[Fisio SB addOn released] Fisio: Physics Simulator

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224

It has been released, and the price is very reasonable.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,408

Alberto said:

tsroemi said:

Am very eager for this! Hopefully there'll be a discount for the base Fisio, as I don't have that yet. The promo video looks great!

As usual, there'll be discounts for Fisio, and all other products in my store where there is a release.  smiley

Very true, good discounts - bought both Fisio and the new add-on right away this morning, and also Parsis. Exciting! 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,779

https://www.daz3d.com/fisio-sb-soft-bodies-addon

Came here to find out more about it. Thanks.

• dziemian.paweldziemian.pawel Posts: 93
    edited July 2023
    Post edited by dziemian.pawel on
  • dziemian.pawel said:

:(

https://pasteboard.co/gvPYhtBkIWq0.jpg

How did you install Fisio itself?

• dziemian.paweldziemian.pawel Posts: 93
    edited July 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

dziemian.pawel said:

First time? Using temporary files provided by the developer, because there were issues with serial numbers upon release. Then I was using DAZ Install Manager. The file mentioned in the error is located in the directory it is pointing to. However, when I uninstall Fisio using the DAZ Install Manager, the file in the directory pointed by the error is not removed. So I guess the DIM is installing the plugin somewhere it shouldn't? Thanks

Post edited by dziemian.pawel on
  • AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,383

dziemian.pawel said:

Richard Haseltine said:

dziemian.pawel said:

First time? Using temporary files provided by the developer, because there were issues with serial numbers upon release. Then I was using DAZ Install Manager. The file mentioned in the error is located in the directory it is pointing to. However, when I uninstall Fisio using the DAZ Install Manager, the file in the directory pointed by the error is not removed. So I guess the DIM is installing the plugin somewhere it shouldn't? Thanks

You should install first the Fisio plugin (rigid bodies), and then install the FisioSB addOn. Do not uninstall the Fisio plugin, because the addOn FisioSB requires the plugin. 

If you uninstall FisioSB, you'll need to reinstall the Fisio plugin if you want to continue using the rigid bodies simulation.

To solve your problem, it's better to uninstall the Fisio addON and the Fisio plugin, and then install them in the proper order: first the Fisio plugin, next the FisioSB addOn.

edited July 2023

Fisio SB addOn does not have a Serial Number. It does not need to be registered, only install it.

Fisio SB addOn only requires that the Fisio core plugin (rigid bodies) is already installed and registered (the core plugin does have a Serial Number).

If you have not installed the Fisio core plugin, install it before installing the Fisio SB addON

Post edited by Alberto on
  • Causam3DCausam3D Posts: 197
    edited July 2023

That's rougly $40 and three hours of my life I'll never see again.

It's been stuck on "uninstalling" now for over ten minutes.  I don't think it's going to go away.
    The installation size on DIM is "-1" byte.  It's telling me it doesn't have the Fisio core module (it does, I've installed it and installed it before the SB).  It says it can't find the dll file.  The dlls that show in the Fisio folder are called chromesomethingorother. dll which ain't right.  

Trying to uninstall, DIM just stays there saying "uninstalling - 0%" forever, it just hangs.  (Like a bat)  

There's more, but that might help as it seems like the most relevant information and surely these issues all arise from only one or two causes.

FYI, your "Attach a file" link just stays stuck on "Uploading..." like (an image to the forums).  Otherwise I'd attach the screenshots.

(Edited by mod for language)

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • TiZTiZ Posts: 21

Hey there! This is a pretty nifty plugin you've got. Can the soft body functionality be used in place of dForce on clothes that support dForce? Are we able to define simulation parameters per-surface on an object? Like, to define parts of fabric that are and aren't supposed to move. I've found that dForce is difficult to work with for certain types of motions, like a dancer spinning in a very full skirt; to get it to work you have to have a *very high* amount of FPS * subframes, otherwise fabric will just get stuck in her legs.

• Causam3DCausam3D Posts: 197

TiZ said:

Hey there! This is a pretty nifty plugin you've got. Can the soft body functionality be used in place of dForce on clothes that support dForce? Are we able to define simulation parameters per-surface on an object? Like, to define parts of fabric that are and aren't supposed to move. I've found that dForce is difficult to work with for certain types of motions, like a dancer spinning in a very full skirt; to get it to work you have to have a *very high* amount of FPS * subframes, otherwise fabric will just get stuck in her legs.

