[Released] ManFriday's Render Queue 3 [Commercial]

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,157

If you don't have any cameras in your scene it will render the Perspective view. Are you sure did not check the box to reopen the scene, and have Render Queue reload the scene from a saved version that didn't have the cameras added yet?

• OdinVonDOdinVonD Posts: 243

barbult said:

If you don't have any cameras in your scene it will render the Perspective view. Are you sure did not check the box to reopen the scene, and have Render Queue reload the scene from a saved version that didn't have the cameras added yet?

Yes, positive. Whether there are one or multiple cameras in the scene, with the "render all cameras" box checked, after the first scene in the queue it will only start rendering the Perspective view and it won't render the cameras. 

When I start the Queue, it says that for all other scenes it (will expand all visible cameras) when it gets to that scene, but when it opens them it doesn't seem to recognize them. I don't know why that would be. They're just regular cameras. 

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,801

OdinVonD said:

barbult said:

Yes, positive. Whether there are one or multiple cameras in the scene, with the "render all cameras" box checked, after the first scene in the queue it will only start rendering the Perspective view and it won't render the cameras. 

How about, you upload a screenshot of your plugin settings, how you arranged it? Then we can check all tiny checkboxes :)

edited October 2023

OdinVonD said:

When I start the Queue, it says that for all other scenes it (will expand all visible cameras) when it gets to that scene, but when it opens them it doesn't seem to recognize them. I don't know why that would be. They're just regular cameras. 

• I created and saved 2 scenes, each with 2 cameras. The cameras were named Defult Camera and Camera.
    • I clicked the Add button in Render Queue 3 and multi-selected both scenes and added them to the queue at the same time.
    • I selected All visible cameras to be rendered.
    • I clicked the disc icon to save the queue (not necessary I think if rendering the queue in that same DS session like I did).
    • I started the queue render.
    • All 4 images rendered correcty.
    • No Perspective View images were rendered

Edited to add: I'm saving to JPG. I don't know if that makes any difference.

Screenshot 2023-10-28 190818.jpg
    1241 x 581 - 91K
    Post edited by barbult on

You can see that the first scene got all the cameras in, all the others only rendered the Perspective view. All the other scenes have multiple cameras. 

The other wierd thing is that even though it renders the Perspective view, it doesn't save them to files. 

Settings match these for all files: 

rq.png
    708 x 450 - 45K
    rq3.png
    488 x 618 - 38K
    rq2.png
    488 x 266 - 25K

I don't know what would cause that. Did you save the queue file before rendering? It is JSON file you can read with a text editor. Look at it and see if you see any clues. It is kind of like a log file of what was queued and what was rendered. Maybe you can decipher something from that file.

edited October 2023
    I see no problem in the settings, I used the same, this is weird. Which Daz Studio Version do you use @OdinVonD
    Post edited by Loony on

Yup, saved the queue. Tried saving it to a new file as well. 

Like I said, the first file that opens is always fine, but the others don't register. 

Currently on version 4.21.0.5 Pro Edition 64-Bit

At this point I just went back to Render Queue 1 lol 

OdinVonD said:

Yup, saved the queue. Tried saving it to a new file as well. 

Like I said, the first file that opens is always fine, but the others don't register. 

Currently on version 4.21.0.5 Pro Edition 64-Bit

At this point I just went back to Render Queue 1 lol 

Maybe, try to run the script with "kill daz.exe" My software does also not always close correct so I preferred to run the kill script, because even if you close Daz3d, it stays active in the Taskmanager for a while.

edited October 2023

The testing I did to try to reproduce the problem was in 4.21.1.108, the current beta version (Public Build).

I do know of one other reproducible bug in Render Queue 3 that has nothing to do with your problem. That bug is that if your filename has a . (period) in it, Render Queue 3 will change the file extension from your selected extension to png. I always have to manually switch it back to jpg in this case.

barbult said:

The testing I did to try to reproduce the problem was in 4.21.1.108, the current beta version (Public Build).

I do know of one other reproducible bug in Render Queue 3 that has nothing to do with your problem. That bug is that if your filename has a . (period) in it, Render Queue 3 will change the file extension from your selected extension to png. I always have to manually switch it back to jpg in this case.

