Star Trek Builders Unite 7: The Continuing Mission

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Weird. You say you're going to send a verification email but yet you dont send it. Hmmm... So I tried logging in and lo and behold the "download now" button finally appears. That just boggles the mind. I spend all this time looking for verification email that was never coming...

David

Ah! So it was that site! Congrats :-)
    Got mine too and it works :-)

• galattgalatt Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

I needed an Undine/Species 8472 for a project but couldn't find one.
    So I whipped this up.
    Any suggestions on how to get the glowing scaled skin look that they have?

Species_8472.png
    1380 x 698 - 325K
  • mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

galatt said:
    So I whipped this up.

I know in Poser, you can select the skin texture and turn the ambient light setting on- set it to about .5 to start and see how it looks.

• rschulterschulte Posts: 484
    edited December 1969

galatt said:
    So I whipped this up.

Really nice job!

edited December 1969
    Tool_xyz_promo.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 324K
    edited May 2015

Okay ye brave folk ... I went back to Foundation3D and was starting up a new list of the ships ... starting with the Borg ... all seemed well until Borg Cube 2 ... if somebody, anybody knows how to reach folk there, there is a BIG problem.
    Claims file keeps failing to download. Looks like a serious problem ... unless of course it really is 17179869184 GB in size.
    Not happening.

Cheers.

Edited to add picture. Unbelievable. btw none of the files I did download showed any problems according to Kaspersky.

borg_cube_2_serious.png
    1366 x 768 - 174K
    Post edited by patience55 on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Okay ye brave folk ... I went back to Foundation3D and was starting up a new list of the ships ... starting with the Borg ... all seemed well until Borg Cube 2 ... if somebody, anybody knows how to reach folk there, there is a BIG problem.
    Claims file keeps failing to download. Looks like a serious problem ... unless of course it really is 17179869184 GB in size.
    Not happening.

Cheers.

Do you mean this one - http://www.foundation3d.com/index.php?categoryid=38&p13_sectionid=306&p13_fileid=1742

I just tested the download in Firefox 37.0.2 and it worked. The file is 20MB

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,283
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Not happening.

Cheers.

Do you mean this one - http://www.foundation3d.com/index.php?categoryid=38&p13_sectionid=306&p13_fileid=1742

I just tested the download in Firefox 37.0.2 and it worked. The file is 20MB

Same here using Chrome

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Not happening.

Cheers.

Edited to add picture. Unbelievable. btw none of the files I did download showed any problems according to Kaspersky.

That's 16 exabytes, with no fraction either way. Either you and Foundation3D each have more hard-drive space than most governments do, or there's a readout glitch somewhere.
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Not happening.

Cheers.

That's 16 exabytes, with no fraction either way. Either you and Foundation3D each have more hard-drive space than most governments do, or there's a readout glitch somewhere.

I'll go with a glitch lol ... certainly don't have the space for it.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,265
    edited December 1969

I don't know how many of you use Daz Studio, but I wanted to share this with anyone who is using the Beta and Iray.

I went through Ptrope's TOS bridge scene and made all the screens, buttons and alerts light emitting surfaces. I also applied leather, rubber, plastic and metallic shaders to the other non-lighting surfaces. The scene file is uploaded there in the gallery, so as long as you have Ptrope's set and the Beta you can use this however you want.

Whatever camera you use to render, make sure the headlamp is turned off.

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/69131/

edited May 2015

TimG said:
    I don't know how many of you use Daz Studio, but I wanted to share this with anyone who is using the Beta and Iray.

I went through Ptrope's TOS bridge scene and made all the screens, buttons and alerts light emitting surfaces. I also applied leather, rubber, plastic and metallic shaders to the other non-lighting surfaces. The scene file is uploaded there in the gallery, so as long as you have Ptrope's set and the Beta you can use this however you want.

Awesome, thank you :-)

Link added to the list by the Bridge.

Post edited by patience55 on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,283
    edited December 1969

Thank you

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    I went through Ptrope's TOS bridge scene and made all the screens, buttons and alerts light emitting surfaces. I also applied leather, rubber, plastic and metallic shaders to the other non-lighting surfaces.

Consider my gast utterly flabbered. ;-)

Did you have a go at the ceiling light just in front of the turbolift doors? IIRC there was a grille effect in front of it (frequently visible shining on the lift doors and alcove walls) that could be easily set up in Poser, but I've never been able to get it to look right in D|S. Maybe it's easier to do with Iray lights?

• AshleyTingerAshleyTinger Posts: 498
    edited December 1969

TimG said:

That is absolutely fantastic. Nice work.

edited December 1969

TimG said:
    I went through Ptrope's TOS bridge scene and made all the screens, buttons and alerts light emitting surfaces. I also applied leather, rubber, plastic and metallic shaders to the other non-lighting surfaces.

Consider my gast utterly flabbered. ;-)

Did you have a go at the ceiling light just in front of the turbolift doors? IIRC there was a grille effect in front of it (frequently visible shining on the lift doors and alcove walls) that could be easily set up in Poser, but I've never been able to get it to look right in D|S. Maybe it's easier to do with Iray lights?

