UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,063

Martinjfrost said:

There will be single tire tracks that can easily be scaled for bikes of all sizes, just a case of scaling the decal on the correct axis. Obviously there are a million different types of tyres so ive tried to get a couple of generic ones in various compositions rather than all i could find, plus wet and dry ruts with no tyres for carts and harde wheels and just to add a bit of life to a bland path. 

Perfect (winks)... The ideas are flowin' :)  

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,157
    edited April 2023

I tried out the new animal tracks (equine shod and unshod) in UltraScenery Oaks and Dirt Track 4. I made the background and lighting with the new V3D HDR Creator and UltraScenery XT. The horse is the ancient LoRez Horse.

USX flat center with USC Oaks Track 4 HedgeMaker_009.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 584
    edited April 2023

More desert WIP

cactus forest.png
    2048 x 1024 - 4M
    Desert 6.png
    2048 x 1024 - 4M
    Post edited by HowieFarkes on
  • Norman_RNorman_R Posts: 94

HowieFarkes said:

More desert WIP

Wow yes 

Nice, I hope it comes soon (not Daz soon).

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,850

@HowieFarkes: Looks nice. Will there be more variations of the roads?

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited April 2023

I like both and the improved dirt road texture. The subtle erosion in the river bed is attention to detail that I like too.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on

Artini said:

This will be a bundle of ecologies so no new roads with this product.
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

Money reserved for that now. Looks excellent.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,850
    edited April 2023

HowieFarkes said:

Artini said:

This will be a bundle of ecologies so no new roads with this product.

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

Post edited by Artini on

New UltraScenery update in DIM.

• barbult said:

Yes. Not sure what changed though.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,149

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

Yes. Not sure what changed though.

The ReadMe is also updated - it says:

• 2023-04-03 Update Ver 1.3.5.1

• adds the ability to adjust the water level of the scene up and down (+/- up to 1 meter).

• features updated terrain materials that now correctly incorporate bump maps in all layers and higher res (2048×2048) texture maps.

AnEye4Art said:

The subtle erosion in the river bed is attention to detail that I like too.

Heh, glad you noticed :)
  • I love Ultrascenery, but I need help. This happens if I try to generate terrain using the stones. Everything else is fine, checked the Things to try, but still no joy:

Stone mess.png
    1527 x 1476 - 3M

hindmcdairmuid said:

I love Ultrascenery, but I need help. This happens if I try to generate terrain using the stones. Everything else is fine, checked the Things to try, but still no joy:

I've never seen anything quite like that from UltraScenery. Please give more specifics. What feature are you using? What ecology are you using. Are you using the default UltraScenery settings, or have you changed the terrain parameters or selected a height map?

• hindmcdairmuidhindmcdairmuid Posts: 29
    edited April 2023

barbult said:

hindmcdairmuid said:

I love Ultrascenery, but I need help. This happens if I try to generate terrain using the stones. Everything else is fine, checked the Things to try, but still no joy:

I've never seen anything quite like that from UltraScenery. Please give more specifics. What feature are you using? What ecology are you using. Are you using the default UltraScenery settings, or have you changed the terrain parameters or selected a height map?

I don't think Ecology is a factor, it only happens when I select "Stones" features, doesn't matter which one. I've expermiented with height maps but haven't used them recently; AFAIK my settings are all default.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

I haven't tried Stones features since the very recent UltraScenery update. I'll try one and see what happens.

• hindmcdairmuidhindmcdairmuid Posts: 29
    edited April 2023

barbult said:

I haven't tried Stones features since the very recent UltraScenery update. I'll try one and see what happens.

Have the most recent update and it's still happening. It has been this way for a few weeks, I'm dreading the thought that there may be a conflict with another download as I'm a bit of a jackdaw as far as "shiney new things" go.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

I tried Stones 3 and Grassland 1. It worked fine.

You said you checked Things to Try, but let's just double check the most common trouble causers:

1) What installation method do you use to install content? DIM is the best IMO. If you intentionally or accidently install any UltraScenery products from inside Daz Studio by clicking on Install, they will not work, even if you also install the product some other way (DIM, Daz Central, manually).

2) Do you have anything related to Octane Render installed?

USC Stones 3 Grassland 1.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
  • Always use DIM, and uninstalled Octane upon seeing TtT.

hindmcdairmuid said:

Always use DIM, and uninstalled Octane upon seeing TtT.

Have you tried rebooting your computer or restarting Daz Studio since uninstalling Octane Render?

• barbult said:

hindmcdairmuid said:

Have you tried rebooting your computer or restarting Daz Studio since uninstalling Octane Render?

Arrrrgh! I can't believe I didn't try switching it of and switching it on again! That got it. Thanks, Barbult. :D

hindmcdairmuid said:

barbult said:

hindmcdairmuid said:

Arrrrgh! I can't believe I didn't try switching it of and switching it on again! That got it. Thanks, Barbult. :D

Wonderful! I'm happy I could help.

• Just a heads up that my UltraScenery Road Works - Road and Path Materials bundle has been updated to reflect and work with the new version of Ultrascenery with the enhanced landscape textures. Ive removed some of the ulilitys as they are not neccisary with this new version and also have re addied in three new road surface materials - Mossy Path, and a packed dirt. 

The update went live today. 

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,063

Martinjfrost said:

Just a heads up that my UltraScenery Road Works - Road and Path Materials bundle has been updated to reflect and work with the new version of Ultrascenery with the enhanced landscape textures. Ive removed some of the ulilitys as they are not neccisary with this new version and also have re addied in three new road surface materials - Mossy Path, and a packed dirt. 

The update went live today. 

AWESOME!!!!  Thanks for the update.

• Hey, all. I don't use DIM (except for the couple of items/situations that require it). With reports of updates to Ultrascenery and Road Works, I went looking for something that looks like a notification of an update to them. Neither DazCentral - which is what I normally use - nor DIM actually show anything resembling a notification of an update, though I see in DIM that both of these are in the Installed tab, with recent dates. Am I supposed to select them, and then uninstall and reinstall them? 

• paulawp (marahzen) said:

Hey, all. I don't use DIM (except for the couple of items/situations that require it). With reports of updates to Ultrascenery and Road Works, I went looking for something that looks like a notification of an update to them. Neither DazCentral - which is what I normally use - nor DIM actually show anything resembling a notification of an update, though I see in DIM that both of these are in the Installed tab, with recent dates. Am I supposed to select them, and then uninstall and reinstall them? 

No, it should show as an update. By the way, it doesn't show as an update for me either.

• paulawp (marahzen) said:

Hey, all. I don't use DIM (except for the couple of items/situations that require it). With reports of updates to Ultrascenery and Road Works, I went looking for something that looks like a notification of an update to them. Neither DazCentral - which is what I normally use - nor DIM actually show anything resembling a notification of an update, though I see in DIM that both of these are in the Installed tab, with recent dates. Am I supposed to select them, and then uninstall and reinstall them? 

It is certainly showing as an update in smart content if you navigate to the items there you can update it in the app. Ill send a message to the beta tester to let him know.  

I saw the update to UltraScenery in Ready to Download several days ago and installed it. I don't see an update for Martinjfrost's products in DIM Ready to Download either.

This discussion has been closed.