[Fisio SB addOn released] Fisio: Physics Simulator

Comments

• Yes, mine appeared - not sure when as it was buried in the middle of the list, though I had mostly been doing an in-page search as a guard against that.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,861
    edited December 2022

Trying to find out, how many instances I can simulate with the box collider.

One box + 750 instances of it.

boxes02sim02pic02.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 618K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

Someone spilled some cargo.

edited December 2022

Thanks for the comments.

Another experiment: one box + 1620 instances of it.

boxes02sim04pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 598K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 2022

Added an obstacle to the simulation...

boxes02sim05pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 601K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Nice work as usual.

Thanks a lot.

I really enjoy Fisio simulations and try to reuse scenes setup.

edited December 2022

I've been playing with draping and breaking chains with Fisio. Here is a scene showing one example. 

Fisio Chain Break.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 698K
    Post edited by RGcincy on
    edited December 2022

Tested some ideas for Fisio simulation on props from:

https://www.daz3d.com/ancient-ruins--lost-civilization

Simulated drop of the rings.

Ancient01sc03pic04.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 495K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 2022

... dropped boxes on the foot...

boxes02sim06pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 720K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Artini said:

Tested some ideas for Fisio simulation on props from:

https://www.daz3d.com/ancient-ruins--lost-civilization

Simulated drop of the rings.

Tottering towers of Hanoi

edited December 2022

Thanks for the comment, Richard.

I am trying to find out, what else I can do with Fisio simulations.

Post edited by Artini on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158
    Keep going @Artini. I'm enjoying your inspirational experiments.
    edited December 2022

Thanks a lot, @barbult.

Fisio simulation of the sticks.

Ancient02sc02pic07.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 712K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 2022

Ornaments checkout...

Ornaments01sc07pic05.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 782K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 2022

I was able to simulate a cannon firing. I only have screen grabs right now so will have to figure out a good way to post a video (ETA: posted below now). Full set of side view and POV photos on my Fisio thread in Commons.

ETA: Below are animated versions of the two cameras. In the POV camera, the sphere does not rotate so I'll have to figure that out next).

• Huh...the bottom of the sphere appears to have dropped into the floor (POV camera). Am I seeing this right?

wwtravis said:

Huh...the bottom of the sphere appears to have dropped into the floor (POV camera). Am I seeing this right?

Yes, it does. But that may come from using a plane as the floor or the Fisio Material settings as later it rises up.

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382

RGcincy said:

wwtravis said:

Huh...the bottom of the sphere appears to have dropped into the floor (POV camera). Am I seeing this right?

Yes, it does. But that may come from using a plane as the floor or the Fisio Material settings as later it rises up.

Some advice:

• Better to use a Cube primitive as the floor. Planes, by themselves, aren't recognized by the Engine; the plugin internally transforms the plane into a thin box, but it's only a crude fix.
    • And if you add Friction to the Fisio Materials, the ball will rotate instead of sliding on the floor.

I added another Fision Force node to the sphere with a slight amount of torque to get rotation. In a real cannon this is done by rifiling in the barrel which imparts a spin. I also had to change the way I did the camera, as when it is parented to the sphere as I had before it spins around with it and doesn't show the spin of the ball.

edited December 2022

Nicely done.

Below is my simulation with the recent freebie.

Ornaments02sc09pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 486K
    Post edited by Artini on

barbult said:

Keep going @Artini. I'm enjoying your inspirational experiments.

Me too! 

Thanks, @Alberto. I am enjoying playing with Fisio a lot.

edited December 2022

Alberto said:

Some advice:

• Better to use a Cube primitive as the floor. Planes, by themselves, aren't recognized by the Engine; the plugin internally transforms the plane into a thin box, but it's only a crude fix.
    • And if you add Friction to the Fisio Materials, the ball will rotate instead of sliding on the floor.

I replaced the floor with a cube but get the same imbedding of the sphere part-way into the surface. I varied density on the floor but the result did not change.

I split out the material zones, one each for sphere, wall, and floor. Friction added to sphere and floor and the ball now rolls (it still does not rotate during flight but as I've shown, I can use torque to create that effect.) You do need friction on both surfaces as if just on one it still slides.

Where is the torque setting you describe, Richard?

RGcincy said:

I replaced the floor with a cube but get the same imbedding of the sphere part-way into the surface. I varied density on the floor but the result did not change.

I split out the material zones, one each for sphere, wall, and floor. Friction added to sphere and floor and the ball now rolls (it still does not rotate during flight but as I've shown, I can use torque to create that effect.) You do need friction on both surfaces as if just on one it still slides.

Increase the precision or increase the FPS in the timeline or decrease the scale to avoid the overlapping of the sphere on the ground.

But, in this case, if you set a non-zero value in the bounciness of all Fisio Materials (maybe 0.1) to get a more realistic behavior, it also solves the overlapping without changing precision.

barbult said:

He added a torque type of Fisio Force active only in the ball.

barbult said:

It's one of the Force types. In this case I have applied it only to the sphere, at a very low level, acting locally so it spins the sphere on its center of mass. The other type of force I'm using is directional but it only applies for the first 3 frames.

Thank you both.

Alberto said:

Increase the precision or increase the FPS in the timeline or decrease the scale to avoid the overlapping of the sphere on the ground.

But, in this case, if you set a non-zero value in the bounciness of all Fisio Materials (maybe 0.1) to get a more realistic behavior, it also solves the overlapping without changing precision.

Thanks, Precision 2 did the trick.  Precision 3 and 4 still gave some overlap of the sphere with the ground but not to the extent Precision 1 had. Changing bounciness did not remove overlap at all in this case.