[Released] RSSY Character And Material Conversion Bundle Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]

Comments

• Roobarb said:

I'm really not having much luck with conversions. I've tried through some batch conversions as wel as in scene from a G8 to G9 and the result vary from slightly deformed to wildly mangled. I'm not sure where I'm going wrong but I'm definitely not getting the results I see others getting. Screenshot attached from Agma 8 to Gen 9 (added some clothing for modesty).
    I've tried answering the pop up question for zeroing as both Restore and Zero in case I'd picked the wrong option but this is generally what I'm getting.

Any ideas on what's happening here?

From the manual:

The Converted Character’s Body is wrinkled. Because of the way that morphs must be converted, a morph that on Genesis 8 appears to only touch a small part of the head can affect the whole body on Genesis 9. You need to show Currently Used parameters to show all morphs on the converted character. Then, one by one, dial in the morphs to find the offending morph(s). Once you find them, delete the morphs from your HDD (click the Gear icon, Parameter Settings, and look at File Path for the asset to figure out where the morph is and what it is called). You should also resave the character with the offending morph(s) dialed out (set to 0)

• alienarea said:

Roobarb said:

I'm really not having much luck with conversions. I've tried through some batch conversions as wel as in scene from a G8 to G9 and the result vary from slightly deformed to wildly mangled. I'm not sure where I'm going wrong but I'm definitely not getting the results I see others getting. Screenshot attached from Agma 8 to Gen 9 (added some clothing for modesty).
    I've tried answering the pop up question for zeroing as both Restore and Zero in case I'd picked the wrong option but this is generally what I'm getting.

Any ideas on what's happening here?

It's a hit and miss for me as well. Daz core characters like Charlotte 8 and Victoria 8 transfer well, characters from other sites fail miserably.

Not sure if it's true, but I found this:

- characters installed through DIM seem to work better than those installed through DAZ connect

I definitely agree that DIM installed characters are better.  Metadata seems better, etc.  (You can force convert to get around bad metadata)

- dial out HD morphs

Yes.  These cannot be converted anyway and just mess stuff up.

- 8.1 characters seem easier than 8 characters

I would not expect this to be true (and hasn't been in my experience)

• RiverSoftArt said:

alienarea said:

- 8.1 characters see easier than 8 characters

All of my 8.1 converted easily, even with other characters dialed-in and saved as new character preset.

I have a lot of issues with early G8 Females, especially those that are for both G3 and G8 or are official upgrades like Victoria 7 for Victoria 8.

• This might be a stupid question but if I sculpt my own character over G8/8.1 and decide to sell it, can I use this to also convert for sale as G9?

• alienarea said:

RiverSoftArt said:

alienarea said:

- 8.1 characters see easier than 8 characters

All of my 8.1 converted easily, even with other characters dialed-in and saved as new character preset.

I have a lot of issues with early G8 Females, especially those that are for both G3 and G8 or are official upgrades like Victoria 7 for Victoria 8.

Huh.  Good to know. smiley

• G3Renderworks said:

This might be a stupid question but if I sculpt my own character over G8/8.1 and decide to sell it, can I use this to also convert for sale as G9?

If they are your morphs, the converted morphs will still be your morphs to do with as you please.

• QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 903
    edited December 2023

So... I'm going to shuffle in and ask a dumb question. I did read through the whole thread, but am obviously being dense and not seeing where user error is kicking in in my situation.

Bought the character converter bundle and it looks awesome. This is the first chance in the months since the purchase that I've had time to sit and play with it. Since my results are so poor, I'm convinced that it's down to my own misunderstanding of something.

I begin with an empty scene.

1. Double-click on Character Converter - G8F to G9 script and the window opens.

2. Set output directory. In my case, because I want to keep the converted characters separate from the others, I've got it set as: E/:My Daz 3D Library/People/Genesis 9/Converted Characters.

3. Add Directory. In my case, I've got my Daz Originals installed to its own library: E/:My Daz 3D Daz Originals Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters.

4. Select a single character, Babina 8.

5. Click Execute. The script begins to do its thing. Babina is loaded, then Genesis 9. As things work, a pop-up comes up asking if I want to zero the figure shape or restore it. I pick Restore.

6. A few seconds later, the script says it's finished. Everything seems to have worked smoothly.

However, nothing seems to have been saved. The character dials do appear on the G9 figure in the scene, though the values are not set as expected. If I delete the G9, those dials disappear so they haven been saved as part of the process. If I put in a value of 100% on the head and body and then dial up the G9 Feminine morph, the shape is fairly close to Babina 8's. Do they need to be saved manually? Also, no presets are appearing in the Converted Characters folder, and the materials don't seem to be getting converted either. The log is showing errors relating to the conversion, and it says it can't find the Genesis 8 Female Head property. Is it only looking for that in E/: ? So I'm definitely missing something along the way. Any idea where I've gone wrong?

