[Released] ManFriday's Render Queue 3 [Commercial]

12346»

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,157

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

So, any clues about why DIM didn't install it into the beta, when DIM said it shold have?

Was the beta installed when the plug-in was installed?

That's a question for @G3Renderworks.

• Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

So, any clues about why DIM didn't install it into the beta, when DIM said it shold have?

The plugin was already installed when I installed the beta. Some stuff was working out of the box but others, like this and mesh grabber, didn't. 

G3Renderworks said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

The plugin was already installed when I installed the beta. Some stuff was working out of the box but others, like this and mesh grabber, didn't. 

The beta needs to be installed before the plugin, so DIM has a place to put the plugin for the beta. If you installed the plugins before you had ever installed a beta, that would explain why the plugin was not available in the beta, because when you installed the plugin, there was no DAZStudio4 Public Build directory on your computer for DIM to put the plugin into. Reinstalling the plugin with DIM after installing the beta should have worked.

• barbult said:

G3Renderworks said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

The beta needs to be installed before the plugin, so DIM has a place to put the plugin for the beta. If you installed the plugins before you had ever installed a beta, that would explain why the plugin was not available in the beta, because when you installed the plugin, there was no DAZStudio4 Public Build directory on your computer for DIM to put the plugin into. Reinstalling the plugin with DIM after installing the beta should have worked.

I didn't even think to try because that's what I did with mesh grabber and it still didn't work. It only worked after there was a beta update. 

G3Renderworks said:

barbult said:

G3Renderworks said:

I didn't even think to try because that's what I did with mesh grabber and it still didn't work. It only worked after there was a beta update. 

That's a mystery. At least you got it resolved now.

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 549

Loony said:

Hey, I just used Renderqueue again and... WHY does the plugin DISABLE my Mesh smoother!? WHY. I mean... what is the reason for it? It's so frustrating, I have to rerender that parts every time...

Just tried it again, prepared a scene, did press render and saw instantly, that the clothes have holes, because the mesh smoother would fix that, but the script does disable it... Even when the scene was loaded since 1hour and all should be fine, the script does deactivate it?!

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7774891/#Comment_7774891

You released a new product, opend your hands to get again money and ignore this... WHY? Even 1 year ago, I mentionied it.

Since you mentioned this in the Seamster thread, I found this post now but it seems that nobody except you is having this problem. This is why I didn't reply before. I use the Render Queue for all my renders myself and would surely have noticed the problem.

If there is a step-by-step scenario that I can try to reproduce, or maybe post a simple sample scene here that doesn't use any exotic products that I can try to load myself, I can have a look.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,801
    ManFriday said:

Loony said:

Hey, I just used Renderqueue again and... WHY does the plugin DISABLE my Mesh smoother!? WHY. I mean... what is the reason for it? It's so frustrating, I have to rerender that parts every time...

Just tried it again, prepared a scene, did press render and saw instantly, that the clothes have holes, because the mesh smoother would fix that, but the script does disable it... Even when the scene was loaded since 1hour and all should be fine, the script does deactivate it?!

You released a new product, opend your hands to get again money and ignore this... WHY? Even 1 year ago, I mentionied it.

Since you mentioned this in the Seamster thread, I found this post now but it seems that nobody except you is having this problem. This is why I didn't reply before. I use the Render Queue for all my renders myself and would surely have noticed the problem.

If there is a step-by-step scenario that I can try to reproduce, or maybe post a simple sample scene here that doesn't use any exotic products that I can try to load myself, I can have a look.

Hi, I have it generally with all scenes.
  • Loony said:

ManFriday said:

Loony said:

It would really be more helpful if you could name at least one clothing item which exhibits the problem.

DoctorJellybean said:

Loony said:

ManFriday said:

Loony said:

It would really be more helpful if you could name at least one clothing item which exhibits the problem.

It happend to every clothing inside my Daz version.

edited February 18

TLDR version: I see no problem with Render Queue 3 and Mesh Grabber in 4.22.1.74 Public Build.

I'm using Render Queue 3 in Windows 10 and DS version 4.22.1.74 Public Build (beta). I don't have any version as old as 4.20 installed to test with. I loaded Twiggant and the G9 Base Shirt. There is a huge amount of poke through because Twiggant is a very exaggerated shape. I saved the scene. Then I used Mesh Grabber to conquer the poke through. I saved a second scene. I queued both scenes up in Render Queue 3 and rendered the queue. I also rendered the scene with Mesh Grabber without Render Queue 3, just normal render. There was no problem. The Mesh Grabber scene rendered with Render Queue 3 was exactly like the scene rendered with the normal Daz render.

G9 Base Shirt on Twiggant - no Mesh Grabber Applied

G9 Base Shirt on Twiggant - Mesh Grabber applied and rendered with Mesh Grabber 3

G9 Base Shirt on Twiggant - Mesh Grabber applied and rendered with normal Daz Studio render

Twiggant G9 Base Shirt Mesh Grabber normal render.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 598K
    Twiggant G9 Base Shirt_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 616K
    Twiggant G9 Base Shirt Mesh Grabber_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 598K
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited February 18

Meshgrabber is NOT affected, I talked about smoothing modifier, also I don't can load G9 stuff in 4.20 :)

I made now a test and ofc... NOW it worked xD maybe it's buggy when the scene has multiple chars+environment?

