Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• Groovy101Groovy101 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Hi there! I'm an amateur artist with a bit of experience with poser but not used Daz3d before.

Impressed by all the great scenes users have created but a bit lost when trying to use the software and befuddled by the figures (such as do I need to buy a michael and a victoria, is genesis used instead of poser, are the two interchangeable?) I have so many questions but looking forward to getting to grips with the whole process! :)

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Groovy101 said:
    Hi there! I'm an amateur artist with a bit of experience with poser but not used Daz3d before.

Impressed by all the great scenes users have created but a bit lost when trying to use the software and befuddled by the figures (such as do I need to buy a michael and a victoria, is genesis used instead of poser, are the two interchangeable?) I have so many questions but looking forward to getting to grips with the whole process! :)

Hello Groovy101, and welcome to the forums.

DAZ 3D is the company, DAZ Studio is the software I think you mean.

" is genesis used instead of poser, are the two interchangeable?"

Genesis is a figure, and nothing to do with Poser, and both Genesis and Genesis 2 (Male and Female) figures come free with as a separate download to DAZ Studio.

I am sure that you have many other questions, but this thread is for welcoming new people, and introducing yourself. You can post any questions that you may have in the New Users Forum, where you will be most welcome, and we look forward to seeing you there.

• LilMzLilMz Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hi Lil Mz, I was a member about 5 yrs ago and am just now getting back into creating in Daz.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Welcome back!

Happy Rendering!

• starforgestarforge Posts: 5
    edited March 2015

Hi my name is starforge9 . I started really using daz3d in October 2014 because the artist for my children's book backed out so I had to make my own illustration . Got that completed purchased Carrara hexagon and Bryce but have found the barrier to entry much more difficult then Daz . I have no clue about layering or making textures or how to create my own models. I am very good at lighting a scene because of my film degree and years of on set and off set requirements to make the talent look good. I have purchased a lot of stuff love Keiko 6 and the robots . Have bought a few of dream lights tutorials been a pc+ member for 4 months and love it.

Post edited by starforge on
    edited December 1969

Hello starforge, and welcome to the forums!

I don't know if you heard or not, but the DS4.8 beta version now has IRay for rendering, unbiased and produces outstanding results.

There are several threads on it, and you may find them interesting.

I look forward to seeing you on the forums.

• wanpen20152wanpen20152 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Hello guys I'm just here to find some inspiration.

edited December 1969

Hello wanpen20152, and welcome to the forums!

I hope you find some inspiration here, at least we can help with any problems you may be having.

Hope to see you in the New Users Forum soon.

• king.bidzinskiking.bidzinski Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

Hi I am the SloppyJostler nice to meet you all

edited December 1969

Hello, and welcome to the forums.

If you have any questions, the best place to post would be the New Users forum, there are always people to help you in there.

Enjoy your time here :)

• Paul ButeraPaul Butera Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

Hello,
    My name is Paul, and I am inspired by creating Daz creations that help engage my students. I am an English professor, and I have always wanted to explore animation and use it to get my messages across. Unfortunately, I am the worst drawer I know. In fact, the art faculty at my undergraduate college voted me the worst drawer that they ever taught. So Daz :cheese:is a blessing.

• D.RobinsonD.Robinson Posts: 283
    edited December 1969

Hi my name is Daniel. I am a musician by trade, so that is where my artistic inspiration comes from. I am an Avid gamer, and the first thing i take notice of is character movement and look, so i figured i would try my hand at some 3d art pieces, who knows maybe i can make a CGI video to go with one of my songs. We will see.

Daniel

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Wow, haven't been here for a while, and see we have quite a few n00bs on the forum.

Welcome to you all, and to your newest addiction. :coolsmile:

• paullorosapaullorosa Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

hello I'm Paulo Rosa from Mozambique, I use Daz a long time, I met in 2008 but gave up at one time, but now I'm back.

sorry I did not write much because English is not my official language but iI try to comunicate well

God bless you all :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Hello Paolo and welcome to the forums.