Screen 01.jpg
    1757 x 1145 - 621K
    Screen 03.jpg
    866 x 1135 - 124K
    Post edited by Quixotry on
  • Quixotry said:

So... I'm going to shuffle in and ask a dumb question. I did read through the whole thread, but am obviously being dense and not seeing where user error is kicking in in my situation.

Bought the character converter bundle and it looks awesome. This is the first chance in the months since the purchase that I've had time to sit and play with it. Since my results are so poor, I'm convinced that it's down to my own misunderstanding of something.

I begin with an empty scene.

1. Double-click on Character Converter - G8F to G9 script and the window opens.

2. Set output directory. In my case, because I want to keep the converted characters separate from the others, I've got it set as: E/:My Daz 3D Library/People/Genesis 9/Converted Characters.

3. Add Directory. In my case, I've got my Daz Originals installed to its own library: E/:My Daz 3D Daz Originals Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters.

4. Select a single character, Babina 8.

5. Click Execute. The script begins to do its thing. Babina is loaded, then Genesis 9. As things work, a pop-up comes up asking if I want to zero the figure shape or restore it. I pick Restore.

6. A few seconds later, the script says it's finished. Everything seems to have worked smoothly.

However, nothing seems to have been saved. The character dials do appear on the G9 figure in the scene, though the values are not set as expected. If I delete the G9, those dials disappear so they haven been saved as part of the process. If I put in a value of 100% on the head and body and then dial up the G9 Feminine morph, the shape is fairly close to Babina 8's. Do they need to be saved manually? Also, no presets are appearing in the Converted Characters folder, and the materials don't seem to be getting converted either. The log is showing errors relating to the conversion, and it says it can't find the Genesis 8 Female Head property. Is it only looking for that in E/: ? So I'm definitely missing something along the way. Any idea where I've gone wrong?

If it cannot even find the Genesis 8 Female Head, there is a serious configuration error keeping the script from working.  What have you set the directories to in Daz Studio Formats? 

That makes sense. It's just the two directories here. Genesis 8 Female Starter Essentials is installed to the Originals Library directory.

Content Directory.jpg
    524 x 461 - 31K
  • Quixotry said:

That makes sense. It's just the two directories here. Genesis 8 Female Starter Essentials is installed to the Originals Library directory.

Your Daz directory should not be your first directory.  If you do, you will possibly overwrite morphs in your Daz directory.  Your "My Directory" (which I guess is your Daz Originals one?) that contains all of your generated content, including from converters, should be first.

• Hello there,

Well I have an issue with the eyes each time I try to convert a character. It is almost ok... (I mean I try to make my char since the app released...), but once done, when I try to move the eyes, they're just going away.
    Screen attached. If someone has a solution...

Capture d'écran 2023-12-19 à 16.02.59.png
    2478 x 694 - 955K
    Capture d'écran 2023-12-19 à 16.03.11.png
    2548 x 723 - 1015K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,903

Just wonder, if method described here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/642546/released-manfriday-s-figure-converter-for-genesis-9-commercial/p5

will help with the eyes problem.

• CrescentCrescent Posts: 319
    edited December 2023

I'm having problems getting the converter to work in DAZ 4.22.0.1.  The figures are crumbly with only bits of the morphs applied.  I still have 4.20.0.2 installed and the converter works fine using that version, using the same directories I used with 4.22.  (I lost my 4.21 zip so I can't reinstall that version to check if things work properly in that version.)  I reinstalled 4.22.0.1 and the converters (female and male) and I'm still getting bad conversions in 4.22.0.1.  I wiped the bad results, went into 4.20.0.2 and got the expected conversion results yet again.  I don't know if there's something weird about my installation or if there's a version issue in general.  If it's just me, no biggie.  I can keep 2 versions of DAZ Studio on my PC.  Attached is what Aiko8->9 looked like in 4.22.0.1 for me.

AikoIn4-22.jpg
    840 x 687 - 56K
    Post edited by Crescent on
  • Tried today for the first time with various degree of errors and disappointment RSSY Character Converter Genesis 8 and 8.1 Female to Genesis 9. Exemples of which I am attaching below to see.

It went as follows

Attempt #1 Created a character preset of G8F figure I have already used in a scene a while ago, it had a lot of dialed up morphs such as body parts sizes and shapes including HD Morphs. Ran a script and got completely distorted shape results illustrated in the first attached image.