Post edited by Loony on

Loony said:

Meshgrabber is NOT affected, I talked about smoothing modifier, also I don't can load G9 stuff in 4.20 :)

I made now a test and ofc... NOW it worked xD maybe it's buggy when the scene has multiple chars+environment?

I misunderstood. Are you really using Render Queue 3? In my Twiggant example above, smoothing was on, and it worked fine in Render Queue 3. There was a problem in the original Render Queue product, with smoothing being changed by the plugin, if I recall correctly. This was resolved in Render Queue 3, along lots of other enhancements. If you are not using Render Queue version 3, I think you need to upgrade to solve your problem.

edited February 18

Yes V3.0.16

I just build up a larger scene to test it. My last test war G8M with basic wear.

I can't reproduce it in my test settings now -.-.... I don't understand this :(

I build a room, G8F + G8M + dforce clothing, used meshgrabber to cause bugs, used smoothing modifier to smooth it and it stayed smooth when I rendered...

I don't know why this doesn't happen now ;(

Post edited by Loony on
  • I have come across a "weird behaviour" of RQ3, only occuring when restarting Daz Studio after X renders, but only in mode "render all visble cameras", not in render specific cameras!
    Daz Studio Version is 4.22.0.16 and RQ V3.0.16. Situation is the same on two PC instances, both Win11.

When setting up RQ 3 not to restart, everything work fine. When rendering a number of visible cameras in a scene, i.e. 20 and restarting after X renders, the first X renders are saved correctly to the output directory. After the first restart, the filename displayed by RQ in its status window is "" (empty string included in paranthesis) and hence no output file is written. (The Render Queue was saved as "RQ.rq.json"). For some reason, in the mode "render all visible cameras" RQ seems to "forget" the filename. It should be the name of the scene with camera name appended, but that is only the case for the first X renders. After restart, this logic fails apparently. It also does not occur when rendering specific cameras! 

Has anybody experienced similar issues or can replicate this?

• deepblueXXXXdeepblueXXXX Posts: 11
    edited March 27

Before I continued troubleshooting, I re-installed the Plugin via DIM (with Daz closed) to make sure there is no corrupt DLL or anything like this going on.
    I have found this issue to be a special case / variation of what was flagged by @OdinVonD and discussed by @barbult in Oct 2023:

After the first restart of Daz Studio after a set number of renders, the camera is switched to "Perspective View" and the output file name is set to "C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\render\r.png" and hence constantly overwritten when a scene/camera is rendered. This is interrupted only to render the Scene Icon (91x91px) and Tip (256x256px) files, which works correctly. 
    After that, persective view is used again and output filename ...\Studio4\temp\render\r.png

To allow reproduction of the error, I have created the most simple scene I can think of: a coloured cube with six cameras and saved that as three versions with red, green and blue surfaces to individual files. Added those three scenes to RQ3 with "render all visible cameras" + icon + tip and set to restart after 4 renders. log.txt is included to confirm problem description above. 

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    duf
    duf
    Red Cube.duf
    duf
    duf
    Blue Cube.duf
    duf
    duf
    Green Cube.duf
    Red Cube Settings.png
    495 x 570 - 27K
    Green Cube Settings.png
    495 x 575 - 28K
    Blue Cube Settings.png
    496 x 571 - 28K
    Status Window 001.png
    1057 x 968 - 52K
    Status Window 002.png
    1058 x 970 - 57K
    Post edited by deepblueXXXX on
  • ManFridayManFriday Posts: 549

deepblueXXXX said:

Before I continued troubleshooting, I re-installed the Plugin via DIM (with Daz closed) to make sure there is no corrupt DLL or anything like this going on.
    I have found this issue to be a special case / variation of what was flagged by @OdinVonD and discussed by @barbult in Oct 2023:

After the first restart of Daz Studio after a set number of renders, the camera is switched to "Perspective View" and the output file name is set to "C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\render\r.png" and hence constantly overwritten when a scene/camera is rendered. This is interrupted only to render the Scene Icon (91x91px) and Tip (256x256px) files, which works correctly. 
    After that, persective view is used again and output filename ...\Studio4\temp\render\r.png

To allow reproduction of the error, I have created the most simple scene I can think of: a coloured cube with six cameras and saved that as three versions with red, green and blue surfaces to individual files. Added those three scenes to RQ3 with "render all visible cameras" + icon + tip and set to restart after 4 renders. log.txt is included to confirm problem description above. 

Thank you for your efforts to give me something I can try to reproduce. I will try this out!

• hugepatreonhugepatreon Posts: 1
    edited April 1

ManFriday said:

Loony said:

I've been getting the mesh smoothing bug when rendering an animation, as mentioned a few pages back the frames are not allowed to settle down before rendering, it just skips to the specified frame and starts rendering.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Add a figure with clothing that has poke-through

2. Add a smoothing modifier to clothing

3. Render Animation in render queue 3 for more than one frame

4. Mesh smoother applies on the first frame, but not the rest of the frames

Post edited by hugepatreon on