If you need any help with DAZ Studio, the best place to post is the New Users Forum.

Hope to see you there soon!

• edited December 1969

Hello, my name is Karen aka sunnemo1. I guess I joined a few years ago. But I have just started to get really interested in DAZ over the past few weeks. I am still learning how to use it. Thank you for letting me join.

edited December 1969

Hello, and welcome Karen!

We will be very pleased to see you on the New Users Forum if you have any questions about DAZ Studio.

• solosam90solosam90 Posts: 27
    edited December 1969

Hello, my name is Jim. I retired last year, so now maybe I can spend time learning DAZ Studio.

edited December 1969

Hello Jim, my name is also Jim :)

I am retired as well, but I seem to have less time now than when I was working. I hope you enjoy using DAZ Studio, and the forums are always here to answer any questions you may have.

Hope to see you on the New Users Forum soon.

• ParadigmParadigm Posts: 421
    edited December 1969

Hi everyone! Have a great time, if you please :)

• darklordmidnightdarklordmidnight Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

Hello Everyone,
    My name is Chris, and I experimented with Daz a couple years ago. Only in the past week or so getting serious about the program. (Love it, by the way!)
    What drives me to do my art?? I like to see the characters and scenes from the books I write, in living Vibrant color.
    And Meatloaf the musician.
    I also work in Blender Cycles, and hope to one day be able to provide content for Daz. Once I get everything figured out that is.

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    edited December 1969

Hi I'm Paula. Been lurking around the boards for a couple of months gleaning lot of useful tips, and figured I should peek out from behind my rock and say hello. I'm from Ireland and a SAHM who likes to indulge her creative side for fun. Look forward to contributing :)

• LimunLimun Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

Hello..
    My name is Roby and i m from Croatia.
    I m almost newbie in Daz...:lol:

edited December 1969

Hello Chris, Paula and Roby, and welcome to the forums!

I hope you are all enjoying DAZ Studio, and I hope to see you all in the New Users Forum if there is any way that we can help you.

Nice to see you all here, and best wishes.

• darklordmidnightdarklordmidnight Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

Thank You, glad to be here.

edited December 1969

I am retired as well, but I seem to have less time now than when I was working. I hope you enjoy using DAZ Studio, and the forums are always here to answer any questions you may have.

Oh, have your relatives planned your retirement ? Mine have. I told them... then I wouldn't be retired, if I did all of that.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

solosam90 said:

Oh, have your relatives planned your retirement ? Mine have. I told them... then I wouldn't be retired, if I did all of that.

WE upped sticks and moved 200 miles away to an area where we liked to take our holidays when we retired. :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

Just my sisters and their families are nearby... most of the rest of the relatives live over a day's drive away. Of which I'm glad.

• edited December 1969

Hello, I'm Rick!

IHave been a Bryce user since the Power PC days, with the Mac. now I use Bryce on the PC platform, but still use IOS & PC, can not justify the cost and added hardware costs of Apple's Unix based hardware, so until it drops, here I am!

I really love the DAZ graphics suite of programs, wish the documentation were better, it might be, but I have been having trouble finding support docs for hexagon, Carrara 8.5, and studio 4.7!

I keep gong back to Bryce because I'm more comfortable with it.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

rfhenwulf said:
    Hello, I'm Rick!

IHave been a Bryce user since the Power PC days, with the Mac. now I use Bryce on the PC platform, but still use IOS & PC, can not justify the cost and added hardware costs of Apple's Unix based hardware, so until it drops, here I am!

I really love the DAZ graphics suite of programs, wish the documentation were better, it might be, but I have been having trouble finding support docs for hexagon, Carrara 8.5, and studio 4.7!

I keep gong back to Bryce because I'm more comfortable with it.

Bryce rocks. Come visit the Bryce community http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/38/

And Welcome. :coolsmile: