[Released] RSSY Character And Material Conversion Bundle Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,376

Mouser said:

This seems to be an issue that many have run into.

Converted the Aiko 8 as a test (vanilla no customisation):

Scale = -30000 (roughly)

Transform =  under the floor

I can manualy change the scale & transform values (annoying) but the overall body is deformed badly.

Sorry but the forum refuses to allow me to attach files so I cannot supply a pic.

I do not see this at all.  My thought is you tried to convert this twice?  Make sure the converted Aiko morphs are deleted from data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 9\Base\Morphs\DAZ Originals

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

Okay, located an Aiko 8 folder in the G9 data folder as described & deleted it and its contents.

Re-run the script

Same result?

Mouser said:

Okay, located an Aiko 8 folder in the G9 data folder as described & deleted it and its contents.

Re-run the script

Same result?

Can you post the log?  Pics?

edited August 2023

Okay did some digging in the Genesis 9 data folders and found a folder with some 3rd party morphs created.

Not sure what happened there as the morphs are installed still but not dialed up as it where but it works this time.

Fortunatly I have only a small number of Genesis 9 items installed so I was able to find the needle in a haystack.

But as the number of Genesis 9 items available grows this sort of problem will be harder to resolve.

Unfortunatly the forum is having a hissy fit and refuses to let me attach files.

Post edited by Mouser on

Mouser said:

Okay did some digging in the Genesis 9 data folders and found a folder with some 3rd party morphs created.

Not sure what happened there as the morphs are installed still but not dialed up as it where but it works this time.

Fortunatly I have only a small number of Genesis 9 items installed so I was able to find the needle in a haystack.

But as the number of Genesis 9 items available grows this sort of problem will be harder to resolve.

Unfortunatly the forum is having a hissy fit and refuses to let me attach files.

Uhm I stand corrected.

I moved the camera view and found the scale -30000 figure there in the scene as well.

Reset the scene to NEW

Went to the output folder to load the converted figure to see if it is converted correctly.

Output folder is empty? (no .duf or .png)

Looked into the Data folder the Aiko 8 files are there?

Not sure what to make of this.

Are going to clear whatever related content I find and will try again.

The morphs always go in \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs under the first directory listed in the Daz Studio Formats section of the Content Directory Manager:

The first directory SHOULD NEVER BE your regular My Daz 3D Library.  That first directory should be to a personal space where all the stuff you create, or is created for you by scripts like this one, are put.  Then it is easy to find this stuff no matter how much regular stuff is installed in My Daz 3D Library.

RiverSoftArt said:

The morphs always go in \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs under the first directory listed in the Daz Studio Formats section of the Content Directory Manager:

The first directory SHOULD NEVER BE your regular My Daz 3D Library.  That first directory should be to a personal space where all the stuff you create, or is created for you by scripts like this one, are put.  Then it is easy to find this stuff no matter how much regular stuff is installed in My Daz 3D Library.

I have a number of runtimes:

1)The default runtime

2)The 3rd party runtime (Renderosity etc)

3)The converted runtime which has mostly content converted to G8 & now G9

4)The projects runtime where I do all my rendering to

My converted content goes into the 3rd of the runtimes listed.

I hope that made sense.

Mouser said:

RiverSoftArt said:

I have a number of runtimes:

1)The default runtime

2)The 3rd party runtime (Renderosity etc)

3)The converted runtime which has mostly content converted to G8 & now G9

4)The projects runtime where I do all my rendering to

My converted content goes into the 3rd of the runtimes listed.

I hope that made sense.

That is fine.  You just want to make sure the FIRST directory under Daz Studio Formats is not #1 and is #3, or you are going to be mixing things up.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086
    edited August 2023

Not a question or concern.  I just acquired and installed the script.  Here is my first attempt to convert a character designed for G8F to G9.  The character is Janet for G8F by Akasha and Anain.   I chose the Janet character because it has a pronounced hip line and booty very distinct from the G9 base.    I think it came out very well for a first try.     I suspect I will be back with questions as I try more advanced functions, or more stylized characters.  Thank you for this wonderful product. 

Post edited by Diomede on

Diomede said:

Not a question or concern.  I just acquired and installed the script.  Here is my first attempt to convert a character designed for G8F to G9.  The character is Janet for G8F by Akasha and Anain.   I chose the Janet character because it has a pronounced hip line and booty very distinct from the G9 base.    I think it came out very well for a first try.     I suspect I will be back with questions as I try more advanced functions, or more stylized characters.  Thank you for this wonderful product. 

