UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    Artini said:
    Thanks, Artini. I'm currently at work.
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,063
    edited January 2023

AnEye4Art said:

I had quit trying to get this to work since no real solution was given, but maybe I'm the only one not able to see Arboretum Volume 2 when I go to--->Utilities---->Ultratrees - realistic tree system--->utilities--->ultra tree creator. I run the script but all I have shown is oak Genus: Quercus but no ultra tree birch. I installed via DIM, uninstalled and reinstalled but it does not show up, not even the bark shows up.

OK, so you are here, and don't see trees other than the Oak?

Ultratree-Screenshot.jpg
    1346 x 768 - 108K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on

paulawp (marahzen) said:

AnEye4Art said:

I had quit trying to get this to work since no real solution was given, but maybe I'm the only one not able to see Arboretum Volume 2 when I go to--->Utilities---->Ultratrees - realistic tree system--->utilities--->ultra tree creator. I run the script but all I have shown is oak Genus: Quercus but no ultra tree birch. I installed via DIM, uninstalled and reinstalled but it does not show up, not even the bark shows up.

OK, so you are here, and don't see trees other than the Oak?

That is correct. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited January 2023

AnEye4Art said:

• What version of the UltraTreeCreator are you running? I believe the latest is 1.1. 
    • Are all of your UltraTrees products up to date? There was an update in October 2022.
    • Was everything installed with DIM, to the same Daz library?
    • Did you ever install any of the products from inside Daz Studio? I hope not!
    • What folders are listed in your library in Environments/Landscapes/UltraTrees/Trees?

(And by the way, this topic is misplaced. UltraTree is not part of UltraScenery.)

Screenshot 2023-01-19 131357.jpg
    802 x 633 - 57K
    Screenshot 2023-01-19 131452.jpg
    507 x 1076 - 145K
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited January 2023
    • What version of the UltraTreeCreator are you running? I believe the latest is 1.1. 
    • I'll check when I get home. But I'm sure it's 1.1.
    • Are all of your UltraTrees products up to date? There was an update in October 2022.
    • Yes. As far as I know.
    • Yes, but not too sure. Obviously tree Birch went somewhere else. 
    • No. I've learned from you not to install from inside Daz.
    • What folders are listed in your library in Environments/Landscapes/UltraTrees/Trees?
    • I'll check when I get home.

(And by the way, this topic is misplaced. UltraTree is not part of UltraScenery.)

When I get home I'll see where I can move this topic.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,746

I tried a search in Props by 'Ultra' and along with UltraScenery the UltraTree products showed up. 

I looked at the only other main forum post, which was on The Commons. There doesn't seems to have been a Commercial thread. The product was mentioned here, in Novica's thread and a couple others. Just pull up the promo in the store for the latest links.

• It's 1.1.
    • Yes.
    • Yes. C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\HowieFarkes\UltraTrees\UT Birch 01
    • No.
    • UT Birch folders 01-12, UT Elm folders 01-08, UT Eucalypt folders 01-08, UT Oak folders 01-12, and UT Spruce folders 01-08

I searched for a place to move the topic but nothing. Hopefully this is solved soon.

AnEye4Art said:

• It's 1.1.
    • Yes.
    • Yes. C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\HowieFarkes\UltraTrees\UT Birch 01
    • No.
    • UT Birch folders 01-12, UT Elm folders 01-08, UT Eucalypt folders 01-08, UT Oak folders 01-12, and UT Spruce folders 01-08

I searched for a place to move the topic but nothing. Hopefully this is solved soon.

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\HowieFarkes\UltraTrees\UT Birch 01 is not a Daz Studio content library. It is a subfolder nested several layers deep inside a content library. Other than that, things look correct. Is C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\HowieFarkes\UltraTrees\UT Birch 01 REALLY what you have set in DIM as the library to install into? I imagine it should be just C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library.

Locate UltraTreeCreator script file in your Content Library. Right click on it and select Browse to File Location. What is the full path of the folder that opens? (Please post the path here.) Is that the same folder that contains the Trees folder with the tree subfolders you listed above? Or is the Trees folder you looked in before, in some other path hierarchy?

