The big announcement on September 21, 2022 - place your bets!

Comments

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,693

BeeMKay said:

Wonderland said:

Wow, really? I always update to the newest NVIDIA studio driver but I have a LOT of content. I think every set of morphs ever sold, some from PAs who are no longer at DAZ and TONS of characters, expressions, a ridiculous amount of products. I only have 16GB RAM but I'm constantly releasing RAM with Norton Utilities. Do you think more RAM will make a difference? Everything else runs fine, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, VR PC games... DS is the only program I have a problem with. 

Do you have sufficient room on your C drive (or whatever is your Windows dive)? I found that when I had less than 100GB there, the system began to act wonky when I used DAZ. I have a 980TI card, and no issues with the current version of DS, though I'm using it in Beta.

No, I don't have much room on the C drive and tried to install DS on an external SSD drive and that didn't work and may have screwed some things up. If I could ever get CS to help me with all this, it would be amazing. 

• oddbob said:

Wonderland said:

I'm constantly releasing RAM with Norton Utilities.

Haven't used recent versions but the version of Norton I tried made my PC run like a 3 legged dog. Run as little stuff as possible now, mostly just what's included with Windows.

I stopped using Norton on everything except my phone as that's the only device that it didn't cause issues 

• In the interests of gender equality I'm looking forward to Michael 9 being released with just two speedos! Phwarrr!

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

Ghosty12 said:

Gordig said:

Ghosty12 said:

Gordig said:

The expectation/demand that so many people seem to have that G9 is fully compatible with previous generations is just weird as hell to me. I started using DS during the G8 era, and I always assumed that G8 would eventually be superseded by something. If Daz is releasing a new generation of figures (or figure, as the case is with G9), I would much rather they prioritize whatever makes the figure better than previous generations than try to make it backwards compatible, because those goals are very much at odds with each other where 3D models are concerned.

The one thing why some folks want some form backwards compatibility, is with the content they have acquired over the years that being mainly clothing, hair and character morphs. And that last bit character morphs is a big one for many, they may have a character they love using a lot but the base character generation that the character is based on may have some limitations.

They then see that the next newer base character generation has some things they love, and as such want to port their favourite character to that new generation. This is why there are products that make it a bit easier to do this.

The thing with Genesis 9 after watching a bit of the announcement video, that may make this a bit more difficult is how they have changed where the main facial features such as eyes and mouth are in the figures tree they are no longer under the head sub tree like it has been for years.

I'm fully aware of that, and have quite a lot of G8 content myself. I still had no expectation that all my G8 content would work in the next generation.

But many myself included have more than that. Such as having Victoria 4/Michael 4, Genesis, Genesis 2, Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 content, I would think that many are not expecting to go back too far. But being able to use at least some Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 content on Genesis 9 would be nice.

Not to mention Millenium 3 and 2 figures...I worked out recently I've been doing this 2005 which means I'm up to 17 years and my runtime reflects this. That said many have been doing this since Poser began...

• Any vendor should feel free to offer a character converter ASAP.
    ;-)

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,693

oddbob said:

Wonderland said:

I'm constantly releasing RAM with Norton Utilities.

Haven't used recent versions but the version of Norton I tried made my PC run like a 3 legged dog. Run as little stuff as possible now, mostly just what's included with Windows.

I use Norton specifically to remove all the windows and internet junk files and reclaim RAM. Definitely seems to speed things up. My C drive is pretty full though and I wish CS could explain to me how to correctly install and move things to an external SSD drive. I have my content on external drives but the program itself and other files are all over my C drive and I guess something is screwing it up, making it super slow. I guess I have to really push them to help me finally resolve this if they want me to go forward buying new products. But the program seems MUCH better with G3 and below. It's G8.1 and some newer hairs that makes it crash and crawl like a sloth. 

• First of all I was day one on G3, G8 and G8.1 always buying lots of tools, converters etc. to be able to use older stuff with the newer generations.

