[Released] ManFriday's Render Queue 3 [Commercial]

Comments

• rcduncan667 said:

ManFriday said:

rcduncan667 said:

ManFriday said:

rcduncan667 said:

I've been using the original Render Queue for a couple years now. Has this version solved the "Install Gen 8 essentials files" bug?

I would get it if I save a file I was working on and it was in the queue, then it would show up for every... single... render after that. The only fix I found was to re-open every file in the queue, save them after "installing" the missing files, then restart the queue.

Thank you.

I'm sorry, this is the first time I'm hearing about this. It sounds like Daz Studio pops up that message when then Render Queue loads a scene because it thinks your genesis 8 essentials are not installed, but there is something in the scene file that requires it. (Basically any Genesis figure.)

Render Queue itself certainly does not show that message. I'm not sure how to fix that because it sounds like your Daz Studio files are not installed correctly. Have you tried reinstalling the various Genesis essentials via DIM?

Thank you for getting back to me. I've done complete re-installs twice. As long as I don't save a file after I've added it to the queue, it's fine. It's only when I save it after I've added it to the queue does this error occur. The error itself isn't a RenderQueue error, but it only happens if I try to open a file if I've saved it after adding it. Then, it affects every scene that's queued until I re-install the "missing" files on all the scenes and re-save them. (I've had to reload 57 scenes in one session before.)

I saw this line in the RenderQueue 3 description. "6. The Render Queue can automatically dismiss Daz Studio error messages (e.g. "missing files") during scene load to be able to keep going unattended instead of waiting for you to click a button." That's why I wanted to ask if this fixes the error I was getting.

Thank you.

It does sound like a really annoying problem, and I wish I had an answer to fix it, or even a way to reproduce it, but I've never seen that message.

Regarding the Render Queue, if you scroll up a bit to this post https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7837641/#Comment_7837641, I have attached the PDF user manual to it. On page 10, under "Suppressing Daz Studio error messages", there is a list of four error windows that the Render Queue recognizes and hides automatically. If your error has the "Missing files" heading in the title bar (or one of the others), then the Render Queue might be able to dismiss it.

Daz has a 30-day refund policy, you can try if the new Render Queue does what you want and if it doesn't, get your money back. https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003500163-What-is-Daz-3D-refund-policy-

I just wanted to let you know that RQ3 does, in fact, ignore the missing Gen 8 essentials window. I was able to render 32 images without any hiccups. (Just straight-forward 2560x1440 HD .pngs.)

Thank you!

Cool. I'm glad it works! Thank you for reporting back.

• I bought the last version but have not used it yet because I read that where was a couple of issues and an update was coming. (I could be wrong though.)

Then Render Que 3 was released under a month later LOL

I guess I`ll never know how Render Que worked out. But it`s all good, as it was uncharacteristicly an impulese buy and not something I really needed

All the Mesh Grabber stuff works great for me though :)

• ManFriday said:

jesusaramenes said:

DoctorJellybean said:

jesusaramenes said:

Hello,

is there a "use selected render setting" option ?

I had already asked the question on the first "render queue" that you had published and I take the liberty of asking again because it's an important option for me, thanks

That is saved in the scene being rendered.

I'm not sure I understand, I'm using a translator but if I understand correctly, I know that the settings are recorded with the scene but the ability to choose the render settings in "render queue" for example allows not to have to modify an animation of 300 frames one by one in case we decide to change the render settings

The doc is right, by default, the Render Queue uses the render settings that were saved with the scene. This is true for the old and the new Render Queue.

The new Render Queue 3 has a new feature though: you can ask the Render Queue to load render settings (or any other Daz Studio file) after it has loaded the scene, but before the scene is rendered. This is called "Pre-render asset loading" and is described on page 6 of the PDF manual. If you save a render settings preset and add it to scenes in the queue via the scene settings dialog (select scenes and press the "Edit" button), you can add such preset files for the selected scenes.

Nice ;) thank you
  • I'm using Daz Studio 4.21, I was able to set up a Queue last month and it worked great. This time, I keep getting stuck on the 2nd countdown, the one that is used for the scene to settle down. It also says processing image: IBL4-15.exr. How can I bypass the countdown automatically?