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Environments\Landscapes\UltraTrees

1.PNG
    658 x 294 - 22K
    2.PNG
    654 x 531 - 39K

I don't see anything that hints at why it is not working. When you run UltraTreeCreator script, are there any errors reported in the Daz Studio log file?

edited January 2023
    None that pops up but I can look at the log file. But no worries, Barbult. I don't want to further hijack this thread. Thank you as always for your generous help. As a side note, I did try to create a new thread for this topic but I'm not allowed to.
    Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,066

When I made this winter scene I use snow shader on the grass, except the tufts. I'm not sure but I think they were from Iray Snow, Ice and Ash. But the trees were from Winterland Trees. Not a perfect solution but worked in a pinch. Imo, for a winter pack of Ultrascenery the trees should be doable, but snow on the ground is probably pretty difficult generate dynamically.

winter.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 291K

For what it's worth, unless the snow is really deep, grass tufts will stick out at first. As the snow continues, the tips finally disappear and then get squashed down. Or later in the season, grass is dormat and gold/brown/grey and flat so the next snowfall may lay flat right away.

Our big snow in December hadn't fully disappeared, when this last on arrived on Wednesday, so we have added to it. Another due tonight into tomorrow. Normally we melt fully between hits. This year it is accumulating. Good for ground water.

@lou_harper, that is a lovely, happy render. I love the overall blue effect. Makes me feel the cold. It helps that this morning was in the teens.

Thank you.

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732
    edited January 2023

Playing with upcoming Octane VDB, The clouds are made from a VDB version of the terrain. Not bad at all.

OctaneVDBtest2c.png
    980 x 552 - 1001K
    Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,063
    edited January 2023

More practice with snow. This is a highly modified Pacific NW 4, with a mix of Materia Meshmaker and DA Let It Snow (which, after testing, I like better for trees than MARSA), with a little Ivar thrown in, as I bought the Ivar bundle recently and was testing stuff from it anyway. Where I used to live, last night's snow would usually look something like this the next day, leaving only what I called the "shady side snow" by a day or two later.

WhoGoesThere.jpg
    1300 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,837

Nice winter images and great tips from @lou_harper

I have to try the other shaders/solutions for snow on the trees.

For the ground, I am satisfied with the DA Let it snow solution.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,438

there was a list of what has been included within USC, but now I can't find it. It was a different one than what Howie has listed. Were any new features added with Britain module?

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,909
    edited January 2023

daveso said:

there was a list of what has been included within USC, but now I can't find it. It was a different one than what Howie has listed. Were any new features added with Britain module?

I think @barbult made a list.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on

I don't recall making a list like that. The only list I know of is the one in the first forum message, but it is out of date. There are new plants and ecologies in Britain, but no new features that I know of.

barbult said:

I don't recall making a list like that. The only list I know of is the one in the first forum message, but it is out of date. There are new plants and ecologies in Britain, but no new features that I know of.

OK thanks. Someone else had a list with all the ecologies, features, etc etc. Yeah, I was trying to find new features and didnt see any. There are wider paths, double paths, etc in the product photos, and I was trying to find them. Do they just add automatically to some whatever terrain? 

daveso said:

barbult said:

OK thanks. Someone else had a list with all the ecologies, features, etc etc. Yeah, I was trying to find new features and didnt see any. There are wider paths, double paths, etc in the product photos, and I was trying to find them. Do they just add automatically to some whatever terrain? 

Maybe you are looking for Landscape Features Volume 2. But even the base UltraScenery package has a double path (Dirt Track 1).

Screenshot 2023-01-25 180636.jpg
    802 x 617 - 84K
    Screenshot 2023-01-25 180915.jpg
    802 x 617 - 82K

like this. Is this an optical illusion or is it wider? The double paths in this Britain product look wider as well

daveso said:

I had a list, I tried to update it this morning. But I want to note that the product page for the UltraScenery Landscape System has the main products that use it at the bottom. But not the required products for it. This is a Word .doc and I may have missed something since it is not in A - Z. I keep all products for UltraScenery in one folder to keep from going crazy.

Mary 

docx
    docx
    UltraScenery Required Products.docx

If anyone finds something I missed, please let me know, I will be back online later today.

• Just noticed today that US Landscape Features 2 is quoted as a necessary prerequisite for USBritain. Is this true or is it a mistake? Reason I've only just seen it is that today was the first time I looked on a desktop and the dependencies became visible - I normally look on a tablet and they're hidden in the mobile view. Regards, Richard.
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

richardandtracy said:

Just noticed today that US Landscape Features 2 is quoted as a necessary prerequisite for USBritain. Is this true or is it a mistake? Reason I've only just seen it is that today was the first time I looked on a desktop and the dependencies became visible - I normally look on a tablet and they're hidden in the mobile view. Regards, Richard.

Richard,

This is definately not correct. USBritain is an ecology, it can be used on any landscape feature.

Cheers,

Alex.  

• I thought as much, but sometimes strange interactions occur. Thanks. Richard.
This discussion has been closed.