I did not, but I'll take a look and see if I can.

I'm not much of a builder, but I'm glad people seem to like this. I'm happy to give back.

edited May 2015

I've added material presets and lighting to the turbolift. Scene file available for download.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/69192/

IrayBridge2.png
    2000 x 1125 - 4M
    Post edited by Timbales on
    edited May 2015

Perfect — that's exactly the sort of shadow effect I remember seeing way back when I still had Poser7 installed and I tried out the bridge set.

BTW, what's up with the Gallery? I'm trying to download the new scene file, but the entire page is dimmed and the swirly thing in the middle of the browser window isn't going away.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2015

Perfect — that's exactly the sort of shadow effect I remember seeing way back when I still had Poser7 installed and I tried out the bridge set.

BTW, what's up with the Gallery? I'm trying to download the new scene file, but the entire page is dimmed and the swirly thing in the middle of the browser window isn't going away.

Remove the hash symbol (#) from the line in the address bar and refresh the gallery page.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • barklay_6b973f85a5barklay_6b973f85a5 Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

Hi

I'm working on a 3D model of the Galaxy-class bridge. At the moment I'm going to texture the rear stations.
    Could someone help me to find a good texture from the panel in the picture?

review5.jpg
    1438 x 1080 - 305K
    edited December 1969

barklay said:
    Hi

I'm working on a 3D model of the Galaxy-class bridge. At the moment I'm going to texture the rear stations.
    Could someone help me to find a good texture from the panel in the picture?

Some templates here: cached page - might have to refresh the download to get it

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Remove the hash symbol (#) from the line in the address bar and refresh the gallery page.
    Got it now, thanks.

And looking at the original scene again is reminding me why a couple of years ago I eventually gave up all hope of reverse-engineering the Poser materials to work in D|S — everything's BRIGHT SHINY GLOSSY WHITE, especially the "fuzzy matte dark brown" carpet, and all the screens render black. Just when I thought I was beginning to get a handle (again) on those Poser shader trees...

4.8 coming out of beta so I can finally play with Iray can't come soon enough for me.

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Copy paste the long links into Notepad, turn off wordwrap and copy, paste into the address bar.

Doesn't matter how I write them up, forum software keeps breaking the links.

edited December 1969

Copy paste the long links into Notepad, turn off wordwrap and copy, paste into the address bar.

That doesn't make sense.

Try this: I just did this so I know it works. Open your browser, in the search window type LCARS and choose Ya-hoo. It'll bring up image results.

• Night-ForagerNight-Forager Posts: 123
    edited December 1969

After seeing TimG's excellent render of the TOS bridge, and after watching Sickleyield's IRay tutorial, I decided to have a go at it myself. The image on the viewscreen is a render I did using Daz's default render engine (3Delight) in Daz 4.7. By the way, RDuda, sorry for wrecking your Explorer bridge. :D

trek_iray_test_forum.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

That doesn't make sense.

Try this: I just did this so I know it works. Open your browser, in the search window type LCARS and choose Ya-hoo. It'll bring up image results.

If you click on the links in your post, I get the Yahoo can't find the page message ... so I tried to repost the links to a word so people could just click on a word and get the search result page ... still didn't work right ... some urls are just too long for the forum software to handle as far as I can figure ... anyhow ... you found a nice bunch, thank you ... my post makes sense if one does that because I did that and it works too. Possibly i could have clarified which links I was talking about but as my post followed yours didn't think copying all that over again was necessary ... but that's okay ...

Am in here now posting that on sale atm for Genesis is a Scottish outfit: http://www.daz3d.com/scottish-kilts-prince-charlie-outfit

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

That doesn't make sense.

If you click on the links in your post, I get the Yahoo can't find the page message ... so I tried to repost the links to a word so people could just click on a word and get the search result page ... still didn't work right ... some urls are just too long for the forum software to handle as far as I can figure ... anyhow ... you found a nice bunch, thank you ... my post makes sense if one does that because I did that and it works too. Possibly i could have clarified which links I was talking about but as my post followed yours didn't think copying all that over again was necessary ... but that's okay ...

Am in here now posting that on sale atm for Genesis is a Scottish outfit: http://www.daz3d.com/scottish-kilts-prince-charlie-outfit

As long as folks can find them. :-)

• DemonslayerDemonslayer Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    I've added material presets and lighting to the turbolift. Scene file available for download.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/69192/

HOLY COW!!!!!! That is fantastic!!!! I may bug you with some questions. :) I'm working on a live action film and that set looks almost as real as the one at Star Trek Phase 2. :)

Seriously, you have raised the bar significantly!

Thanks for sharing the file!

Ken :)

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

That doesn't make sense.

As long as folks can find them. :-)

Yup ;-)

okay now, so did anybody else buy or already have this Scottish outfit for Genesis? While the flash page referral is gone, the item still appears to be on sale. I did find a bit of Scotty's ST plaid so am hoping to make a texture for it.

This discussion has been closed.