Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• GavagaiGavagai Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

Hi All ~
    My name is Wang, I'm from northeast China.
    I've know daz and poser for almost decade ago when I was in collge, how time flies and finally i can now sleeping with all of them now .
    I was major in architecture environment and equipment engineering when i was in college , so got a little experience in cad and pro/e. and , well though after graduate i spend more then a year in a maritime university and got a officer's license then spend several years sailing in the ocean . on a tanker ship for a s'pore company. now at the age of 31, i'm palnning another transfer in career again. to the world of cg.
    from the autume of last year i spend quite some time on blender modeling ,quite exciting~
    Since i 've got this vast enomous ocean of time , just to embrace the amazingly possibilitis of this cg world will provide.
    lets have fun~

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Hello Wang, and welcome to the forums!

What an interesting career you have had so far, and still more to come I'm sure. We have a new version of DAZ Studio just released, 4.8, and it has even more exciting possibilities for CG artists.

If you are not sure of anything, please post in the New Users Forum, you will be most welcome, and we'll try our best to help you.

• GavagaiGavagai Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

Hello Wang, and welcome to the forums!

What an interesting career you have had so far, and still more to come I'm sure. We have a new version of DAZ Studio just released, 4.8, and it has even more exciting possibilities for CG artists.

If you are not sure of anything, please post in the New Users Forum, you will be most welcome, and we'll try our best to help you.

Thank you! JimmyC_2009
    i've played with this new version hours and it's really amazing , now i can see the preview of the iray render instantly~

• lennrhoda12lennrhoda12 Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

Good evening from Ohio, my name is Lenny. I've been using Daz Studio since October of last year. I have always been a big fan of Bryce and have used the software since the late 90's. Working with 3D characters was sort of new to me. I'm looking for suggestions on how to improve my work. I do have a page on Deviant Art, I do a sort of mixed media, from Photography to Digital Art.
    The majority of my work in the past consisted of space scenes, alien landscapes etc.
    Looking to connect with other users of Daz software.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

Welcome!

Feel free to look around here and the other forums. Ask questions...that's one of the ways to learn or get pointed to information. Are you using DS 4.8 and Iray? For Iray, you can start here. My sig also points to the DS FAQ page.

• laraiw1961laraiw1961 Posts: 2
    edited June 2015

My name is Kim aka Larai Dreamcatcher In all of my virtual environments...I live in upper northern California.. I came to be interested in 3D creation, when I purchased a shoulder dragon in a place called Second Life..It's a virtual community..some call it a "game" sigh...to me at least it is not...although there are games within Second Life..But... for me it's a virtual community or some would say chat room..with a bunch of ppl running around on avatars..from what I have seen of some of the templates and other ppl's art ya'll are familiar with such platforms.

The creator of my dragon has gone MIA, he hasn't replied to a single message in two years..I have since joined two other places..InWorldz & The Great Canadian Grid... I am a DJ in all three places and the dragon in second life has become my partner and quite the conversation piece as he has scripting that allows him to "talk" through me via a chanel emote script....and so I am trying to create a similar..not exact version of him.. :-) ..but just the same need to learn how to do it..I have seen several different 3D programs...one of them makes my brain bleed.. and seems I would need a degree in Auto cad or some other form of 3D graphic art course.. Actually not sure if I am in the right program for doing this..they have "sculpty" and "mesh" and really not even sure how to proceed but this site caught my eye while searching another programs features online..

Ok so here is my, probably only Big question.. How much does this program cost..is it a free trail period then I either pay for it..or lose it??
    the rest I am sure I can figure out with help from the info you have in here...

Nice to meet everyone!..
    Peace
    Kim

EYE_OF_THE_DRAGON_2.jpg
    956 x 616 - 99K
    Post edited by laraiw1961 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2015

Daz Studio is free. Content is not. A caveat. DAZ Studio content, nor content from the store cannot be used in 2nd life, It would be against the DAZ 3D EULA

Post edited by Chohole on
  • laraiw1961laraiw1961 Posts: 2
    edited June 2015

Ok..wow..well thank you for your quick reply..I guess I'll have to look else where..as I said I really have No clue..there are a couple other programs that I can use for that for sure...I guess I should read up on what exactly this program is for if not making animations and such for virtual worlds...now you did mention JUST Second Life and not the other two grids I am on.. so is it just second life or all grid type platforms..I Know that Second Life is a Closed grid..as is InWorldz....But the other program is an open sim grid..so is this program a no no for all of them..I guess I will go back and read up on what is and what is not allowed...

