Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• RadumkaRadumka Posts: 6

Hello... My name is Russell, or radumkato some. I have been using Daz and Bryce for some time now, and for a time was getting quite good at it. Then something came along and upset the applecart. Be it old age or a product update , but now my library is messed and I can.t find content anywhere.  

• Dear all,

Fresh user on the board. I would like say hello to all. Hope you are passing a great time here. I am simple guy. Who is eager to know about unknown things and always curious for something special.

Thank you!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Radumka said:

Hello... My name is Russell, or radumkato some. I have been using Daz and Bryce for some time now, and for a time was getting quite good at it. Then something came along and upset the applecart. Be it old age or a product update , but now my library is messed and I can.t find content anywhere.  

What is the problem you're having?  How do you normally view your content?

• RadumkaRadumka Posts: 6

Through the smart content tab in the program ,  but nothing is where it should be. I just reinstalled the program and I have no Genesis figures , male or female.  

I have installed stuff with the install manager but when I am in the program the content just isn't there. I have tried to reinstall Daz several times but there is always some residual stuff hidden somewhere to screw up the clean install. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,968
    Radumka said:

Through the smart content tab in the program ,  but nothing is where it should be. I just reinstalled the program and I have no Genesis figures , male or female.  

I have installed stuff with the install manager but when I am in the program the content just isn't there. I have tried to reinstall Daz several times but there is always some residual stuff hidden somewhere to screw up the clean install. 

Did you install the Default Resources and the various Genesis # Starter essentials as well as Daz Studio and PostgreSQL? The only bits of the base package you don't need are the various PoserCF, plus GoZ and the Photoshop Bridge if you don't have the applciation and Decimator unless you bought a license for it.

• Hi, my name is Christina Parissi, everyone calls me Chrissy, unless I am in trouble...then the full name comes out. I am 35 and have spastic cerebral palsy. I use a power wheelchair and my hand-eye coordination is impaired. I have a BA in Communication from Worcester State University. I spent most of my time there making films and falling in love with everything Apple - I had an Apple //c when I was 3.  (We could only use Apple in our department.) 1 movie and 10 years later, I am now typing this to you from my own iMac. I started using Daz two weeks ago when I was putzing around YouTube and saw some films and motion comics made with Daz. Because of my disability and impaired coordination, I am not very good at programs like Blender but a friend showed me ZBrush and I find that easier. I want to use Daz and other tools to create films. My dream is to one day have my own film company and employ people with disabilities because even though we may have limitations lots of us are passionate about technology and insanely creative. We sometimes cannot execute our visions but we sure as heck have a lot of crazy ideas and concepts we want to see realized.

I spend way too much time on my computer. When not dreaming up film and 3D projects, I am playing Minecraft and collecting Bitcoins. The rest of my time is spent at work as a technology coordinator at a local adult learning center and whatever time is left after that is spent with my husband watching NASCAR racing and TV. We love our parents, brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews and see them whenever possible!

If you'd like to donate your time and energy to any of the many projects kicking around in my head, please don't hesitate to contact me. Also, I am looking for a volunteer Daz tutor to help me over FaceTime because I have watched a TON of YouTube videos and still have questions and it is a long process for me to type in forums so video calls work best for me.

Thanks for your time!

Come on in and tell us about yourself!

Who are you? What inspires your artistic aspirations? Is Meatloaf your favorite food or favorite musician? What makes you the unique and lovable individual you are?

So drop on by, pull up a chair, and fill us in. We'd be very pleased to meet you!

• yanncombayanncomba Posts: 9
    Hi. Nice To meet you. A french beginner in daz !
  • flstennerflstenner Posts: 0

Hello evry one my name is Fred I stumbeld on to this software from an add in facebook. I looked at it and thought wow this is like Make Humen and Blender all roled in to one package and pumped up with extra tools 

• leepuckettx4leepuckettx4 Posts: 0
    edited June 2016

hi all....i need help already.....
    i tried using daz3d / poser several years ago but didnt have enough time to master  them....
    so i abandoned the project.....now im retired & have more time, im took advantage of athe free download offer....
    i downloaded the free daz3d app & all the accompanying components & accessories  last night.....
    today ive been on my  computer for over an hour trying to find & use the actual program without success...
    am i missing or overlooking   somethig obvious.....
    suggestions please.....
    thanks lee puckett

Edited to fix formatting

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • hi all....i need help already.....
    i tried using daz3d / poser several years ago but didnt have enough time to master  them....
    so i abandoned the project.....now im retired & have more time, im took advantage of athe free download offer....
    i downloaded the free daz3d app & all the accompanying components & accessories  last night.....
    today ive been on my  computer for over an hour trying to find & use the actual program without success...
    am i missing or overlooking   somethig obvious.....
    suggestions please.....
    thanks lee puckett

Edited to fix formatting

Did you download the stand-alone isntaller from your product Library page, or did you download the Daz Install Manager?

• Hi everyone!  My name is Stephanie and I am really new to 3D art.  I started it because I am a Role Player and I wanted to add art to my stories.  Well, there is only so many pictures on Internet that can convey what I want my character to look like.  And well, I noticed that this existed, after doing some research.  I really love posing my characters now, and I am just starting to make my own textures for styles. 

Oh and  my main focus right now is on Superheroes, cause that is what I RP. 

I hope to learn a lot and I am not in this for money or anything.  I just am having fun.  :)

• hello Cortez here joining in this feed creative creativity im seeking too develope

• hai myself rams

• bobswrenchbobswrench Posts: 22

Test post.  I've been here forever under many different nyms.  Trying a fresh signup after deleting all Daz cookies and giving my computer an enema.  Would like to eliminate the constant run around of 'signing you in...signing you in...'

