[Released] RSSY Character And Material Conversion Bundle Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]

1111213141517»

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,371

844d1cc615 said:

I watched a couple videos.  1st thing I noticed was a Add Preset prompt that appeared when I initiated the regular character script offline (see attached images).  The prompt went away after running the script online.  It re-appeared only once today while I tried to convert DeviousDolls Apryl, DeviousDolls Alyx, Girl 8 offline, each seperately.  One guy live-streamed himself trying to use the product prior to reading the manual.  Took forever.  My entire G8F library only took a second to load.  The deselect all was a nice addition.  I only selected the one I was testing at the time.  When I tried Girl 8 I had a subdirectory named "G8_to_G9."  Re-reading the manual I deleted that & set the output to the default G9 directory.  I had some Girl 8 morphs in the G9 subdirectory I found tucked away after running the script & deleted them as well.  Glad I did a thorough search otherwise those would have just been lurking waiting to cause proplems down the road.  Not sure if they were created because when I tried Girl 8 I had that subdirectory of if it's because it is an official DAZ product.  I purchased RSSY Character and Material Conversion Bundle after breaking G9 trying to create a custom version of Girl8 for G9 (see images).  I had too much going on in the background and accidentally created dups.  Had to scrap the project.  There were no errors in the Character Converter log.  If you want DS log.txt DM me.  Bad Imagery posted a workflow video 16 days ago as of viewing last night that is probably more suited to my requirements though I don't like to have a lot of Blender plugins: hXXps://youtu.be/Ch2aF9eFIJ8

I think to do the GC Heroine project morphs I'd have to save each morph as a character, run the script, then delete the FHM but first I have to get the regular script working.

1. The Add Preset prompt is when you have something selected in Smart Content pane or Content Library Pane and start the script.  The script is asking if you want to add that character preset to the list of presets
    2. I don't know what you mean by running the script online.
    3. The output should not be "output to the default G9 directory" (i.e., My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis 9\Characters or where DIM installs characters).  It should be your own library, usually a My Library\People\Genesis 9\Characters
    4. The My Library should also the first directory listed in the Daz Studio Formats section of the Content Directory Manager.  Otherwise, the newly created morphs get mixed into the installed directories.

ArtofGohan said:

Does ayone know how to get the material suit to work?  I try to get the material preset to work like save it, and when I try apply it to the gen 9 character, it keeps giving me errors.  Am I doing something wrong here?

I need more information.  Have you read the manual?  What are the exact steps you take?  What does the log say?

• BAM! RendersBAM! Renders Posts: 114

RiverSoftArt said:

ArtofGohan said:

Does ayone know how to get the material suit to work?  I try to get the material preset to work like save it, and when I try apply it to the gen 9 character, it keeps giving me errors.  Am I doing something wrong here?

I need more information.  Have you read the manual?  What are the exact steps you take?  What does the log say?

I took the steps it said in the PDF to get the H material preset and to apply it, but I don't know if i missed a step or something.  Where do I find the log? 

Found the log.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    5M
  • 844d1cc615844d1cc615 Posts: 81

RiverSoftArt said:

844d1cc615 said:

I watched a couple videos.  1st thing I noticed was a Add Preset prompt that appeared when I initiated the regular character script offline (see attached images).  The prompt went away after running the script online.  It re-appeared only once today while I tried to convert DeviousDolls Apryl, DeviousDolls Alyx, Girl 8 offline, each seperately.  One guy live-streamed himself trying to use the product prior to reading the manual.  Took forever.  My entire G8F library only took a second to load.  The deselect all was a nice addition.  I only selected the one I was testing at the time.  When I tried Girl 8 I had a subdirectory named "G8_to_G9."  Re-reading the manual I deleted that & set the output to the default G9 directory.  I had some Girl 8 morphs in the G9 subdirectory I found tucked away after running the script & deleted them as well.  Glad I did a thorough search otherwise those would have just been lurking waiting to cause proplems down the road.  Not sure if they were created because when I tried Girl 8 I had that subdirectory of if it's because it is an official DAZ product.  I purchased RSSY Character and Material Conversion Bundle after breaking G9 trying to create a custom version of Girl8 for G9 (see images).  I had too much going on in the background and accidentally created dups.  Had to scrap the project.  There were no errors in the Character Converter log.  If you want DS log.txt DM me.  Bad Imagery posted a workflow video 16 days ago as of viewing last night that is probably more suited to my requirements though I don't like to have a lot of Blender plugins: hXXps://youtu.be/Ch2aF9eFIJ8

