"There's Always Another Sale™" Sales thread: Report Issues Here

Comments

• Ragazzine said:

At the bottom of the current feature page, below the featured artists, is a selection of new items at 30% off. The exception is it excludes new items. The first 8 or 10 items are still new enough to have their release discount. The rest are within 60 days, so considered New, and excluded - at least in my shopping cart. What kind of a person would make a list using a selection criteria exactly equal to the exclusion criteria?

Why is Daz turining their store into a machne that grinds up good will and loyalty?

Not sure what's going on there, perhaps it has conditions or perhaps it's a copy/paste issue - anyway, reported.

• Does anyone have a wqay to see which "Love the Artist" items are on sale in my wishlist? It's a coupon, and it's rather incinvenient to have to look through 212 pages of items to see if something qualifies...

Yeah, I could put items in my wishlist, appply the coupon and see if they're discounted, but then if they're not I have to move them back, and that seems like a really dumb way to run a sale.

Thanks,

..Joe

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,473

DAZ needs to simplify their sales. I'm always feeling getting ripped off as some people figure out how to get max out of the stacks, multiple if this and if that...its way too complicated, and made all the more frustrating by the fact its not always working as advertised. If you wait, you lose, if you wait, the discount increases, sometimes ytou can stack, sometimes not, sometimes the wording is so bad no one can figure it out, sometimes the coupons work, its a crap shoot from one day to the next.  

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083

joegerardi_36a94660de said:

Does anyone have a wqay to see which "Love the Artist" items are on sale in my wishlist?

With the browser addon ( https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/106296/announcing-daz-deals-browser-add-on/p1 ) you can filter the sales page to only show your wishlisted items.

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,366

Select Daz Originals

Get an EXTRA 5% OFF up to 10 Select Daz Originals

I don't want to fall into the "That discount isn't good enough" whining that often fills the thread, but a extra 5% discount with a cap on the number of items seems so unusually small (particularly when many of the items are not otherwise discounted at all) that I have to query whether it's a mistake.

• iwoolcoc said:

Re the promo:

"Featured Genesis 3 Items

Buy ‘Eyes and Expressions’ New Releases, any items with "8.1" in the title or any of these items

to get the following discounts:"

As I have previously advised (and others have found) not all of the  "Eyes and Expressions’ New Releases" trigger the discount.

Richard Haseltine stated this is because:

- "You need a Genesis 8.1 item, not just any new release".

However this is not what the promo writeup states.

There is a comma between "Eyes and Expressions New Releases" and "any item with 8.1 in the title",  and my understanding is that this implies "or", and thus as written there are three separate triggers for the discount:

- 1 - any of the eyes and expressions new releases, (any as there is nothing in the promo write up that states any restrictions),

- 2 - any item with 8.1 in the title (which would imply any day, not just ones from this day),

- 3 - any of the listed products below the promo write up.

Now I understand the promo is most likely working as DAZ3D intended as they would want to promote 8.1, and not enviroments etc, and that it is just badly worded, but this annoys me, as I thought I would be getting the free items as I had picked one of the new releases, and feel cheated that they were not free.

Also note that "Buy ‘Eyes and Expressions’ New Releases that have 8.1 in the title"  would also not work as a correct promo write up as  "Strong Love Poses for Genesis 3 and 8" does trigger the free stuff, and it does not have 8.1 in its title.

None of the items trigger it for me. If anything the G3 items are just deeply discounted. But nothing is free. I've sent a ticket and hopefully it gets straightened out before the sale ends.
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947

Robert Freise said:

SimonJM said:

Intesresting .. on the 'deal page' I see:

Other ‘Stuck on You’ New Releases

Buy Victoria 8.1Micheal 8.1, or their bundles to getan EXTRA 20% OFF these items

with Alternative shapes for M8.1 and V8.1 being the items listed. I have both in the cart, (alreday purchased V8.1 and M8.1) and only the Vb.1 item has the extra discount applied.