You're welcome!  I appreciate you sharing.

• Any idea what's going amiss on my side?
    I cannot convert a single character (female or male); the log tells me every time it cannot find "Genesis 8 Female/Male Head" property – and yes, Genesis 8 Female/Male Head Morphs are correctly installed.

I am on Beta Build 4.21.1.80.

AbyssalEros said:

Any idea what's going amiss on my side?
    I cannot convert a single character (female or male); the log tells me every time it cannot find "Genesis 8 Female/Male Head" property – and yes, Genesis 8 Female/Male Head Morphs are correctly installed.

I am on Beta Build 4.21.1.80.

I would need to see the Daz log when you attempt to convert a character.  Thanks

• I have not been able to get a successful conversion because of a single issue: the upper eyelash is not in the proper location. This happens on every character I have tried, varying only in how far it is misplaced. I have not seen anyone mention this issue so I assume I must be doing something wrong. Does anyone have an idea what is causing this? See the attached image. Some characters have less error and others have more but none have the eyelash line up with the upper eyelid.

Millarose.jpg
    1554 x 945 - 181K
  • gaumaugher said:

I have not been able to get a successful conversion because of a single issue: the upper eyelash is not in the proper location. This happens on every character I have tried, varying only in how far it is misplaced. I have not seen anyone mention this issue so I assume I must be doing something wrong. Does anyone have an idea what is causing this? See the attached image. Some characters have less error and others have more but none have the eyelash line up with the upper eyelid.

The eyelash suit has morphs for moving the eyelashes up and down.

• tyra_oeildelouptyra_oeildeloup Posts: 285
    edited September 2023

Hello, if I put my G8 character skin (mats) on a G9 model with this product, will products like tattoos for G9 work on said model ? I'm unsure. Thanks for reading :) 

Post edited by tyra_oeildeloup on
  • tyra_oeildeloup said:

Hello, if I put my G8 character skin (mats) on a G9 model with this product, will products like tattoos for G9 work on said model ? I'm unsure. Thanks for reading :) 

The Material Suits use the G8 UVs and can accept G8 materials because of that, including tattoos.  You have to apply the tattoos to the mat suit, not the G9 model.

• tyra_oeildeloup said:

The Material Suits use the G8 UVs and can accept G8 materials because of that, including tattoos.  You have to apply the tattoos to the mat suit, not the G9 model.

• Has there been any update on if there is a fix or work around for NSFW artists to convert their gen 8 characters to gen 9 now?

edited October 2023

ArtofGohan said:

Has there been any update on if there is a fix or work around for NSFW artists to convert their gen 8 characters to gen 9 now?

For your issue (that the much smaller height and somewhat different shape) make the needed conversion process not suitable for small change morphs, this cannot be fixed.  You could combine all your morphs for a character into one morph on G8 and then that could be converted.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • RiverSoftArt said:

ArtofGohan said:

Has there been any update on if there is a fix or work around for NSFW artists to convert their gen 8 characters to gen 9 now?

For your issue (that the much smaller height and somewhat different shape) make the needed conversion process not suitable for small change morphs, this cannot be fixed.  You could combine all your morphs for a character into one morph on G8 and then that could be converted.

Ok Ill give that a shot. 

• Ok so what you told me to do worked River but when I applied thing like Breastacular to the model, it flattened the chest like a flat tire.  And I don't know if Meipe has a workaround for that cause I even looked over at his thing on renderotica for his thread and there are people having that very same issue.  I think it has to do with many different breast morphs people use in gen 8 that gen 9 don't have or can't fully convert and then when you use something like a geograft, it just can't replicate it. Oh well, can always wait for gen 10 which wouldn't surprise me will be not too far off.  They tried this sort of idea with first gen and it didnt go well with many and gen 2 came out a year or so right after.

• I have no idea how I got logged in on that account.

• gohanf2285 said:

Ok so what you told me to do worked River but when I applied thing like Breastacular to the model, it flattened the chest like a flat tire.  And I don't know if Meipe has a workaround for that cause I even looked over at his thing on renderotica for his thread and there are people having that very same issue.  I think it has to do with many different breast morphs people use in gen 8 that gen 9 don't have or can't fully convert and then when you use something like a geograft, it just can't replicate it. Oh well, can always wait for gen 10 which wouldn't surprise me will be not too far off.  They tried this sort of idea with first gen and it didnt go well with many and gen 2 came out a year or so right after.

