Easy Environments: ExoPlanet VIII (Daz Studio) [Commercial]

Comments

• I grew up in an area of North Central Montana that looks remarkably like this in the Winter (as well as the late Fall and early Spring:)    It will be an instant buy for me.

• FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 882

Lol, good point. Tbh. I just lack a 3Delight logo (not sure if there is one), so I use the Daz Studio logo for 3Delight renders and the "official" Iray logo for Iray renders.

edited December 2018

Just sending out the usual "set released" info :)
    Hope you`ll have fun with the set, may it serve you well for your december renders. :)

Link: Winter II info page

Link: Winter II Daz store

Main Image (Iray render)

wc

Post edited by Flipmode on
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,773

So the footprints are the 'tracks', and the sled tracks are marked, sled, right? I'll buy any snow with tracks, lol.

• Really great.. just bought it and will play this weekend.  

Is there anyway to scale up the tracks?  I have a story with an ice ceature that calls for very large footprints..  

edited December 2018

Willow! I think I haven`t seen you on an Easy Environments thread since the skybox days lol.

Yes, "Tracks" are the footprints. 01 is the main line, 02 runs next to it (for characters walking side by side), 03 runs towards 01 (for characters meeting).
    The "Stops" are two parallel prints at the end of each track. On the vertical image above your post the girl stands in a "stop" morph.
    "SledSmall" is for wintersport/toy sleds, "SledBig" is for something like a Santa Claus sled (it ends a bit behind track01).
    "Spacing" allows small adjustments to the distance between sled-lines to fit them to various models (small adjustments because I was limited by the footprints).

escrandall, sorry, there is no direct way to scale the tracks.
    But ... maybe simply scaling up the whole groundplane would work (and adjusting uv-tiles for the snow01 surface accordingly).
    If your creature is four-legged I don`t think it will look perfect though.

-

wc

Flipmode said:

Willow! I think I haven`t seen you on an Easy Environments thread since the skybox days lol.

Lol ... I still lurk and see what you put out. Of course, I stil use the skyboxes for almost all of my renders, and so far, nothing beats your light sets. Those are my first go-to-items for any scene, especially an outdoors scene. If you'd like, I can show some of them if you think it may revitalize some of your older products? I've also found a work-around for your refusal to cater to one person's needs, lol. I can share how I do that, too, if you like.

Flipmode said:

Yes, "Tracks" are the footprints. 01 is the main line, 02 runs next to it (for characters walking side by side), 03 runs towards 01 (for characters meeting).
    The "Stops" are two parallel prints at the end of each track. On the vertical image above your post the girl stands in a "stop" morph.
    "SledSmall" is for wintersport/toy sleds, "SledBig" is for something like a Santa Claus sled (it ends a bit behind track01).
    "Spacing" allows small adjustments to the distance between sled-lines to fit them to various models (small adjustments because I was limited by the footprints).

As a few others have noted lately, I'm still using the ancient 4.7 software, so the image is kinda weird for me. Will it work in 4.7?

Flipmode said:

wc

edited December 2018

Lol ... I still lurk and see what you put out. Of course, I stil use the skyboxes for almost all of my renders, and so far, nothing beats your light sets. Those are my first go-to-items for any scene, especially an outdoors scene. If you'd like, I can show some of them if you think it may revitalize some of your older products? I've also found a work-around for your refusal to cater to one person's needs, lol. I can share how I do that, too, if you like.

Flipmode said:

As a few others have noted lately, I'm still using the ancient 4.7 software, so the image is kinda weird for me. Will it work in 4.7?

I can`t test it with 4.7, but I am pretty sure it will work fine. The image looking weird to you is most likely just because I don`t use the default Daz Studio theme/layout.
    -
    I have no clue how many users still use 3Delight or Poser, so I am not sure how relevant the old Easy Environments are today. But I for one am always happy to see renders of any set, old or new. :)

So you work-around me? Pft! ;)  I am not sure what you are refering to, I am almost scared you convert skyspheres into skyboxes lol.
    Whatever it is, post away if you think it could be useful to anyone. :)
    (if you are refering to converting to Iray, that would be in my signature already)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255

I use 3DL pretty much exclusively, and I'm as likely or not to use the Poser version of the sets. Mainly because I *know* that those aren't Iray.

I also use your lights pretty much everywhere. Even for work lights when I already know I'm going to be replacing lights with linear spots at all the light sources in interiors. I can see what I'm doing with your light sets.

