Star Trek Builders Unite 6: The Undiscovered Thread

Comments

• rschulterschulte Posts: 484
    edited December 1969

Posted - the TOS version of Uzilite's The New Adventures, and a set of low poly badges.

Star Trek #14 for Uzilite's New Adventures (Original Series)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/77435/browse/11/Poser/Star-Trek-14-for-Uzilites-New-Adventures

Star Trek Combadges (LowPoly)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/77432/browse/11/Poser/Star-Trek-Combadges

Enjoy!

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,283
    edited December 1969

Thank You very much

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,585
    edited December 1969

Originally intended for a topic at the TrekBBS along with the caption, "Oh dear, looks like I killed another thread." But without that silly caption, the shot almost makes for a dramatic moment. So, I thought I'd post it here.

Credits

Aiko 3...DAZ.com
    Body textures...Daio and Verge Visible
    Face and body morphs...Beth Capsces
    "Paw" morphs...Achronicity
    Tail prop...Little Dragon (out of frame, but there)
    Uniform...Oshikai
    Mane...Ali
    Officer's Quarters...Ptrope

Sincerely,

Bill

MRess-Reading-J-1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 106K
  • nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

To Rschulte: May I just say, you are re-inventing Star Trek for me. I have been avidly following (and downloading) your trek uniforms since you started them, and they look fantastic! Thank you for all of your hard work.

edited December 1969

To Rschulte: May I just say, you are re-inventing Star Trek for me. I have been avidly following (and downloading) your trek uniforms since you started them, and they look fantastic! Thank you for all of your hard work.

Thank you! You're very kind...

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

rschulte said:
    Posted - the TOS version of Uzilite's The New Adventures, and a set of low poly badges.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/77435/browse/11/Poser/Star-Trek-14-for-Uzilites-New-Adventures

Enjoy!

Posted, thanks :-)

edited September 2014

In Star Trek (Year 1) The Next Generation, we were introduced to the "logical" progression of the star Fleet uniform, a unisex Skant (Skirt-Pants)....

I highly doubt that Kirk will ever wear this.

Now do you people know the reason why I stick to the bodysuit....

STO17_M4_Skant.png
    757 x 898 - 182K
    Post edited by rschulte on
  • OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

rschulte said:

Enjoy!

Nice looking stuff; any quick advice on making them work well with DAZ Studio?

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 622
    edited December 1969

Redfern said:
    Originally intended for a topic at the TrekBBS along with the caption, "Oh dear, looks like I killed another thread." But without that silly caption, the shot almost makes for a dramatic moment. So, I thought I'd post it here.

Credits

Aiko 3...DAZ.com
    Body textures...Daio and Verge Visible
    Face and body morphs...Beth Capsces
    "Paw" morphs...Achronicity
    Tail prop...Little Dragon (out of frame, but there)
    Uniform...Oshikai
    Mane...Ali
    Officer's Quarters...Ptrope

Sincerely,

Bill

Nice, Bill.

I'm guessing there's still no hand morph for a 3-fingered+thumb paw to be found, eh? :-S

edited December 1969

Ostadan said:
    rschulte said:

Enjoy!

Sorry, I only use poser, if it works in DS great!

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited September 2014

I haz discovered The Undiscovered Thread, at last! :)

So much to see, so much to catch up on! In the meantime, and nudged by mylochka, I've packaged my Tri-D chess game, and it's now available at ShareCG: http://www.sharecg.com/v/77444/view/11/Poser/Tri-D-Chess

In addition to separate, moveable sub-boards (no poses, so you'll need o position them manually), the set includes one of each distinct piece (king, queen, bishop, knight, rook, pawn), in both black and white, so you'll need to duplicate them for a full set of each color, and the same caveat applies for positioning.

Tri-D_Chess.jpg
    740 x 920 - 214K
    Post edited by Ptrope on
    edited September 2014

Posted -

Star Trek Online #16 for M4V4 Bodysuit - Future End

This texture set will allow you to convert the M4 and V4 Bodysuits into a 29th Century Star Trek uniform from the "ST:Voyager" series episode "Future End" and "Relativity." Included is the Combadge and mat files for the rank insignias of the time period.

