Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Welcome to the forums, Duncan and Lawrence.

I hope you enjoy your time here, and if you have any questions, there is always someone here to help. The New Users forum is particularly useful, and you will always receive a warm welcome.

• BiolukeBioluke Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

Hi. I usually go by bioluke most of the time. I'm a biology student irl but have been a digital art hobbyist for some time now to "be more well rounded" and decided now that I've got a better computer than I've had in the past would be an appropriate time to break into 3D a bit more seriously.

Got myself a copy of DAZstudio 4.6 pro and will be trying to figure the ins and outs of working in Bryce, etc.

A long time ago a penpal turned me onto DAZ products way back when Studio was still I think in some iteration of Version 2 or 3 but I always had to stick individual content library items on removable media due to extreme hard drive limitations... I've got to say, it's kinda nice to finally have the proper amount of gigabytes for a little breathing room for once in my online life lol. Not having to do that all the time anymore feels pretty good!

edited December 1969

Hello bioluke, and welcome to the forums!

Make sure to download and install the Genesis Starter Essentials and Genesis 2 Starter Essentials packs as well as the other free files when you grab DAZ Studio.

If you have any questions, please use the New User Forum, we will be very pleased to see you there.

• BiolukeBioluke Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

Oh I do grab the freebies whenever I can. :-)
    I think I've got at least one of the two sets of starter essentials you'd mentioned already, but might have to nab the other one still... :-P

• PrideofBedfordPrideofBedford Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hi My Name is Andrew Bird, And i have a question for anyone who can help me with a problem I have been having with Daz3d Version 3. I recently reinstalled Daz after deciding that I wasn't getting anywhere trying to get to know it, but the issue is when I try to open a model in daz instead of getting Millennium baby I get two flesh like coloured lines and I can't work out whether the problem is my screen settings or a setting in daz3d. How do I fix this so I can have another go at creating an animation?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2014

HI, I suggest that the question in this post would be better asked in The New Users Forum, not in the Welcome area.

Would you like me to move it there for you?

BTW DAZ 3D is the Company. DAZ Studio is the program and the current version of DS is 4.6

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Td3dTd3d Posts: 412
    edited December 1969

Hi everyone. Just using my super-slow internet connection to say hello and love Daz3d. I am an accomplished artist (painting/music) of roughly 30+ years. Am relatively new to 3d art but spent the 90's 'addicted ' to Photoshop. Today I am addicted to Daz! I build electric guitars for a living and stumbled upon Daz while searching for an app that would help me create virtual guitars to test visual ideas. Got myself seriously side-tracked and don't feel a bit bothered by it either.
    Love Daz... Love the new site layout. Now I can refference what products are required and needed without the going into the product library. Cool!
    Stay well and stay positive.
    Trevor D (Austalia)

edited December 1969

Welcome to the forums Trevor, although I see you have already made a start, nice image btw.

Hope to see you again soon.

• DarQueBirdDarQueBird Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

HI, My name is Heidi.
    I am sort of a newbie.
    I started using Poser a while ago but then some things came up and I had to take a brake from creating...
    Happy to say I am back!

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

• Charles WestCharles West Posts: 123
    edited December 1969

HI, My name is Heidi.
    I am sort of a newbie.
    I started using Poser a while ago but then some things came up and I had to take a brake from creating...
    Happy to say I am back!

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Welcome. I too found life interrupting the creative process. Some good people here that will help and encourage.

edited December 1969

Yes, welcome to the forums Heidi :)

If there is anything you are not sure of, be sure to post in the New Users Help Forum, as Caligreal says, there are plenty of people here to help you.

• Td3dTd3d Posts: 412
    edited December 1969

Thank you JimmyC. and Hi to Heidi. I don't get to log on as often as I'd like to to respond or view posts. I try to put a couple hours aside daily to do something with Daz. My work and studies have really slowed down my completing any finished renders though. Cos I usually don't revisit the same scene at start up ( usually open Daz with a new idea each time). So I totally understand how frustrating that can be. As 3d can be so time consuming (though enjoyable).
    Later ppl:-)

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

Welcome, Heidi!

• RCR-2631227RCR-2631227 Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

Hello everyone, I'm new here! At first, I'm sorry for my English not good, I always try to improve it. I'm Silvio from Italy, i'm a graphic designer and actually i work in a sector design in a typography. My domain, being restricted only to the field related to the printing press (not video editing / rendering), leads me to the extensive use of the following software: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign (n the past Quark Xpress Passport) for layout and Adobe Illustrator for vector graphics. For over ten years I have also made massive use of 3D modelling and rendering software such as Cinema 4D although today its use is extremely limited in that my job does not require it and the time available is minimal. However, these 3D experiences have given me a great education on the observation of a scene and the care of those details that the untrained eye are negligible but extremely important. My interest in 3D graphics is the largest photo-realism as possible, and I spent a lot of time in the study of light and shade, their bounce on objects and their endless variables. Same as regards the setting of the materials. Unfortunately many people who work with 3D modeling software dont tend to look kindly on software like DAZ or POSER but I find they are wrong. DAZ has an intuitive interface for the newbie but it offers extremely high performance and complex solutions for the experienced user. It 'sa great software. Also because, for modelling's body as a Genesis 2 starting from a cube, rigging it at level of DAZ for expressions-poses, is a huge job and requires not only a huge time but also experience at the highest levels! I dont use DAZ for work but for fun in my spare time. No matter whether for business or pleasure, I always try to do things as best as possible (after all the professional bias is also in leisure time). Wit DAZ i'm not a newbie but not an end-user, let's say i'm an average user, for a short time in this part I'm trying to get better the more advanced options of the software in order to add more realism.

My interests: I'm an incredibly lover of music, i have spend all my life from thousands of concerts, including traveling abroad. Although in 2014 i'm a lover of vinyl, I have over 500 and I am very lover of hi-fi systems. I like the alternative scenes of '80 (Punk - New-Wave and Post-Punk) that, despite the current times, I've never been away. I like also other genres also very different from each other, but I never upgraded to the mainstream music for about twenty years so I dont understand anything about the new kinds of trend of recent generations.
    I love alternative comunication with art, all possible art.

Hugs to all!

edited December 1969

Welcome Silvio, a very interesting post.

I hope you enjoy your time on the forums, I think you should fit in well

• XangthXangth Posts: 127
    edited December 1969

Hi, my name is Ken, my handle here is Xangth. I have been creating art all of my life although I have never been trained or had schooling. I started doing 3D 1993 after discovering how incredible the 3D art field is and how fun and fulfilling it is. I have always wished and aspired to become a professional artist if I can. I discovered Bryce in the early days and loved it and have been using it since about 1997. I also discovered the early poser and the now fantastic DAZ3D software is. I have taught myself how to use both products and love working with both. I would love to have a job as an artist or to support the software. I did at certain times had short stints of being an Web Designer and graphics person and some for print projects. Although it is a far cry from doing book or magazine covers as I would love to do someday.
    I have only recently this year tried my hand at doing the competitions as I felt it would be a good way to learn more and perhaps become a professional artist.

• NoermanNoerman Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

Hi all, my name is Arif and I came from Indonesia. Nothing much to say for now but I have huge dream using DAZ softwares and assets. Let's hope I can achieve my dream someday. :)

• Atticus BonesAtticus Bones Posts: 364
    edited December 1969

Greetings, Arif. Welcome to the wonderful world of Daz!

edited December 1969

Welcome, Ken and arif! If you have any questions, please ask.

To get the best answers, try to give us as much info as possible.

Are you on Mac or PC and on what OS?

What software are you asking about/number version?

Describe what you want to do or know.

Describe what problem you're having, what you did, if anything, what happened and what you had expected.

Screenshots can help us as well.

We're here to help.

edited December 1969

Hi Atticus Bones & Cris Palomino,

Thanks for the kindness and since I don't really introduce myself before, here some intro about me but it going to be long. :)

First, I just able to upgrade my membership to Platinum Club Plus this week since I know a lot benefits I can get by having that membership.

I also use your (DAZ) CS support one time, asking if I able to upgrade membership without credit card (which I don't have) and thanks to your CS and Store Credit feature (also Gift Card) finally I able to apply. What an achievement for me! :)

3D world (gaming world actually) have been my dream for long time ago, so does online freelancing, WordPress theme, logo design etc. I bought some resources (and gather knowledge) for almost each of biz type and not knowing which one to focus and end up doing nothing. Ouch!!!

Although I end up doing freelancing worldwide, for managing other website, naming contest etc. So I have money to live my life. Not much but that to the God it is enough. :)

So there came Unity3D (unity3d.com), that give me some light in gaming industry and also android play store, PSN (PlayStation), Steam etc. that open their door (in cheap way) for me. And then I want to improve my live and try to jump in the gaming industry step by steps.

Basically I want to make games and also educational movies/animation etc. I need different software’s for almost each step. And as we know they don't come cheap and I would say ridiculous price. I found DAZ3D long time before Unity3D but after I found the dead TrueSpace (still installed on my PC) and that time you selling DAZ3D Game Developer Kit, which I can afford it that time.

I came from third world country (Indonesia) where internet business such as freelancing or any type of online jobs were not publicly known. Most of my neighbors were not know what I do for living, that kind of funny isn't it. And it hard to explain it for them. I just say I work and pay by American (I meant for PayPal).

Using DAZ3d I believe I would be able to simplified many things and thanks for bring it for free. Although I still need to invest more on DAZ3D related software’s and plugins also assets.

Also I don't know how much I need to pay for DAZ3D Studio 4.7 Pro when it released. I found DAZ Studio 4.7 Pro Public more promising compared to DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro.

I hope I can have the DAZ Indie Game Developer License soon, so I can start playing with it publicly. Although I will release my first game within 1-3 years from now.

