[Released] ManFriday's Render Queue 3 [Commercial]

Comments

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

ManFriday said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

ManFriday said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

I am getting error messages when trying to add any scene from my local library to the render queue:

2022-11-15 11:48:40.945 [INFO] :: RenderQueue: Critical error message box in ManFriday's Render Queue V3.0.16: Failed to add scene files to queue: failed to find component “” from path “\\Quasar\LocalHome\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Scenes\highland_queen002.duf” on disk

I have mapped my local DAZ libary (Documents/DAZ 3d) to my network share via a symoblic link. Judging from the error message, ReenderQueue V3 does correctly parse the URI, but fails to open the file. Accessing the same file via DS works as expected. Mocing the file to a path on my internal disk and then adding it to RenderQueue also works.

Edit: If I navigate to the scene on the share using the file dialog, starting from the mounted root (\\Quasar\LocalHome), it works as well. The issue seems to be just with symbolic links to SMB network shares (which works in every other scenario I have used with DS so far)

The Render Queue does some file component parsing for the automatic renaming, and it looks like it doesn't handle the double backslashes well. For me to be able to reproduce the scenario, what do you mean by "symbolic link"? I'm assuming you are not using the Render Queue under Linux, and creating symbolic links under Windows is not something that is supported easily out of the box. So can you clarify how to did that? Thank you!

No, I am using RenderQueue under Windows 10, But as I have quite a large set of assets, plus I am using an iMac for perparation of scenes, I have moved all things that should be available on both setups to a network drive (Synology, via LAN). To make the directories available for DS, I have used the Windows mklink command. Instead of having a "real" Daz 3D directory in "Documents", there is a "DAZ 3D" folder created with mklink. That folder links to my network drive. If you access that "folder" from Windows Explorer, it looks as if you are accessing local files. The idea was to have a DS default setup (shared library in the shared user folder tree, privarte library in the local user folder tree) on both machines, without any changes in DS. It did work so far, also with the previous version of RenderQueue.

When I try to "add" a scene, the file dialog pops up as it should. If I point that dialog to the DAZ library via the symlink in "Documents", I run into the error. If I navigate to the file starting at the mount point (shown as a drive on the file select dialog), then navigating to the scene, it work.

Same applies if I use "add current". If the scene was loaded via the symlink, "add current" does not work. If I have loaded the scene via the full path, it works.

Thank you for the clarification. All the functions you mentioned use the same file name handling code and that doesn't seem to be handling the double backslashes correctly. I'll have a look.

Side note: I have checked again, and directly locating the file from the mount point will store a drive letter in the JASON file (Y:\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Scenes 

howver, the target path in the JASON shows to my render library, but with forward slashes //Quasar/LocalHome/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Render Library It renders fine, though. Renders are store to the selcted location.

Was a solution figured out for this? Also running into this with Render Queue v3. Same situation, using a shared drive. Tested and confirmed previous v2 works just fine with zero hiccups.

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 549

ee_hee269 said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

ManFriday said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

ManFriday said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

I am getting error messages when trying to add any scene from my local library to the render queue:

2022-11-15 11:48:40.945 [INFO] :: RenderQueue: Critical error message box in ManFriday's Render Queue V3.0.16: Failed to add scene files to queue: failed to find component “” from path “\\Quasar\LocalHome\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Scenes\highland_queen002.duf” on disk

I have mapped my local DAZ libary (Documents/DAZ 3d) to my network share via a symoblic link. Judging from the error message, ReenderQueue V3 does correctly parse the URI, but fails to open the file. Accessing the same file via DS works as expected. Mocing the file to a path on my internal disk and then adding it to RenderQueue also works.

Edit: If I navigate to the scene on the share using the file dialog, starting from the mounted root (\\Quasar\LocalHome), it works as well. The issue seems to be just with symbolic links to SMB network shares (which works in every other scenario I have used with DS so far)

The Render Queue does some file component parsing for the automatic renaming, and it looks like it doesn't handle the double backslashes well. For me to be able to reproduce the scenario, what do you mean by "symbolic link"? I'm assuming you are not using the Render Queue under Linux, and creating symbolic links under Windows is not something that is supported easily out of the box. So can you clarify how to did that? Thank you!

