UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,314
    edited May 2023

Bought and downloaded. I hope to have a play around with the new set this weekend.

Cheers,

Alex. 

Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,443

I will buy the new desert set, but curved roads...Is there a reason why this is so? It would be good to have straight shot... and, a way to accurately mesh multiple terrains so they match up. That would be super good. 

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,069
    edited May 2023

Yep, another working-late day. But I found a few spare minutes to do this one at least.

LongRideHome.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited May 2023

Very beautiful. I love the colors, details, atmosphere - everything. Well done.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • MartinjfrostMartinjfrost Posts: 325

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Yep, another working-late day. But I found a few spare minutes to do this one at least.

Lovely image, your doing that desert set proud! ;-) 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Very lovely. You have a wonderful gift with the horses and people.

Reminds me of my Aunt Mary Katherine who kept horses on her and my Uncle Chet's 'mini-ranch' in the Mojave between Palmdale and Lancaster and let me ride her horse one summer in 1964.

Mary

• Thanks for the kind words, all. smiley I have been waiting anxiously for Desert ever since the first mention of it and couldn't wait til after work to try it out. I was piecing this together all day whenever I had free minute here and there.

height maps ... black is low, white is high?

I have the desert in my library. 

edited May 2023

Another one, this one with Desert 06 ... Yeah, I know, no one else's first (OK, second) thought on getting a desert USC set was to do a summer thunderstorm.

And just to prove that there is sun in my world, here's the same setup with the clouds and rain made invisible. There is indeed a lot of sun in my real world, actually. I live in a desert not so different from this.

Monsoon.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 851K
    not-monsoon.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 748K
  • AnitaLeeAnitaLee Posts: 41

Hello, so I am just missing something.  How do I use this product?  I have it and MANY of the add ons.  but when I run the script it only sees TAO.  NO idea why or how it sees that one.  Wanted to use it for austrailia set I bought, but can find no way to do so. Please help

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,314

AnitaLee said:

Hello, so I am just missing something.  How do I use this product?  I have it and MANY of the add ons.  but when I run the script it only sees TAO.  NO idea why or how it sees that one.  Wanted to use it for austrailia set I bought, but can find no way to do so. Please help

Have you installed it using DAZ Connect?  This doesn't work with the folder structure that Ultrascenery is expecting. If you have then you will have to uninstall it using Connect and then re-install it using either DIM or the manual installer.

Cheers,

Alex.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,309

AnitaLee said:

I have it installed, but haven't opened it yet, but I do remember there was an issue for some people when installing a new enironment set in UltraScenery - Remember to scroll UP in the list as well!  It even got me once. :)

• DreamWeeverDreamWeever Posts: 159

OK so I just went to use  US and I have had something very odd happen, when using the island option the water is loading off to one side and most of the plants are up in the air.

The image attached uses the moor set but it is doing it with the basic grassland too, all the other land shapes I tried, ie coast, are working just fine.

I install everything manually, drag and drop from the zip files, I don't have the octagon plugin that causes problems and everything was working fine the last time I used US.

Sorry if I am not being very clear, its late here and my brain is fried

MoorIsland.jpg
    1961 x 1361 - 543K
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,070

You have unleashed the hithertofore unknown to everyone 'Tornado Easter Egg' hidden by Howie in the script. wink

Seriously, though, I have never seen anything remotely like it before. I also do 100% manual installation. Baffled.

Regards,

Richard

richardandtracy said:

You have unleashed the hithertofore unknown to everyone 'Tornado Easter Egg' hidden by Howie in the script. wink

Seriously, though, I have never seen anything remotely like it before. I also do 100% manual installation. Baffled.

Regards,

Richard

Lol yeah it dose look rather like a Tornado and could be very cool in some situations.

It's a bit of a pain though as I really needed that particular combo for a render I want to do for our D&D campaign 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,149

DreamWeever said:

OK so I just went to use  US and I have had something very odd happen, when using the island option the water is loading off to one side and most of the plants are up in the air.

The image attached uses the moor set but it is doing it with the basic grassland too, all the other land shapes I tried, ie coast, are working just fine.

I install everything manually, drag and drop from the zip files, I don't have the octagon plugin that causes problems and everything was working fine the last time I used US.

Does this happen when you first run USC, or when you regenerate it?

