UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• DreamWeeverDreamWeever Posts: 159

DreamWeever said:

HowieFarkes said:

DreamWeever said:

So I am still having the weird thing with Isand 1, I tried downloading and reinstalling US but it didn't fix it. Every other land feature is behaving just not that one

Managed to replicate this. It happens when the script can't find the "TA Dock 02" prop which should be installed at /environments/TangoAlpha/USC/props/TA Dock 02.duf in your library.

That is odd as I have used this land feature before with no problems, its only just started doing it and I have not moved anything around. I will have a look and see if something has got moved somehow but I have always been careful about putting USC stuff in the same places as are in the zipped folder rather than my custom folders 

Sorry I meant to come back to this sooner, @HowieFarkes I had a look at where the dock props were in my library and they were in the props folder under USC not TangoAlpha so I moved them over to where you said they should be and everything is working now.

What has me scratching my head is that a couple of months back I used Island 1 in a render and it worked fine with the docks where I found them just now but this time it didn't. Its odd but no matter as we have found the problem and fixed it.

Once I finish putting the current USC scene together I'll share it here, so far I have 4 USC tiles and an USXT in there plus some other things lol 

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Martinjfrost said:

Another teaser here..... just in case you wanted some high resolution desert plants to put in your renders.......Hopefully Out this weekend .

Desert Cacti and Joshua Trees has been released!!  Looks great Martinjfrost and of course I picked it up!

• MartinjfrostMartinjfrost Posts: 325
    edited May 2023

Daventaki said:

Martinjfrost said:

Desert Cacti and Joshua Trees has been released!!  Looks great Martinjfrost and of course I picked it up!

Thanks - Just Fyi The Joshuattrees were heavily updated whilst the productg was with QA and some how the old image of them pre upgrade have slipped in

The Desert Cacti and Josuha Trees Bundle is a set of high resolution plants which are either included in Low Res versions in Ultrascenery Deserts or in the case of the joshua trees were just too memory intensive to include in the desert bundle in a version which looked convincing, so here they are in high resolution for individual placement in your scenes. 

Post edited by Martinjfrost on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

They just got bought by me! Thank you so much sir.

Mary

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

You are a master of promo images. I couldn't resist - not that I wanted to resist...smiley

barbult said:

You are a master of promo images. I couldn't resist - not that I wanted to resist...smiley

Why Thankyou! I do my best! ;-) 

• Daventaki said:

Martinjfrost said:

Another teaser here..... just in case you wanted some high resolution desert plants to put in your renders.......Hopefully Out this weekend .

Yep, in my cart already too. 

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,234

Please make me spend more money.laugh

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,314

I wasn't sure about the Desert Cacti set at first but I've figured out how to use them in my vaguely Tolkienesqe fantasy universe so into the cart they went. 

Cheers,

Alex.

barbult said:

Why Thankyou! I do my best! ;-) 

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,069
    edited May 2023

This is a redo of a render I did almost a year and a half ago, which I decided deserved a second try with this spiffy new Desert set, plus I'm a year and half better since the original version of this image. (Oh, and I have gobs more stuff to use than I had then...)

Desolation, 2023.jpg
    1500 x 650 - 497K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

Well done. You beat me to a similar idea I had that included an abandoned truck but I was going use this one instead: https://www.daz3d.com/old-jalopy-for-pickup-truck-1930

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,444

paulawp (marahzen) said:

This is a redo of a render I did almost a year and a half ago, which I decided deserved a second try with this spiffy new Desert set, plus I'm a year and half better since the original version of this image. (Oh, and I have gobs more stuff to use than I had then...)

i like this render a lot. Perfect in the new desert USC 

edited May 2023

Here is a very early stages of production teaser...... 

Just in case you thought id taken the month off. lol

Post edited by Martinjfrost on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,920

Classic(al)

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 802

Oh sweetness!
    edited May 2023

Inhospitable

This is my attempt at a dusty desert scene using UltraScenery and some of the plants from Desert Cacti and Joshua Trees

Inhospitable.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

Martinjfrost said:

Will the columns and rock ruins be part of the set? 

AnEye4Art said:

Martinjfrost said:

Will the columns and rock ruins be part of the set? 

No they wont, they are just in there to help with context, you wold not want a forest of such things on a terrain as large as this, What ive done is taken the modular classical ruins set and then moved bits around and half buried them in this instance.  

barbult said:

Inhospitable

This is my attempt at a dusty desert scene using UltraScenery and some of the plants from Desert Cacti and Joshua Trees

Nice Work ;)  I love the atmosphere here.  

