UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,369

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Sharing for others who like this sort of thing .. this cart, including driver pose and tack, is a new freebie over at, well, the other place. Please don't judge it on my shortcomings ... I'm sort of between computers at the moment.

Thanks, both for letting us know about the freebie, and for the very nice render! 

• Thank You @barbult & @Llola Lane

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,833

bombenleger58 said:

More Play with the Tropics

Waterway1, Tropics4, Bamboohouse1 & Swampboat

Waterway9, Tropics4, Bamboohouse1 & Swampboat

Great images - well done.

• @Artini  Thank You!!

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732

WOW! so much talent here. Great artwork everyone. Thanks for the FREEBIES too,

The level of imagination and the creative concepts that is evident here, is very inspering to artists and asset makers alike. They must be proud to see what can be done with the assets they have created.

Looking at some of the work, you can see that a lot of thought went into them. Poses, placement, lighting motion or ambiance. Daz and content creators are happy to have artists like you to depect their contents in these creative and lifelike manner. Keep up the awesome work and thanks for sharing your artwork.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,062
    edited December 2022

I've been otherwise occupied for the last couple of weeks putting together my new computer. This was more for fun than as a serious work, but it's the first final product from it. Happy holidays, all!

Now running a system with an RTX 3090/64 GB RAM.

SimplerTime.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 893K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,062

paulawp (marahzen) said:

I've been otherwise occupied for the last couple of weeks putting together my new computer. This was more for fun than as a serious work, but it's the first final product from it. Happy holidays, all!

Now running a system with an RTX 3090/64 GB RAM.

Wonderful artwork paulawp (marahzen)... congratzi on the new computer (Merry Christmas Gift to you!!!)... Getting a new one really made Daz more enjoyable for me.  I hope yours does as well...  Stay warm and be well... Hugzzzzzzzzzzzz from snowy Ohio... burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• @paulawp beautiful Work and congrats to your new Computer. After 6 Years i have a new Computer too and now i install my Content new. thats a hobby for the next 2 Weeks.

The new one i9-13900KF, 64GB DDR5 RAM and a Zotac NVidia 4090 24GB RAM.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,062
    edited December 2022

bombenleger58 said:

@paulawp beautiful Work and congrats to your new Computer. After 6 Years i have a new Computer too and now i install my Content new. thats a hobby for the next 2 Weeks.

Yes, it literally took two weeks of installing content! And I'm still running into a few things here and there that I need to copy over. Congrats on your new computer also. 

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,437

new systems ... aweomse and congrats. What brand did you both get? 
    Those ultrascenery renders will be but a puff now. 

bombenleger58 said:

@paulawp beautiful Work and congrats to your new Computer. After 6 Years i have a new Computer too and now i install my Content new. thats a hobby for the next 2 Weeks.

Intersting configuration of your new computer - congrats.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,062
    edited December 2022

I wonder if anyone could help me a little. I have just started using a new machine with DS4.21 on it. I have created the scene below, and it needs some infill light to highlight the character. The one thing you can't see is the 15million lumen spotlight positioned 100cm from her front. It should be like a small star has ignited there, but I can see nothing. Any clues why not? The overall light is sun/sky, but that shouldn't shut other lights off. Any ideas,please? I'm stumped.

Regards,

Richard 

Michelle 03 R01.jpg
    1860 x 902 - 331K
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • richardandtracy said:

I wonder if anyone could help me a little. I have just started using a new machine with DS4.21 on it. I have created the scene below, and it needs some infill light to highlight the character. The one thing you can't see is the 15million lumen spotlight positioned 100cm from her front. It should be like a small star has ignited there, but I can see nothing. Any clues why not? The overall light is sun/sky, but that shouldn't shut other lights off. Any ideas,please? I'm stumped.

Regards,

Richard 

Sun-Sky Only doesn't render spotlights, maybe use a ghost light instead?

• I did wonder, but it seems utterly irrational. And in 4.21 the ghost lights are multiplied by the opacity. Regards, Richard.
  • Are you using the Public Beta, or General Release?

• The general release. Regards, Richard.
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139

You can also use the render setting for the basic HDRI and scene lights, but remove the HDRI image - I believe that then defaults to the sun/sky lighting, though I can't remember whether you get the full range of options of straight sun/sky. Worth a try though.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,153
    MelanieL said:

You can also use the render setting for the basic HDRI and scene lights, but remove the HDRI image - I believe that then defaults to the sun/sky lighting, though I can't remember whether you get the full range of options of straight sun/sky. Worth a try though.

That works, but you have to be aware of one problem. If you save the scene and reload it, Daz Studio will put the default HDRI back in, and your lighting will be wrong. You have to manually delete the HDRI from the Render Settings again.
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Use Dome and Scene/Draw Dome off and remove any Environment Map.

@barbuilt

I load DAZ Studio with a default scene that has no map with my default settings. When I make a scene that doesn't use an HDRI and save it then load it it still doesn't have a map. I am not sure what the difference is about my system as I have seen other posts saying the same as you. I use both 4.5 and 4.21 Beta.