I recommend you to save renders always in png, you can then save them in gimp/photoshop as .jpg after maybe finetuning them, adding effects or just your label ;)

But .png gives the best RAW result.

In the Render Queue 3 plugin options, here is an option to restart Daz Studio between renders. You might try that. There are also delay time options. Maybe you need a longer settle-down timeout after loading the scene. I use 60 seconds. It doesn't take the full 60 seconds if it is ready sooner, but it you had a very small value there, it might be starting the render before the scene was really ready to be rendered.

Screenshot 2023-10-29 152717.jpg
    396 x 402 - 35K

@OdinVonD I just had that perspective camera problem happen to me for the first time. This is the scenario that led up to it for me.

I had 3 scenes queued to render the camera saved with the scene, an icon and a tip file. Each scene had been saved with an active camera named "Default Camera". I started rendering the queue. During the render of the first image, I noticed that it was rendering very slowly and decided I should cancel the render and restart DS before rendering. So, I clicked the red X in the upper left corner of the Render Queue window. That is supposed to cancel the whole queue and leave all unfinished renders on the queue. The render queue stopped and I stopped and restarted DS. When DS restarted, Render Queue popped up a window recognizing that the queue still had unrendered images and asked if I wanted to resume rendering them. I said yes, and when the queue restarted, it showed that the second and third scenes were going to be rendered with Perspective View instead of Default Camera. Does this scenario sound anything like what happened in your case?

• ManFriday said:

Queue up your renders, sleep while you work!

https://www.daz3d.com/render-queue-3

The Render Queue enables you to render many scenes in sequence, unattended, allowing you to do your renders overnight without having to sit next to your computer to start each render by hand.

When you are done working on a scene in Daz Studio, you can add it to a queue, set a target image file name, and work on the next scene. When you are done with your day's work, you can launch the queue, go to sleep, and admire your renders the next morning. You can even tell the Render Queue to shut down your computer when it's done rendering!

Hey ManFriday, first, thanks for the great work. I still use v3 and I love it. I am however wondering if anyone has reported this bug to you yet? The checkbox that allows us to bypass re-loading the currently open scene if it's at the top of the list is not working. Checked, clearly it should reload it if its already open, but unchecked, it still reloads it. I was shocked to see nobody else has reported it yet, so that made me wonder if it was just me, so I had a colleege try, and it was working for them, however, their queue is setup with static renders, while mine is setup with all animations, so we are thinking it's a problem between animation and static renders. I can't stop my queue right now to test and verify that theory as we are under a time crunch, but that is our current theory. It's been like that ever since v3, so I am not sure you are even aware. I have yet to see any updated version released, but I can't imagine it's a hard thing to fix. Thanks, and I will let you know what I find when I can test it!

• Hey, so I bought Render Queue 3 because Render Queue 1 stopped working with Daz 4.22, so i downloaded Render queue 3 and it works but it keep rendering corrupted PNG's. Does anyone else have this issue and if you do, does anyone know how to fix it?

• lachilachi Posts: 74
    edited December 2023

I need help regarding the settle down time.

Recently it seems to be endless, even though I have set it to 30 seconds.

I can skip it manually but the longest I waited after the timeout reached 0 was 20 minutes before I got annoyed and clicked the skip button.

What is it doing so long? Why doesn't it respect my settings?

Edit:

I'm trying to render 18 cameras which are all in the same scene.

The cameras have camera magic attached, so the assets will get moved and posed. 

It only takes 5 seconds for the scene to settle down.

Edit 2:

It seems to have gone back to normal after restarting DAZ studio.

Post edited by lachi on
  • VonHunchVonHunch Posts: 0

I've been having a problem with rendering using the queue.

Every time i set the queue off to render, it'll open the scene and settle fine before instantly rendering a black screen and moving onto the next scene. I've looked everywhere for answers but can't find anything that fixes the issue and allows the render queue to be open at the same time. Ive tried restarting Daz after it starts rendering black and it'll work so long as i've opened the scene i want to render first, however the problem occurs again on all other scenes. Just pitch black. I know it's nothing to do with the scene being too intensive as i have a 4090. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Anything special need to be done to get this to show up in the beta? There's no listing for it in panes. I had the same problem with mesh grabber and it only showed up after the beta was last updated.