No, I am using RenderQueue under Windows 10, But as I have quite a large set of assets, plus I am using an iMac for perparation of scenes, I have moved all things that should be available on both setups to a network drive (Synology, via LAN). To make the directories available for DS, I have used the Windows mklink command. Instead of having a "real" Daz 3D directory in "Documents", there is a "DAZ 3D" folder created with mklink. That folder links to my network drive. If you access that "folder" from Windows Explorer, it looks as if you are accessing local files. The idea was to have a DS default setup (shared library in the shared user folder tree, privarte library in the local user folder tree) on both machines, without any changes in DS. It did work so far, also with the previous version of RenderQueue.

When I try to "add" a scene, the file dialog pops up as it should. If I point that dialog to the DAZ library via the symlink in "Documents", I run into the error. If I navigate to the file starting at the mount point (shown as a drive on the file select dialog), then navigating to the scene, it work.

Same applies if I use "add current". If the scene was loaded via the symlink, "add current" does not work. If I have loaded the scene via the full path, it works.

Thank you for the clarification. All the functions you mentioned use the same file name handling code and that doesn't seem to be handling the double backslashes correctly. I'll have a look.

Side note: I have checked again, and directly locating the file from the mount point will store a drive letter in the JASON file (Y:\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Scenes 

howver, the target path in the JASON shows to my render library, but with forward slashes //Quasar/LocalHome/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Render Library It renders fine, though. Renders are store to the selcted location.

Was a solution figured out for this? Also running into this with Render Queue v3. Same situation, using a shared drive. Tested and confirmed previous v2 works just fine with zero hiccups.

Sorry for the tardy reply. I'm afraid I don't have a solution for this. I tested some symlinks on Windows and it worked fine here. I'd probably have to reproduce the exact scenario from your system, but the combination of network file paths and Windows symlinks is something very specific that I can't promise to support. Windows symlinks are a rarely used feature, and Microsoft makes it hard to use them exactly because they can have side effects.

Can you not just map your NAS share to a Windows drive letter, for example "N:"? Instead of symlinking the "Daz 3D" folder to a network drive, an easier solution would be to just point Daz to the network drive -- you can change any paths in Daz Studio and have it write your renders to N:\renders and even use all your content there. In the Daz Studio "Preferences", "Content" tab, there is a button for "Content Directory Manager", which lets to change all the paths where Daz looks for content with great flexibility. I have set up a dozen content libraries that way, and I have nothing in the default location because my content library is too big. (You can also reach the content directory manager by right-clicking on the "Content LIbrary" tab.)

• I have the previous version of Render Quesu and bought/installed Render Queue 3 using DIM. I can't find it anywhere and when I look at "Installed Files" in DIM it's just a blank window. Also tried to install manually, and I still can't find it. When I check the version of my installed version of Render Queue it shows 2,0.

• mikethe3dguy said:

I have the previous version of Render Quesu and bought/installed Render Queue 3 using DIM. I can't find it anywhere and when I look at "Installed Files" in DIM it's just a blank window. Also tried to install manually, and I still can't find it. When I check the version of my installed version of Render Queue it shows 2,0.

When installed, the MF_renderq.dll should be in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins. Was DS running by any chance when you installed it?

• DoctorJellybean said:

When installed, the MF_renderq.dll should be in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins. Was DS running by any chance when you installed it?

It's not there. I can't recall. More than likely it was, though I've certainly closed and re-opened DS a few times since the installation.

• mikethe3dguy said:

DoctorJellybean said:

It's not there. I can't recall. More than likely it was, though I've certainly closed and re-opened DS a few times since the installation.

You can open the original zip and see if it is in there. If so, make sure DS is closed, start DIM, uninstall it and reinstall it.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,479

And when closing DS, start the task manager to see, when DS has really closed, the closing process can take minutes.

• DoctorJellybean said:

mikethe3dguy said:

DoctorJellybean said:

You can open the original zip and see if it is in there. If so, make sure DS is closed, start DIM, uninstall it and reinstall it.

