Star Trek Builders Unite 7: The Continuing Mission

Comments

• barklay_6b973f85a5barklay_6b973f85a5 Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    ,,, edit ...

Got it, but got a question: The V4 bodysuit in this pack. Is this the one that the textures for Troi's burgundy jumpsuit goes to?

Yes ... I think this is the only bodysuit that has textures done for it for V4, so most if not all should work with it.

For me it is not working. Each uniform that I have is not working. Need a crew for my Galaxy bridge :).
    The Uniform from Troi is transparent in the center. That does not look good with a hole in the middle).

Each thing like hair or skin do not work.
    Do I have to buy all the basic things?
    or can i find some free stuff?

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,189
    edited December 1969

barklay said:
    mdbruffy said:
    ,,, edit ...

Got it, but got a question: The V4 bodysuit in this pack. Is this the one that the textures for Troi's burgundy jumpsuit goes to?

Yes ... I think this is the only bodysuit that has textures done for it for V4, so most if not all should work with it.

For me it is not working. Each uniform that I have is not working. Need a crew for my Galaxy bridge :).
    The Uniform from Troi is transparent in the center. That does not look good with a hole in the middle).

If you are using poser in the materials room go to the trans map setting and dial it down to zero and then back to 100 and you should see the missing section reappear. For some reason it happens from time to time with transmaps in Poser. IF that doesn't help you let me know and I will try to help you more.

• barklay_6b973f85a5barklay_6b973f85a5 Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

barklay said:
    mdbruffy said:
    ,,, edit ...

If you are using poser in the materials room go to the trans map setting and dial it down to zero and then back to 100 and you should see the missing section reappear. For some reason it happens from time to time with transmaps in Poser. IF that doesn't help you let me know and I will try to help you more.

i have daz3d Studio 4.8 but now it works. tng female and troi uniform :)
    but i Need some more hairs for my models and maybe some models ;)

edited December 1969

barklay said:
    barklay said:
    mdbruffy said:
    ,,, edit ...

i have daz3d Studio 4.8 but now it works. tng female and troi uniform :)
    but i Need some more hairs for my models and maybe some models ;)

Glad it is working out for you. I can't help you on the hair sets and ships but there are a lot of freebies available here for the grabbing and adding to your runtime. Good luck collecting them all.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited June 2015

Lots of hair by Mylochka listed in post #1.

Phaser Energy Beam Stock by Euderion added to list.

Post edited by patience55 on
  • rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

I think I have all the texturing and models done on the TNG TOS Engineering, I'll ship it off to me turned into a Poser figure this weekend. What do you like?

05.jpg
    845 x 788 - 477K
    04.jpg
    845 x 788 - 214K
    03.jpg
    845 x 788 - 378K
    02.jpg
    845 x 788 - 302K
    01.jpg
    845 x 788 - 343K
  • rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

You get a Eng board Room, Office, lift and main Eng Room

07.jpg
    845 x 788 - 276K
    06.jpg
    845 x 788 - 364K
  • rschulterschulte Posts: 484
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    I think I have all the texturing and models done on the TNG TOS Engineering, I'll ship it off to me turned into a Poser figure this weekend. What do you like?

Wow! This is great. Looking forward for its release.

edited December 1969

TOS Science Officer's Patch by Agent-0013
    added to the list

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,283
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Kool :-) Link added to the list.

• AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
    edited December 1969

UPDATE on my fledgling TNG-era Constitution Class.

https://sketchfab.com/models/6d0e41f84c4c4a419c7c23a396ac7574

Let me know what you think. Still loads of work to be done. (probably not keeping aft torpedoes where they are right now either, looking for better spot for them)

edited December 1969

Let me know what you think. Still loads of work to be done. (probably not keeping aft torpedoes where they are right now either, looking for better spot for them)

WOWZERS!!! I am loving that design update, I love the new nacells and primary hull dish. Please keep this going I can't wait to see this textured!

edited December 1969

WOWZERS!!! I am loving that design update, I love the new nacells and primary hull dish. Please keep this going I can't wait to see this textured!

I can't wait to see it textured too because I think that's the scariest part yet to come lol

Still lots of work to do on the model before I even consider how the heck to UV map it all.