Gen 9 and Vicky 9 are both looking quite interesting but I might need to wait for a couple of reasons:

- Performance: I use a Mac and therefore render everything on CPU. Slow but working. Need to see how G9 and its HiRes textures will do on CPU.
    - Space: I have my library on an external 2 TB SSD and are already running into space issues constantly. As I am not ready to spend 500 € for a 4 TB SSD I am forced to uninstall stuff whenever I add new products to the library. And with 8k I guess new products will be even bigger and demand even more disk space.
    - Older stuff: I have still not installed/used all the older stuff I bought. So I reckon it might be a good idea to check this out before jumping into a new generation.
    - Converters and tools: It will probably take some time for guys like Zev0, RiverSoft or ManFriday to release new tools for the new generation. Probably they will come up with solutions to use older character skins on Gen9 as well. So I tend to wait so see what will be available.
    - Money: We are living in tough times. I do not have the budget to dive right into a new generation with all the extras and addons potentially necessary to make to most out of it. And prices will go down anyhow. So getting on board 1-2 years from now might save me a lot of money.
    - Pre-Order: I have to say I am tempted by the Vicky 9 Pre-Order bundle. But $ 80 with current exchange rates and without even knowing what will be in there is a no-go for me. 

So hope that Gen9 will do well but also hope that PAs will still produce new and interesting stuff for G8/8.1. 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,024

Rod Wise Driggo said:

- Converters and tools: It will probably take some time for guys like Zev0, RiverSoft or ManFriday to release new tools for the new generation. Probably they will come up with solutions to use older character skins on Gen9 as well. So I tend to wait so see what will be available.

It's worth pointing out that Zev0 currently has two empty placeholder threads in the PA forum, so they might be waiting for the release of G9 to approach or arrive before they announce what the products are.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514

Leticia said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

What is it with this free item. Does one have to sign in somewhere? It just says "tune in"?

No one's completely sure, but the main suggestion has been that there will be a link or coupon code for a limited time deal either in the chat or the video proper. 

...I turned the chat off as I had to watch it on a smartphone and it was impossible to read, particularly in horizontal mode as the keypad would have taken up half of the screen.  

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Pros :

New skin looks really good (great for portrait artists)

New expressions really stepped up realism

Unified mesh and enhanced geometry

Better industry standard rigging (also love the seperate mouth mesh)

Cons / minus :

Much memory for textures needed (but Scene Optimizer should hopefully work)

Skin rendering itself doesn't seem to have changed, always falling into the either plastic/waxy uncanny valley. We need better skin SSS tech/layering probably 

Pre-order, never do them unless it's crazy cheap.

Blando Calrissian said:

fred9803 said:

I missed a bit. Anything about clothing compatability yet?

From what I am reading from PAs in the chat box, clothing will need conversion (will likely auto-convert as Gen 3 does to Gen 8)

Edit: Jay indicates that it could be "hit or miss"...

...I get the feeling it will be more "miss" than "hit".  I have the G8 to G3 clothing converter and it doesn't always do so well.  In one clothing set I could only get the boots and T-shirt to convert, the rest of the items wouldn't. even doing each individually.  I stick to fitted clothing as dForce just takes way to long on my old gear to run a sim.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

kyoto kid said:

Blando Calrissian said:

fred9803 said:

From what I am reading from PAs in the chat box, clothing will need conversion (will likely auto-convert as Gen 3 does to Gen 8)

...I get the feeling it will be more "miss" than "hit".  I have the G8 to G3 clothing converter and it doesn't always do so well.  In one clothing set I could only get the boots and T-shirt to convert, the rest of the items wouldn't. even doing each individually.  I stick to fitted clothing as dForce just takes way to long on my old gear to run a sim.

I convert a lot of items for my own use and my favourite way of doing it is to send it to a modeller and adjust to fit in the modeller. I send it over without fitting to. While it's in the modeller I fit the garment to character I'm doing it for and then when I send back the item from the modeller I either update the mesh or send it as a morph. This method gives me the least distortion of the clothing and the best fit for the character.

edited September 2022

Psycho said:

Well, I'm disappointed that I've invested so much in G8 (and quite a lot recently in 8.1, not to mention G3, 2, etc.)... but that's simply because this is obviously a superior product (which is a very good thing). It's also great that so much of this superior functionality is coming for free with the base figure.