Something liike this happens to me if I move the terrain then try to regenerate it. If it is a regeneration, did you move the USC terrain for some reason before regenerating?

MelanieL said:

DreamWeever said:

Something liike this happens to me if I move the terrain then try to regenerate it. If it is a regeneration, did you move the USC terrain for some reason before regenerating?

Its happening on a first run. The first time it did it I was adding a second USC to a scene I was building so that was my first thought too that I had moved something or that it was getting confused with having two in the same scene so tried it out in a new scene with nothing else loaded and it was still doing the tornado thing. That was when I went looking at other landscape features and found out it is only the island doing this, Coasts, no feature etc are all behaving 

• DreamWeever said:

MelanieL said:

DreamWeever said:

Its happening on a first run. The first time it did it I was adding a second USC to a scene I was building so that was my first thought too that I had moved something or that it was getting confused with having two in the same scene so tried it out in a new scene with nothing else loaded and it was still doing the tornado thing. That was when I went looking at other landscape features and found out it is only the island doing this, Coasts, no feature etc are all behaving 

Yeah, I do multiple USC objects all the time - never saw that happen before. Is that Island 3?

paulawp (marahzen) said:

DreamWeever said:

MelanieL said:

DreamWeever said:

Yeah, I do multiple USC objects all the time - never saw that happen before. Is that Island 3?

Same. Yeah I thnk so, the one that has the path going across it from the two jetties. Sorry not at the art computer right now to double check 

• JoeMLee80JoeMLee80 Posts: 1
    edited May 2023

05-07 09:45:54.734 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 920

2023-05-07 09:45:54.734 [WARNING] :: TypeError: Result of expression 'hf_app.ui.wWaterLevelAdjust' [undefined] is not an object.

2023-05-07 09:45:54.734 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/environments/landscapes/ultrascenery/ultrascenecreator.dse:920

2023-05-07 09:45:54.739 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/environments/landscapes/ultrascenery/ultrascenecreator.dse

Any help with this, it was working fine then today when I tried to create a sceen it would stop at the water. Never mind I figured it out.

Post edited by JoeMLee80 on
  • bombenleger58bombenleger58 Posts: 100

Desert Road

USC-Desert-BigBillTruck-01-sm.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 719K
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,149
    edited May 2023

I finally had the chance to try out the desert scenery today. Here's my first:

Delivery to Dodge

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • MartinjfrostMartinjfrost Posts: 325

Another teaser here..... just in case you wanted some high resolution desert plants to put in your renders.......Hopefully Out this weekend .

So I am still having the weird thing with Isand 1, I tried downloading and reinstalling US but it didn't fix it. Every other land feature is behaving just not that one

MoorIsland.jpg
    1961 x 1361 - 543K
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

@DreamWeever Can you give us the rest of your settings to see if we can replicate this issue?

Daventaki said:

@DreamWeever Can you give us the rest of your settings to see if we can replicate this issue?

That was done with everything left on the default setting and it doesn't matter what ecosystem you use, the one in the image is one of the moor ones but it did it with the default grassland too and every other one I tried too 

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 584

DreamWeever said:

So I am still having the weird thing with Isand 1, I tried downloading and reinstalling US but it didn't fix it. Every other land feature is behaving just not that one

Managed to replicate this. It happens when the script can't find the "TA Dock 02" prop which should be installed at /environments/TangoAlpha/USC/props/TA Dock 02.duf in your library.

HowieFarkes said:

DreamWeever said:

Managed to replicate this. It happens when the script can't find the "TA Dock 02" prop which should be installed at /environments/TangoAlpha/USC/props/TA Dock 02.duf in your library.

That is odd as I have used this land feature before with no problems, its only just started doing it and I have not moved anything around. I will have a look and see if something has got moved somehow but I have always been careful about putting USC stuff in the same places as are in the zipped folder rather than my custom folders 

edited May 2023

Another desert creation - this is one is from Desert 01. I did it for the current "Summer Fun" render contest.

Yeah, it's another couple-on-bikes scene. When I originally considered doing an image to enter this contest, I was planning to do the two required characters in a Jeep with a similar USC scene - only to discover that I really don't have a Jeep-like vehicle good enough for close-up use.

RidgeLoop.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 969K
This discussion has been closed.