Same here 

This now looks to be fixed, a thank you to whomever 'flipped the switch'  

• BHawkBHawk Posts: 61

Did the Romeo hair get pulled?  I tried putting it into my cart and when I look at my cart, it isn't there.  Now I get an "oops" page.  Since it's the only new release that I want, I can't use the 65 coupon. 

•  

This now looks to be fixed, a thank you to whomever 'flipped the switch'  

Yes Thanks 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,357
    edited February 2021

BHawk said:

Did the Romeo hair get pulled?  I tried putting it into my cart and when I look at my cart, it isn't there.  Now I get an "oops" page.  Since it's the only new release that I want, I can't use the 65 coupon. 

Yep, it looks like it may have been pulled.

However, the new release to trigger the 65 coupon doesn't need to be one of today's new releases. Any new release will work; so, there are quite a lot of them to choose from.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • fubarthebuff said:

iwoolcoc said:

Re the promo:

Buy ‘Eyes and Expressions’ New Releases, any items with "8.1" in the title or any of these items

As I have previously advised (and others have found) not all of the  "Eyes and Expressions’ New Releases" trigger the discount.

There is a comma between "Eyes and Expressions New Releases" and "any item with 8.1 in the title",  and my understanding is that this implies "or", and thus as written there are three separate triggers for the discount:

- 1 - any of the eyes and expressions new releases, (any as there is nothing in the promo write up that states any restrictions),

- 2 - any item with 8.1 in the title (which would imply any day, not just ones from this day),

Now I understand the promo is most likely working as DAZ3D intended as they would want to promote 8.1, and not enviroments etc, and that it is just badly worded, but this annoys me, as I thought I would be getting the free items as I had picked one of the new releases, and feel cheated that they were not free.

Also note that "Buy ‘Eyes and Expressions’ New Releases that have 8.1 in the title"  would also not work as a correct promo write up as  "Strong Love Poses for Genesis 3 and 8" does trigger the free stuff, and it does not have 8.1 in its title.

None of the items trigger it for me. If anything the G3 items are just deeply discounted. But nothing is free. I've sent a ticket and hopefully it gets straightened out before the sale ends.

Please show your cart so we can check or explain.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224

Why did "Staff Picks Celebrate the Year of the Ox" bundle more than double in price today? 

• Charlie Judge said:

BHawk said:

Yep, it looks like it may have been pulled.

However, the new release to trigger the 65 coupon doesn't need to be one of today's new releases. Any new release will work; so, there are quite a lot of them to choose from.

I'm not sure why it went but it is back.

• barbult said:

Why did "Staff Picks Celebrate the Year of the Ox" bundle more than double in price today? 

I think the price was corrected last night.

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

The number and frequency of errors in Daz 3D promotions is just staggering. surprise

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,473

I think the way to do this dAZ thing is to grab what looks like a decent deal, put in cart, buy it, and don;t look back. If you feel good at that moment, you're good. I guess. 

• fubarthebuff said:

iwoolcoc said:

Re the promo:

Please show your cart so we can check or explain.

This is what I've got. Everything after the first the items were pulled from the list of "free"choices
    Screenshot_20210213-154546.jpg
    1080 x 2376 - 740K
    Screenshot_20210213-154600.jpg
    1080 x 2376 - 641K
  • JamieMJamieM Posts: 353
    edited February 2021

This is similar to what confused me for hours when I tried to get the offer to work.

I think you are getting a $90 discount spread through all the "free" items. Try reducing the number of them and you should see the prices of each remaining item go down. Eventually you'll see some go free.  

Post edited by JamieM on
  • barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

The number and frequency of errors in Daz 3D promotions is just staggering. surprise

If we count the promos or new products without error or potential for misunderstanding, we would have less to do. Most Mom & Dad stores are showing greater customer focus, I suppose.

• Ati said:

joegerardi_36a94660de said:

Does anyone have a wqay to see which "Love the Artist" items are on sale in my wishlist?

With the browser addon ( https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/106296/announcing-daz-deals-browser-add-on/p1 ) you can filter the sales page to only show your wishlisted items.

Thank you very much! That's not something I'd ever do- my browser is too important to trust it to a company that can't even properly promote as sale on their own site, but I appreciate the response.