Are you talking about the manual download file? It's an .exe, not a zip with folders and files visible.

• PerttiA said:

And when closing DS, start the task manager to see, when DS has really closed, the closing process can take minutes.

Thanks, I'm aware.

• mikethe3dguy said:

DoctorJellybean said:

mikethe3dguy said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Are you talking about the manual download file? It's an .exe, not a zip with folders and files visible.

Download the zip from your Product Library instead.

• mikethe3dguymikethe3dguy Posts: 515
    edited August 2023

DoctorJellybean said:

Download the zip from your Product Library instead.

That's exactly what I did. It says "Download Zip" but in fact it's an .exe file, not a zip.

Edit: Finally got it installed, through DIM. I sent in a support ticket at the start of this, and though I haven't gotten anything other than an email auto-response yet they may have fixed the file, because I see now that in Installation Manager its size is 3.9MB whereas before it was 1.1KB (and then "-1 bytes" after "installation") , and it shows up in my Panes.

Post edited by mikethe3dguy on
  • ElorElor Posts: 691

Hello,

Some of your other products are also available for MacOS users but this one is not. Is it because they are too few of us to make it viable economically to spend the time developping it (which is a valid reason in my mind, so no judgement on my part if it's the reason) or is it because it's technically not possible to have this functionnality with MacOS ?

• Elor said:

Hello,

Some of your other products are also available for MacOS users but this one is not. Is it because they are too few of us to make it viable economically to spend the time developping it (which is a valid reason in my mind, so no judgement on my part if it's the reason) or is it because it's technically not possible to have this functionnality with MacOS ?

He does have a Mac for compiling, so I would think that it is the latter.

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 549

Elor said:

Hello,

The original Render Queue was my first product for Daz, and at the time I had no idea how to make plugins for the Mac. I figured it out later, but even the new Render Queue shares code with the old, and some of it is Windows-specific, and it would be very difficult to rewrite that for the Mac. So I'm afraid the Render Queue will never have a Mac version. Since the Mac is not really an ideal platform for rendering with Daz (the people I talk you have who use DS on the Mac all have a second Windows machine for rendering), I hope this is not too much of a loss.

• ElorElor Posts: 691

Thank you both for you answers yes

@ManFriday, I understand and like the people you talked to, I'm thinking about building a new computer to supplement my Mac. RenderQueue could have been a stop gap measure, but I'm also not sure if making my Macbook Pro renders all night long with 1000 % of CPU usage and the heat that goes with such a high load is really good for its long term survival blush

• Not sure if anyone is on this thread anymore, but is there a way to eliminate the render window (versus direct to file) popping up during renders?  I have my renders always set to do direct to file only, but this seems to circumvent that option?

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,801
    edited September 2023

Hey, I just used Renderqueue again and... WHY does the plugin DISABLE my Mesh smoother!? WHY. I mean... what is the reason for it? It's so frustrating, I have to rerender that parts every time...

Just tried it again, prepared a scene, did press render and saw instantly, that the clothes have holes, because the mesh smoother would fix that, but the script does disable it... Even when the scene was loaded since 1hour and all should be fine, the script does deactivate it?!

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7774891/#Comment_7774891

You released a new product, opend your hands to get again money and ignore this... WHY? Even 1 year ago, I mentionied it.

Post edited by Loony on
  •  

Sorry for the tardy reply. I'm afraid I don't have a solution for this. I tested some symlinks on Windows and it worked fine here. I'd probably have to reproduce the exact scenario from your system, but the combination of network file paths and Windows symlinks is something very specific that I can't promise to support. Windows symlinks are a rarely used feature, and Microsoft makes it hard to use them exactly because they can have side effects.

Can you not just map your NAS share to a Windows drive letter, for example "N:"? Instead of symlinking the "Daz 3D" folder to a network drive, an easier solution would be to just point Daz to the network drive -- you can change any paths in Daz Studio and have it write your renders to N:\renders and even use all your content there. In the Daz Studio "Preferences", "Content" tab, there is a button for "Content Directory Manager", which lets to change all the paths where Daz looks for content with great flexibility. I have set up a dozen content libraries that way, and I have nothing in the default location because my content library is too big. (You can also reach the content directory manager by right-clicking on the "Content LIbrary" tab.)

