Star Trek Builders Unite 6: The Undiscovered Thread

Comments

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Axanar news- including a more detailed 3D render of the Ares Bridge:

Thanks, that link also has a better quality movie of the full "Prelude", with subtitles.

Hands up everyone who noticed the end of the opening credits...

"Narrated by John Gill".

hand raised!

• rschulterschulte Posts: 484
    edited December 1969

Working on next project, texture set for Uzilite's The Next Adventures... influenced by my Odyssey bodysuits....

Here're some images of the various suits..... Service and some Tactical versions.

Looking to release next month...

STO13_uTNA_Dress.png
    1112 x 898 - 492K
    STO13_uTNA_Shirts.png
    1112 x 898 - 837K
    STO13_uTNA_Jacket_Tactical.png
    1112 x 898 - 831K
    STO13_uTNA_Shirt_Alt.png
    1112 x 898 - 843K
    STO13_uTNA_set.png
    1112 x 898 - 920K
  • jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    jaguarry3 said:
    Love those Ares class ships in Axanar Working on a model based on the design

There's fly-by test footage of the Ares in the article I posted links to.

Yes I saw that Another couple of WIP images

WIP_4.jpg
    1158 x 882 - 37K
    WIP_3.jpg
    1158 x 882 - 35K
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

This is a meta-post.

Every time we re-start the thread, we have to copy the list of freebies over - and whoever started the thread has to keep the list up-to-date. I just started a freebie wiki (you may have seen the announcement elsewhere on the forum) which would be a lovely place to keep the list and let everybody update it. However, "everybody" includes "people who get their kicks vandalizing wikis"... so is this a good idea?

I'd be happy to host the Star Trek freebies list alongside the Doctor Who freebie list. I'm not going to steal it from this thread - I'm barely a lurker here, so that would be wrong - but I can ease the way of any regular poster here who wants to copy the list to the wiki.

(I know - if only I had started the wiki last week. Or if only the old thread lasted until this week...)

edited December 1969

Anyone know where I can find an Excelsior-class bridge?

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

Right now Renderosity has the Starship Bridge 1, 2 and 3 pack for about three bucks. Bridge three is the Excelsior bridge from Star Trek 6 and Generations. Vanishing Point has a free texture pack as well.

edited September 2014

jerriecan said:
    Right now Renderosity has the Starship Bridge 1, 2 and 3 pack for about three bucks. Bridge three is the Excelsior bridge from Star Trek 6 and Generations. Vanishing Point has a free texture pack as well.

Just got it. But they have a catch. The price is below their bare minimum for purchase. In order to get it, I had to get something as well. So I got the Battle Bridge- I'll need it in the next story anyway.

Where is the texture pack at Vanishing Point? I couldn't even find the bridge there.

Post edited by mdbruffy on
    edited December 1969

Ah, I got my bridges confused. :( They have a texture pack for bridge 1, not three. Sorry I was mistaken.

edited December 1969

jerriecan said:
    Ah, I got my bridges confused. :( They have a texture pack for bridge 1, not three. Sorry I was mistaken.

Well, the set at Renderosity has 3 zips and each one has a set of textures.Number 3 looks like the right one.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    This is a meta-post.

Every time we re-start the thread, we have to copy the list of freebies over - and whoever started the thread has to keep the list up-to-date. I just started a freebie wiki (you may have seen the announcement elsewhere on the forum) which would be a lovely place to keep the list and let everybody update it. However, "everybody" includes "people who get their kicks vandalizing wikis"... so is this a good idea?

I'd be happy to host the Star Trek freebies list alongside the Doctor Who freebie list. I'm not going to steal it from this thread - I'm barely a lurker here, so that would be wrong - but I can ease the way of any regular poster here who wants to copy the list to the wiki.

(I know - if only I had started the wiki last week. Or if only the old thread lasted until this week...)

Well I'm going to say that NO I do not want the ST list copied over anywhere else just yet thank you.
    There are some problems in it and it'll take me awhile to check all what is there and [hopefully] get back corrected links for what appears to be missing.
    Copy/paste via notepad and/or via these typing boxes or whatever it is breaks up urls terribly.
    Also while I did get permission from some sites to post links to their site, I did not ask about wiki, and some are more than a little concerned about bandwidth abuse on their systems. Thank you for understanding.

edited December 1969

Posted....

Star Trek #13 for Uzilite's New Adventures

http://www.sharecg.com/v/77347/browse/11/Poser/Star-Trek-13-for-Uzilites-New-Adventures

Russ

STO13_uTNA_set.png
    965 x 898 - 548K
    edited December 1969

jerriecan said:

Thanks for the HU. They also have a brig, transporter and medical facilities on sale :-)

edited December 1969

rschulte said:
    Posted....

http://www.sharecg.com/v/77347/browse/11/Poser/Star-Trek-13-for-Uzilites-New-Adventures

Russ

Thank you and posted.

edited December 1969

rschulte said:
    Posted....