Atempt #2 Deleted and Created again a character preset of the same figure, this time unchecked "Save Materials" before saving. This time I used " Convert CUSTOM Character G8F to G9" script seance the character I'm using has dialed up morph values , thought that would be a solution. But again same results as Attempt # 1.

Attempt # 3 Created a character preset of Leisa 8 Alt Leisa #6 without playing with any morph values nothing modified. Ran the same original default script as in Attempt # 1. This time there was no distortion But G9 character did not really convert as illustrated in second attachment where the gray character is converted G9 and textured character is Original Leisa 8 Alt # 6 I put in the scene for your comparison. Obviously it did not convert to the intended shape.

So once again what Im i doing wrong? What am i missing here. Thank you in advance for trying to help.

Character Converter error.PNG
    867 x 862 - 90K
    L8 converted L9.PNG
    1460 x 1028 - 399K
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,376
    edited December 2023

Crescent said:

I'm having problems getting the converter to work in DAZ 4.22.0.1.  The figures are crumbly with only bits of the morphs applied.  I still have 4.20.0.2 installed and the converter works fine using that version, using the same directories I used with 4.22.  (I lost my 4.21 zip so I can't reinstall that version to check if things work properly in that version.)  I reinstalled 4.22.0.1 and the converters (female and male) and I'm still getting bad conversions in 4.22.0.1.  I wiped the bad results, went into 4.20.0.2 and got the expected conversion results yet again.  I don't know if there's something weird about my installation or if there's a version issue in general.  If it's just me, no biggie.  I can keep 2 versions of DAZ Studio on my PC.  Attached is what Aiko8->9 looked like in 4.22.0.1 for me.

From the manual:

The Converted Character’s Body is wrinkled. Because of the way that morphs must be converted, a morph that on Genesis 8 appears to only touch a small part of the head can affect the whole body on Genesis 9. You need to show Currently Used parameters to show all morphs on the converted character. Then, one by one, dial in the morphs to find the offending morph(s). Once you find them, delete the morphs from your HD (click the Gear icon, Parameter Settings, and look at File Path for the asset to figure out where the morph is and what it is called). You should also resave the character with the offending morph(s) dialed out (set to 0)

The other thing you could try is taking the G8 figure, exporting with all morphs to OBJ as just one morph, and then converting that. 

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • Jeremion said:

Hello there,

Well I have an issue with the eyes each time I try to convert a character. It is almost ok... (I mean I try to make my char since the app released...), but once done, when I try to move the eyes, they're just going away.
    Screen attached. If someone has a solution...

Are you using the Eye Placement dialog?  That looks similar to the Figure 4 Eye Placement problems in the manual.  Did you follow those directions for deleting the eye morphs?

• bfarber2011 said:

Tried today for the first time with various degree of errors and disappointment RSSY Character Converter Genesis 8 and 8.1 Female to Genesis 9. Exemples of which I am attaching below to see.

It went as follows

Attempt #1 Created a character preset of G8F figure I have already used in a scene a while ago, it had a lot of dialed up morphs such as body parts sizes and shapes including HD Morphs. Ran a script and got completely distorted shape results illustrated in the first attached image.

Atempt #2 Deleted and Created again a character preset of the same figure, this time unchecked "Save Materials" before saving. This time I used " Convert CUSTOM Character G8F to G9" script seance the character I'm using has dialed up morph values , thought that would be a solution. But again same results as Attempt # 1.

Attempt # 3 Created a character preset of Leisa 8 Alt Leisa #6 without playing with any morph values nothing modified. Ran the same original default script as in Attempt # 1. This time there was no distortion But G9 character did not really convert as illustrated in second attachment where the gray character is converted G9 and textured character is Original Leisa 8 Alt # 6 I put in the scene for your comparison. Obviously it did not convert to the intended shape.

So once again what Im i doing wrong? What am i missing here. Thank you in advance for trying to help.

From the manual:

The Converted Character’s Body is wrinkled. Because of the way that morphs must be converted, a morph that on Genesis 8 appears to only touch a small part of the head can affect the whole body on Genesis 9. You need to show Currently Used parameters to show all morphs on the converted character. Then, one by one, dial in the morphs to find the offending morph(s). Once you find them, delete the morphs from your HD (click the Gear icon, Parameter Settings, and look at File Path for the asset to figure out where the morph is and what it is called). You should also resave the character with the offending morph(s) dialed out (set to 0)

The other thing you could try is taking the G8 figure, exporting with all morphs to OBJ as just one morph, and then converting that. 