Hit me up for some advice on that one.  There are ways :) 

• T4bboT4bbo Posts: 0

Does anybody have same problem as me? I had my Rigid Fisio installed, registered... worked like charm... done already hefty of simulations. Now I ve installed SB Fisio, product was in smart content but no new Window pane occurred even after reinstallation. I ve tried to reinstall both products and now I am missing Rigid Fisio window pane too. Any ideas?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,448

Threads merged on the same topic

• southparkiskoolsouthparkiskool Posts: 5
    edited July 2023

CapoDiTutiCapi said:

Does anybody have same problem as me? I had my Rigid Fisio installed, registered... worked like charm... done already hefty of simulations. Now I ve installed SB Fisio, product was in smart content but no new Window pane occurred even after reinstallation. I ve tried to reinstall both products and now I am missing Rigid Fisio window pane too. Any ideas?

Post edited by southparkiskool on

Before being installed, the FisioSB add ON (https://www.daz3d.com/fisio-sb-soft-bodies-addon) requires that the Fisio main plugin is installed and registered. The addOn does not require registration, only installation.

The Fisio main plugin (https://www.daz3d.com/fisio-physics-simulator) needs to be registered with your serial number to be usable: To register Fisio (or any other registrable plugin) here are the instructions: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3916516/#Comment_3916516, or in the Fisio manual, page 1 (Daz Help Browser -- plugins-- Fisio Physics Simulator -- Documentation).

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,438

Hi.

I'll be that person...

Will this work to properly animate breasts or male anatomical elements?

Thanks.

edited July 2023
    1. If you have previously installed and registered the Fisio main plugin, and only want to install the FisioSB addOn, go to step 4.

2. Install the package "Fisio Physics Simulator for Daz Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)"

3. Register the Fisio plugin with your serial number (instructions in the previous post)

4. If the installation was correct, you could see the Fisio pane in the list in the Daz menu Window -- Panes (Tabs).

5. Now, using the DIM, install the addOn: "Fisio SB: Soft Bodies AddOn WIN64". There is another package: "Fisio SB: Soft Bodies AddOn Studio Content", this is a different one that contains some Properties presets for the Fisio Materials and a simple cable prop.

6. After the installation, you should see the panes Fisio and FisioSB panes in the list in the Daz menu Window -- Panes (Tabs).

Hellboy said:

Hi.

I'll be that person...

Will this work to properly animate breasts or male anatomical elements?

Thanks.

Could be useful for it the Shell as Body Elements Type and Selected Facets as Active facets.

• PraxisPraxis Posts: 240
    edited July 2023

Seems like DAZ is making installation difficult again:

I used DIM, but that only downloaded and installed the CONTENT package ("Fisio SB: Soft Bodies AddOn Studio Content"), so no "Fisio SB" Pane appeared in DAZ Studio.

So I downloaded the AddOn package ("Fisio SB: Soft Bodies AddOn WIN64") manually from my account, installed it via DIM, and now I have the "Fisio SB" Pane.

Thank you for making this AddOn - time to start playing!...

Post edited by Praxis on

Praxis said:

Seems like DAZ is making installation difficult again:

I used DIM, but that only downloaded and installed the CONTENT package ("Fisio SB: Soft Bodies AddOn Studio Content"), so no "Fisio SB" Pane appeared in DAZ Studio.

So I downloaded the AddOn package ("Fisio SB: Soft Bodies AddOn WIN64") manually from my account, installed it via DIM, and now I have the "Fisio SB" Pane.

Thank you for making this AddOn - time to start playing!...

You're welcome!

If somebody cannot see the Fisio SB: Soft Bodies AddOn WIN64 inside DIM, maybe the download filter of plugins is disabled. Click on the "Download Filters" button in DIM and check if the "Plugin" filter, under "Install type tags" is checked. 

Alberto said:

If somebody cannot see the Fisio SB: Soft Bodies AddOn WIN64 inside DIM, maybe the download filter of plugins is disabled. Click on the "Download Filters" button in DIM and check if the "Plugin" filter, under "Install type tags" is checked. 