Included are three uniforms for each M4 and V4 bodysuits..

http://www.sharecg.com/v/77446/browse/11/Poser/Star-Trek-Online-16-for-M4V4-Bodysuit

STO16_FutureEnd_Bodysuit_view.png
    1109 x 898 - 636K
    STO16_FutureEnd_Bodysuit.png
    1109 x 898 - 807K
    edited December 1969

Ptrope said:
    I haz discovered The Undiscovered Thread, at last! :)

So much to see, so much to catch up on! In the meantime, and nudged by mylochka, I've packaged my Tri-D chess game, and it's now available at ShareCG: http://www.sharecg.com/v/77444/view/11/Poser/Tri-D-Chess

In addition to separate, moveable sub-boards (no poses, so you'll need o position them manually), the set includes one of each distinct piece (king, queen, bishop, knight, rook, pawn), in both black and white, so you'll need to duplicate them for a full set of each color, and the same caveat applies for positioning.

Posted, and thanks :-)

edited December 1969

rschulte said:
    Posted -

Star Trek Online #16 for M4V4 Bodysuit - Future End

This texture set will allow you to convert the M4 and V4 Bodysuits into a 29th Century Star Trek uniform from the "ST:Voyager" series episode "Future End" and "Relativity." Included is the Combadge and mat files for the rank insignias of the time period.

Included are three uniforms for each M4 and V4 bodysuits..

http://www.sharecg.com/v/77446/browse/11/Poser/Star-Trek-Online-16-for-M4V4-Bodysuit

Also posted :-) Thanks.

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited September 2014

More Views of my new ship

All01.jpg
    2000 x 959 - 505K
    Post edited by rduda on
  • NV OracleNV Oracle Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

rschulte said:

Enjoy!

Thank you from me, as well. They're very cool.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,283
    edited December 1969

I like that ship

• NV OracleNV Oracle Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

Ostadan said:
    rschulte said:

Enjoy!

If you only have Studio 3, you can still use them. After you apply the bodysuit to either V4, or M4, whichever one you wanted to use, then you just go into the surface's tab, and manually apply them to the bodysuit.

It seems to me that someone has said that the icons appear in Studio 4.x, and they can be applied normally. (I have both, but I haven't checked whether that's the case, due to a mis-click of the mouse button by the user. LOL. I'm having to reinstall some of my content, so I haven't been in 4.6 recently.)

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

It's been one year and 8 days since I posted the last installment of the Mirror Universe.

A hardware failure on two computers and software failure caused the loss of all work.

Soooooo, I went and rebuilt all the characters and sets from scratch. All is well and back on track.

Here is the cover of the pending book. Proofers will have a link for review shortly (never soon.)

-Paul

cover1aB.jpg
    833 x 1333 - 711K
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    It's been one year and 8 days since I posted the last installment of the Mirror Universe.

A hardware failure on two computers and software failure caused the loss of all work.

Soooooo, I went and rebuilt all the characters and sets from scratch. All is well and back on track.

Here is the cover of the pending book. Proofers will have a link for review shortly (never soon.)

-Paul

Well that's an intriguing cover!

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:

-Paul

Believe me, I know how you feel. Did you have anything on storage discs? That's how I managed to salvage Nova Trek when I lost my first external drive.

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Epic system fail.

The external I had connected was fried from the over voltage as well. The only things I had where what I sent to Roy (my co-writer, shadowhawk1). to explain, as I write, I send him a copy. he had copies of EVERYTHING I've ever written!

He's like my cloud back up in a foreign nation.

as for my content library. It needed a cleaning anyway, and what was glitchy back then is running smooth now.

It just took a real long time to reload everything.

-Paul

edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    Epic system fail.