I am sorry it did not work for you. 

• Can you use this to convert the small HD morphs from Musculature HD Morphs from Xenic101 to G9? Each muscle is a seperate morph.

• Happyboy said:

Can you use this to convert the small HD morphs from Musculature HD Morphs from Xenic101 to G9? Each muscle is a seperate morph.

No, it would not be a good fit.  To transfer a morph between generations, you need to make the G8 and G9 shape as close as possible, and then transfer the morph.  However, with G8/G9, the size difference is so great that the entire body ends up getting changed to make the shapes similar.  Thus, small morphs like you mention end up affecting the whole body.  When lots of other "small" transferred morphs are combined on the G9 body, it does not work and looks wrinkly. 

• I have converted Charlotte 8 and Victoria 8 to Genesis 9.

When I put the G8 character next to the G9 converted character, the nipples are to low for both. I can adjust that using https://www.daz3d.com/breast-utilities-for-genesis-9 and putting the vertical movement to maximum.

However, since it is the same discrepancy for both characters, in my understanding either the conversion could be improved or the G9 unimesh has a chest issue?

I could upload comparison pictures to my deviantart account if needed.

• alienarea said:

I have converted Charlotte 8 and Victoria 8 to Genesis 9.

When I put the G8 character next to the G9 converted character, the nipples are to low for both. I can adjust that using https://www.daz3d.com/breast-utilities-for-genesis-9 and putting the vertical movement to maximum.

However, since it is the same discrepancy for both characters, in my understanding either the conversion could be improved or the G9 unimesh has a chest issue?

From Sickleyield: G9 does not have nipple geometry at all. It's just flat square polygons where G8 has those circular areas as part of its base. So when we copy from G8 to G9, only unusually large nipple morphs are likely to show up. This is why nips on G9 can only be HD. It takes subdivision for there to be enough polygons to sculpt a nipple shape.

I would add if you compare G9 with a scaled G8F side by side (so they are the same height), you see that G9 has a lower nipple area vs G8.  This is just how G9 is.

• RiverSoftArt said:

alienarea said:

I have converted Charlotte 8 and Victoria 8 to Genesis 9.

From Sickleyield: G9 does not have nipple geometry at all. It's just flat square polygons where G8 has those circular areas as part of its base. So when we copy from G8 to G9, only unusually large nipple morphs are likely to show up. This is why nips on G9 can only be HD. It takes subdivision for there to be enough polygons to sculpt a nipple shape.

I would add if you compare G9 with a scaled G8F side by side (so they are the same height), you see that G9 has a lower nipple area vs G8.  This is just how G9 is.

Thank you. That lower nipple area  is my issue with G9. In my opinion it's a compromise rooted in the unisex base. Logged a ticket with Daz3d but never got an answer. Back to Genesis 8 Female.

• I'm really not having much luck with conversions. I've tried through some batch conversions as wel as in scene from a G8 to G9 and the result vary from slightly deformed to wildly mangled. I'm not sure where I'm going wrong but I'm definitely not getting the results I see others getting. Screenshot attached from Agma 8 to Gen 9 (added some clothing for modesty).
    I've tried answering the pop up question for zeroing as both Restore and Zero in case I'd picked the wrong option but this is generally what I'm getting.

Any ideas on what's happening here?

2023-12-05 08_39_43-DAZ Studio 4.22 Pro.png
    308 x 857 - 188K
  • Roobarb said:

I'm really not having much luck with conversions. I've tried through some batch conversions as wel as in scene from a G8 to G9 and the result vary from slightly deformed to wildly mangled. I'm not sure where I'm going wrong but I'm definitely not getting the results I see others getting. Screenshot attached from Agma 8 to Gen 9 (added some clothing for modesty).
    I've tried answering the pop up question for zeroing as both Restore and Zero in case I'd picked the wrong option but this is generally what I'm getting.

Any ideas on what's happening here?

It's a hit and miss for me as well. Daz core characters like Charlotte 8 and Victoria 8 transfer well, characters from other sites fail miserably.

Not sure if it's true, but I found this:

- characters installed through DIM seem to work better than those installed through DAZ connect

- dial out HD morphs

- 8.1 characters seem easier than 8 characters