The comparisons between the expressions of V8 and V9 really underscored how big a deal this is in terms of realism. It's been hard work producing realistic faces with G8: even with the best characters with their own expressions, it can take a lot of mucking around with third party morphs just to get anything vaguely believable, unless you stick to the narrow range of expression that the content creators focused on themselves (for e.g. custom smiles). So far it looks as though the standard expressions are actually believable, for the first time: this (Gen 9) looks to be the point at which Daz renders finally transition from obvious (and often not very professional looking) CGI to believable photorealism.

I might stop experimenting and start creating content seriously, now that the tech's here to make photorealism this easy.

...and the facial rigging was supposedly one of hte main selling points for G8.   

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited September 2022

Pendraia said:

kyoto kid said:

Blando Calrissian said:

fred9803 said:

I convert a lot of items for my own use and my favourite way of doing it is to send it to a modeller and adjust to fit in the modeller. I send it over without fitting to. While it's in the modeller I fit the garment to character I'm doing it for and then when I send back the item from the modeller I either update the mesh or send it as a morph. This method gives me the least distortion of the clothing and the best fit for the character.

...unfortunately my modelling skill is nothing to write home about, particularly for dealing with "soft" surface meshes. I'd need some form of conversion script or utility and even those are not 100%. 

Mada said:

fred9803 said:

Kainjy said:

G8 materials are compatibles ?
    Poses, Clothing/Hair and morphs no.. but materials ? 

No, previous textures won't work. 

G8 clothing will fit G9 with autofit - same as always. High heel shoes won't, same as before. I keep on seeing posts that it won't work. Yes it will lol

...so clothing content for older figures prior to G8 (which is the majority of my clothing content as I don't use dForce) won't work?

Richard Haseltine said:

caravelle said:

I have seen Windows logos in the background now and then. Does this mean that Genesis 9 only works on Windows machines? That would be terrible. I just pre-ordered Victoria 9, but if it doesn't work on my Mac, I'll have to cancel that.

And I didn't find the link for the freebie because the chat was blocked (??). It would be nice if Daz would post this link again.

It's content, it's just that those people were suing Windows machines 9and probably needed them to show redners quickly enough for the stream).

....I noticed one of them was for Windows 7.  

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,293

SauronLivez said:

Meh. I'll reserve judgment til she's actually released and take it from there. The rest is just boilerplate Marketing 101 copy: New and improved! Now with better bends! More polygons in the mesh...and 8k textures!! Next?

Yeah... The skin details looked good (high res textures/maps) and so did the expressions, but otherwise 'they' fell short. The technology is still the same as before, just a different mesh and new UV.

The only reason for this release I can think of, is that DAZ needs people to start building up their libraries again.

Robert Freise said:

So she's the same species as Odo of DS9

...yes

That's how I thought of G1.  

Jason Galterio said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Jason Galterio said:

Is there any changes to the morph loading procedures? To avoid the naming and loading times that happen with G8?

I asked in the chat, but didn't get an answer.

That would really require a DS change.

Really? I don't have it happening with G3 or G2, even when I have just as many morphs installed.

Have you looked at the differences in file sizes, which translate to lines of code.

Towards the end, G3 did start with the symptoms already, but the HD characters on G8 blew the bank

• I wonder whwn and what Michael 9 HD will look like? I didnt like the look of M8.1. He looked more stylised and the eyes looked off. Hopefully they create a male with interesting and distinctive (yet realistic) features. A male with an interesting roman style nouse and larger brows etc

edited September 2022

Ghosty12 said:

Gordig said:

The expectation/demand that so many people seem to have that G9 is fully compatible with previous generations is just weird as hell to me. I started using DS during the G8 era, and I always assumed that G8 would eventually be superseded by something. If Daz is releasing a new generation of figures (or figure, as the case is with G9), I would much rather they prioritize whatever makes the figure better than previous generations than try to make it backwards compatible, because those goals are very much at odds with each other where 3D models are concerned.

The one thing why some folks want some form backwards compatibility, is with the content they have acquired over the years that being mainly clothing, hair and character morphs. And that last bit character morphs is a big one for many, they may have a character they love using a lot but the base character generation that the character is based on may have some limitations.

They then see that the next newer base character generation has some things they love, and as such want to port their favourite character to that new generation. This is why there are products that make it a bit easier to do this.