• dogcatdogcat Posts: 48

This plugin is terrific. Thank you! Making me so productive.

Is there a way to render the scene directly to a file?

Currently, you can see the image rendering.

• I look forward to when this plugin works correctly, but currently I can't get it to work right. Only the first render saves after the render is complete, the other renders in my queue run but never save. It won't render all cameras, only the perspective view. Isn't initiating the Daz3d shut down, only starts the script that eventually force kills the task, I know its not initiating the shut down because I can manually close Daz without a problem while the countdown is still going.

I've gone back to the old plugin while I wait for updates to this one. I definitely like this one more, so I'm hoping it doesn't take long to find the bugs and get them worked out.

• Goulding said:

I look forward to when this plugin works correctly, but currently I can't get it to work right. Only the first render saves after the render is complete, the other renders in my queue run but never save. It won't render all cameras, only the perspective view. Isn't initiating the Daz3d shut down, only starts the script that eventually force kills the task, I know its not initiating the shut down because I can manually close Daz without a problem while the countdown is still going.

I've gone back to the old plugin while I wait for updates to this one. I definitely like this one more, so I'm hoping it doesn't take long to find the bugs and get them worked out.

What does the DS log say when the 1st render has completed\saved and the subsequent renders in the queue?

• "The best", the "most wanted" and the "most-useful-tool" for me!

The only function I miss: Edit MAX SAMPLES and Edit MAX TIME (SEC.) for every picture / for all pics in the queue ...then the software is perfect!

• One of the best tools for DAZ. Only one function I miss: edit the for all in queue MAX SAMPLES and MAX TIME SEC.

That would be the "most wanted function" for me!

• Ghost said:

One of the best tools for DAZ. Only one function I miss: edit the for all in queue MAX SAMPLES and MAX TIME SEC.

That is set individually in each scene.

• DoctorJellybean said:

but it would still be very helpful if you have e.g. 500 scenes and don't want to change them all individually...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Ghost said:

One of the best tools for DAZ. Only one function I miss: edit the for all in queue MAX SAMPLES and MAX TIME SEC.

The RiverSoftArt Render Doctor has that capability. It has a more complex user interface, so ManFriday's Render Queue is my preferred queuing product, but each product has it's strengths.

• Lev_cLev_c Posts: 44
    edited December 2022

EDIT- answered my own moronic question

Post edited by Lev_c on
  • Ghost_3515171 said:

DoctorJellybean said:

but it would still be very helpful if you have e.g. 500 scenes and don't want to change them all individually...

With the Render Queue 3, you can ask the Render Queue to load render settings (or any other Daz Studio file) after it has loaded the scene, but before the scene is rendered. This is called "Pre-render asset loading" and is described on page 6 of the PDF manual. If you save a render settings preset with the max samples etc. settings you described and add it to scenes in the queue via the scene settings dialog (select scenes and press the "Edit" button), you can add such preset files for all selected scenes (even 500).

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7863566/#Comment_7863566

• Goulding said:

I look forward to when this plugin works correctly, but currently I can't get it to work right. Only the first render saves after the render is complete, the other renders in my queue run but never save. It won't render all cameras, only the perspective view. Isn't initiating the Daz3d shut down, only starts the script that eventually force kills the task, I know its not initiating the shut down because I can manually close Daz without a problem while the countdown is still going.

Sorry for the delay, I'm taking a look at it!

• deepblueXXXXdeepblueXXXX Posts: 11
    edited January 2023

ManFriday said:

barbult said:

Mistress Elemental said:

BTW, I "think" I may have found something that is a possible oversight, but I need to confirm it. I think the logic may be counting the icon and tip renders towards the number of items to render limit before restarting. I thought I saw it restart Daz too soon and it did this right after it rendered the image, but not the icon/tip, but I may have just not been paying attention fully. I will let you know if it is in fact doing this once I start my queue before bed.

Thanks again, loving the changes so far!

The icon and tip are each separate renders. They are just small size image renders saved in the scene file location. So it makes sense to me that each would be counted in the number of renders before restart. If you are rendering tip and icon for each queue entry and don't want Daz to restart between them, maybe you need to multiply your number of renders before restart by 3. Or maybe ManFriday has a different idea about this situation.