Russ

Thank you so much! These are excellent! :D

edited December 1969

jerriecan said:

Thanks for the HU. They also have a brig, transporter and medical facilities on sale :-)

Just remember that Renderosity has a minimum purchase requirement. If you don't excede the amount of $3, you can't even put in a payment.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    jerriecan said:

Just remember that Renderosity has a minimum purchase requirement. If you don't excede the amount of $3, you can't even put in a payment.

Yeah, somehow though with 70% off they managed to get a little over $11 so that went through okay. I think it's $5 for the minimum purchase requirement ... conceivably one could buy a gift certificate but I've never done there. I know that system works well here.

And for those who may be interested I have reupped a few items over in my DA Gallery.

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Giving another shot at the Kahn uniform... If the Klingon suit works I'll have Vanishing point rig this bad boy too. What do you guys & gals think?

MeSuit.jpg
    1099 x 929 - 155K
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    Giving another shot at the Kahn uniform... If the Klingon suit works I'll have Vanishing point rig this bad boy too. What do you guys & gals think?

Looks good. Which figure is it for? How's Sick Bay coming?

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Rduda said:

M4, sick bay is ready for me to ship off to Vanishing Point for them to package and make it into figures with removable walls. I think he may have a few projects in front of this one, so it may just be a bit before its done.

edited December 1969

Rduda said:

Outstanding job!

edited December 1969

Anyone know where I can find a good clean shot of the back monitorscreen aboard the Excelsior's bridge?

Excelsior_Bridge_1.jpg
    696 x 530 - 108K
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    mdbruffy said:
    Rduda said:

M4, sick bay is ready for me to ship off to Vanishing Point for them to package and make it into figures with removable walls. I think he may have a few projects in front of this one, so it may just be a bit before its done.

Okay. Watching for it. :-)

edited September 2014

mdbruffy said:
    Anyone know where I can find a good clean shot of the back monitorscreen aboard the Excelsior's bridge?

Found this which I can make into the image I want. But If anyone can point me toward a large version, that'd be better.

Separate issue: Is anyone else having trouble just getting on the site? It seems like it's taking forever to do anything.

Never mind- found it:

http://johneaves.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/enterprise-bdd-copy.jpg

enterprise-bdd-copy.jpg
    655 x 419 - 132K
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

Found this which I can make into the image I want. But If anyone can point me toward a large version, that'd be better.

Separate issue: Is anyone else having trouble just getting on the site? It seems like it's taking forever to do anything.

Might try this....

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Excelsior_class

https://lcarsgfx.wordpress.com/tag/master-systems-display/

edited December 1969

rschulte said:
    mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

Might try this....

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Excelsior_class

https://lcarsgfx.wordpress.com/tag/master-systems-display/

Thank you, the lcars link had just what I needed. I just have to change the name.

edited September 2014

Okay, new problem. I loaded Bridge 3 into Poser 9. I brought the program up, and tried to load Bridge 3 in the work window. Poser says it loaded, but I'm looking at an empty screen. Anyone have any ideas?

Bridge_3_mess.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 597K
    edited September 2014

mdbruffy said:
    Okay, new problem. I loaded Bridge 3 into Poser 9. I brought the program up, and tried to load Bridge 3 in the work window. Poser says it loaded, but I'm looking at an empty screen. Anyone have any ideas?

1) Might need to reboot your system and try again, sometimes after I import a number of objs, my Poser goes "stupid" on me.
    2) Might be corrupted download of the Bridge 3 files, try downloading it again and reinstalling.

Post edited by rschulte on
    edited December 1969

Why are some models so picky? I had the obj file in Geometries, in my Star Trek folder- same place the objs for Bridge 1,8,10 are all located- and they work just fine. But NOOOOO, Bridge 3 just HAS to have IT'S obj in the VP folder before it'll behave,
    Now if I could only find the Excelsior textures which Vanishing Point no longer has available.The only free texture pack they have now is for the NX-01 bridge.

Excelsior_test.jpg
    1701 x 787 - 606K
    edited December 1969

rschulte said:
    mdbruffy said:

1) Might need to reboot your system and try again, sometimes after I import a number of objs, my Poser goes "stupid" on me.
    2) Might be corrupted download of the Bridge 3 files, try downloading it again and reinstalling.

I didn't see your post before I posted the pic. Turns out Bridge 3 is just picky about where it obj is located.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,283
    edited September 2014

mdbruffy said:
    Why are some models so picky? I had the obj file in Geometries, in my Star Trek folder- same place the objs for Bridge 1,8,10 are all located- and they work just fine. But NOOOOO, Bridge 3 just HAS to have IT'S obj in the VP folder before it'll behave,
    Now if I could only find the Excelsior textures which Vanishing Point no longer has available.The only free texture pack they have now is for the NX-01 bridge.

You can edit the figure res line in the cr2 to point to your star trek folder instead of to the vp folder should be two of'em

Chang figureResFile :Runtime:Geometries:vp:bridge3.obj to this figureResFile :Runtime:Geometries:Star Trek:bridge3.obj or however you've got your folder named

Post edited by Robert Freise on
This discussion has been closed.