The thing with Genesis 9 after watching a bit of the announcement video, that may make this a bit more difficult is how they have changed where the main facial features such as eyes and mouth are in the figures tree they are no longer under the head sub tree like it has been for years.

...exactly.  This was part of the reason I have stuck with G3 as a certain plugin called Generation Xwas not updated for G8.  Sadly the PA passed on before G8 was released so that put an end to mixing in shapes and morphs from older figures. I do this a pretty much regularly as I design custom characters of my own (I rarely if ever use a character "out of the box" save for Aiko 3, toon characters, and the Troll)  So in one character there may be small amounts of a half dozen or more figures/characters.

This was part why I was a very late adopter of G8 as I could only import morphs form G3 (via a plugin by Zev0) but none of the older ones.  This almost compete lack of backwards compatibility is a huge waste as I'm not about to send the thousands I previously invested in this into the dustbin because it no longer is compatible with the current "state of the art" figure.

G9 may morph and pose better but that's a small trade-off for ditching a large part of my content library.

Pendraia said:

Actually the original genesis had the most compatibility, alternative uv's for all millennium 4 figures and autofit for millennium 3 and 4. They reduced the amount of compatibility since then imo... that said if you have skills with a modelling program clothing is easily compatible with any figure. Creating alternative uv's requires a lot more skill. 

Most people don't have a lot of cash to spare so being able to use their previous investment is important to them. 

...yesyes 

Wonderland said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

Wonderland said:

bluejaunte said:

Wonderland said:

I didn't really see that much improvements from a user side. My favorite PAs like Mousso already create great realism and I have like a zillion morphs and expressions and ways to make them myself. But now that I see it won't work on my system, I'm sad because the PAs will stop making G8 stuff. I already have everything I'll ever need in my lifetime but I guess not buying new content will allow me to save up for a better graphics card. I was excited about the ability to create animals but it seems only PAs will be able to do that anyway. I guess I will have plenty of more time to work on art rather than shop for new stuff. I'm assuming all PAs will now make characters exclusively for G9. I hope not. I actually do this for a living and can't afford a new system so I doubt most hobbyists can. Although they probably have "real" jobs and make more money than me as an artist lol. 

Why wouldn't it work on your system though?

I only have a 1080ti. Anything above DS beta 4.14 crashes. And the whole program is soooo slow! Takes over 10 minutes for DS to launch and 30-50 minutes just for a G8 character to load, several minutes just to find something in smart content, several minutes to save. DS 4.15 crashes immediately with just one naked G8.1 character and hair with iRay preview. I didn't dare try 4.20 which is supposed to be slower and crash more. DS is barely usable as it is for me. Maybe DS 4.21 will fix things but I'm not going to hold my breath. 

I also have a 1080ti and Im on DS 4.20.0.17 with no issues or crashes (doesnt run slow on launch or for G8 for me either and I have a fairly large character/shape list - though you may have more than me)

But are you maybe missing an update for your graphics card or something? Have you tried doing a fresh install of the drivers in case?  Or maybe a Ram issue?

Wow, really? I always update to the newest NVIDIA studio driver but I have a LOT of content. I think every set of morphs ever sold, some from PAs who are no longer at DAZ and TONS of characters, expressions, a ridiculous amount of products. I only have 16GB RAM but I'm constantly releasing RAM with Norton Utilities. Do you think more RAM will make a difference? Everything else runs fine, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, VR PC games... DS is the only program I have a problem with. 

Yes, the 16GB RAM is definitely a problem. RAM is cheap, get 64GB's 

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 885
    edited September 2022

As many pointed out, lack of bw compat for some bones and morphs is definitely a reason to reject this from the start. The only reason I bought 8.1 content is compatability - I still prefer using g8 unless it's a morph that won't work on it.

As for the unimesh... while the idea of being able to use certain male clothes for females is nice, unless loading g9f means it won't load g8m morphs as well to slow it down, I won't even touch the base g9m morphs, let alone buy characters (unless they blow my mind, and I could probably count the g8 that fit here on one hand).

8k textures and all the other bells and whistles are pointless, they didn't need a new base. As for the changes made for PAs....well, it's up to them to sell g9 to me. If they start rehashing the things I already have for g8, I won't won't be buying much.