Just wanted to report back (sorry for my own delay) but I was able to resolve this after reading your reply and hit myself upside the head for my blunder. I had everything directed correctly with DIMM but failed to correct the pathing for Render Queue 3 exactly as you described with using the windows drive letter. Once I did that instead of using the "\\" path, everything has been functioning perfectly, zero hiccups.

• This is a big improvement from the previous Render Queue version. I do have one small issue though. Under "Target Files" there's the field for entering the directory to save the output files. For some reason, every time I run the queue, I have to browse to the current folder where I want to save. It's holding an old folder name there, and even though I update it, it doesn't remember the new name.

Not sure if I'm missing something, but how do I get it to remember the new directory location?

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,918
    edited October 2023

mikethe3dguy said:

This is a big improvement from the previous Render Queue version. I do have one small issue though. Under "Target Files" there's the field for entering the directory to save the output files. For some reason, every time I run the queue, I have to browse to the current folder where I want to save. It's holding an old folder name there, and even though I update it, it doesn't remember the new name.

Not sure if I'm missing something, but how do I get it to remember the new directory location?

I don't know about Target Files, I have Output directory which remembers the last selected folder.

RenderQueue.png
    760 x 465 - 31K
    Post edited by DoctorJellybean on

no one have the problem with the always automatic disabled smooth modifier?!....

• Loony said:

no one have the problem with the always automatic disabled smooth modifier?!....

I haven't.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,156

Loony said:

No, never a problem.

barbult said:

Loony said:

No, never a problem.

And why does it disable my Smoother always in every scene? :(

I use Daz 4.20, is it my version?

Loony said:

barbult said:

Loony said:

No, never a problem.

I use 4.21.1.80 Public Build.

edited October 2023

barbult said:

Loony said:

barbult said:

Loony said:

No, never a problem.

ANd you have smooth modifiers? I had the bug in the first plugin during 4.16 and still now in 4.20

So it's never fixed for me :(  I don't want to upgrade my Studio T_T

Post edited by Loony on

Loony said:

barbult said:

Loony said:

barbult said:

Loony said:

No, never a problem.

ANd you have smooth modifiers? I had the bug in the first plugin during 4.16 and still now in 4.20

Yes, smoothing modifiers on clothing, hair, etc. are still set to the same settings after rendering with Render Queue 3 as before rendering. The smoothing is used during the render. Everything looks right. The Render Queue 3 render looks the same as when I render the same scene without Render Queue 3.

Are you letting Render Queue 3 finish properly or are you having it kill Daz Studio or something like that? I can't answer the question of what version is required. Does your Daz Studio log file have any related errors reported?

edited October 2023

barbult said:

Loony said:

barbult said:

Loony said:

barbult said:

Loony said:

No, never a problem.

Yes, smoothing modifiers on clothing, hair, etc. are still set to the same settings after rendering with Render Queue 3 as before rendering. The smoothing is used during the render. Everything looks right. The Render Queue 3 render looks the same as when I render the same scene without Render Queue 3.

Are you letting Render Queue 3 finish properly or are you having it kill Daz Studio or something like that? I can't answer the question of what version is required. Does your Daz Studio log file have any related errors reported?

Even when I lock it to ON, it's disabled IN the render, you can see it instantly in the first result at 50iterations.

You can see how a pokethrough does then appear which got usually fixed.

Even when I set a wait timer of 3minutes.

It does happen at beginning but also at final renders.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7774891/#Comment_7774891

There showed I the problem already.

Post edited by Loony on
  • OdinVonDOdinVonD Posts: 243

Has anyone else had an issue where even though I select that I want to render "all visible cameras" in a scene, it will also render the "perspective view" as well, or instead of the cameras? I'm baffled as to why it would do this. 

OdinVonD said:

Has anyone else had an issue where even though I select that I want to render "all visible cameras" in a scene, it will also render the "perspective view" as well, or instead of the cameras? I'm baffled as to why it would do this. 

No it did never render my perspective view.