[Fisio SB addOn released] Fisio: Physics Simulator

Comments

• eheiehbruno@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 842
    edited July 2023

Hellboy said:

Hi.

I'll be that person...

Will this work to properly animate breasts or male anatomical elements?

Thanks.

We salute your bravery and sacrifice.

Speaking of animating figures, is there any way to make a preset for genesis figures? Like, having muscles be less yielding than cheeks, have bones be rigid, that kind of thing?

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • erikberikb Posts: 8

So I bought the soft body add on today. It installed, but I can't run it. All it seems to have installed is some materials and some prop. No utility to run. Still I only have the rigid body simulator when I press Fisio in the panes.

• erikb said:

So I bought the soft body add on today. It installed, but I can't run it. All it seems to have installed is some materials and some prop. No utility to run. Still I only have the rigid body simulator when I press Fisio in the panes.

See the posts on the previous page about the plug-in not appearing in DIM, and the workaround pending a proper fix.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,972

Hellboy said:

Hi.

I'll be that person...

Thanks.

It would be you laugh

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224
    edited July 2023

Customer service responded to my help request, but their response is totally bogus. First of all it is obviously a cut and paste response, because they addressed me by someone else's name. Then they said this is a brokered product beyond their support boundaries, told me to contact the artist regarding the issue with their content, and gave my an email address for Alvin Bémar (with the name slightly misspelled). They said the creators of plugins handle their own support. HELLO! This is a DIM problem. Did they even read the title or text of my request? How is the artist going to fix a package missing from DIM? And why are they giving out his email address? Did he give permission for them to do that?

Edit: Customer service responed to my complaint about their response and said it was sent in error. They will look into the problem. Since I have copied the Product Library version to DIM, I don't know if I will ever tell if they fix the problem or not.

Post edited by barbult on
    edited July 2023

Thank goodness the product library to DIM coping allowed me to install the plugin. I managed to get one render uploaded late last night. This is a one meter square plane draped on a decimated (25%) G9 base figure. I followed the springs example with the sphere and plane and then branched out to G9 and a plane. After the plugin finished, I swapped in a fully textured full res G9 base for the decimated one. This one meter plane sure stretched out a lot. I also did a shell version, which did not stretch like that, but that left a nipple exposed (he had no shirt) so I'd better not post it. Since it is the base G9, it sort of has breasts, and I think textured exposure is verboten. I rerendered with a shirt, but now I can't upload.

Edit: I applied the thickener to the draped plane at the end. The floor is a squished cube primitive use as a rigid body.

Post edited by barbult on
  • mikethe3dguymikethe3dguy Posts: 515
    edited July 2023

In Alvin's YouTube Fisio demo from a few months ago. one of the short examples is a wine glass shattering with force, and I know he used Gescon to fragment the glass. I've got Fisio and Gescon, and want to create an animation like this:

1. 11 champagne glasses stacked on a table in a pyramid formation
    2. Large object is slid along that table, into the stack of glasses
    3. Glasses tumble off table, striking the floor and a chair, shattering into many many pieces

I'm starting out with a single glass in my experiments, and the initial problem is that at frame 1 before the glass is even struck by the sliding oblect, the pre-fragmented glass begins to fall apart in its pieces. In reality of course, the glasses wouldn't shatter until they fall and hit the chair or floor, not when the sliding object strikes them (in the final animation the object is just someone's butt as they sit on the edge of the table). I know that an initial state can be set in Fisio, with velocity and direction which could help solve this problem, but as far as I can tell the only way to make this work would be to somehow run a first Fisio sim using un-fragmented glasses, then in that animation before each glass first hits a surface, fragment it with Gescon. Near as I can tell I'd need to provide an initial velocity in each of the 3 axes for EACH of the fragments of EACH glass (roughly 60-70 fragments x 11), and run a second Fisio sim to leapfrog off the first.

I drink very little, but attempting this would likely turn me into a full-blown alcoholic within a couple days.

Does anyone know of any shortcuts that won't require me to punch a ticket to Crazytown, or am I pretty much stuck with this as the cold, hard reality of life?

Edit: Another smaller challenge is it appears that EACH glass fragment needs to be assigned a Fisio material node individually. I don't yet see any way to just select multiple objects and assign a single material node to all of them with one click.