Thank you for answering this, barbult, and you are exactly right. The Render Queue counts renders, not scenes, when it comes to restarting Daz Studio. The reason for this is that it is the rendering that can cause memory issues, not the scene loading.

Dear ManFriday

Please let me come back to the question of "What causes memory problems?".

==> Would it be possible (as a potential "feature request") to add a second counter for the scenes as well? Thus making it possible to restart DAZ after every scene (or a given number of scenes), not after a certain number of renders? [And would this make any sense?]

In my typical workflow, I create scenes with many cameras from all kind of different angles and with differnt focal lengths, DOF/focal settings etc, often 50 or more....
    Being able to render these out in "batch-mode" previously with RQ2 and now RQ3, while naming the resulting files in a meaningful way (appending the camera name), is fantastic and has completely "turbocharged" my workflow!
    Many thanks for such a fantastic tool - I just today purchased RQ3, since the feature to skip the restart will pay for itself of through time savings and saving of electrical power by not restarting ;-)

However, some scenes I created and rendered manually in the past, indeed seemed to ultimately lead to memory issues and I had to restart DAZ - due to "memory leak" type of issues, I suppose.
    What to my current experience has not (in a clearly identitifiable way) led to DAZ failing, was changing camera views and rerendering. [Not saying it does not, just I cannot attribute any failure to that directly]

From a workflow perspective, I would fully support the "conservative" approach to restart DAZ regularly, to prevent memory leaks from leading to a crash.
    But since my renders typically take only <180 Seconds on a RTX2080Ti/11GB card (100 Iray iterations@4K, and that is on my slow machine used for batch rendering only) and the "Shutdown, Wait, Restart, Load, Settle" process takes much longer, I would prefer to have the option to schedule such DAZ restart ideally after finishing a scene and before moving to the next, not in the middle of a sequence of the same scene.

So having the option to use a scene counter to trigger restart would seem to make some sense, at least for my use-case and it certainly would not "hurt" anybody I presume.

Currently I'm test-driving RQ3 to see how long it will run before crashing DAZ, to be able to provide some statistics if required to justify this case.

Best regards,
    Guido

Post edited by deepblueXXXX on
  • kitaguchi.t7kitaguchi.t7 Posts: 1
    edited January 2023

When using Render Queue 3, the maximum shooting time set (Max Time(secs)) for each scene is ignored.
    Is this a specification?

PS: There is no problem saving the rendering.

pdf
    pdf
    Pic.pdf
    Post edited by kitaguchi.t7 on
  • Just posting to chime in and say that I'm having the same issue as some people have already noted where the renders don't save.

Happens on my much larger scenes where there are numerous characters that push the full capacity of my 24GB of VRAM, but the smaller ones seem to work much more consistently. Seems like when it hangs as it clears the scene which is just normal for DAZ to do it somehow misses out on saving the render? Just from an observation.

I've gone back to using the previous version but the new functionality of this one would be nice to use, I just can't use it currently as it is painful to render for a lengthy time period and have it not save.

Hopefully this can be addressed.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,801

2023-01-23 18:16:44.194 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: 94.39% of image converged
    2023-01-23 18:16:45.376 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: Received update to 14101 iterations after 21917.810s.
    2023-01-23 18:16:55.219 [INFO] :: Saved image: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\render\r.png
    2023-01-23 18:16:55.232 [INFO] :: Finished Rendering
    2023-01-23 18:16:56.243 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Device statistics:
    2023-01-23 18:16:56.243 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend info : CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER): 14101 iterations, 6.561s init, 21916.533s render
    2023-01-23 18:16:58.406 [INFO] :: Rendering image

----

I just had it AGAIN... I waited 6hours that the scene get done and... I saw it live that it was fine, canceld manually and... checked the log file, its not saved to the wanted location, Camera 1+2 worked correct (camera 1 got also manually canceld, because I was there).

I had the same issue a week ago, did render over night, camera 1+2 was fine, camera 4+5 are not saved and camera 6 was currently in progress or something similar...

The electric bill goes up, but no result...

• So, I encountered an unusual issue that I thought I'd mention. I have some renders where a g3m figure has his head resting on a "pillow". For the pillow, I've applied subd 3 as well as smoothing and collision modifiers (the latter directed towards the g3m model). These images render perfectly when I trigger the render manually BUT when I run them through RenderQueue, the pillow clips the figure's ear.

