[Fisio SB addOn released] Fisio: Physics Simulator

Comments

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,383

mikethe3dguy said:

Alberto said:

Is the scale value constant during simulation? 

Yes: 1.0

Difficult to say from here. From rough measures I can get from the video, the vertical distance that the glass travels from it falls until it brokes is about one-fourth of the vertical distance the fragment travels. And the time it takes the glass during its vertical travel is about half the time the fragments take to hit the floor, as expected in a free-fall.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224

Why is this thread full of Gescon discussion? I find it distracting. How does it relate to Fisio Soft Bodies?

barbult said:

Why is this thread full of Gescon discussion? I find it distracting. How does it relate to Fisio Soft Bodies?

Sorry. blush It's about Fisio (as Fisio and FisioSB share the same thread). Incidentally, it's mentioned Gescon at some points because it was used to get a bunch of fragments used as Rigid bodies.

I see.
  • mikethe3dguymikethe3dguy Posts: 515

Alberto said:

Difficult to say from here. From rough measures I can get from the video, the vertical distance that the glass travels from it falls until it brokes is about one-fourth of the vertical distance the fragment travels. And the time it takes the glass during its vertical travel is about half the time the fragments take to hit the floor, as expected in a free-fall.

Thanks Alberto. I think I'm just going to have to live with it. The distance the glass is falling before it shatters is 12", which should take 1/4 second but it's taking about 2/3 second. Don't see any way to fix it that won't end up screwing up the trajectories of the other glasses that will join it in the final animation, so I'm just going to ignore the problem. It might even end up enhancing the final video, since it's such a sudden and unexpected action that causes the glasses to fall that it gives the viewer extra and possibly needed time to realize what happened. Thanks so much for all your help: it's rare to get this kind of personal assistance from vendors, and I greatly appreciate it, and the quality of your plugins!

barbult said:

Despite the (recently revised I assume) title, this thread started out relating to the original rigid body core Fisio plugin. Now it covers both that and the soft body addition. But the Gescon side-discussion is my fault. Since the questions I had related to both Fisio and his other product Gescon in concert I didn't see a better way to discuss it than in a single forum thread. Apologies!

• My Fisio Core will not register. Not good since I just purchased the soft body plugin. Is there going to be a fix or something?

edited July 2023

bnstone_stone said:

My Fisio Core will not register. Not good since I just purchased the soft body plugin. Is there going to be a fix or something?

Sorry for the inconvenience. DAZ is working on the fix of the installer of the Fisio SB addOn, as they told me. Fisio SB doesn't need registration.

About the registration of Fisio core, which is the main plugin, let's see:

1. Do you have the "Fisio: Physics Simulator" Serial Number in your list at https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/serialnumbers?
    2. Did you install the package "Fisio Physics Simulator for DAZ Studio4.5+ Win 64-bit" (or Mac 64-bit) in the DIM list (or the bitrock installer "87951_FisioPhysicsSimulatorforDAZStudio45Win64bit_1.0.0.0_ds.exe in your Product Library at https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_87951)?
    3. After installation, did you insert the Serial Number in the entry "Fisio" in the list in Daz menu Help -- About installed plugins?

Post edited by Alberto on

mikethe3dguy said:

Alberto said:

Thanks Alberto. I think I'm just going to have to live with it. The distance the glass is falling before it shatters is 12", which should take 1/4 second but it's taking about 2/3 second. Don't see any way to fix it that won't end up screwing up the trajectories of the other glasses that will join it in the final animation, so I'm just going to ignore the problem. It might even end up enhancing the final video, since it's such a sudden and unexpected action that causes the glasses to fall that it gives the viewer extra and possibly needed time to realize what happened. Thanks so much for all your help: it's rare to get this kind of personal assistance from vendors, and I greatly appreciate it, and the quality of your plugins!

You're welcome! 

• AgentAshAgentAsh Posts: 2
    edited July 2023

So maybe I'm a bit less tech-savvy than those who've been doing this a bit longer. I purchased Fisio and SB at the same time for Mac and unfortunately installed them both at the same time. I have Fisio working and have tried to uninstall / reinstall Fisio SB many times, but I do not see Fisio SB in my list of available panels. Does anyone have any suggestions or step by step instructions maybe for someone who doesn't understand all the backend and just wants to start playing with the product so I can get up and running? I'm used to playing with numbers and complex settings to get crazy cool results with dForce and Fluidos, but in this case I can't even begin. Help please!