Post edited by mikethe3dguy on
  • AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,383
    edited July 2023

mikethe3dguy said:

In Alvin's YouTube Fisio demo from a few months ago. one of the short examples is a wine glass shattering with force, and I know he used Gescon to fragment the glass. I've got Fisio and Gescon, and want to create an animation like this:

1. 11 champagne glasses stacked on a table in a pyramid formation
    2. Large object is slid along that table, into the stack of glasses
    3. Glasses tumble off table, striking the floor and a chair, shattering into many many pieces

I'm starting out with a single glass in my experiments, and the initial problem is that at frame 1 before the glass is even struck by the sliding oblect, the pre-fragmented glass begins to fall apart in its pieces. In reality of course, the glasses wouldn't shatter until they fall and hit the chair or floor, not when the sliding object strikes them (in the final animation the object is just someone's butt as they sit on the edge of the table). I know that an initial state can be set in Fisio, with velocity and direction which could help solve this problem, but as far as I can tell the only way to make this work would be to somehow run a first Fisio sim using un-fragmented glasses, then in that animation before each glass first hits a surface, fragment it with Gescon. Near as I can tell I'd need to provide an initial velocity in each of the 3 axes for EACH of the fragments of EACH glass (roughly 60-70 fragments x 11), and run a second Fisio sim to leapfrog off the first.

I drink very little, but attempting this would likely turn me into a full-blown alcoholic within a couple days.

Does anyone know of any shortcuts that won't require me to punch a ticket to Crazytown, or am I pretty much stuck with this as the cold, hard reality of life?

The glasses must be fragmented before any Fisio simulation. If you increase the Cohesion of the material of the glasses, the fragments won't tend to fall apart. As it's an animatable property, you can set it to 0 at the proper time. Left the initial velocities of the fragments as 0.

mikethe3dguy said:

Edit: Another smaller challenge is it appears that EACH glass fragment needs to be assigned a Fisio material node individually. I don't yet see any way to just select multiple objects and assign a single material node to all of them with one click.

This is easy: select all the fragments, and then, their properties will be grouped in the Daz Studio Parameters tab. Go to Collision material and set the desired Fisio Material for all the selected objects.

Ah!, and I suggest you set the Collision shape type of each fragment to a sphere. Unless you need close-up shots, using spheres is much faster and believable enough.

Post edited by Alberto on

Edit: Customer service responed to my complaint about their response and said it was sent in error. They will look into the problem. Since I have copied the Product Library version to DIM, I don't know if I will ever tell if they fix the problem or not.

Sometimes, I think they send automatic answers (or so). sad

Anyway, they told me they're looking into the problem.

Alberto said:

The glasses must be fragmented before any Fisio simulation. If you increase the Cohesion of the material of the glasses, the fragments won't tend to fall apart. As it's an animatable property, you can set it to 0 at the proper time. Left the initial velocities of the fragments as 0.

Thanks Alberto! is there a solution for the look of the fragmented glass (all the fragment lines are visible)?

Here is the shell version of the draped plane that I couldn't upload yesterday.

Alberto said:

I set the cohesion for the glass fragments material to 100 and they still start to fall apart pretty much immediately

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,801

Very excited about the soft body expansion, hoping to see experiments soon! :)

• This is all very tempting. If I were to buy this I'd want to use it for soft body collisions mostly, for example, a properly deformed butt while sitting, pushing through a rubber wall, laying G8/9 on a bed and getting proper mattress deformation... so can it be done? Also, how demanding is this process? I run a rig with a rtx 3060 on a ryzen 7 3700X with 64 GO ram.

• Alivin can you please let me know of each directory containing fisio files? I'm able to instal both the fisio and softbodies using DIM but now they won't even show in the about installed plugins page. Probably messed somethin in those settings? https://pasteboard.co/uBfd5j0qGYAT.jpg

I have all my assets on X:/ drive

• Hellboy said:

Hi.

I'll be that person...

Thanks.

Came here to ask this, so I'll second it.

I already bought it and have been trying to do a simple animation with a G8F figure moving up and down, I'm using springs with the active facets only option to select only the mesh for the breasts. Sadly, they deflate completely. I tried using the skin young presets and same results. I did notice increasing density helps a bit in keeping the shape but then gravity affects them even worse. Also, the selected mesh now doesn't seem to follow the figure at all. Turning off the gravity stops the breasts from deflating but then the breasts just stayed in the same place while the figure moved up and down. Then I tried doing a collision with a rigid body and I just couldn't get any bouncing back effect, it almost just feels like a regular dforce sim.