I think to do the GC Heroine project morphs I'd have to save each morph as a character, run the script, then delete the FHM but first I have to get the regular script working.

1. The Add Preset prompt is when you have something selected in Smart Content pane or Content Library Pane and start the script.  The script is asking if you want to add that character preset to the list of presets
    3. The output should not be "output to the default G9 directory" (i.e., My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis 9\Characters or where DIM installs characters).  It should be your own library, usually a My Library\People\Genesis 9\Characters
    4. The My Library should also the first directory listed in the Daz Studio Formats section of the Content Directory Manager.  Otherwise, the newly created morphs get mixed into the installed directories.

Migraine days have just begun again.  Would explain why I previously missed my custom directory being on top, not below in the Content Directory Manager.  Ironically I can see a little better now.  Thanks for the help.  Lol oh man this must have been one big headache for you & SY.  Hang in there.  We appreciate you. 

844d1cc615 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

844d1cc615 said:

Migraine days have just begun again.  Would explain why I previously missed my custom directory being on top, not below in the Content Directory Manager.  Ironically I can see a little better now.  Thanks for the help.  Lol oh man this must have been one big headache for you & SY.  Hang in there.  We appreciate you. 

You got it working?  Oh thank goodness! 

ArtofGohan said:

Found the log.

I didn't need the whole log, just the part where you tried the product smiley.  Looking at the log, I don't see anything where it starts making the temporary HMap file.  Did you get any dialog message? 

I see you apply the full setup suit.  You select the "RSSY Genesis 8 Female Suit"?  Then you selected the Briana HMap file and then executed the Apply action?  Briana isn't a Daz file.  Have you tried selecting a V7 HMap from a Daz product to see if that works first?

RiverSoftArt said:

ArtofGohan said:

Found the log.

I didn't need the whole log, just the part where you tried the product smiley.  Looking at the log, I don't see anything where it starts making the temporary HMap file.  Did you get any dialog message? 

I see you apply the full setup suit.  You select the "RSSY Genesis 8 Female Suit"?  Then you selected the Briana HMap file and then executed the Apply action?  Briana isn't a Daz file.  Have you tried selecting a V7 HMap from a Daz product to see if that works first?

Ok so applying H Mat of Victoria 8 works, but how do I get a CUSTOM created Mat onto the model? Like for starters, who do save a custom model's mats to be a H Mat preset first? 

edited January 4

Ok so I tried to apply the H Mat of my Model and it still keeps saying unkown figure in H Mat preset.  How do i fix that?

Post edited by BAM! Renders on

ArtofGohan said:

RiverSoftArt said:

ArtofGohan said:

Found the log.

Ok so applying H Mat of Victoria 8 works, but how do I get a CUSTOM created Mat onto the model? Like for starters, who do save a custom model's mats to be a H Mat preset first? 

I would look elsehwere on how to save a Hierarchical Material Preset.  The script works on custom ones as well but they need to be created correctly.  It sounds like the Briana one is not. 

I would load both a regular HMat and the Briana one into Notepad++ (if either looks like gibberish, it is because the .duf file has been compressed.  Open the .duf in 7zip and then edit the file to see it).  A regular one will refer to Genesis 8 Female in the header (the %20 is a space in HTML speak):

{

"file_version" : "0.6.0.0",

"asset_info" : {

"id" : "/People/Genesis%208%20Female/Characters/Girl%208/Materials/Iray/Girl%208%20All%20Maps.duf",

"type" : "preset_hierarchical_material",

• Sorry for the potentially noob question, but I was just trying this out today and I guess I'm a little confused as to the behavior I'm seeing. 