Post edited by AgentAsh on

AgentAsh said:

So maybe I'm a bit less tech-savvy than those who've been doing this a bit longer. I purchased Fisio and SB at the same time for Mac and unfortunately installed them both at the same time. I have Fisio working and have tried to uninstall / reinstall Fisio SB many times, but I do not see Fisio SB in my list of available panels. Does anyone have any suggestions or step by step instructions maybe for someone who doesn't understand all the backend and just wants to start playing with the product so I can get up and running? I'm used to playing with numbers and complex settings to get crazy cool results with dForce and Fluidos, but in this case I can't even begin. Help please!

No, it's not your fault at all. Currently, the FisioSB installer isn't working. DAZ is working on solving the problem, we're waiting. 

In the meantime. there is a method to fix the installation of Fisio SB, if you want to try it: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8266531/#Comment_8266531

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• bnstone_stonebnstone_stone Posts: 79
    edited July 2023

Alberto said:

bnstone_stone said:

My Fisio Core will not register. Not good since I just purchased the soft body plugin. Is there going to be a fix or something?

Sorry for the inconvenience. DAZ is working on the fix of the installer of the Fisio SB addOn, as they told me. Fisio SB doesn't need registration.

1. Do you have the "Fisio: Physics Simulator" Serial Number in your list at https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/serialnumbers?
    2. Did you install the package "Fisio Physics Simulator for DAZ Studio4.5+ Win 64-bit" (or Mac 64-bit) in the DIM list (or the bitrock installer "87951_FisioPhysicsSimulatorforDAZStudio45Win64bit_1.0.0.0_ds.exe in your Product Library at https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_87951)?
    3. After installation, did you insert the Serial Number in the entry "Fisio" in the list in Daz menu Help -- About installed plugins?

I installed through DIM, UNINSTA.LED, then I reinstalled and found the serial in my serials list, entered it and still got the same result. 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

bnstone_stone said:

Alberto said:

bnstone_stone said:

I installed through DIM, UNINSTA.LED, then I reinstalled and found the serial in my serials list, entered it and still got the same result. 

If you go to the Daz Menu Window -- Panes (Tabs), after installing Fisio and registering in Daz menu Help -- About installed plugins, you can see "Fisio" in the list or you cannot? You won't see FisioSB, this is the current with installation problems.

Could you post a screenshot of your list in Help -- About installed plugins near the "F" and the list in your Window -- Panes (Tabs) (using google drive, dropbox, or something similar)? If not, send me a PM and I give you my email so you can send me the images.

edited July 2023

If, in the meantime, anyone wants to install FisioSB by downloading manually the FisioSB package, I created a script that fixes this package:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oE57cnhK9khOvT2u-NSBMnXf4iL-TKoa/view?usp=sharing

The procedure is this:

1. Go to your Product Library: https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_90849
    2. Download the file IM00090849-02_FisioSBSoftBodiesAddOnWin64.zip (or the IM00090849-03_FisioSBSoftBodiesAddOnMac64.zip as appropriate) to an empty folder. You can download it directly with the DIM, in this case, move the package to any empty folder you wish.
    3. Execute the script in Daz Studio. Locate the zip you just downloaded.
    4. When the script finishes, delete the temp subfolder. The installer is fixed.
    5. Copy or move the fixed package to the DIM downloads folder (In DIM), you can locate it in "Package Archive" in the Basic Settings).
    6. Open the DIM and install the "Fisio SB: Soft Bodies AddOn WIN64" (or "Fisio SB: Soft Bodies AddOn Mac64") as usual. 
    7. You don't need to register the Fisio addOn. You'll see the pane in the Daz Studio menu Window -- Panes (Tabs) as "FisioSB".