..Joe

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 353
    edited February 2021

Thank you very much! That's not something I'd ever do- my browser is too important to trust it to a company that can't even properly promote as sale on their own site, but I appreciate the response.

You'll be missing out. The add-on is an independent creation - to fill in the obvious gaps in the Daz website. Not made by Daz or run by them.   It's superb and together with the email notifications one of the only things that makes shopping manageable  without hair-tearing. I can't imagine using Daz without it. Huge thanks to its creators and maintainers. 

Post edited by JamieM on
  • JamieM said:

This is similar to what confused me for hours when I tried to get the offer to work.

I think you are getting a $90 discount spread through all the "free" items. Try reducing the number of them and you should see the prices of each remaining item go down. Eventually you'll see some go free. 

I'm having the same problem with the $60 threshold, and while removing items does eventually get the "free" items to show up as $0.00, I shouldn't have to remove anything to trigger that. I know this for sure because I added items from the Genesis 3 "free" list to my cart until the total was just under $60.  Then I added "Natural Eyes II for Genesis 8.1", which is going in my cart at $24.47.  That, of course, is over $20 and should make everything else in my cart free, since the total for them is under $60.  It doesn't, though.  I just get discounts, as shown in the screenshot below.

Cart_Screenshot.jpg
    1920 x 894 - 489K
  • JamieM said:

You'll be missing out. The add-on is an independent creation - to fill in the obvious gaps in the Daz website. Not made by Daz or run by them.   It's superb and together with the email notifications one of the only things that makes shopping manageable  without hair-tearing. I can't imagine using Daz without it. Huge thanks to its creators and maintainers. 

+ 100

I heart it.

• Charlie Judge said:

JamieM said:

+ 100

I heart it.

I add another 200 laugh. I even whitelisted the trackers that go with the info mail, just to support that add-on. I could not work with the DAZ site without that add-on.  

• JamieM said:

That's what the problem was. Too many Genesis 3 items to get them free.

rainshadowpictures said:

JamieM said:

I'm having the same problem with the $60 threshold, and while removing items does eventually get the "free" items to show up as $0.00, I shouldn't have to remove anything to trigger that. I know this for sure because I added items from the Genesis 3 "free" list to my cart until the total was just under $60.  Then I added "Natural Eyes II for Genesis 8.1", which is going in my cart at $24.47.  That, of course, is over $20 and should make everything else in my cart free, since the total for them is under $60.  It doesn't, though.  I just get discounts, as shown in the screenshot below.

You are correct. You are not getting the advertised deal. I can create a test cart with other items and see the same thing happen. You can either pay the price shown and submit a help request for a refund of the difference (document with screen shots), or remove items and not get what you deserve, or dump the whole cart and just give up on the broken sale. Option 1 is good if you want the items and can afford to overpay while waiting for a refund. If they refuse to honor the terms of the sale, you can just return the whole cart and get all your money back instead.

• Cris Palomino said:

It is this item. https://www.daz3d.com/valentine Free when you buy the Stuck on you bundle. Not sure when the page will be fixed.

It's going past 9PM EST and the page doesn't appear to have changed. And really, having to buy (which isn't in the advertisement) a bundle to get an item that's less than 2$ USD with PC+ is kind of a dull Valentines day freebie IMO.

The Valentines day sale in general is kind of lame compared to the Eyes and Expressions one, hell, that sale had me buying something I didn't even want/need just for the G3 freebie.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,736

Ragazzine said:

Why is Daz turining their store into a machne that grinds up good will and loyalty?

It makes the best flour. Wait till you taste the cake that's made with it! 

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,658
    edited February 2021

xyer0 said:

Ragazzine said:

It makes the best flour. Wait till you taste the cake that's made with it! 

i like money.jpg
    480 x 360 - 17K
    Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • Neither of the two "Love the Artists" coupon codes are working.

Also, it would be a lot easier if Daz would create a banner for any codes like this so that we can copy/paste them rather than having to type them - that way when they don't work we don't have to keep going back to check where they put the hyphens to see if we got it wrong.

This discussion has been closed.