UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Same here - it gets stuck at the very end of creating the landscape.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,437

Nath said:

Mine is working fine. I installed the update Nov. 30. Have rendered a few scenes since. Just did one just to see and it worked.

What could be the difference?  Nvidia drivers?  

daveso said:

Nath said:

Mine is working fine. I installed the update Nov. 30. Have rendered a few scenes since. Just did one just to see and it worked.

Might be, but the same driver (game 526.47) was working fine before I installed the DIM update. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,154
    I also installed the update a few days ago and it is working fine. What feature and ecology are you building?

Nath said:

daveso said:

Nath said:

Might be, but the same driver (game 526.47) was working fine before I installed the DIM update. 

Rolled back to game driver 522.25, tried studio driver 526.98, and am now on game driver 527.37  - still not working, hangs at the end of creating the landscape

barbult said:

I also installed the update a few days ago and it is working fine. What feature and ecology are you building?

I tried several different ones -  among them No features, Grassland 1 and Lake 1, Oaks 9, base water. It hangs on creating the Daisies instances for the Grassland, and on the Water for the Lake.

If I stop the process at that point, and try again, I get an error when I try to reopen US.

I've also reinstalled US from my Product Library.

@Nath I'll try those combinations.

Nath said:

barbult said:

I tried several different ones -  among them No features, Grassland 1 and Lake 1, Oaks 9, base water. It hangs on creating the Daisies instances for the Grassland, and on the Water for the Lake.

If I stop the process at that point, and try again, I get an error when I try to reopen US.

I've also reinstalled US from my Product Library.

Just tried those and they all work. I'm using the accelorator. Is it possible the scenery has gotten corrupted? is it always on the daisies? Turn them off and see if it then works.  

edited December 2022

_No Features and Grassland 1 built (with accelerator) in 9.12 seconds.
    Lake 1 and Oaks 9 built (with accelerator) in 25.62 seconds.with Extend Forest checked.

I used the default terrain settings in the first tab and the default seed of 0. I did not restrict to a camera. Are there any significant messages in your Daz error log?

I shoulld add that I am on Windows 10, DS 4.21.0.5 Public Build, and Nvidia driver 516.94

Post edited by barbult on

Tried Daveso's suggestion to turn off the daisies, that just moves the hang to the item before that.

I'm not sure whether the text in the log is because of the problem, or because I stop the generation after it hung for several minutes, but this is the final bit of the log:

2022-12-04 20:35:14.701 [INFO] :: Unlocking viewport redraw...
    2022-12-04 20:35:14.701 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw unlocked.
    2022-12-04 20:36:29.108 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 511
    2022-12-04 20:36:29.108 [WARNING] :: TypeError: Result of expression 'ui.wFilterFeaturesCbx' [undefined] is not an object.
    2022-12-04 20:36:29.108 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:
    <anonymous>()@E:/Studio/UltraScenery/Environments/Landscapes/UltraScenery/UltraSceneCreator.dse:511
    2022-12-04 20:36:29.111 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: E:/Studio/UltraScenery/Environments/Landscapes/UltraScenery/UltraSceneCreator.dse

I don't get that Script Error: Line 511 in my log,
    The new update added the ability to filter Features and Ecologies with a drop down filter selection box. It sounds like that error might be related to that. Do you see those drop down boxes in your UltraScenery interface? Do you have the same UltraScenery  and Accelerator versions I have (see screenshots)?

Screenshot 2022-12-04 151324.png
    802 x 617 - 58K
    Screenshot 2022-12-04 151145.png
    802 x 617 - 333K
    Screenshot 2022-12-04 151251.png
    802 x 617 - 374K

barbult said:

The new update added the ability to filter Features and Ecologies with a drop down filter selection box. It sounds like that error might be related to that. Do you see those drop down boxes in your UltraScenery interface? Do you have the same UltraScenery  and Accelerator versions I have (see screenshots)?

Yes, I have the same version numbers for UltraScenery and Accelerator.

I do not have the dropdown for the features and ecologies. 

It may be relevant (or not) that I'm using Win11.

barbult said:

I tried to find and open the script but it comes up as encrypted. Would be good to see the line 511 contents to see if there is a difference.  

Nath said:

barbult said:

I wonder if @Ghosty12 is also on Windows 11. I see that he also reported a problem with the UltraScenry update.

• Hopefully the updates were done with DIM and not DazCentral.

barbult said:

Nath said:

barbult said:

I wonder if @Ghosty12 is also on Windows 11. I see that he also reported a problem with the UltraScenry update.

that would be interesting. i was just about to move to Windows 11 and pasted on it in The Commons.  

DoctorJellybean said:

Hopefully the updates were done with DIM and not DazCentral.

I took the update from DIM and Product Library - installed by hand. DazCentral hasn't ever been anywhere near this computer LOL 

It would be annoying if Win11 is the culprit in combination with the update, because otherwise (except for Civilization V) it's been flawless.