Let's see what happens....

Bob

• jakobrhjakobrh Posts: 98

Hi everybody

I'm a new member from Denmark. I installed Daz two weeks ago, I've spend many hours so far to learn using the software. I'm getting better every day. My goal is to make some cool and funny animations.
    Is there anyone here from Denmark (Copenhagen).

Jakob

• fiyartvfiyartv Posts: 0

Hello World,

The name is J.Vasquez. Photographer and filmmaker for the last 15 years but creative soul my whole life.

• Hello.

My name is Kelvin. I've been a user of DAZ Studio since 2012 but this is one of my first posts to the forum I should have joined much sooner.

I use DAZ Studio and Photoshop to digitally illustrate comics. I'm hoping to connect with other artists and learn some tips and techniques for producing art faster.

Looking forward to connecting.

• Hi, I am Ken Choo from Malaysia, New User for Daz Studio

• SkpFXSkpFX Posts: 42

Hi, I'm Skip

Got my first computer, an Atari 800XL in 1984, and have been poking around at 3D stuff and Linux since the mid-90. Haven't had a Windows machine since about 2010, and I've never driven a Mac. Been a Blender fan since 2.5, and got in on the DAZ Studio, Hexagon, Bryce bundle giveaway that took place some years back. I don't really have a feel for Bryce, but it does neat stuff. I don't like Hexagon, and I'm just starting to appreciate the abilities of DS. Anyhow that's about it...

See you in trenches. ;)

Skip

• dw96790dw96790 Posts: 0

Hi,

Names Tinkerer. I am 60 years learning, and still above ground. Been an oil artist for around thirty years. Want to lern about the art of 3d. Also, like to lean how to make logos in 3d an animate them. Like the ones you see in the start of movies.  Love the lanscapes I have seen on here. Having some reouble with installer. Have to load most things manualy. Just a newbie, greetings one and all.

• Hello, everyone!

I downloaded 4.9 yesterday, and worked through the tutorial this morning to create my first image. Which is pretty much the summary of my experience with 3D modeling, aside from a brief yet disastrous flirtation with Poser 10 in late 2014 (I still have a nervous eye trwicth from that debacle).

I love the DAZ user interface, and the tutorials are very helpful. Mu ultimate goal is to create images based on my fictional characters and feature them on my blog. So wish me luck, and thanks for reading!

Frank

• MyLaMyLa Posts: 8
    edited July 2016

S

Post edited by MyLa on
  • XornflXornfl Posts: 102

Yo there! Fernando here, just wanted a model to move to draw but naw i think i have dome more than that, naw i have exagon to play i will try to do stuff for my willings heheheh

• My name is Julius. Please how can i get my the barefoot dancer from DAZ studio 4.0 environment. Mine does not seem to be loading working.

• Hi everybody,

I am just a 3D beginners. I am interested in wrestling poses.By the way, have you already seen a Daz scene showing oil or mud wrestling? It is feasibble? I would love to try learning that.

I would also love to experiment with creating anatomical bodies on which you can see the muscle fibers, ligaments, tendons, etc. you know, like in those anatomical charts for future surgeons ;-)

• Hey all. My name is Rick been kicking around here for years this is my first post. Heck I can learn from all the questions asked so didn't

need to....

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,165

So many new people! Welcome, all of you. Snoop around more of the New Users threads and find some good information and conversation. The Commons is always a fast moving place to hang out, too. And when you get your feet wet, come join us in one of the New User contests.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,165

My name is Julius. Please how can i get my the barefoot dancer from DAZ studio 4.0 environment. Mine does not seem to be loading working.

Julius, are you really using Daz Studio 4.0? The latest version is 4.9 and it has an awful lot of new features and improvements over 4.0.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Just stopping by to say hello to all the newcomers!  Another 6 weeks or so will be my 1 year anniversary.  So exciting to see so many people. Don't hesitate to ask questions in the forums, speaking from personal experience the people here are awesome and amazing and always willing to go the extra mile to help out. 

• Hello,

I'm Jay, AKA NerdBird AKA DangerousThing (on other boards), and I'm addicted to 3d graphics. :)

Several years ago I was deeply into Poser. Then my wife objected to the money I spent on them, so I went cold turkey and quit. Now, this is today, my late wife is gone, and I have come back to 3d graphics. This time, I've chosen DAZ as my method of injection of the addictive substances.

In the past, I've been many things. I have been a trackman for the railroad (*many* pounds ago). I've spent most of my life employed as a Sr. Programmer/Analyst. And then my wife got sick so I quit and became her caregiver for 12 years.

I originally got into 3d graphics to illustrate my role-playing games for my players. I will probably do that again. Unfortunately, the clothing situation seems not to have changed since I was last here. Are the vendors catering to adolescent boys? Much of the female clothing available would get a woman arrested as a streetwalker!

I also have problems with much of the science fiction clothing available. There isn't much of it beyond bodysuits. This makes illustrating a game with multiple cultures very difficult. I couldn't even find an authentic kimono available for the g3f (yes there is an area of my game that was settled by ethnic Japanese nobles and European serfs).

Oh well, I guess I'll have to dust off the 3d modeling skills in either Blender or Modo.

My major limit on acquiring 3d content now is not only money but more important the downloads. I now live full-time in an RV and no longer have access to cable internet. I use a cellular data plan, and they are rather expensive per gigabyte.

So that's me in a nutshell.

Have a great day!

-

Jay