Fishtales said:

Use Dome and Scene/Draw Dome off and remove any Environment Map.

@barbuilt

I load DAZ Studio with a default scene that has no map with my default settings. When I make a scene that doesn't use an HDRI and save it then load it it still doesn't have a map. I am not sure what the difference is about my system as I have seen other posts saying the same as you. I use both 4.5 and 4.21 Beta.

I can't reproduce your results. I created a new startup scene with Dome and Scene, Draw Dome off, and no HDRI in the Environment Map. When I saved that scene I had Render Settings checked as one of the options to save with the scene. I examined the scene file and there was no reference to any HDRI file in it. However, as soon as I restart Daz Studio, the HDRI is back in the Environment Map slot. I submitted a help request about this a long time ago, but the problem remains. I don't know what could be different for you. I am using 4.21.1.26 Public Build.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

barbult said:

I can't reproduce your results. I created a new startup scene with Dome and Scene, Draw Dome off, and no HDRI in the Environment Map. When I saved that scene I had Render Settings checked as one of the options to save with the scene. I examined the scene file and there was no reference to any HDRI file in it. However, as soon as I restart Daz Studio, the HDRI is back in the Environment Map slot. I submitted a help request about this a long time ago, but the problem remains. I don't know what could be different for you. I am using 4.21.1.26 Public Build.

I use the Render Settings Pane if that makes a difference.

Fishtales said:

barbult said:

I use the Render Settings Pane if that makes a difference.

I also use rhe Render Settings pane.

edited December 2022

One of my first renders of UltraScenery made with Daz Studio 4.21.0.5 Pro.

I have placed a white spotlight (150000 lumen) slightly above the yellow meshlight (prop with the emission material)

and have used one of the presets from:

https://www.daz3d.com/skies-of-gaia-volume-2--40-8k-hdris-for-iray

Edit: forum does not take images, at the moment :(

Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 2022

I cannot upload the image to the forum, so below is the ASCII representation of it.

Hope, you will get an idea...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMo"oMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMoMM"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMoMoMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMoMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMoMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMoMoMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMoMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMoMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMoMMMMMMMMM"MMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMM"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMoMMMMMMMMMMMM"Mo"MM"MMMMMMMMMMMoMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"MMMMMMMMoMMMMMMoMMM"MMM"M"MMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMoMM"MMMMM"MMM"MMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"M"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMo ooo"MMMMo"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMoMMMMMMMoMoMMMMMMM"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM oo"MMoM"M"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMo"MMMoM"M"Mo"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMo"M M M"o"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMoMMMM"Moo M MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMo"M"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"MMoMMMMMM"MM"M"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMoMMMMMMMMMM"M"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMoMMMMMMMo"MM"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
    Post edited by Artini on

Artini said:

I cannot upload the image to the forum, so below is the ASCII representation of it.

Hope, you will get an idea...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMo"oMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMoMM"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMoMoMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMoMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMoMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMoMoMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMoMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMoMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMoMMMMMMMMM"MMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMM"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMoMMMMMMMMMMMM"Mo"MM"MMMMMMMMMMMoMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"MMMMMMMMoMMMMMMoMMM"MMM"M"MMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMoMM"MMMMM"MMM"MMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"M"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMo ooo"MMMMo"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMoMMMMMMMoMoMMMMMMM"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM oo"MMoM"M"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMo"MMMoM"M"Mo"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMo"M M M"o"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMoMMMM"Moo M MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMo"M"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"MMoMMMMMM"MM"M"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMoMMMMMMMMMM"M"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMoMMMMMMMo"MM"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Nope! laugh

edited December 2022

Another try... Yikes - uploading images works!!!

You can compare now...

DirtTrack101sc02pic05.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 617K
    Post edited by Artini on

Uploads work intermittently. I can get a much better idea of your scene now. yes

Thanks. I have succeded to upload only this image today, so far.

Artini said:

I tried some earlier and they failed, too.

Let me say "Bye, nice knowing you all", in case the whole forum just plain dies. I think it has been in hospice for quite a long time already. It seems to be in even worse declining health this month, with bad icons, intermittent uploads, and infrequent notifications. It needs a heart transplant.  crying

• barbult said:

Artini said:

I tried some earlier and they failed, too.

Let me say "Bye, nice knowing you all", in case the whole forum just plain dies. I think it has been in hospice for quite a long time already. It seems to be in even worse declining health this month, with bad icons, intermittent uploads, and infrequent notifications. It needs a heart transplant.  crying

Yes, there's something up with the notifications! I haven't seen any in almost a week. I was wondering if everyone was just busy with holiday stuff or something.

Speaking of light, I have not done much with it yet, but I did start testing that new Iray Lighting Environment item that some of us were discussing in the forum for that product. I don't usually use HDRIs so I can't speak to how it plays with Ultrascenery and HDRIs, but it adds to Sun-Sky - you just have to set non light parts to have 0 opacity but it does add light. 

This discussion has been closed.