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    edited May 2023

I must be doing something wrong. I click on the UltraSceneCreator script, everything looks good (Except that in features/ecology/water panes it takes forever to scroll through the options)... but then in the "build" pane, all of the boxes are empty. If I click on any of them, the options are "Browse" and "Apply to All Layers".
    Browsing takes me to My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Textures/Exnem/Steak BBQ.
    If I go to Runtime/Textures/HowieFarkes, all I see is the original Harpwood Trail.
    Installed via manual download to USB drive, transfer to art computer, into Install Manager Downloads, then open DAZ install Manager, and install.
    What is wrong and how do I fix it?

i7 8700
    1080ti
    64G RAM
    Studio 4.12

Post edited by Petercat on

Petercat said:

I must be doing something wrong. I click on the UltraSceneCreator script, everything looks good (Except that in features/ecology/water panes it takes forever to scroll through the options)... but then in the "build" pane, all of the boxes are empty. If I click on any of them, the options are "Browse" and "Apply to All Layers".
    If I go to Runtime/Textures/HowieFarkes, all I see is the original Harpwood Trail.
    Installed via manual download to USB drive, transfer to art computer, into Install Manager Downloads, then open DAZ install Manager, and install.

i7 8700
    1080ti
    64G RAM
    Studio 4.12

The boxes are optional layer masks. Empty is the normal default state.

barbult said:

Petercat said:

i7 8700
    1080ti
    64G RAM
    Studio 4.12

What is a layer mask?
    And I have Accelerator, how long should it take the program to finish running?
    Say, with everything at default?
    Because it's been over twenty minutes and the yellow bar hasn't moved. It's been at
    about 3%, and I don't see anything relevant in Task Manager except that one CPU core
    is bouncing off of 100% while the other seven are almost idling.
    Frustrating.

Petercat said:

barbult said:

Petercat said:

i7 8700
    1080ti
    64G RAM
    Studio 4.12

What is a layer mask?
    And I have Accelerator, how long should it take the program to finish running?
    Say, with everything at default?
    Because it's been over twenty minutes and the yellow bar hasn't moved. It's been at
    about 3%, and I don't see anything relevant in Task Manager except that one CPU core
    is bouncing off of 100% while the other seven are almost idling.
    Frustrating.

It should take about a minute or so to build a default scene with the Accelerator. Not twenty.
    Layer masks are explained in the user Manual that comes with UltraScenery - Realistic Landscape System.
    Check the first post in this thread for troubleshooting tips.
    Check the Daz Studio log file to see if there are any related errors or warnings.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,070
    About one core being 100% and the others 0%, that's expected during the creation process. It's a single thread operation, and not really possible to make multi threaded. Regards, Richard.

Log file posted below.
    The only thing close to a manual that I find is an Ultrascenery user guide, which is pretty concise.
    Sooo... I let it run overnight. UltraScenCreator window still there, yellow bar hasn't moved. Still at 3%. Clicked the "X" in the corner, nothing happened. Minimized Studio window, brought it back, Creator window is gone. Black viewport. Three items in Scene tab, UltraScene, UltraScene Terrain, and UltraScene Feature Props. Thought, "I need light". Added Iray Worlds Skydome, it didn't show up in Scene Tab. Thought "Add a camera, use headlight".
    New camera doesn't show up in Scene Tab, either. Spot render shows only the Sky Dome that I added. In the view selection, the Skydome's Film-Cam and the camera that I created are there, but I can't choose them. Spot render only shows Iray Worlds Skydome, nothing from Ultrascene.
    It's too early in the morning for this kind of frustration.

Just closed Studio. It closed with an error message:
    "Daz Studio has encountered a fatal error, and must close"

txt
    txt
    Scenery.txt

Restarted computer, opened Studio, ran UltraSceneCreator. Nothing else. Closed Studio, got the same error message.

Petercat said:

Restarted computer, opened Studio, ran UltraSceneCreator. Nothing else. Closed Studio, got the same error message.

It sounds as if you may want to try uninstalling ultrascenery, and then re installing it and all its components using the  Daz Instal Manager ( dont install within smart content or any other way) . It may be that things are not where they need to be for it to work. 

Okay, I don't know what happened. I tried again. It worked this time.
    Scene: stock, no mods.
    Features: Coast 1
    Ecology: Harpwood 2
    Water: Blue Lake
    Build: Nothing checked, Ecology seed +1, Adjust water level +1
    Scene created in ten minutes.

So what was keeping it from working?

By the way, what does TAO mean? I can't find the reference.

This discussion has been closed.