As for converters... until they're able to convert hd morph, they're of no use to me.

Post edited by ioonrxoon on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,257

What I particularly like about Genesis 9 is that, like G1, there is only one model who can then become a male, female or diverse character. That presumably also means that the clothes fit all genders, as in G1, doesn't it?

I don't really find Victoria 9 that interesting as a type. Unlike V8, she does look a bit average and 'shallow', like V8.1 before. The skin is excellent and beautiful, but there are also G8 characters with very good textures. 

The facial expression in the video doesn't blow me away (especially the lips), but that's because of the design of the video. The fact that there are even more possibilities to create the facial expressions is great, of course.

• Never thought I'd say this in public, as I don't play the DAZ sales game, but here goes...

The old stuff in your rutimes won't automagically disappear into thin air just because there is a new Gen. As I see it, the angst is all about fear of missing out.

Personally I will play with the free G9 stuff, when available, see if it converts well to aweSurface and go from there. If I like what I see, I might even buy the basic morph bundles and some character morphs and outfits. 

Regarding memory usage etc - that's an IRay curse I'll never have to worry about. Always found the workflow of buying HD morphs and textures for maximal realism to use on the latest graphics card, then buying scene optimizers and stuff to reduce resolution to be able to actually use the stuff, and, in the end, to remove noise, use a denoiser that kinda belongs to the last century tech, for a descent result, a bit counter-productive.

kyoto kid said:

Psycho said:

Well, I'm disappointed that I've invested so much in G8 (and quite a lot recently in 8.1, not to mention G3, 2, etc.)... but that's simply because this is obviously a superior product (which is a very good thing). It's also great that so much of this superior functionality is coming for free with the base figure.

The comparisons between the expressions of V8 and V9 really underscored how big a deal this is in terms of realism. It's been hard work producing realistic faces with G8: even with the best characters with their own expressions, it can take a lot of mucking around with third party morphs just to get anything vaguely believable, unless you stick to the narrow range of expression that the content creators focused on themselves (for e.g. custom smiles). So far it looks as though the standard expressions are actually believable, for the first time: this (Gen 9) looks to be the point at which Daz renders finally transition from obvious (and often not very professional looking) CGI to believable photorealism.

I might stop experimenting and start creating content seriously, now that the tech's here to make photorealism this easy.

...and the facial rigging was supposedly one of hte main selling points for G8.   

That was just a marketing gimmick, I don't understand why they thought the external rig would be that much better. 

edited September 2022

..OK finally caught up with ths (was busy with other things today).

Watched the presentation which was interesting to a point ( as I mentioned in an earleir post it was hard to hear everything he said as I had to watch it on a phone).

The major improvement, going back to a unified mesh.  I understand the reasoning for splitting them again but I always though that kind of defeated the idea of the Genesis concept. I could probably get better results with more petite and youthful female characters given the return to the universal mesh base Yes there was improving in posing which is good but that is about it.

8K textures, no, that would send my old hardware into meltdown mode. Less backwards compatibility (just to G8 which I never fully adopted), another no. When G8 was released I saw what seemed to be minor improvements that didn't justify the cost of fully "retooling" for yet another new complete generation .(could have just as well been G3.1). 

Oh and one more thing,  I discovered a few days ago that it was going to be G9 as I came across a leaked image on the Daz Reddit group page of a promo for what was the freebie product for G9.  Under "compatible figures" just listed "Genesis 9" which led me to conclude they went baclkto a single mesh for both male and female lke G1.  I considered posting a reply with a link here, but thought better of it.  Besides, I was enjoying all the speculation and theories swirling around concerning what the Big Announcement would be.

line break.jpg
    700 x 3 - 1K
  • Btw, what was that with the lips lookin like reptile skin? The only really off-putting detail, so farsurprise

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982

Wonderland said:

BeeMKay said:

Wonderland said:

Do you have sufficient room on your C drive (or whatever is your Windows dive)? I found that when I had less than 100GB there, the system began to act wonky when I used DAZ. I have a 980TI card, and no issues with the current version of DS, though I'm using it in Beta.

No, I don't have much room on the C drive and tried to install DS on an external SSD drive and that didn't work and may have screwed some things up. If I could ever get CS to help me with all this, it would be amazing. 

