Show Us Your Iray Renders. Part VIII

Comments

• Gordig said:

The first one makes more sense in terms of lighting, but I do like the second one more. Maybe if you just adjusted the exposure and/or added a little more key lighting.

Thanks! I think I'd add more lights but still try to keep a night look and will work more on the rimlight silhoutte effect too 

• UHFUHF Posts: 512
  • UHF said:

Cloudy with a Chance of Meteor Showers

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/4986713818529792#image=1203910

The background and lighting are pretty good 

•  I'll start doing more mermaid renders but I need to do underwater lighting better

Just an elf princess posing. I added maps to the duel lobe while adjusting the color. The mirror is from a different set 

I added an expression this time. I added an overhead blue light to simulate night 

• xmasrosexmasrose Posts: 1,403
    edited February 2022
    xmasrose_22_vArtic MR NathaliaA-logo.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 896K
    Post edited by xmasrose on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,647

BandoriFan said:

I'll start doing more mermaid renders but I need to do underwater lighting better

Good luck, underwater lighting is rough. Most of the time, I don't even bother.

• UHFUHF Posts: 512

Arcane Jinx.

I put a lot of work into thie render.  I even hand painted the tattoos on the skin.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/4986713818529792#image=1204086

Jinx

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,082

Playing around with4.20, Red Crow Inn and Matte Fog.

2022-02-22 10:40:19.711 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 14 minutes 9.26 seconds

Click on image for full size.

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,462

I've actually done quite a lot recently, but I'm going to have to catch up on uploading them to the Daz Gallery. I try to flesh out the product listings for the sake of helping out people who use the Daz Deals plug-in to see what others have done with products (a feature that's often helped convince me on products, or introduce me to new ones), but that's going to take a while to fill those out.

Anyway, this one was done for the Daz Slackers Discord's weekly challenge a few weeks ago, on the brief "Light and Shadow":

Gallery Link

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,138

I love the Ultra Scenery Toolbox. It can be a little fiddly, but so useful.

Btw, I wonder how you're supposed to render a small boat like this in water. I rendered twice, once just th boat and figures without landscape, and photoshopped it together. Otherwise the water intersects with the boat.

Matt_Castle said:

I try to flesh out the product listings for the sake of helping out people who use the Daz Deals plug-in to see what others have done with products (a feature that's often helped convince me on products, or introduce me to new ones), but that's going to take a while to fill those out. 

Im very dogged about filling in the products used as well. It's not uncommon for me to have to track down upwards of thirty products, which is why it was so funny to me that my last two renders used a total of four products between them. 

edited February 2022

Uploading out of order, because I can more clearly remember what assets are in the newer scenes...

Point:

Gallery Link

Post edited by Matt_Castle on

Apparently I still find centaurs doing people things funny. (It also comes with a big disclaimer that I've made custom JCMs for my centaurs that massively increase their range of motion at the waist, before I cause anyone to waste their time experimenting).

This was done for the "Spring Cleaning" theme on the Daz Slackers Discord's weekly challenges:

Gallery Link

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,135

One of my newer pieces

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,342

Nice work

Robert Freise said:

Nice work

Thanks!

A couple volumetric renders.

In Training

Fetch Quest

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,362

dragotx said:

Robert Freise said:

Nice work

Thanks!

Ridley Scott on steroids!

Cheers,

Alex. 

• BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364
    edited March 2022

I really like how I coordinated her outfit in this one. Their hairs are a couple of my favorites tho maybe I overglossed her hair

I really love this outfit! The figure is a combination of different characters dialed in then other sliders. To get the skirt to fall like that I used two wind nodes adjusting them along the timeline

I love these poses! They're from the Le Mar Pinup set. All the mermaid pose sets I've seen are good too. I know the lighting can be better but I wanted her to be clearer. I desaturated some of the bluelights

Mermaid 4523532.png
    2000 x 2600 - 7M
    Post edited by BandoriFan on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,682
    edited March 2022

Just revisiting an older saved scene and goofing around with some filters in photoshop

alieninvasion33.jpg
    1431 x 849 - 2M
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,780

dragotx said:

One of my newer pieces

Beautiful! Love the lighting! 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,682

So nice UHF!

Probably done with volumetric renders for the time being.

Aladdin

Little known fact: the original story of Aladdin took place in China. The genie in the lamp was actually the second genie; the one that helped Aladdin escape from the cave came from a magic ring.

Wonderland said:  Beautiful! Love the lighting! 

Thank you!  Most of the lighting is Stonemason's though, it's a really fantastic environment he made.

Catching up on a load of renders I don't think I've uploaded here yet:

~~~~~

Betterment

Done for the Daz Slackers Discord's weekly challenge/suggestion of "Journey". While elves all have a natural tendency for good physical performance, Whisky is very much learning that she's still got some work to do if she wants to keep up with her daughters.

Gallery Link

Break

This was done for the Daz Slackers Discord's weekly challenge/suggestion of "Break Free". I may have focused more on the "Break" than the "Free"., but hey, I guess he's free to go home now...

Gallery Link

Buck
    School playground fights get a bit weird in the world of Veil...

(This is exploring the earlier friendship of a couple of my characters - Rina and Jennifer, the centaur and succubus respectively).

Gallery Link

Homework
    After all the normal stuff, like centaurs and prototype combat AIs, I thought I'd render something truly fantastical - a teenager actually doing homework.

Gallery Link

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,990
    edited March 2022

lou_harper said:

I love the Ultra Scenery Toolbox. It can be a little fiddly, but so useful.

Btw, I wonder how you're supposed to render a small boat like this in water. I rendered twice, once just th boat and figures without landscape, and photoshopped it together. Otherwise the water intersects with the boat.

Love the scene & what the Post Processing and color saturation does here.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,889
    edited March 2022

Another pic from the 60's again.

60's Loft.jpg
    1162 x 1215 - 793K
    Post edited by Masterstroke on
  • BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364

My first time using geometry editor to make a new material zone