I have an 8.1 figure (Mousso's Echo HD 8.1) that I ran the converter against. It appears to convert properly, in that I can generate the [sic] 9.1 figure and apply G9 clothes, hair, and poses to it. U have, mostly, success applying G8F materials to the material suits (though some the H.Material skins materials don't seem to work, but that's probably user error).

What I'm missing right now is why I can't apply G9 materials. If I select the converted figure in my scene and go to a G9 character in my library and try to apply materials (skin, eyrs, etc) that I would to any other G9 character. Does this mean that the material suit overrides the ability to add G9 materials and that if I want to apply G9 materials I should not add material suit when converting? So either I use G8 materials (through the suit) or G9 materials (w/out the suit), but I can't do both? 

• I think I have an even noobier question... I've tried running the character conversion script on a half dozen G8Fs from the Daz store so far and most of them turn out fine, but none of them end up with any materials. I have the Material Preset set to "Copy from Original", but I don't get any. I don't see any logs pertaining to it either, just the morphs and the Icons/Categories. Am I supposed to be adding more files to the converter dialog?

sidcarton1587 said:

Sorry for the potentially noob question, but I was just trying this out today and I guess I'm a little confused as to the behavior I'm seeing. 

I have an 8.1 figure (Mousso's Echo HD 8.1) that I ran the converter against. It appears to convert properly, in that I can generate the [sic] 9.1 figure and apply G9 clothes, hair, and poses to it. U have, mostly, success applying G8F materials to the material suits (though some the H.Material skins materials don't seem to work, but that's probably user error).

What I'm missing right now is why I can't apply G9 materials. If I select the converted figure in my scene and go to a G9 character in my library and try to apply materials (skin, eyrs, etc) that I would to any other G9 character. Does this mean that the material suit overrides the ability to add G9 materials and that if I want to apply G9 materials I should not add material suit when converting? So either I use G8 materials (through the suit) or G9 materials (w/out the suit), but I can't do both? 

Delete the Material suits from the converted G9 character, add back the eyes and mouth for G9 (you can find them in the G9 Starter Essentials), and apply a normal G9 material to the figure.

his.royal.duckness said:

I think I have an even noobier question... I've tried running the character conversion script on a half dozen G8Fs from the Daz store so far and most of them turn out fine, but none of them end up with any materials. I have the Material Preset set to "Copy from Original", but I don't get any. I don't see any logs pertaining to it either, just the morphs and the Icons/Categories. Am I supposed to be adding more files to the converter dialog?

Did you buy the whole bundle that includes the material suit? https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-character-and-material-conversion-genesis-8-to-genesis-9-bundle ;

• RiverSoftArt said:

his.royal.duckness said:

I think I have an even noobier question... I've tried running the character conversion script on a half dozen G8Fs from the Daz store so far and most of them turn out fine, but none of them end up with any materials. I have the Material Preset set to "Copy from Original", but I don't get any. I don't see any logs pertaining to it either, just the morphs and the Icons/Categories. Am I supposed to be adding more files to the converter dialog?

Did you buy the whole bundle that includes the material suit? https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-character-and-material-conversion-genesis-8-to-genesis-9-bundle

Ahhh, that's what I did wrong... I just bought one of the character converters, it said it converted the "default" materials, I had assumed that was the set of materials included with the character. Guess I should have bougth the bundle...

his.royal.duckness said:

RiverSoftArt said:

his.royal.duckness said:

Did you buy the whole bundle that includes the material suit? https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-character-and-material-conversion-genesis-8-to-genesis-9-bundle

Ahhh, that's what I did wrong... I just bought one of the character converters, it said it converted the "default" materials, I had assumed that was the set of materials included with the character. Guess I should have bougth the bundle...

Unfortunately, you missed the asterisk by the "Even better, icons, categories, and the default materials* are copied..."

* The Material Suit product is needed to properly copy the materials from Genesis 8 to Genesis 9.

If it is still within 30 days, you could return the CC and then buy the bundle when it is on sale.