Nope, I don't think that is the problem. I have the plugin filter active and I don't see the pugin zip in DIM. 

Screenshot 2023-07-18 202612 FISIO SB DIM.jpg
    1040 x 648 - 106K
  • PraxisPraxis Posts: 240
    edited July 2023

Alberto said:

I should have mentioned that  I had both the "Plugin" and "Windows 64-bit" filter options enabled, and DIM did not list or download theAddOn package.

I have just looked thru all the "Hidden/Disabled" (Poser, etc.) stuff in my account, and the Fisio SB AddOn .zip is not one of them.

I have also ensured there is no Fisio SB AddOn .zip or .dsx file in my my DIM downloads folder,  and DIM Does NOT offer to download it.

So at present manual download (of just this particular .zip file) is the only thing that works for me.

Its time DAZ fixed this issue - how many other packages are people missing out on?

Like Barbult said.

Post edited by Praxis on

barbult said:

Alberto said:

Nope, I don't think that is the problem. I have the plugin filter active and I don't see the pugin zip in DIM. 

Ah!, I can see the problem now. I've just reported this to DAZ.

Sorry about that! If you can fill a ticket too, it could help.

This is my incredibly bad luck. surprise 

• whfieldwhfield Posts: 44

Good Day,

I am having the same issue. The Fisio SB: Soft Bodies AddOn Studio Content lists in my DIM and the Fisio original was listed in my DIM 'Ready to Download' Panel, but the "Fisio Physics Simulator for Daz Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)" is not in my 'Ready to Download' panel.

Please advise on the way forward.

BTW, the plug-in and 64 bit toggles are in the on position.

Thanks for your help.

whfield said:

Good Day,

I am having the same issue. The Fisio SB: Soft Bodies AddOn Studio Content lists in my DIM and the Fisio original was listed in my DIM 'Ready to Download' Panel, but the "Fisio Physics Simulator for Daz Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)" is not in my 'Ready to Download' panel.

Please advise on the way forward.

BTW, the plug-in and 64 bit toggles are in the on position.

Thanks for your help.

Are you talking about the "Fisio SB: Soft Bodies AddOn WIN64"? Yes, it should be listed in DIM, but it's not. I've already reported the problem to DAZ. But if you could fill a ticked too, it'll help.

I managed to get the soft body plugin installed using the download file in my Product Library. I can open the Soft Bodies tab OK. I will submit a ticket none the less.

Daz has been having a hard time preparing DIM packages correctly for about the last month. There have been numerous problems reported here in the forum about packages not showing up in DIM at all, manifest files that are wrong and prevent correct installation, file paths that are wrong, etc. I've been wondering if they are trying to use AI to do this or something. They've definitely lost the touch. Metadata has also taken at hit. The percentage of incorrect metadata is on the rise again.

barbult said:

I managed to get the soft body plugin installed using the download file in my Product Library. I can open the Soft Bodies tab OK. I will submit a ticket none the less.

Daz has been having a hard time preparing DIM packages correctly for about the last month. There have been numerous problems reported here in the forum about packages not showing up in DIM at all, manifest files that are wrong and prevent correct installation, file paths that are wrong, etc. I've been wondering if they are trying to use AI to do this or something. They've definitely lost the touch. Metadata has also taken at hit. The percentage of incorrect metadata is on the rise again.

I can see that my product is not the only one. 

edited July 2023

If anyone wants to install manually the plugin, this is the procedure:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8263031/#Comment_8263031

I submitted Request #440346 Fisio SB plugin package does not show up for download in DIM
    It took customer service over 24 days to respond to my last help request about a package that did not show up for download in DIM. I finally had to submit a second request before I got any response. Now that request has moved into the "bug tracker" (which I refer to as a black hole). So good luck! But you only have bad luck with Daz. The really sad part is that these things are NEVER your fault, and yet you collect all the flack here in the forum for errors by Daz. You would have thought that with no serial number required, you would not have had a problem this time. Please don't get discouraged!

barbult said:

You would have thought that with no serial number required, you would not have had a problem this time.

Yes, I thought. laugh

Thank you!