I have no idea what's going on and am working around it -- this is the first time I've noticing anything like this in 2+ years of using RenderQueue -- but thought I'd mention it.

edited January 2023

croll said:

So, I encountered an unusual issue that I thought I'd mention. I have some renders where a g3m figure has his head resting on a "pillow". For the pillow, I've applied subd 3 as well as smoothing and collision modifiers (the latter directed towards the g3m model). These images render perfectly when I trigger the render manually BUT when I run them through RenderQueue, the pillow clips the figure's ear.

I have no idea what's going on and am working around it -- this is the first time I've noticing anything like this in 2+ years of using RenderQueue -- but thought I'd mention it.

I had this problem with old Renderqueque and thats why I stopped using it, the old (version 1) did NOT use the Mesh smoothing when it renders, it simply disables it. I did try to lock the option "mesh smoothing ON", but it did not helped.

I think render Queque 3 does solve this, but as you may see the last 2 posts.... (mine included) Render q. 3 , does love to waste hours of time (and electric cost...) and then saves it just as temp file, which get overwritten with the next camera.

What you have to do is, use the spot render tool, enable the smoothing again and spotrender all smoothed parts.... very frustrating.

Post edited by Loony on
  • duckbombduckbomb Posts: 585

Is there a size limitation to the renders?  I set the scenes to render at 11000 x 8000 and it ran all night rendering like 7 files.  This morning, though, there's nothing in the output directory and only the tooltip/icon files in the source directory.

Where can I find the renders if they aren't located in the "output" directory I defined?

• As I recall 10,000 is the limit.

• duckbombduckbomb Posts: 585

Richard Haseltine said:

As I recall 10,000 is the limit.

Gotcha!  OK, thank you, Richard!

It seemed so from some of the other comments here, but it's good to see a definitive number placed on it.  It's unfortunate, but it is what it is, I know I'm a bit of an outlier here.

THanks!!!

• Hi!!!

I bought it the other day.
    1 was very good I owned.
    I purchased 3 to increase the work efficiency of video creation.
    You can render several scenes overnight!

But a problem has occurred!

After the rendering start, the process 2 settles down will be skipped.
    Even if it is 30 seconds or 60 seconds, it will be completely skipped.

Do you have any plans for correction?

thanks!

• NMENME Posts: 3

So, like someone else posted earlier but got no response, the program keeps hanging on step 2. The only way to bypass is manual, which defeats the purpose of this program. Does anyone have any insight as to how to fix this issue? It will stay stuck at 0 seconds until manually bypassed

• scyhocescyhoce Posts: 69

Hello thank you for the product. I only had minor problems with it, I wish there was a cooldown time when the queue moves to the next fram in animation mode. Sometimes the smooth modifier would take more time to take in effect than the queue starts to render the next frame, which reults in the queue rendering a frame that doesn't have the smoothing modifier applied to it. 

scyhoce said:

Hello thank you for the product. I only had minor problems with it, I wish there was a cooldown time when the queue moves to the next fram in animation mode. Sometimes the smooth modifier would take more time to take in effect than the queue starts to render the next frame, which reults in the queue rendering a frame that doesn't have the smoothing modifier applied to it. 

See my attachment, I would recommend to try increasing this sliders, you can find that options on the right top of the Render Queque, right over "Browse..." maybe that helps, I did never try to render a animation with it :)

oa5RZ7ASki.png
    397 x 197 - 10K
  • zwalravenzwalraven Posts: 10

Will this work with 4.16.03? I know it says 4.21, but a lot of products do that work with 4.16.03, and while I love the idea of this render queue. If I have to give up ghost lights I'll stick with the old one.

• I was using the previous version without a problem untill a few days ago it stopped working. For some reason unknown to me the restart batch file doesn't run. When the script finishes the first render it usually opens a cmd window and closes daz, now daz stays open and no  cmd window appears. The batch file is still created in the windows/temp folder. I tried the new version (the 3th) and after the render finishes is see my countdown timer (picture 3) but when that finishes picture 4 shows up, any idea's on how i can fix one or both problems? Many thanks.