in a valley, Easy Environments tend to put your figures in a high position overlooking a wide landscape (the HDRI).

I hope I managed to keep this informal, but of course I am biased on the topic.

hey a word from the creator is always welcome! ^^ and not biased since what you wrote was informative and to the point. i think i see it now. and my primary idea with terradome 3 was to render my own background pics instead of buying them from others - and i suck with terragen, so.. but yeah, the geometry is enormous and using it as a scene with figures wasn't so easy. so your series might fit in better for this. i love the tree of life a lot btw, as well as the hell and the road to hell ^^. also a few others.
    another thing: i tried to use a few of terradome 3's hdr in other scenes, and there's always a problem with the sky not going "down to the horizon" i.e. showing terrain, since as you said the concept is more about mountains/valleys (that would hide this). i guess it's not the case with EE so i can use the hdrs for anything...
    as to the size of the hdri, Oreste's (in harvest moon) are wayyyy bigger, like 200MB. and when i use the outdoor for iray hdr which are around 100mb, no problem - so yours will be ok ^^

Post edited by manekiNeko on
  • FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 882
    edited April 2019

Yes, the Easy Environments HDRIs don`t stop at the horizon, they include landscape in the bottom half. A bit like most photo-based HDRIs, but from a higher camera position.
    In other terms, you are free to simply not use the geometry from the sets, and still have your scene fully covered.

I have a few sets which are HDRI only, no geometry. The HDRIs from Easy Environments are done the same way, so those sets could give you a good impression of how they are done..
    E.g.:
    https://www.daz3d.com/high-peaks-skydome-and-hdri

Since you mentioned it, "Road to Hell" predates Iray, so it`s a 3Delight only set.
    HDRI/Iray support started with "Snowy Mountains".

Post edited by Flipmode on
    Flipmode said:

Yes, the Easy Environments HDRIs don`t stop at the horizon, they include landscape in the bottom half. A bit like most photo-based HDRIs, but from a higher camera position.
    In other terms, you are free to simply not use the geometry from the sets, and still have your scene fully covered.

I have a few sets which are HDRI only, no geometry. The HDRIs from Easy Environments are done the same way, so those sets could give you a good impression of how they are done..
    E.g.:
    https://www.daz3d.com/high-peaks-skydome-and-hdri

Since you mentioned it, "Road to Hell" predates Iray, so it`s a 3Delight only set.
    HDRI/Iray support started with "Snowy Mountains".

noted! thanks ^^

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,785

If you'd like to see samples of them other than the promos, check out almost any outdoor scene in my cover art gallery, or my sff gallery I'd show them here, but I've shown them before and don't want to seem like a thread-hog. If you have any questions as to what I used for which scene, feel free to ask :)

If you'd like to see samples of them other than the promos, check out almost any outdoor scene in my cover art gallery, or my sff gallery I'd show them here, but I've shown them before and don't want to seem like a thread-hog. If you have any questions as to what I used for which scene, feel free to ask :)

nice gallery ^^ - since i'm not familiar with those sets i only recognized instantly the eternal sands, and i think one of the winter scenes. the text makes it hard too. but anyways, i don't have any particular idea or project in mind involving a specific landscape, i just like to have some basic elements at hand for when the muse hits me, lol. so from the promos i already wishlisted the items i liked, it's enough, and i'll pick them starting from the ones i find most exclusive/special, or likely to fit in themes that are recurrent in my imagination, or with figures i own. but thx for offering ^^

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,785

Thanks :) I forgot to warn you I tend to alter elements so all my covers don't look alike since I use the same sets over and over. Another reason I like EE so much ... especially the early days with the skyboxes ... easy to modify.

I think you redesigned your website since I last saw it Willow. Or maybe it`s just that it filled up with content, anyway I dig the nice clean look!
    -

Exoplanet V is now set to release at the very end of the week, time for a few more previews. :)

wc

wc

wc

wc

Hey guys, just the usual "set is now available" post. I hope you`ll have fun with it. ;)

wc

The storepage added quite some compression to the previews, if you want to check all images with less compression, you can have a look at the gallery on my site >
    http://flipmode3d.com/easy-environments-exoplanet-v/

edited June 2019

Hi guys!

Two new sets are up for release this weekend, so it`s time for previews again. :)

Grim Dawn is a Skysphere/HDRI set, and pretty much what the name suggests. Mist in the landscape, dark clouds on the horizon.
    New record holder in terms of time it took me to render it, 360 hours. No clue why. ;) I fully expected a power outage at 359 hours.

Tower of Hope is a medieval / fantasy watchtower. I wanted it to work not only for distance renders but also close range, so every brick is modeled.
    Probably not the most soft approach. ;)

I hope you like the previews, at least those of you who haven`t molten away in the summer heat yet. :)

Tower of Hope:

wc

wc

wc

Grim Dawn:

wc

wc

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,259

Those look great. Will be watching for them.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,335
    edited June 2019

Tower of hope should fit in with my fantasy multiverse very well.  I will await further developments with interest.

Cheers,

Alex.

Post edited by alexhcowley on
    edited June 2019

Thanks JOdel and alex, glad you`re interested. (+ sorry for my slow reply, busy days)
    -
    Afaik the sets should release tomorrow, here`s the title images. I just uploaded all promos to my website (sig).

wc

wc

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,335
    edited June 2019

A quick test render using Andrej Pestryakov's Medieval Lands as a backdrop. The effort put into the stonework really shows, it looks absolutely amazing.

Cheers,

Alex.

Tower of Hope Test.jpg
    3000 x 1875 - 1M
    Post edited by alexhcowley on

Thanks Alex, glad you like the stonework ... work it was. ;)

The mix with Medieval Lands looks very promising, if you keep going with it I`d be happy to see more.