Here you can see how to locate the DIM settings: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12lxN33BgdRR7wMr9If4X3SnU9vge3-mT/view?usp=drive_link

Post edited by Alberto on
  • Alberto said:

If, in the meantime, anyone wants to install FisioSB by downloading manually the FisioSB package, I created a script that fixes this package:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oE57cnhK9khOvT2u-NSBMnXf4iL-TKoa/view?usp=sharing

The procedure is this:

1. Go to your Product Library: https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_90849
    2. Download the file IM00090849-02_FisioSBSoftBodiesAddOnWin64.zip (or the IM00090849-03_FisioSBSoftBodiesAddOnMac64.zip as appropriate) to an empty folder. You can download it directly with the DIM, in this case, move the package to an empty folder.
    5. Copy or move the fixed package to the DIM downloads folder (In DIM), you can locate it in "Package Archive" in the Basic Settings).
    6. Open the DIM and install the "Fisio SB: Soft Bodies AddOn WIN64" (or "Fisio SB: Soft Bodies AddOn Mac64") as usual. 
    7. You don't need to register the Fisio addOn. You'll see the pane in the Daz Studio menu Window -- Panes (Tabs) as "FisioSB".

Here you can see how to locate the DIM settings: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12lxN33BgdRR7wMr9If4X3SnU9vge3-mT/view?usp=drive_link

Thanks for the fix, but I still don't have the FisioSb tab in my windows(panes) menu though.

• 4andyz4andyz Posts: 18

dziemian.pawel said:

Alberto said:

The procedure is this:

2. Download the file IM00090849-02_FisioSBSoftBodiesAddOnWin64.zip (or the IM00090849-03_FisioSBSoftBodiesAddOnMac64.zip as appropriate) to an empty folder. You can download it directly with the DIM, in this case, move the package to an empty folder.

Thanks for the fix, but I still don't haWhereve the FisioSb tab in my windows(panes) menu though.

Where shell we place this empty folder???

• 4andyz4andyz Posts: 18

OK I just placed it on the desktop. All went well. I can see FisioSB in the pane. will test it now

dziemian.pawel said:

Alberto said:

The procedure is this:

Thanks for the fix, but I still don't have the FisioSb tab in my windows(panes) menu though.

Could you check inside your folder "X:/My DAZ 3D Library/Applications/64-bit/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4", please?

1. The subfolder "/4studioAppDirDataOk" shouldn't be there.
    2. And inside the "/plugins" subfolder you should see these files: "abFisio.dll" (the main plugin)  and "abFisioSB.dll" (the AddOn). 

If the two tests fail, check the "IM00090849-02_FisioSBSoftBodiesAddOnWin64.zip" that it's inside your DIM downloads folder. Try to open the file only to see the interior. 

1. You should see inside two files and a folder "DAZ Studio_4.5;4.x Public Build;4.x Publishing Build_(64-Bit)"
    2. Inside this folder, you shouldn't see the subfolder "/4studioAppDirDataOk"

If this test fails, the package in the DIM downloads folder is the wrong one, it's not fixed yet. Retry the procedure at https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8269231/#Comment_8269231. If you have doubts about it, let me know, please.

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,152

Any further details on how to apply this to a figure like shown here...

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Any further details on how to apply this to a figure like shown here...

I selected the facets of the nose and set Shell as the Body elements type. Instead of using the hand of the woman, I used a proxy (it's faster), a rigid-body sphere, and push it against the nose.

The Young modulus of the Material is 0.005.

The installers are updated.

They work now.

• vzxvzx Posts: 8

Hello, thank you for releasing a great plugin.
    I have been able to use Limbstick (by 3D Universe) without any problems, but after installing the Fisio Soft Bodies Addon, I get an error when running Limbstick.
    ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "abFisioSB.dll"

vzx said:

Hello, thank you for releasing a great plugin.
    I have been able to use Limbstick (by 3D Universe) without any problems, but after installing the Fisio Soft Bodies Addon, I get an error when running Limbstick.
    ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "abFisioSB.dll"

Could you describe the scene you try with Limbstick when the error occurred, please?

Fisio SB plugin has been updated again in DIM. I think it is correct this time. However I had already installed with the original correct installer from the Product Library, so I can't be sure that the new DIM installer included everthing necessary.

barbult said:

Fisio SB plugin has been updated again in DIM. I think it is correct this time. However I had already installed with the original correct installer from the Product Library, so I can't be sure that the new DIM installer included everthing necessary.

The fixed installer includes all the same files as the correct one of the Product Library. You can reinstall it without harm, but it's not necessary to do it.