• CrescentCrescent Posts: 319

I have 2 copies of DS on my computer right now, 4.22 and 4.20.  I did the exact same steps using DS 4.22 and DS 4.20.  The conversion failed in 4.22 and worked fine in 4.20. The figure was Aiko 8, which you've used as an example in the past. 

• I did check for extra morphs added into the character and didn't see any. 
    • I reinstalled 4.22 as well as redownloaded/reinstalled the figure converter scripts to see if it would help.

It's possible there's something goofy in my 4.22 installation and it's fine for everyone else, but I just wanted to make sure since 4.22 is a pretty recent release. 

• Crescent said:

I have 2 copies of DS on my computer right now, 4.22 and 4.20.  I did the exact same steps using DS 4.22 and DS 4.20.  The conversion failed in 4.22 and worked fine in 4.20. The figure was Aiko 8, which you've used as an example in the past. 

• I reinstalled 4.22 as well as redownloaded/reinstalled the figure converter scripts to see if it would help.

It's possible there's something goofy in my 4.22 installation and it's fine for everyone else, but I just wanted to make sure since 4.22 is a pretty recent release. 

There are now two 4.22 versions:   4.22.01 & 4.22.0.15

• Crescent said:

There is nothing I know of that is different to cause issues.  I still feel like there is a misconfiguration in the directories.

• RiverSoftArt said: Are you using the Eye Placement dialog?  That looks similar to the Figure 4 Eye Placement problems in the manual.  Did you follow those directions for deleting the eye morphs?

Yes, I did everything, and it didn't work. I finally used another tool to convert the character, no eyes issue anymore. Thanks for the help.

• Jeremion said:

RiverSoftArt said: Are you using the Eye Placement dialog?  That looks similar to the Figure 4 Eye Placement problems in the manual.  Did you follow those directions for deleting the eye morphs?

Yes, I did everything, and it didn't work. I finally used another tool to convert the character, no eyes issue anymore. Thanks for the help.

Sorry I couldn't help you.  It is frustrating for me too smiley  One can see and know the problem, but without being able to work directly on a user's system, it is hard to help.

RiverSoftArt said:

Your Daz directory should not be your first directory.  If you do, you will possibly overwrite morphs in your Daz directory.  Your "My Directory" (which I guess is your Daz Originals one?) that contains all of your generated content, including from converters, should be first.

That makes sense. I dug into my file structure and noticed a few other things that were getting muddled up, so ended up pulling my custom things out into a separate folder and uninstalling and reinstalling the program and all my Daz core characters and essentials. From there, everything worked great! Definitely my setup that was causing the error. The first test with the new install ended up with a distorted body and a head morph not matching the intended shape, but that was also an error on my part. When the dialogue asking whether you wish to restore or zero the figure came up, I chose Restore. That gave odd results. When I tried again and chose Zero instead, the conversion came out looking great. The figure Mrs. Chow 8, and while the Genesis 9 version ended up shorter and slightly smaller that the Genesis 8 one, the shape itself looked just right. I fiddled with the proportion sliders on G9 to fix the height difference and then resaved it. Perfect! Thanks very much for the help as I stumbled through it. Now that everything is ironed out on my end, I'm loving the converter. Great work!

• Quixotry said:

RiverSoftArt said:

That makes sense. I dug into my file structure and noticed a few other things that were getting muddled up, so ended up pulling my custom things out into a separate folder and uninstalling and reinstalling the program and all my Daz core characters and essentials. From there, everything worked great! Definitely my setup that was causing the error. The first test with the new install ended up with a distorted body and a head morph not matching the intended shape, but that was also an error on my part. When the dialogue asking whether you wish to restore or zero the figure came up, I chose Restore. That gave odd results. When I tried again and chose Zero instead, the conversion came out looking great. The figure Mrs. Chow 8, and while the Genesis 9 version ended up shorter and slightly smaller that the Genesis 8 one, the shape itself looked just right. I fiddled with the proportion sliders on G9 to fix the height difference and then resaved it. Perfect! Thanks very much for the help as I stumbled through it. Now that everything is ironed out on my end, I'm loving the converter. Great work!

Oh, I am so glad you got it working!  You're welcome.

• I purchased the suite.  I'm trying to convert GC's Horoine Project for G8F morphs (again).  I would like to convert just the body, not the head.  I tried the custom character script however I am not seeing an option to convert just the body.  Will this product do that?  I see another product which has a menu to select seperate head-body conversions.  I don't want to purchase two products or do earch morph manually if I don't have to.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

• 844d1cc615 said:

I purchased the suite.  I'm trying to convert GC's Horoine Project for G8F morphs (again).  I would like to convert just the body, not the head.  I tried the custom character script however I am not seeing an option to convert just the body.  Will this product do that?  I see another product which has a menu to select seperate head-body conversions.  I don't want to purchase two products or do earch morph manually if I don't have to.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Based on the image, it looks like you are trying to get support for ManFriday's product.  Please go to his support thread for help.