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    Flipmode said:

Tower of Hope is a medieval / fantasy watchtower. I wanted it to work not only for distance renders but also close range, so every brick is modeled.

This explains the "wow" factor! I'm normally the sort of customer nobody likes because I am always squinting at promos this way and that way, lurking in the galleries and generally ending up putting stuff in wishlist to wait out a deeper discount as a result... not this time :) Amazing design!

Sorry, no renders yet, but hopefully this weekend :)

Thanks for your kind feedback Mustakettu. I do like you. ;)
    -

Since Daz moved my tips+info for Towers of Hope to a notes-page I for one can`t find it anywhere, I`ll at least drop the link here:
    http://flipmode3d.com/fm-tower-of-hope-tips/
    It`s just some info about the Poser/3Delight lights, and on why there are two preloads.

Grim Dawn promos with less compression issues than on the store can be found here:
    http://flipmode3d.com/grim-dawn-skysphere-hdri/

Flipmode said:

Since Daz moved my tips+info for Towers of Hope to a notes-page I for one can`t find it anywhere, I`ll at least drop the link here:
    http://flipmode3d.com/fm-tower-of-hope-tips/

Oh, I was just wondering what happened to the tips =) Thanks for the link!

Here's finally a render! I use all custom 3Delight shaders so it took me some time to develop the materials... loved how all the surfaces are organised logically, and the scene is grouped so nicely. Thanks a lot!!

A sunny shot! So, no torches (I'm still tinkering with the flames as emitters). Need to tune down the specular on the ground plants =)

// should open a full-size image if you click it... //

Thanks for posting, glad you seem to have fun tinkering with the set!
    Looks pretty cool, I especially like what you did with the floor stones.

Imo it looks surprisingly Iray-ish, if you turn the flames into emitters I doubt I could tell the difference between 3Delight and Iray version. ;)

Flipmode said:

Thanks for posting, glad you seem to have fun tinkering with the set!
    Looks pretty cool, I especially like what you did with the floor stones.

Imo it looks surprisingly Iray-ish, if you turn the flames into emitters I doubt I could tell the difference between 3Delight and Iray version. ;)

Thanks so much :)

I guess most pathtracers look similar :) and I'm using the pathtracer module of 3Delight (this is why all the shaders are custom). I am cheating a little with the torches - by using not the flame surfaces with opacity as emitters, but geoshells without opacity (invisible to camera). Without opacity, emitters are easier to sample for the renderer, so it's faster. 

BTW if you would like to play with the pathtracer, wowie has a free version of his shader here on the forums, packaged with my lights and renderscripts.

It's a general-purpose shader with lots of optimisations and so on. Renders really fast, especially in complex scenarios; but I think you know what it's like, when you're using your own stuff that you know by heart vs a friend's work that is a product of his mind and his ideas of what's convenient :)) So for materials I do not plan to redistribute, I use 100% my stuff.

To be honest, I didn`t even know there is raytracing for 3Delight. I did use the uber shaders back in the day though, I saw that mentioned on the link you gave.
    Going by your image it looks really good.
    That said, I feel my head is already filled to the rim memorizing how the default stuff for 3Delight/Iray/Poser works. ;)

Flipmode said:

To be honest, I didn`t even know there is raytracing for 3Delight. I did use the uber shaders back in the day though, I saw that mentioned on the link you gave.
    Going by your image it looks really good.
    That said, I feel my head is already filled to the rim memorizing how the default stuff for 3Delight/Iray/Poser works. ;)

I see :) I have Poser, too, but its UI keeps scaring me away :(

edited September 2019

Hi guys!

Time for a new Easy Environment ;)  It`s back to the desert, with a sandstorm rolling in on the horizon.
    Hope you`ll like it!

Note: This is Daz Studio (Iray and 3Delight) only.
    Poser presented odd issues I didn`t manage to fix, so ultimately it was a mutual decision with Daz not to release that version.
    (Thanks Jack for all the help with testing)

wc

wc

wc

wc

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,159

That sand storm looks awesome. I love all your world domes though so i am kind of partial  because work so great in animations , I look forward to using this set as well :)

• Thanks Ivy, glad you like it!
    You could animate the palm trees if you want. Can`t say I`ve tried it, but moving a few % on the morph slider could work to give a windy feeling. ;)

• In a word.... SQUEEE!!!!!

I so very need this!  It looks amazing, as always - thank you for continuing to be brilliant :-)

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,159
    Flipmode said:

Thanks Ivy, glad you like it!
    You could animate the palm trees if you want. Can`t say I`ve tried it, but moving a few % on the morph slider could work to give a windy feeling. ;)

if you included a morph dial I am sure i can come up with something to make it animate :)

This dragon animation i used your high peaks and rolling hills world domes , they looked amazing in this animation

• Thanks Missel, glad you like it. I am grateful to have customers who allow me to continue doing those sets :)

Great anim Ivy, made me smile. Perfect use for those spheres. The scene with the physical trees at the castle must have taken a while to render.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,259

Will be watching for this.

• Flipmode said:

Hi guys!

Time for a new Easy Environment ;)  It`s back to the desert, with a sandstorm rolling in on the horizon.
    Hope you`ll like it!

Note: This is Daz Studio (Iray and 3Delight) only.
    Poser presented odd issues I didn`t manage to fix, so ultimately it was a mutual decision with Daz not to release that version.
    (Thanks Jack for all the help with testing)

wc

The tree morps alone make this an instant buy. I'd buy a mess of stuff with movement morphs.

• Thanks JOdel and Willow, glad you`re interested. :)
    So, morphs is how I can lure you in these days Willow, good to know!
    (Got footprint morphs on offer too, see 2nd image) ;)

wc

wc