Show Us Your Iray Renders. Part VIII

Comments

• The Blurst of Times said:

Just testing another dress that had an Empire waist. Maybe with a fabric swap, I'll use it for Regency era renders.

The fan creates some funky shadows on her right hand, making it look kind of weird.

(For some reason, I'll guess that's not the part of her body that necessarily draws the eye.)
    Figure is based on Sangriart's Evenstar, but many other dials mixed in.

Maybe its just the poses you've used, but your character reminds me of the character used in this product: IM Being Myself Poses for Genesis 8 Female They might have actually used some of Sangriart's Evenstar's character in the aforementioned promo character. Face/head shaping is still a challenging & time consuming task for me. frown

Ah, boobs. Always getting in the way, LOL.

Here's just some more experimenting with different dresses.

Remember not to delete the attachment

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited January 2022

magog_a4eb71ab said:

Maybe its just the poses you've used, but your character reminds me of the character used in this product: IM Being Myself Poses for Genesis 8 Female They might have actually used some of Sangriart's Evenstar's character in the aforementioned promo character. Face/head shaping is still a challenging & time consuming task for me. frown

Yeah, maybe some Evenstar in there.

Everyone has their own peculiar tastes for head/face shape. I usually start with 4-5 figures in some combinations... between 15-35% of each figure, sometimes as much as 50% but not more. I often don't like 100% dials. It's usually a lesser amount of many faces that I like.

That usually gets the best feeling from each of the faces that I like at the time.

Then I amplify the features that I like (Eye Size, Nose Size, Lips - Heart, etc.).

Sometimes, it creates a feeling of sameness, however. Especially when I use the same shaping dials.

Richard Haseltine said:

Remember not to delete the attachment

Strange.

Must have copied the IMG link at the wrong stage in the process.

Here she is, anyway.

I love this dress. It's Egyptian (Hemet-Nisut dress), but it feels very modern. Too modern for Regency era, sadly... though I'm trying to add bits to see if I can make it look older... despite being "Egyptian"/Macedonian-inspired. LOL.

Post edited by The Blurst of Times on

magog_a4eb71ab said:

Yeah, maybe some Evenstar in there.

Everyone has their own peculiar tastes for head/face shape. I usually start with 4-5 figures in some combinations... between 15-35% of each figure, sometimes as much as 50% but not more. I often don't like 100% dials. It's usually a lesser amount of many faces that I like.

That usually gets the best feeling from each of the faces that I like at the time.

Then I amplify the features that I like (Eye Size, Nose Size, Lips - Heart, etc.).

Sometimes, it creates a feeling of sameness, however. Especially when I use the same shaping dials.

Yes, too many and too high % of character morphs applied to the same model and it just gets way beyond my abilities to keep everything in proper proportions, and some character morphs just don't go well together above a certain % due to some of their parameters being similar(i.e. Kanade 8 & Aiko 8, Stephanie 8 & Victoria 8). I also try to keep the total % of character morphs used on a given model = or < 100%, but even then sometimes the face still ends up becoming too compressed/small. I don't know if its possible, but I'm hoping at some point they implement a feature in Daz Studio that measures facial features & proportions.

I also have the same issue with character body morphs. I end up using fewer character morphs on the body in comparison to the head. More often than not, if I use more than 3-5 character body morphs(depending on the dialed %), the body ends up becoming too thin, small, and/or tall in comparison to the head.

• After dealing with dForce and ancient V4/G2F outfits, I said, "DUCK IT". (Except with another letter besides "D".)

I resisted using this one (Marionette by SHIFTING IMAGES) because it's not really Regency, but meh. It's a really nice outfit. And it's a conformer, so I don't have to mess with dForce for every little thing.

• Slightly more naughty.

In a taseful and historical manner, of course.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,158

The Blurst of Times said:

Slightly more naughty.

In a taseful and historical manner, of course.

Depends on your perspective. Back then, the previous render would probably have been more scandalous. Western European fashion tended to be far more permissive of decolletage than legs.

...unless you were talking about the render as a whole, how she's sitting on a man's lap.

• The suggestive seating arrangement, yes... but it's a good point about the thigh-high boots. I was just throwing pirate stuff on & the boots look cool, but the bare legs would be better.

• Eh. I should crop this image (doesn't need to be that long), but I was testing out my conversion work on the dress & over-skirt.

• Once in a while, I'll render a guy.

edited January 2022

A little break from the Regency era, and a detour into Middle Earth.

Cost me some sanity because GIMP crashed a couple times on me while I was messing with this one...

• @The Blurst of Times I've really been enjoying seeing all your Regency renders, since it's a period I like to render as well. Thanks for sharing!

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,800
    edited January 2022

Latest render, testing Jordan Hair by 3d Universe.

office girl.jpg
    2048 x 1648 - 2M
    Post edited by Masterstroke on
  • TraceSL , Nice render and execution..