So I'd like to ask if you could show how to do it like in the nose press promo picture and if this can actually be used for bouncy animations with figures (and how)

Thanks! 

dziemian.pawel said:

Alivin can you please let me know of each directory containing fisio files? I'm able to instal both the fisio and softbodies using DIM but now they won't even show in the about installed plugins page. Probably messed somethin in those settings? 

Did you register the Fisio main plugin? Here is the procedure for any registrable plugin: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3916516/#Comment_3916516. The addON doesn't need registration.

The plugins are inside the folder where is DAZ Studio installed: "\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins". In this, you should see the "abFisio.dll" and the "abFisioSB.dll" files.

There are additional files inside "\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\Fisio". 

If you don't see the abFisioSB.dll inside the first folder, check if you have installed the "Fisio SB: Soft Bodies AddOn WIN64" package (Did you follow the procedure at https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8263031/#Comment_8263031?).

mikethe3dguy said:

Alberto said:

I set the cohesion for the glass fragments material to 100 and they still start to fall apart pretty much immediately

Set the cohesion to 25, for example, and the friction to 1.0. I tested these values and worked for me.

You can set 0 the gravity and the scale to 0 to slow down the simulation and avoid premature breaking. 

mikethe3dguy said:

Alberto said:

Thanks Alberto! is there a solution for the look of the fragmented glass (all the fragment lines are visible)?

As the fixing of the glasses fragments is not perfect (there are some tiny but visible separations of the fractions, and anyway, the fragment lines are visible, in the demo, I rendered the first frames with the fragments invisible and the original glass visible. Then, the second part, with the fragments visible and the original glass visible. 

mazinkaiserzero said:

Hellboy said:

Hi.

I'll be that person...

Thanks.

Came here to ask this, so I'll second it.

I already bought it and have been trying to do a simple animation with a G8F figure moving up and down, I'm using springs with the active facets only option to select only the mesh for the breasts. Sadly, they deflate completely. I tried using the skin young presets and same results. I did notice increasing density helps a bit in keeping the shape but then gravity affects them even worse. Also, the selected mesh now doesn't seem to follow the figure at all. Turning off the gravity stops the breasts from deflating but then the breasts just stayed in the same place while the figure moved up and down. Then I tried doing a collision with a rigid body and I just couldn't get any bouncing back effect, it almost just feels like a regular dforce sim.

So I'd like to ask if you could show how to do it like in the nose press promo picture and if this can actually be used for bouncy animations with figures (and how)

Thanks! 

Use Shell instead of Spring. There are some presets for the Fisio Materials (in Smart Content - Props - Fisio SB - Materials (they're not surface material for renders, but properties preset applicable to the Fisio Materials.

If you use Spring, use the Stiffness of the Spring property to control the stiffness.

You can't animate with keyframes the Soft bodies, but you can transform the simulation into morphs and then disable the soft body (or unsign it as a soft body) to use the morphs.

The soft bodies and the rigid bodies can collide, but when using the Non Smooth contacts System type, the objects tend to stick. What are the settings of the bodies and the system you used?

second_technician_rimmer_9571136c47 said:

This is all very tempting. If I were to buy this I'd want to use it for soft body collisions mostly, for example, a properly deformed butt while sitting, pushing through a rubber wall, laying G8/9 on a bed and getting proper mattress deformation... so can it be done? Also, how demanding is this process? I run a rig with a rtx 3060 on a ryzen 7 3700X with 64 GO ram.

Yes it's possible.

And your system is superior to the one I'm using to create the plugin! So, it works. 

mazinkaiserzero said:

Thanks! 

I selected the facets of the nose and set Shell as the Body elements type. Instead of using the hand of the woman, I used a proxy (it's faster), a rigid-body sphere, and push it against the nose.

• Alberto said:

dziemian.pawel said:

Alivin can you please let me know of each directory containing fisio files? I'm able to instal both the fisio and softbodies using DIM but now they won't even show in the about installed plugins page. Probably messed somethin in those settings? 

Did you register the Fisio main plugin? Here is the procedure for any registrable plugin: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3916516/#Comment_3916516. The addON doesn't need registration.

The plugins are inside the folder where is DAZ Studio installed: "\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins". In this, you should see the "abFisio.dll" and the "abFisioSB.dll" files.

There are additional files inside "\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\Fisio". 

If you don't see the abFisioSB.dll inside the first folder, check if you have installed the "Fisio SB: Soft Bodies AddOn WIN64" package (Did you follow the procedure at https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8263031/#Comment_8263031?).