Thanks for the feedback JOdel.
    Trying to get the best I can out of three versions is a bit of work, so it`s good to know it`s not in vain. It seems many products release as Iray-only versions, so I am never sure if there is still demand for the other ones. Plus I really like 3Delight myself. ;)

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,064

I’m really glad you’re still including the 3DL version too.

Leana said:

I’m really glad you’re still including the 3DL version too.

Thanks, glad to read it`s being used :)

A lot of people still use 3dl ... especially the npr people. There is a wonderful thread full of non-iray renderers. Iray-only vendors just mean I spend more money on other vendors until someone comes up with an EASY conversion tool. Vendors like you :)

As you know, any product that makes me look like I know what I'm doing in one or two clicks I'm spending my money on.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I was so happy to be able to pick this one up and while I was at it, picked up two more that were on my wishlist lol.  Even though I rarely render with a background, I think I will be using these quite a bit.  Might make myself some premade background images and what I tend to do a bit more frequently nowadays, do a render with and one without and composite.  I also still use the 3Delight ones frequently, I just take out the sky dome. Which works perfectly for me since I do most of that in photoshop anyway. Although its easy enough to put in an Iray background

edited December 2018

IDA does what I sort of do now (my workaround). When I can't find enough skyboxes to suit my scene, I do have a few domes I like enough to use, but I only use them to create the backdrop. I basically find the spot I want, turn on the lights I want, render just that, then I have a 2d surface I can easily add or tweak in Photoshop (which is why I love your boxes ... flat surfaces are easier to add elements without distortion). I then pull in the 2d background as the environment backdrop.

I chose a light set, usually one on the FMEE sets (in this case, I used the light from Road To Hell ... the best lights set I've used for night time scenes where I want the reader to know it's dark, but to also still be able to see the setting and details. I very rarely use any lights other than yours. Beyond looking great, they are super-easy to use ... my kind of light set. I do not have time to spend hours messing with lights.

I know the only thing here is your Road To Hell lights ... but who needs iray when I can get this look using 4.7 3dl? I've bought a couple environment sets of your just to get the lights. I hate working with lights, and you make it so I just have to click, group, and position.

Post edited by WillowRaven on

Thanks for the purchase Ice, I can`t help but notice a Winter set fits your name. ;)
    Imo Composite sounds like a more suitable way for Easy Environments vs working with completely isolated backgrounds.
    Well, depends on the task at hand of course, I am just thinking in most cases it`s an advantage to keep the light/background combi to be sure everything fits together nicely.

Glad you like the Road to Hell lighting Willow! I find it tricky to balance -as you said- atmospheric darkness and visibility, happy it works for your renders there.
    Btw ... my recent sets have the 3delight lighting parented to the skysphere. The idea is that you can rotate the sphere without having to worry about breaking the lighting. But if you want the lighting without the sphere you`d have to unparent it.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255

I've had very good results using the Autumn light set for night scenes, with a bit of color tweaking on the lights themselves. 

Ship.jpg
    504 x 818 - 141K
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 2018

Both of the 'Clouds' products are hugely useful for aerospace renders. Recently used the second set to create this (also used Polish's 'Ghost X', but with three different modified renders combined into one layer, to get the navigation lights and thruster looking like they should):

https://www.deviantart.com/sentinalysis/art/F-35-Sunlit-Horizon-775500604

Also posted several filtered variations, which demonstrate how well the set lends itself to similar effects:

https://www.deviantart.com/sentinalysis/art/F-35-Sunlit-Horizon-Dry-Brush-775502576
    https://www.deviantart.com/sentinalysis/art/F-35-Sunlit-Horizon-Paint-Daubs-775502879
    https://www.deviantart.com/sentinalysis/art/F-35-Sunlit-Horizon-Painting-775503259
    https://www.deviantart.com/sentinalysis/art/F-35-Sunlit-Horizon-Comic-775503576

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
    Flipmode said:

Glad you like the Road to Hell lighting Willow! I find it tricky to balance -as you said- atmospheric darkness and visibility, happy it works for your renders there.
    Btw ... my recent sets have the 3delight lighting parented to the skysphere. The idea is that you can rotate the sphere without having to worry about breaking the lighting. But if you want the lighting without the sphere you`d have to unparent it.

Which ones are the 'recent ones' so I can make a note to unparent those? Does that mean they load with the dome or the dome has to be selected before adding the lights? I've always had great results with all of your light. Some even work well for indoor scenes.