Alberto said:

barbult said:

The fixed installer includes all the same files as the correct one of the Product Library. You can reinstall it without harm, but it's not necessary to do it.

Thanks for the confirmation.

• kwanniekwannie Posts: 865
    edited July 2023

I am having issues getting Fisio Physics Simulator to work, below are all the symtoms I get, What could be causing this? Thank you!

After clicking Run simulation
     2 dialogue box's appear that state

1st box:

DS DAZ Studio
    Simulation Running
    [progress bar that shows the percentage complete]
    : however percentage never advances past 1%

2nd box:
    DS Error
             The specified module could not be found
                          [ok]

After clicking ok on second box, another dialogue box appears stating

DS Error
    Can't load FisioEngine.dll at E:My DAZ 3D Library/Applications/64-bit/DAZ
    3D/DAZStudio4/libs/Fisio/FisioEngine.dll
                                     [ok]

After clicking ok on this box, I get a final dialogue box stating

DS Error
       Can't load Fisio engine
                [ok]

I do have a Fisio Pane that shows up in DS and I made sure that Serial number entered in
    About installed Plugins

Post edited by kwannie on
    edited July 2023

Alberto,

For that Fisio (rigid body) setup with the shattering glasses, I got a chance to try it in my actual scene file using the full 11 glasses instead of the one I was experimenting with. So in this case I'm not using just primitives anymore but mostly regular Daz objects: Genesis 8 figure and props, etc. No Gescon-fragmented glasses involved yet. All I'm trying to do now is just simulate the glasses themselves getting knocked off the bar by the object that hits them (the butt of a Genesis 8 male). I expected this part to go smoothly but was surprised at the behavior. This is just at precision level 1 and all pane settings at default at this point.

The problems:

1. The glasses started falling when the G8M was still several inches away from the glasses, and in nearly random directions, so: well before they were struck by anything.
    2. A couple glasses and one other object flew TOWARDS the G8M figure and past it, moving in the direction opposite to the direction they would have moved had they been struck by  the G8M
    3. Several of the glasses sank into the bar that they were sitting on, dropping through it.

So: random weirdness. I first ran the simulation with all items in my scene visible, then after I got strange results, tried again after hiding all non-essential items (nodes), but got the same result.

What is going on?

The G8M figure is using the Convex Hull collision shape. The bar is set to Box (though it's not a simple rectangular shape) and all the glasses are Cylinder. No force nodes, no link nodes, nothing animated except the G8M (or cube).

Edit: Tried substituting the G8M figure with a primitive cube set to Box collision type, but got identical results. Then I hid the cube in the scene, so theoretically there are no object collisions occuring. I ran the simulation, and after 3-4 frames the glasses jumped up off the bar and my one non-glass object sank through the bar. All simulation objects are "assigned" and all objects assigned have material nodes.

Post edited by mikethe3dguy on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,903

Does anybody has succeded to create some decent soft bodies simulations,

besides the author of AddOn?

kwannie said:

I am having issues getting Fisio Physics Simulator to work, below are all the symtoms I get, What could be causing this? Thank you!

After clicking Run simulation
     2 dialogue box's appear that state

1st box:

DS DAZ Studio
    Simulation Running
    [progress bar that shows the percentage complete]
    : however percentage never advances past 1%

2nd box:
    DS Error
             The specified module could not be found
                          [ok]

After clicking ok on second box, another dialogue box appears stating

DS Error
    Can't load FisioEngine.dll at E:My DAZ 3D Library/Applications/64-bit/DAZ
    3D/DAZStudio4/libs/Fisio/FisioEngine.dll
                                     [ok]

After clicking ok on this box, I get a final dialogue box stating

DS Error
       Can't load Fisio engine
                [ok]

I do have a Fisio Pane that shows up in DS and I made sure that Serial number entered in
    About installed Plugins

Were you trying to run the Fisio main plugin?

Check the installation folder of DAZ Studio (usually "/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4"). You should the subfolder "/libs/Fisio". Inside this, verify if there are the following files: FisioEngine.dll, ChronoEngine_multicore.dll, and ChronoEngine.dll. If not, try to reinstall the plugin. If you have more trouble, let me know, please.