The problem will not be solved by installing DS elsewhere, because it's a general Windows problem (at least that's what I was told). A larger C drive could help, or removing all non-essential programs except DS, and see if that helps. It could be Norton, though. So another option to test this out would be to unplug your PC from the internet, and temporarily disable Norton. Again, this would be just to "search" for a possible source of the problem.

• Have they said anything about HD being a normal part of models from now on? I notice that the Victoria 9 model is a HD version, which is great because I've always hated them selling the models with a separate HD addon - just charge what you want to charge, don't make it seem less expensive by doing that. I'm still not planning on purchasing much of the new stuff just because I have SO much money invested in G8/8.1, but making the HD model the norm would be a very welcome change.

• mdingmding Posts: 1,133

As much as I liked Victoria 9, the textures and expressions, imo there are very good looking expressions also for older figures looking better than those shown for comparison in the presentation. I will admit though, that it seems to be easier to create believable expressions with G9, so you can save time. Still, this part felt a bit manipulating, understandable as this was a promotional pesentation.

Also, as bluejaunte already mentioned, 8k textures can and already are used for older figures. 

As freebee i expected a shop item, but who knows, it still may end up in the shop, nothing for me though.

So, no jaw dropping here, I like vicky 9 very much and may buy it someday, although atm with the current huge world wide energy crisis, wars, massive environmental problems i am very hesitant following old trends of "more and bigger" and tend to hope for finding ways to create in ways less energy consuming. Filament kindled some hope, but still has to develop considerably, a hope Versluis also expressed during the show...

• Sven Dullah said:

Never thought I'd say this in public, as I don't play the DAZ sales game, but here goes...

The old stuff in your rutimes won't automagically disappear into thin air just because there is a new Gen. As I see it, the angst is all about fear of missing out.

Personally I will play with the free G9 stuff, when available, see if it converts well to aweSurface and go from there. If I like what I see, I might even buy the basic morph bundles and some character morphs and outfits. 

Regarding memory usage etc - that's an IRay curse I'll never have to worry about. Always found the workflow of buying HD morphs and textures for maximal realism to use on the latest graphics card, then buying scene optimizers and stuff to reduce resolution to be able to actually use the stuff, and, in the end, to remove noise, use a denoiser that kinda belongs to the last century tech, for a descent result, a bit counter-productive.

This exactly.  G9 doesn't invalidate G8.1, G8, etc. I'm sure PAs are still going to release G8 stuff for a while, as well as stuff that's G9 & G8 compatible (look at all the stuff that's G3 and G8).  I'm not going to completely scrap my current projects also just because G9 is out.  I still have a vision with the characters that I ahve that I'll continue with because the style of them is what I like.

I may slow down on my spending for a bit, not invest as much in G8 stuff anymore, and start looking at G9 stuff once it starts coming out.  And who knows, maybe someone will come up with a good G8 to G9 character converter.

I see a lot of people complaining, like this is something being forced on them, like Daz is just going to shut down all the sales of G8 and everything previous.  G9 will trickle in.  Over the next two years or so, more and more stuff will be available on the market.  Sure, your hardware today may not be able to handle it, and you may be doing just fine with what you're running now...but it'll be available for when you are ready.

It's like the nVidia announcement the other day.  People acting like it completely invalidates their hardware.  "I just bought a 3090Ti!  There's no way I'm buying a 4090!"  Do you go and buy a new car whenever a new model comes out?  I guess some people do, but not every one.  You go out and buy what you need when you need.  If you're still rockin' a 750, maybe you should look at getting something a bit beefier because games going forward are going to be more demanding...but that doesn't invalidate the games  you already have in your library.

And it's the same here.  I was thinking, "Shit..all those clothes, all those poses, all that hair I have sitting in my library for Genesis 8!  None of it will work!!!!" But...it will work just fine with my G8 characters.  Daz isn't removing those from my library and forcing me to buy new G9 stuff to replace it.  And I'm sure there will come a time eventually when Manfriday or someone else comes with a clothing or hair converter that we can use to continue to use those clothes and poses in G9.  But, there will also be shinier newer stuff coming out that may make you look at those G8 clothes and go, "Meh, they're ok, but I like these better."