Xenemorphine ... Those were all awesome, but if I had to pick one it would be the 'painted' one.

I never thought to try the autumn lights for night scenes. Thanks, IOdel. I'll give that a try, too. This next render uses both the skybox and lights for Autumn (I played with the color a little because the planet has a red sun) ...

Thanks for posting your images JOdel, Xeno, Willow. Always lovely to see the sets used for cool renders.

Which ones are the 'recent ones' so I can make a note to unparent those? Does that mean they load with the dome or the dome has to be selected before adding the lights? I've always had great results with all of your light. Some even work well for indoor scenes.

It means the lighting loads with the skysphere (or the full scene). You can think of the sphere as a group or null for the lights. You could also just hide the sphere if you are only interested in the lights.
    The benefit is that you can rotate sky+light together, to keep the sun-light in line with the sun in the skysphere.
    The thumbnails should be tagged accordingly as "sky+lighting".

I think I am doing it like that since Tree of Life. So that would be >
    19) Easy Environments: Tree of Life / First Light (SkySphere/HDRI)
    20) Green Hills, High Peaks, Eternal White (SkySphere/HDRI)
    21) Easy Environments: Witchcraft: Sacrifice & Eclipse (SkySphere/HDRI)
    22) Easy Environments: ExoPlanet I-III (SkySphere/HDRI)
    23) Easy Environments: ExoPlanet IV / Sunset / FM Chasm (SkySphere/HDRI)
    24) Easy Environments: Clouds (SkySphere/HDRI)
    25) Easy Environments: Autumn Hills (SkySphere/HDRI)
    26) Easy Environments: Winter II (SkySphere/HDRI)

edited December 2018

I always grouped then parented the lights anyway. Having them separates makes it easy to use your lights for almost everything, but as I said, I'll make sure to note this.

Of course, I use the environments, too; not just the skyboxes and lights. I may have shown this one a while back, but it's a good example of how moody your Autumn set can be ...

Post edited by WillowRaven on
    edited December 2018

No, I don`t recall seeing this before, great dark mood!

It reminded me of a cocorosie video (around 3.30, in case the timestamp doesnt link) >

(hey, and the lyrics even fit your forum name ;)

edited December 2018

Yes my dragon has an affinity for winter although I personally much prefer the warmer months lol.

This uses the Hell skydome blended in with, well, a bunch of stuff lol.  But the lighting was perfect for what I needed for this and the lava fields as well. I actually rendered this three times with two different backgrounds.  Then did a bunch of stuff in photoshop (this one is actually in my tutorial if anyone picked that up)  But the lighting from the Hell environment was perfect and the lava fields really fit with this perfectly.

DOOM RIDER.jpg
    1300 x 1040 - 1M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on

You guys take no prisoners today!
    The way I see it, my job kinda excludes postwork, I want my renders to reflect the product as it is. Thus it`s particularly nice to see those images showing what can be done with it.

And man, doing another set with lava has been sitting on my todo-list for quite a while now. ;)

Lava is good! And yes, I appreciate renders that show me exactly what I'm getting.  This allows plenty of room for my own imagination lol!

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,321

I'm having trouble rendering this with anything but the included lights, even then it doesn't look as good as the promos show it. Its looking very bright and very flat. I noticed that there's a map in the displacement slot but displacemnt is 0 and other displacement settings are at default, (this is iray). 

edited December 2018

Hi scorpio!

I am confused, if you are using the iray version, there should not be any lights in the scene. The only things to load are "FMEE WinterII Scene Iray HQT" and "FMEE WinterII Sky Iray".
    (The HQT scene loads trees with subdivision-displacement, which looks better than the non-HQT version but takes some time to pre-calculate, thus slowing down the viewport if you use iray photoreal preview there.)
    The scene is lit by the sky HDRI, you don`t need any other lights.

Also be sure to have camera headlamps off.

Hi guys!
    Just a quick preview for a new set releasing in a few days.
    It`s a standalone-addon for Winter II, offering night & dawn skyspheres/HDRIs.
    Owning the Winter II main set is not required, but of course I made this to work well with it.

I hope you like it, despite the real dragging winter outside. ;)

wc

wc

wc

wc

wc

• Those are gorgeous renders!  Made me drop both products into my wishlist - I'm a straight 3DL user, too, so I appreciate you efforts to deliver to more than iray :-)

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,064
    edited February 2019

Looking great! 

And I also really appreciate the 3DL support :)

Post edited by Leana on