So even if I purchased a template or graphic from here..not something that I am really interested in for selling, but personal use only..also it would be kind of free advertisement for this place and program .. :( Not sure again what is or isn't allowed..

Also...per Linden Research's Tos...They own any content uploaded into their platform, where as the other two grids are Mine...I own anything I create in the other two places...so Here is my question I guess is the content and such in here purchased or created by me allowed in the other two grids?

:down:

Again thank you for replying

Post edited by laraiw1961 on
  • heatherjayroe78heatherjayroe78 Posts: 1
    edited June 2015

Who are you?:
    Heather, from the great hospitality state of Mississippi but originally from Missouri (born & raised)

What inspires your artistic aspirations?
    Going outside & watching the clouds go by, makes & helps me have a clear mind

I heard about DAZ Studio from word of ear in the virtual world called Second Life. SL is NOT A GAME lol but I have been in SL since 2004'sh so hehe

I wanted to try DAZ out, to get a feel of a 3d proggy

Post edited by heatherjayroe78 on
  • gamer2736gamer2736 Posts: 2
    edited June 2015

Hiiiii !

I'm Shah Nawaz Khan from India .....I've always liked cartoons , Sci-fi movies and of course....GAMES ! ....I graduated in Architecture, but by the time i had completed my degree,...I knew i would be switching my career and thus began my journey...Joined a 3D course in 2012... ..learning MAYA...created an animated short film...and then towards the course end came......ZBrush ! ...and my world was never the same ..For the past 1year and 6 months, I have been working on my showreel [ I had to teach myself everything from scratch through online tutorials....hence the long time]....and finally, it is very close to completion [Rendering right now...]... .Whew ! :-P

It is only 2 days ago when searching for 3D anatomy reference figures that I've come across DAZ3D ...The visuals on the site looked stunning ! I was not very sure about its scope , because it being a free software ...and today , after experimenting a while...I'm blown away ! [ and I've only worked on the male from Genesis 1 ...I'm yet to see Genesis 3 ! ;-P

When playing Skyrim , there is a mod called CBBE with Bodyslide...it contains various sliders adjusting them to create female Bodies according to your tastes...I've had a secret wish for a 3d software that could do something similar.....I have a feeling DAZ3D could be that software !

This is excellent reference for an amateur artist like me....It can teach me anatomy , posing ,clothing, Lighting....so many things !

A little question, guys...Any way I could share my artwork with the community ? I would Love to ...:)

Thank you so much for DAZ 3D !!!! :lol: [ I still can't believe all this is FREE ! ]

Post edited by gamer2736 on
    edited December 1969

gamer2736 said:

A little question, guys...Any way I could share my artwork with the community ? I would Love to ...:)

2 ways a portfolio type thread in the Art Studio http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/2/ or start a Gallery http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/ for your DS art

• bytorsdbytorsd Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Hello everyone, my name is Lonnie, I am a nurse by trade and I am also a musician, played guitar one season for the Air Force band Tops In Blue while enlisted, girlfriend is also a nurse and musician living in the Cincinnati Oh. area we pretty much hobby nowadays, we have a basement studio, she is a keyboardist and I handle guitar drums and bass, musical influences,sixties seventies and eighties rock, I'm a diehard Rush fan and she a Pink Floyd fan, love to copy their music among others, and a few originals, nothing more than an expensive hobby these days, I have been entertained with daz since around 2009 starting with 3.0 I have purchased a lot of items over the years, including plug ins and such, and as I upgraded through the different releases of Daz I found more and more of my runtimes would no longer function, at the time I was running a 32 bit XP Pentium with 2GB ram, along the way of purchases I bought Hexagon 2, Carrara 8, Bryce 7.1 pro and am now running Daz 7.1 pro, I am now running a 64 bit machine windows 7 with 16 GB of ram, which I have no access to such things as my mimic pro, animate, animator, way to numerous more items to name them all but very frustrating, a lot of money wasted, I have tried redownloading numerous times to no good, now, I have created a few of my own figures and objects and such in Daz over the years and also hexagon 2, I realize that Bryce is a 32 bit ran program as well as Carrara and that they are not LAA and can only use around 2GB of ram but any of the figures or objects I have created in Daz only run about 4MB tops and yet Bryce will crash and state an out of memory error, whenever it does prompt for a bug report, Bryce reads my old XP 32 bit system, not the one I am running it on now, I have researched every forum, every you tube post, and have found no resolution, asides purchasing a super computer to try and satisfy Bryce should I just chock it all up and consider Daz a loss? Or maybe invest in other programs available nowadays. I loved Daz at first, it was so easy and manageable but the more I spend time with it, the less satisfied I am, any help or input would be greatly appreciated, thanks for hearing my troubles.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

Welcome, Lonnie, and thank you for your service.

You mentioned you were using Bryce 7.1 Pro and then said DAZ 7.1 Pro. What program do you mean by the latter, as DAZ is the company name? Studio is only at 4.8, so not sure which program you mean.

edited June 2015

Welcome, Lonnie, and thank you for your service.

You mentioned you were using Bryce 7.1 Pro and then said DAZ 7.1 Pro. What program do you mean by the latter, as DAZ is the company name? Studio is only at 4.8, so not sure which program you mean.

As regards your Bryce problems, come over and ask specific questions in the Bryce forum http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/38/ and there are people there who can help you. Many of us have added LAA support to our Bryce installation.

Carrara you need to upgrade to 8.5 pro to get 64 bit support.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Yea, sorry about that , meant to say Daz 4.7 Pro

edited December 1969

Thanks Chris for quick response.

• gamer2736gamer2736 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    gamer2736 said:

2 ways a portfolio type thread in the Art Studio http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/2/ or start a Gallery http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/ for your DS art

Ok....Thank you ! :lol:

• amethyst98glowamethyst98glow Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

My name is Amy. I'm 15 and I love animals, nature and art. I started learning blender 6 months ago so I can create mesh for second life. I have a teen account. Second life is like a social network and virtual world where I can create, and talk with my friends. ^_^

Neways. I made my own virtual world using sim on a stick for my school art project. Was like soooo much fun. I love creating so much. I created avatars using Makehuman and learned how to create rigged mesh clothing for them too. sim on a stick is the same as second life, only its all on my computer instead of the internet.

I found Daz Studio after a random Google and thought I would try it. Looks fun. I had a little play with it earlier just seeing how it is. Mebe I can import and export from blender to Daz Studio, and Daz Studio to Blender? I Would love to create outfits and props for those Daz Studio people. xD Or mebe I could re-rig them with the SL avatar rig so they can be avatars in my world?

Does Daz Studio have animals like cats and fennec foxes? Mebe I could try and make them in blender if it doesnt. I think a lot of my Daz renders would be naturey scenes with cute snuggly animals. <3</p>

Amethyst

• coldbycoldby Posts: 11
    edited February 2016

(this user left due to difference of opinion in matter of censorship)

Post edited by coldby on
  • wingpeg021wingpeg021 Posts: 42

Hello my name is Kurt Curbonell i just rescently became a daz user late last year and started of using daz studio 4.6 pro and now using daz studio 48, i am still learning most of the techiques to one day even becoming a professional artist or perhaps a vender, i am thinking of enrolling in art school in animaton cgg in the fall of this year to learn more about how to use and create animation, i know  alot of schools prefer using 3d maya and so forth.  to be truthful when i first started college i started off working in 3d rhinceros which was of course an animation program they taught us in a local community college, the program was simple use polygons boxs spheres cylenders etc,  learn how to group things together meshing etc. i remember i very first project was just creating basic props as tables chairs and using and redering diffent colors to design diffent structures such as cars vechicles bulidings etc. when i first learned about daz 3d i was excited to learn there was a whole other way of expressing your art, as well as being able to use others, was just awesome, i had never knew about it before when first starting out at college. i had found daz studio though a advertisement page on youtube then they where funding young artist to go art school though daz 3d only i was still finishing up my general education in which i have earned an associates degree in graphic arts and design, and mastered in english. 

it wasn't till i took a year off school to try and figure what direction i wanted career wise, i knew i had a deep passion for art and writing, when i saw some of the creativity some of my friends in school had under went using zbrush, lightwave 3d, they had earned later earned career's working with professional artist most of them where auto cad majors or planning to become future arctechs. when i discovered there interest in art so did i and that is what kind inspiration started my passion for 3d art, since i am still in the extreme process of learning a variety of different software capabilities i know there is alot to learn and choose from. so i plan on going back and learning more of the basics. until now daz like other program software has become one of my main inspirations in expressing art and creativity and has for been for me and  will and will continue to be in the near future.   

• wingpeg021wingpeg021 Posts: 42

ps please excuse if some of my grammer is mis pronounced or aliitle choppie ?

• Hello! I'm a senior in high school who is intrigued by 3D modeling. (Despite lack of ability to actually draw something.) After reading a couple of webcomics made using Daz3D I decided to check it out. I've messed around with Blender before, although nothing major. Trying to learn the ropes and hoping to make some amazing artwork.

I have missed this thread for a while due to the change in the forums, so Hello to Amethyst, Coldby, Kurt and Volixia666.

Welcome to the DAZ 3D Forums, and I hope you find them useful and friendly, and come to rely on them as so many others have in the past.

It is always nice to meet new users, and it keeps us all fresh.   Have fun on the forums here.

• hbgmysitehbgmysite Posts: 1

Sir my name is Nam. I am from VietNam and currently I am living in Hanoi, nice to meet you all..smileylaugh.

• ok here goes... my name is Dragon of Sin (don't ask I won't say) y'all can call me Sin (it's easier). I've been dabbling with Daz off and on over the last couple of years, as long as it is free (don't get paid enough to afford too much). Thus I don't have the library of stuff that I'd like to have to make better works. My work does tend to lean towards the (shall we say) kinkier side of things.If you want to know anything else all you have to do is ask.

• oh can anyone tell me how I can find more characters? I only have maybe 3 or four where can I find them and how much do they cost?

Hello hbgmysite  and tootall862000, and welcome to the forums smiley

I hope you both have downloaded and installed all the free stuff that comes with DAZ Studio?   Like Genesis Starter Essentials, Genesis 2 and Genesis 3, as well as the Default Lights and Shaders.

There are lots of free characters made for the DAZ 3D figures available on ShareCG, and it is a good place to look for content.   There are also many sales in the store here, so it is worth keeping a cloe eye on that too.   Hope to see you on the forums!

ok here goes... my name is Dragon of Sin (don't ask I won't say) y'all can call me Sin (it's easier). I've been dabbling with Daz off and on over the last couple of years, as long as it is free (don't get paid enough to afford too much). Thus I don't have the library of stuff that I'd like to have to make better works. My work does tend to lean towards the (shall we say) kinkier side of things.If you want to know anything else all you have to do is ask.

You can change the auto assigned forum user name to  Dragon of Sin if you want by going to this page  https://www.daz3d.com/customer/account/edit/.   ; That name is not in use yet, so if you do it quickly you can bag it as yours.

• Hi my name is Sribatchha, I have been using daz for a month. I am a game developper and designer and want to
    explore daz for the posibility of using daz characters in games.smiley

• Hello all.  My name is Tripp and I am just starting out....sort of.  I had DAZ Studio many years ago and just didnt have time to get very far with it.    Figured I would try to get back in the game again and find an outlet for my artsy side, so I just downloaded the new DAZ Studio and I am excited to get going.  I have ready many posts so far and still have many questions.  I look forward to getting to know the community and the program.