G3Renderworks said:

Anything special need to be done to get this to show up in the beta? There's no listing for it in panes. I had the same problem with mesh grabber and it only showed up after the beta was last updated.

Nothing special that I can remember, other than you need to restart DS after installing the plugin, if DS was running when you installed the plugin. Does it show up in Help/About Installed Plugins?

• G3RenderworksG3Renderworks Posts: 64
    edited January 3

barbult said:

G3Renderworks said:

Anything special need to be done to get this to show up in the beta? There's no listing for it in panes. I had the same problem with mesh grabber and it only showed up after the beta was last updated.

Nothing special that I can remember, other than you need to restart DS after installing the plugin, if DS was running when you installed the plugin. Does it show up in Help/About Installed Plugins?

Nope, not listed in installed plugins. 

Post edited by G3Renderworks on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,918
    edited January 3

G3Renderworks said:

barbult said:

G3Renderworks said:

It doesn't install in the Beta, Maybe you can to do it manually. (Edited after barbult's post made me check it again).

Open Windows Explorer, go to C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins and copy the Render Queue 3 folder. Paste that in the Plugins folder of the Beta

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\docs\Plugins

Now go to C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins and copy the MF_renderq.dll file and paste it in

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\plugins

Start Daz Studio and it should show up in Help/About Installed Plugins. To open it, click Window - Panes (Tabs) - Render Queue.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
    edited January 3

DoctorJellybean said:

G3Renderworks said:

barbult said:

G3Renderworks said:

It doesn't install in the Beta, you'll have to do it manually.

Open Windows Explorer, go to C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins and copy the Render Queue 3 folder. Paste that in the Plugins folder of the Beta

Now go to C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins and copy the MF_renderq.dll file and paste it in

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins

Start Daz Studio and it should show up in Help/About Installed Plugins. To open it, click Window - Panes (Tabs) - Render Queue.

Why do you say it doesn't install in the beta? I checked DIM before I responded above. This is what I see in DIM. It says the package installs in 4.x Public Build. What is wrong???

Screenshot 2024-01-03 142022.jpg
    502 x 532 - 35K
    edited January 3

barbult said:

DoctorJellybean said:

G3Renderworks said:

barbult said:

G3Renderworks said:

It doesn't install in the Beta, you'll have to do it manually.

Why do you say it doesn't install in the beta? I checked DIM before I responded above. This is what I see in DIM. It says the package installs in 4.x Public Build. What is wrong???

Apologies. I checked DIM as well, and I don't know what I thought I read. I've just checked it again, and it is the same as yours. So yes, it should install. The user can try the manual way I suggested if the DIM installation doesn't work for some reason.

I edited my original reply.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • DoctorJellybean said:

G3Renderworks said:

barbult said:

G3Renderworks said:

It doesn't install in the Beta, Maybe you can to do it manually. (Edited after barbult's post made me check it again).

Worked perfectly. I also copied over a bunch of other plugins that I didn't realize never installed for some reason. Thanks again. 

G3Renderworks said:

Worked perfectly. I also copied over a bunch of other plugins that I didn't realize never installed for some reason. Thanks again. 

I'm glad that worked for you.

I just realized that the actual plugin should go into C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\Plugins, but I'm sure you figured that out as it is working.

Note to myself: never post before I had my first morning coffee.

• DoctorJellybean said:

G3Renderworks said:

I'm glad that worked for you.

I just realized that the actual plugin should go into C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\Plugins, but I'm sure you figured that out as it is working.

Note to myself: never post before I had my first morning coffee. 

Yup. No worries, I know the feeling! 

So, any clues about why DIM didn't install it into the beta, when DIM said it shold have?

barbult said:

So, any clues about why DIM didn't install it into the beta, when DIM said it shold have?

I guess we could have asked when the user first asked for help, to check if the plugin dll file is where it should be. If it wasn't, then my educated guess is that maybe an AV or malware app zapped it. It shouldn't, but I have seen stranger things happen.

• barbult said:

Was the beta installed when the plug-in was installed?