I'm not really talented but eager to learn. The worst part is I can't find decent docs for DAZ3D, where I can read it over and over again until I get the point. The DAZ videos were old but still useful but not covering all parts.

Rigging from other owned model still hard for me, also I need to learn more about legal usage on DAZ assets so I don't get problem later. Currently I only buy DAZ assets and not from others, worrying about legal usage since my dream is to create games.

Mixamo does great jobs, but the price still way out of my budget (even the indie price and I don't have CC). But thanks God I have Mixamo Fuse thru Steam, where I get cheaper price compared to Unity3D assets store. In case someone need Fuse from Mixamo and also supporting me, just contact me and I will buy it and give it to you as a gift. I believe that okay, but I will get more info about it later when I need it.

DAZ should have better tutorial and brief documentary so that newbie like me can stand among the others.

This is my dream and I believe it will take times, money and some guts. At least I have the guts and spirit and maybe some time (I'm not really young).

And for your info, DAZ PC Anniversary 2014 sale make me crazy and pulling my hair knowing I don't have money on my PayPal. Hopefully next year would be different.

---
    Here some walkthrough how to get Platinum Club Plus without credit card, in case anyone need it.

I use my (biz verified) PayPal account to send Gift Card for myself and claimed it within Store Credit, then order Platinum Club plus Membership (Quarterly or Annually) within DAZ store. And pay with your Store Credit, then you got your membership. Awesome.

edited December 1969

Also I don’t know how much I need to pay for DAZ3D Studio 4.7 Pro when it released. I found DAZ Studio 4.7 Pro Public more promising compared to DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro.

Hello noerman

I can't see why there would be any charge for DS4.7, there used to be free and paid for versions of DS, but since version 4, the Pro version is free. In fact, it is now the only version available.

Inside DAZ Studio, go to Help > Home (or Home key on the keyboard) and you will see what help is available.

I would have thought that DAZ 3D models are a bit polygon heavy for game creators to use, but I suppose there are ways around that.
    edited December 1969

Also I don’t know how much I need to pay for DAZ3D Studio 4.7 Pro when it released. I found DAZ Studio 4.7 Pro Public more promising compared to DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro.

Hello noerman

I can't see why there would be any charge for DS4.7, there used to be free and paid for versions of DS, but since version 4, the Pro version is free. In fact, it is now the only version available.

Inside DAZ Studio, go to Help > Home (or Home key on the keyboard) and you will see what help is available.

Is that so? Awesome. Thanks.

I would have thought that DAZ 3D models are a bit polygon heavy for game creators to use, but I suppose there are ways around that.

I just noob, and I believe Decimator what I need. It on my wishlist right now.

• johannswartjohannswart Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Hi guys. Name is Supalama. Been doing renders with DAZ for about 8 months now. Been playing around with it allot and can officially admit that I am a DAZ addict. I do this as a hobby, so when I have some time out of my regular life, I love fiddling around with DAZ. I bought Reality 2.5 and since then, I've gotten even more addicted to DAZ. Love the software, love the content and love making my ow as well.

• edited December 1969

Hello everyone! My name is Adrian Cunningham. I work for King Sister Productions here in Northwest Louisiana.
    I am a film editor working on editing a horror movie to be loaded to d.v.d this Dec. 1st.

We finished our movie back in 2013 that takes place in the swamplands.

If you wish to know more about me visit my profile info. :)

I will be in and out. I'm looking forward to working with you all.

• spatryspatry Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hello, I am Spatry. I am a popular YouTube show host and the founder of the Cup of Linux community. I am also the developer of Manjaro: Cup of Linux Edition. Aside from participating in the Linux community, I enjoy dabbling in 3D. Presently, I use Blender, make-human and Daz Studio for creation of 3d content for use in artwork and other video projects. I use Linux exclusively for all desktop publishing and multimedia productions. I am pleased with how Daz3D runs on Linux. I would like to thank DAZ3D for making their character modeling software freely available to the community. It has helped me to redefine how I create digital art today! Cheers!

edited December 1969

Hello to johannswart, Innerbalance2005 and spatry, and a warm welcome to you all.

I look forward to seeing you all on the forums here, and if you have any problems, there are lots of people here to help.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Welcome to all the n00bs who have joined the DAZ3D Forums since I was last here.

As Jimmy mentioned, we have a large group of folks here who are very knowledgeable and willing to help, so if you have any questions.
    Be sure to visit our New Users Help Forum.

• eermusiceermusic Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

I am a few months into Bryce 7 Pro and a few weeks into DAZ Studio 4.7.
    My gallery is here: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#galleries/82172/

I am a recording musician at http://www.SourceCodeX.com and have loved art all my life. I have made a wee bit of money doing both art and music but it is all for the thrill of creation that I do it.

So I am trying my hand at digital realism these days. That's about it.

AfterTheLastPsychicWars.jpg
    1274 x 478 - 582K
    edited December 1969

Welcome eermusic, I see you have already found the Bryce forums :)

Hope to see you around soon!

edited December 1969

Welcome, everyone!