• When I originally finished this render , I thought it was one of my best. Did a lot of tweaking in the render settings. I was actually proud of it and posted only to find it had about 13 views.Some of my well lesser renders can get 40 50 views. Stange how peoples perception can like or dislike a picture. Anyways I'm a hobbist and make pictures is what I enjoy doing. So i'll keep on striving for the next super duper fantastic render.

Still Not Talking.jpg
    1165 x 663 - 428K
    edited January 2022

@SapphireBlue Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I know there are more of us who love that era... the literature, the history of the times - so dynamic and important. I still think it's sad that the store has so little of it... instead, focusing on the more complicated Victorian and Edwardian styles (so many more layers of clothing for proper Victorian attire).

Maybe if Regency fiction were more popular, I guess. LOL.

Stuck in Middle Earth for now, messing around a bit with an Elf.

A uncomplicated test render... didn't even convert the Dimocrates set piece to Iray. (Left it to the rendering engine.)

I hope she doesn't look too much like my Ranger, though. *sigh* I feel like I'm in a bit of a rut with the faces.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,324

"Old School" Social Network

• FirstBastion said:

"Old School" Social Network

yesyes

I remember 

• StevieCStevieC Posts: 70
    edited February 2022

image know how you feel...the same happens to me quite often. This one is astounding! Can't even imagine how many hours you must have spent tweaking it......and the vehicle on the right looks like it came right out of Mad Max! Excellent work, keep it up......there are still other who appreciate and take awe in your work!

Fast traslate

Icon translate

rkeene_18d39bc001 said:

When I originally finished this render , I thought it was one of my best. Did a lot of tweaking in the render settings. I was actually proud of it and posted only to find it had about 13 views.Some of my well lesser renders can get 40 50 views. Stange how peoples perception can like or dislike a picture. Anyways I'm a hobbist and make pictures is what I enjoy doing. So i'll keep on striving for the next super duper fantastic render.

Know how you feel...the same happens to me quite often. This one is astounding! Can't even imagine how many hours you must have spent tweaking it......and the vehicle on the right looks like it came right out of Mad Max! Excellent work, keep it up......there are still other who appreciate and take awe in your work!

Post edited by StevieC on

No idea why I made this.

Meet the Flintstones

• Which one of these do you like more?

I like the contrast more in the first but the second you can see her face better 

The first one makes more sense in terms of lighting, but I do like the second one more. Maybe if you just adjusted the exposure and/or added a little more key lighting.

• BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364
    edited February 2022

Also which one do you like?

I probably made the tiling on the leathers too thin. I added metalworx peeled painted shader to keep the tip of his boots metal while matching the color scheme I gave him. I also think I like his original hair better with him. I used Esra as a base and dialed him to 50% and Yuzuru at 50% and used some body morphs and adjusted the skin. I don't work with PBR skins too much so I'm still learning it

Post edited by BandoriFan on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,564
    edited February 2022

rkeene_18d39bc001 said:

When I originally finished this render , I thought it was one of my best. Did a lot of tweaking in the render settings. I was actually proud of it and posted only to find it had about 13 views.Some of my well lesser renders can get 40 50 views. Stange how peoples perception can like or dislike a picture. Anyways I'm a hobbist and make pictures is what I enjoy doing. So i'll keep on striving for the next super duper fantastic render.

very cool, wish it was bigger. As for the views, I discovered the same thing awhile back when i was posting to the DAZ gallery. It's all a popularity contest here, so don't feel bad. As long as you are happy, that is all the matters.

Post edited by FSMCDesigns on

rkeene_18d39bc001 said:

Generally, the renders I am the most proud of and put the most work into fly completely under the radar, while things that I throw together get lots of love. There's probably a lesson in there for me, but I'm not sure I want to learn it.

Anyway, I'd increase the tiling on the ground texture, since at the resolution you posted, that's the biggest tell that it's a render.

• Yeah, the ones that I think are cool when I finish them? Pfft. Nothing.

The ones that I don't think are that great? They get the most likes.

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited February 2022

Showing off her tattoo!

xmasrose_22_vArtic MR OneydaB-logo.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 615K
    Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited February 2022

Another one of my 3000gt render

The car and character are rendered in Iray But the background with the motion blur was created and rendered in 3delight pre production using stonemason urban future3 set.  and I used the background from those 3delight rendered images on a plane when i placed rendered the car in iray.  its a simple work around to be able to recreate motion blur . because Iray does not render motion blurs

3kgt2.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 601K
    3kgt4.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 278K
    3kgt5a.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 249K
    3kgt6.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 227K
    3kgt7.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 232K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • Excellent! Thank you for explaining the how to.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154

xmasrose (aka tulipe) said:

Showing off her tattoo!

those are some beautiful tats. I sure would not want to sit for them though ouch