The external I had connected was fried from the over voltage as well. The only things I had where what I sent to Roy (my co-writer, shadowhawk1). to explain, as I write, I send him a copy. he had copies of EVERYTHING I've ever written!

as for my content library. It needed a cleaning anyway, and what was glitchy back then is running smooth now.

-Paul

Welcome back!

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,265
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    More Views of my new ship

I miss the asymmetrical cockpit

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,051
    edited December 1969

rschulte said:
    In Star Trek (Year 1) The Next Generation, we were introduced to the "logical" progression of the star Fleet uniform, a unisex Skant (Skirt-Pants)....

I kind of like the skant, but then I'm partial to kilts too...

edited September 2014

rschulte said:

LOL, Actually I'm doing an add-on to my TNG Era and TOS uniforms (to be released soon) and this'll be for Skants and Skirts. (using M4 Valiant and V4 Courageous)

After their initial release of the skant in Star Trek, I noticed that pants were added to the uniform making a uniform which can be used for a normal duty uniform for lab, medical techs. but certainly not used as a tactical uniform.

1) The skants for M4 and V4 will include the M4 half boot, and the pants.

2) V4 can still use the Skant without the pants.

3) Included will also be a dress (TOS style).

Sorry, no renders are ready yet.

Russ

uniforms_31.gif
    115 x 240 - 9K
    uniforms_11.gif
    115 x 240 - 6K
    uniforms_7.gif
    115 x 240 - 5K
    uniforms_28.gif
    115 x 240 - 8K
  • Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 622
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    Epic system fail.

-Paul

Ouch! Good that you were able to restore your stuff.
    That's why it's a good idea to have at least one additional offline backup (and preferably another offsite) & keep them all as up-to-date as possible.
    I've been working with State Department for 16+years & long ago put into practice the lessons learned at work to my home stuff--bad shit's still hit our systems at work at times! Those backups saved our butts several times!
    And even with that, had my laptop and online backup die like yours did a few years ago.
    Fortunately, I was only down for as long as it took me to replace the computer.
    edited December 1969

rschulte said:
    rschulte said:

LOL, Actually I'm doing an add-on to my TNG Era and TOS uniforms (to be released soon) and this'll be for Skants and Skirts. (using M4 Valiant and V4 Courageous)

After their initial release of the skant in Star Trek, I noticed that pants were added to the uniform making a uniform which can be used for a normal duty uniform for lab, medical techs. but certainly not used as a tactical uniform.

1) The skants for M4 and V4 will include the M4 half boot, and the pants.

2) V4 can still use the Skant without the pants.

3) Included will also be a dress (TOS style).

Sorry, no renders are ready yet.

Russ

Here's some renders of this set....

STO10A_V4_Skant_Dress.png
    1160 x 898 - 515K
    edited December 1969

rschulte said:
    jerriecan said:
    rschulte said:
    jerriecan said:
    Thought I'd share a wip for a project I'm working on, a graphic novel set just after the close of the Romulan War. Hope you like. :)

Really like that combadge! Is it available?

Not as a prop - right now it's a png image on a plane with a trans map. Don't yet have the skills to create 3d models from scratch. If you still want it - or if you want to take a crack at making a prop version - let me know. :) Glad you like!

prop made out of primatives ... is there a name associated with the badge? and do you want it?

note: image for a new uniform based on the Star trek Online, Sierra 4... M4 and V4 bodysuit set will be posted as a freebie later...

Here's the final version of the Star Trek Nike badge prop. Jerriecan has giving me permission to post this as a freebie, so this will be posted in a few days.

ST_Nike_Badge_prop.png
    1001 x 898 - 1M
  • OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

Ostadan said:
    rschulte said:

Enjoy!

Reply to self: In DS4, generally got reasonably satisfactory results by setting Glossiness down to about 75%, Specular strength to about 30%, and Bump Strength to 100% Also, the transmap for the shirt badge was not completely black outside the badge, and caused a square light 'shadow' to appear around the badge. This drove me crazy for a while.

Autofit to Teen Jayden (Genesis) in DS4.

Trekker.jpg
    900 x 900 - 99K
This discussion has been closed.