Thanks for the response.

Did you register the Fisio main plugin?

Yes, months ago.

I did install the correct package, but I think there is something wrong with my installation paths, they look like this:

X:\My DAZ 3D Library\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\DAZStudio.exe - my daz studio executable file location

X:\My DAZ 3D Library\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\PostgreSQL CMS\libs\Fisio - location of FisioEngine.dll

X:\My DAZ 3D Library\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\PostgreSQL CMS\plugins - location of abFisio.dll

other directories with "fisio" in their names that are created by the DIM:

X:\My DAZ 3D Library\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\PostgreSQL CMS\docs\Plugins\Fisio Physics Simulator

X:\My DAZ 3D Library\Props\Alvin Bemar\Fisio\Properties Presets\Fisio Materials

X:\My DAZ 3D Library\Props\Alvin Bemar\Fiso

X:\My DAZ 3D Library\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\PostgreSQL CMS\plugins\ABFisio

I don't see it in the "about installed plugins" tab, nor do I have a fisio pane to choose to make visible. I do see the soft Bodies in smart tab (materials and prop)

dziemian.pawel said:

Alberto said:

dziemian.pawel said:

Thanks for the response.

Yes, months ago.

I did install the correct package, but I think there is something wrong with my installation paths, they look like this:

X:\My DAZ 3D Library\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\DAZStudio.exe - my daz studio executable file location

X:\My DAZ 3D Library\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\PostgreSQL CMS\libs\Fisio - location of FisioEngine.dll

X:\My DAZ 3D Library\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\PostgreSQL CMS\plugins - location of abFisio.dll

X:\My DAZ 3D Library\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\PostgreSQL CMS\docs\Plugins\Fisio Physics Simulator

I don't see it in the "about installed plugins" tab, nor do I have a fisio pane to choose to make visible. I do see the soft Bodies in smart tab (materials and prop)

It agree, there is something wrong with your installation paths. 

Could you go to the Applications tab (the one in the image you linked: http://https://pasteboard.co/uBfd5j0qGYAT.jpg) to see what it's the Daz Studio path?

• Alberto said:

dziemian.pawel said:

Alberto said:

dziemian.pawel said:

Thanks for the response.

Yes, months ago.

It agree, there is something wrong with your installation paths. 

Could you go to the Applications tab (the one in the image you linked: http://https://pasteboard.co/uBfd5j0qGYAT.jpg) to see what it's the Daz Studio path?

https://pasteboard.co/prWtk53e5rg5.jpg

edited July 2023

This is the .duf of the bouncing spheres in the demo video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mCc_i0O7zRGAnL_TJ2kKUYZklzTQnZyd/view?usp=sharing

The Sphere and the sphere instances (1), (2), etc. are the rigid bodies. The plane is the soft body.

Some instances are invisible because they have colored spheres nodes parented (these are only to add more colors to the scene, they aren't part of the simulation).

dziemian.pawel said:

You should change the first entry from "X:/My DAZ 3D Library/Applications/64-bit/DAZ 3D/PostgreSQL CMS" to "X:/My DAZ 3D Library/Applications/64-bit/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4". The latter is where your Daz Studio executable is.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,408

Hi, I just wanted to let everyone know that for me at least, the missing second file for the Soft Body Add-on has now shown up in DIM, and I could download it. So I reckon customer service has fixed the problem.

• Alberto said:

dziemian.pawel said:

You should change the first entry from "X:/My DAZ 3D Library/Applications/64-bit/DAZ 3D/PostgreSQL CMS" to "X:/My DAZ 3D Library/Applications/64-bit/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4". The latter is where your Daz Studio executable is.

Worked like I charm! Thank you. I know it's not much, but I will go and buy another plugin of yours that I hadn't planned on buying. Thank you Alvin for making DAZ support great again!

edited July 2023

tsroemi said:

Hi, I just wanted to let everyone know that for me at least, the missing second file for the Soft Body Add-on has now shown up in DIM, and I could download it. So I reckon customer service has fixed the problem.

Wait!

It's not solved yet. I checked and it doesn't work. 

dziemian.pawel said:

Alberto said:

dziemian.pawel said:

Worked like I charm! Thank you. I know it's not much, but I will go and buy another plugin of yours that I hadn't planned on buying. Thank you Alvin for making DAZ support great again!

Glad to help!

Thank you for your support, Dziemian!