Thanks for the positive words, tho, I am definitely nervy about sharing this as I'm still learning so much.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,283
    edited December 1969

I can't wait to see it textured too because I think that's the scariest part yet to come lol

Still lots of work to do on the model before I even consider how the heck to UV map it all.

Thanks for the positive words, tho, I am definitely nervy about sharing this as I'm still learning so much.

Fine looking ship

edited December 1969

Well for one I would say take your time you have an amazing start and to rush it to finish would do what you have done an injustice. In my opinion this is one of the best TOS/TNG conversions of the Connie class I have see yet. I love the Enterprise E nacell choice for this kit over the Enterprise D's The lines of the secodary hull really add to the overall feel. It reminds me of how well Ford has done with bringing back the look of the 60's Mustang.

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

Looking real good.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,264
    edited December 1969

really lovely work. I know that sounds odd, but it's very graceful.

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:

Sigh, there goes the bank account, screaming for the hills...

You know you're one of the people contributing to my continuing deficit, right?

• blutobluto Posts: 830
    edited June 2015

are any of our resident texture people interested in doing a new uniform texture.
    please keep in mind I would like matching male uniforms too

m4 valiant and v4 courageous , unless you have a better choice for the base uniform

more_of_the_crew_of_the_uss_los_lobos_by_gx_9901-d7hpo43.png
    1352 x 704 - 1M
    yet_even_more_of_the_crew_of_the_uss_los_lobos_by_gx_9901-d7ycjvl.png
    1352 x 701 - 1M
    Post edited by bluto on
  • rschulterschulte Posts: 484
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    are any of our resident texture people interested in doing a new uniform texture.
    please keep in mind I would like matching male uniforms too

m4 valiant and v4 courageous , unless you have a better choice for the base uniform

Could you give a little information on what you have in mind.

edited December 1969

Ok, connie is as modeled as I think my abilities can do, at this time.

But when I uploaded this version here https://sketchfab.com/models/575058cfed7346129300e418681c1ce3

it warned me;

"Geometry has invalid normals"

Um, I have no idea what this means, where they would be on the model, and how to fix it lol.

Any hints?

edited June 2015

I also kind of get off on these as well

P5344_1.jpg
    786 x 1175 - 101K
    P534_r1.jpg
    786 x 1175 - 110K
    P534_1.jpg
    786 x 1175 - 99K
    Post edited by bluto on
    edited June 2015

these aint to shabby either

uniform_5_female2.jpg
    825 x 400 - 12K
    uniform_5_female_skirt2.jpg
    825 x 400 - 13K
    uniform_5_male.jpg
    640 x 400 - 14K
    Post edited by bluto on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,264
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    I also kind of get off on these as well

I like these as an Engineering specific uniform.

edited June 2015

yea , with a change of color they could work as a medical uniform too

P534_2.jpg
    742 x 1171 - 91K
    P534o_2.jpg
    742 x 1171 - 100K
    P534y_2.jpg
    742 x 1171 - 106K
    Post edited by bluto on
    edited December 1969

Anyone remember who made the famous Voyager props? I have them, but there's no readme.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Anyone remember who made the famous Voyager props? I have them, but there's no readme.

The ones that included chairs, tables, cargo racks and drums, and consoles? I have readmes in my installers, they're by D. T. Ericsson. Note that the files are an absolute mess with mostly no installer folder structure, and most of the texture paths don't include ":Runtime:Textures:" — I know, I reinstalled the lot just last week, and had to do quite a bit of editing and juggling. The models themselves are still pretty good, though, you wouldn't think they're Poser 4 vintage.
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

The ones that included chairs, tables, cargo racks and drums, and consoles? I have readmes in my installers, they're by D. T. Ericsson. Note that the files are an absolute mess with mostly no installer folder structure, and most of the texture paths don't include ":Runtime:Textures:" — I know, I reinstalled the lot just last week, and had to do quite a bit of editing and juggling. The models themselves are still pretty good, though, you wouldn't think they're Poser 4 vintage.

The reason I don't have the readmes is because they've been in my ever-growing runtime since P5 and I think the original zips are buried on a storage disc somewhere.

So thanks, Spotted Kitty.

edited December 1969
    Page-0000-_Forum_post.jpg
    450 x 590 - 235K
This discussion has been closed.