@Nath, what version of Daz Studio are you using? If you are on an older or newer version than 4.21.0.5, that might be significant, too.

barbult said:

@Nath, what version of Daz Studio are you using? If you are on an older or newer version than 4.21.0.5, that might be significant, too.

I'm on 4.21.0.5

Also, the problem didn't start until the update which I installed last Friday - US ran fine right until that point.

I updated to the latest NVIDIA studio driver, and UltraScenery still works fine. I don't think UltraScenery building has anything to do with the graphics driver, anyway.

• I'm on Windows 11, and mine is working fine. I'm on DS 4.21.0.5, Ultrascenery 1.3.4.1 and Accelerator 1.0.2.4.

• johnbpjohnbp Posts: 55

Nath said:

It would be annoying if Win11 is the culprit in combination with the update, because otherwise (except for Civilization V) it's been flawless.

In addition to what the others said, because it works for me too... I wanted to mention Civilization V and VI are working for me too.  If Civ V isn't working, I would think it was something with your driver(s).

• Just to add a data point, I installed Daz and Ultrascenery on a new computer within the last couple of hours, and I had no problems rendering a random simple Pines scene. OS is Win 10 Pro though... 

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,981
    edited December 2022

barbult said:

Nath said:

barbult said:

Using Win 10 with 526.98, may try the newer 527.37 drivers as never thought it could be them. Okay after updating and installing the files to another drive the problem still persists, and I did not have this before so not sure what changed. And the on the plugin versions are "Script Version 1.3.4.1 and Accelerator Version 1.0.2.4. All I know this product work well before so as before not sure what has changed.

barbult said:

That is interesting as Although I have the same version I do not have the filtering options, so something is busted somewhere.

Post edited by Ghosty12 on

Yes, something is broken, but only for some people. It is a mystery still. We need HowieFarkes to help figure this out probably. It doesn't seem to be related to operating system version, or NVIDIA driver version, or Daz Studio version. It is like some part of the product did not get updated for some people. I wonder if some malware detection or security software is blocking something or quarantining some file(s). Do you have recent dates on all the UltraScenery script files? There is the main UltraSceneCreator.dse in Environments\Landscapes\UltraScenery folder and 12 helper script resources in data\HowieFarkes\UltraScenery\ScriptComponents folder. All those have the date 11/28/2022 for me.

barbult said:

Yes, something is broken, but only for some people. It is a mystery still. We need HowieFarkes to help figure this out probably. It doesn't seem to be related to operating system version, or NVIDIA driver version, or Daz Studio version. It is like some part of the product did not get updated for some people. I wonder if some malware detection or security software is blocking something or quarantining some file(s). Do you have recent dates on all the UltraScenery script files? There is the main UltraSceneCreator.dse in Environments\Landscapes\UltraScenery folder and 12 helper script resources in data\HowieFarkes\UltraScenery\ScriptComponents folder. All those have the date 11/28/2022 for me.

same dates for mine

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 584
    edited December 2022

I just again checked that the manual download zip has the correct file versions and it does.

If the new drop downs are not showing then that suggests to me that the ScriptComponents within the Data folder of your Daz content library are not the updated files. There should be four updated files within the Data folder with the date of 19 November 2022:

/data/UltraScenery/ScriptComponents/hf_app.ultrascenery.constants.dse
    /data/UltraScenery/ScriptComponents/hf_app.ultrascenery.lang.en.dse
    /data/UltraScenery/ScriptComponents/hf_app.ultrascenery.settings.dse
    /data/UltraScenery/ScriptComponents/hf_app.ultrascenery.ui.dse

There is only one other modified file in the latest update and that is the main UltraSceneCreator.dse file.

The UI script is the one that draws the drop downs and if they are missing then the main script will error when trying to get data from them. If you do have the correct versions in your data folder then maybe an older DazConnect version is being referenced or you have multiple content libraries or something?

Post edited by HowieFarkes on

johnbp said:

Nath said:

In addition to what the others said, because it works for me too... I wanted to mention Civilization V and VI are working for me too.  If Civ V isn't working, I would think it was something with your driver(s).

Civ VI works for me - however, there are others on Steam saying Civ V doesn't work for them under Win11 either - so it may be one of those 'problem for some' things as well... 

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,981
    edited December 2022

I have tried and tried, from uninstalling the plugin and Daz Studio itself, after all of that I have come to the fact that Ultrascenery is no longer working for me. sad
    Also I do not have the filtering option I saw above, as these images show and according to the plugin / script I have the latest version.

Screenshot 2022-12-05 172554.jpg
    812 x 566 - 79K
    Screenshot 2022-12-05 172621.jpg
    849 x 582 - 89K
    Post edited by Ghosty12 on
This discussion has been closed.