If you are trying to get support for Sickleyield and RiverSoft Art's product, personnally I would use the regular converter script, convert the entire character, and then delete the FHM (head) morph that was produced later if you didn't want it.

• "Based on the image, it looks like you are trying to get support for ManFriday's product.  Please go to his support thread for help."

On the contrary.  I am trying not to purchase that product as I already purchased Sickleyield and RiverSoft Art's entire G9 converter suite. 

I do see RSC and non-RSC .dsf files.  You can tell by the dates on the image attached I tried to convert morph 01 recently to see if I could figure out how to convert just the body.  I do not see FHM (head) morphs.  Could this be because I didn't use the regular converter script?  Can I delete an RSC or non-RSC file to get just the body?  I have 1 custom character that was made in part with those morphs.  I should probably delete that character prior to deleting any converted morph files.  I appreciate the customer support.

Screenshot 2023-12-31DS.jpg
    604 x 744 - 238K
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,376

844d1cc615 said:

"Based on the image, it looks like you are trying to get support for ManFriday's product.  Please go to his support thread for help."

On the contrary.  I am trying not to purchase that product as I already purchased Sickleyield and RiverSoft Art's entire G9 converter suite. 

I do see RSC and non-RSC .dsf files.  You can tell by the dates on the image attached I tried to convert morph 01 recently to see if I could figure out how to convert just the body.  I do not see FHM (head) morphs.  Could this be because I didn't use the regular converter script?  Can I delete an RSC or non-RSC file to get just the body?  I have 1 custom character that was made in part with those morphs.  I should probably delete that character prior to deleting any converted morph files.  I appreciate the customer support.

I would delete all those files first and then try the regular script (and then post the log of the conversion here).  Some vendors do a poor job and don't identify head morphs by using FHM in the name.   I don't have this product so I am making guesses here. By posting the log, I can see which morphs that the script were able to detect as the head (if any).  If there is no such morph, the script would convert it as a body or whole figure morph.

• 844d1cc615844d1cc615 Posts: 81

I watched a couple videos.  1st thing I noticed was a Add Preset prompt that appeared when I initiated the regular character script offline (see attached images).  The prompt went away after running the script online.  It re-appeared only once today while I tried to convert DeviousDolls Apryl, DeviousDolls Alyx, Girl 8 offline, each seperately.  One guy live-streamed himself trying to use the product prior to reading the manual.  Took forever.  My entire G8F library only took a second to load.  The deselect all was a nice addition.  I only selected the one I was testing at the time.  When I tried Girl 8 I had a subdirectory named "G8_to_G9."  Re-reading the manual I deleted that & set the output to the default G9 directory.  I had some Girl 8 morphs in the G9 subdirectory I found tucked away after running the script & deleted them as well.  Glad I did a thorough search otherwise those would have just been lurking waiting to cause proplems down the road.  Not sure if they were created because when I tried Girl 8 I had that subdirectory of if it's because it is an official DAZ product.  I purchased RSSY Character and Material Conversion Bundle after breaking G9 trying to create a custom version of Girl8 for G9 (see images).  I had too much going on in the background and accidentally created dups.  Had to scrap the project.  There were no errors in the Character Converter log.  If you want DS log.txt DM me.  Bad Imagery posted a workflow video 16 days ago as of viewing last night that is probably more suited to my requirements though I don't like to have a lot of Blender plugins: hXXps://youtu.be/Ch2aF9eFIJ8

I think to do the GC Heroine project morphs I'd have to save each morph as a character, run the script, then delete the FHM but first I have to get the regular script working.

DDAlyx8_2_9.jpg
    2293 x 1044 - 245K
    DDApryl8_2_9.jpg
    2560 x 1391 - 449K
    Girl8_2_9.jpg
    2295 x 1044 - 246K
    Screenshot 2024-01-02_DS.jpg
    324 x 108 - 13K
    ScreenshotGirl8_2_9Fail_DS.jpg
    2560 x 1413 - 443K
  • BAM! RendersBAM! Renders Posts: 114

Does ayone know how to get the material suit to work?  I try to get the material preset to work like save it, and when I try apply it to the gen 9 character, it keeps giving me errors.  Am I doing something wrong here?