"There's Always Another Sale™" Sales thread: Report Issues Here

Comments

• NathNath Posts: 2,728

Novica said:

tsroemi said:

'Underwhelmed' is exactly right, I wish we would stop having this overabundance (is that even a word?) of uninteresting 50/55% sales literally every day and instead go back to having real good ones every once in a while.

Let's put it this way- I would rather get 30% or 40% off something I can use and really want, than have to spend $30 or more (MORE being the reality of these sales) to get the thing I want down 50 to 55%. And what I have to spend doesn't make up that $30 for items which aren't important to me. I'd never done that (buy at only 30-40% off) in the nine years of shopping here, but I've done it several times the past couple weeks. As a buyer I'm finding Daz thinks I will invest more money than in the past to get a product I want,  with these promotions. Ain't happening. Didn't buy a thing today.

And I'm actually saving money by getting only what I want. I'm spending much less.

Same here, and I keep dropping stuff from my wishlist as well if it's too similar to things I already have; there's very little in there that I really want (i.e., missed out on when it was initially on sale), so I might as well trim it down to those and a few things that are mainly there as potential references.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,408

Nath said:

Novica said:

tsroemi said:

'Underwhelmed' is exactly right, I wish we would stop having this overabundance (is that even a word?) of uninteresting 50/55% sales literally every day and instead go back to having real good ones every once in a while.

Let's put it this way- I would rather get 30% or 40% off something I can use and really want, than have to spend $30 or more (MORE being the reality of these sales) to get the thing I want down 50 to 55%. And what I have to spend doesn't make up that $30 for items which aren't important to me. I'd never done that (buy at only 30-40% off) in the nine years of shopping here, but I've done it several times the past couple weeks. As a buyer I'm finding Daz thinks I will invest more money than in the past to get a product I want,  with these promotions. Ain't happening. Didn't buy a thing today.

And I'm actually saving money by getting only what I want. I'm spending much less.

Same here, and I keep dropping stuff from my wishlist as well if it's too similar to things I already have; there's very little in there that I really want (i.e., missed out on when it was initially on sale), so I might as well trim it down to those and a few things that are mainly there as potential references.

Yeah, I've been doing that, too - shopping a lot less, obviously, but also trimming down my wishlist something vicious. Anything that's just 'nice to have' but that I don't really need for my current projects, I'll just take a screenshot of and save somewhere, so I don't forget it exists. I've also basically stopped buying items just because there was a good deal on them, because I feel I should rather save the money for the essential things.

Hm, surely this can't be the way DAZ wants this to go, can it? Doesn't make much sense business-wise, or am I missing something?

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,282
    edited February 2021
  • NathNath Posts: 2,728

tsroemi said:

Nath said:

Novica said:

tsroemi said:

Yeah, I've been doing that, too - shopping a lot less, obviously, but also trimming down my wishlist something vicious. Anything that's just 'nice to have' but that I don't really need for my current projects, I'll just take a screenshot of and save somewhere, so I don't forget it exists. I've also basically stopped buying items just because there was a good deal on them, because I feel I should rather save the money for the essential things.

Hm, surely this can't be the way DAZ wants this to go, can it? Doesn't make much sense business-wise, or am I missing something?

Maybe, but I'm loving the effect on my spending, so let's not tell them, hmm; see if they notice... Or maybe others are buying enough to compensate for those of us the current offers don't work for.

• c.loth1975@googlemail.com[email protected] Posts: 69
    edited February 2021

Hello,

Robert Freise said:

https://www.daz3d.com/tesla3dcorp-open-apartment Appears to be the following two combined 

https://www.daz3d.com/tesla3dcorp-open-apartment-props

https://www.daz3d.com/tesla3dcorp-open-apartment-environment

now I don't like this approach to packaging products. Why isn't the first product clearly marked as a bundle of the later two? This way there might be confusion and "duplicate" purchases, as the same files are part of different products.

Best regards.

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • We can now see the masterplan behind yesterday's promotion and the reasons why they put DO with non DO together in the beginning (before forum mutiny).
    Today's Tesla3dCorp, Stonemason, and i13 nicely stack with yesterday's Arcane sale (from more-less 73% to 87% depending on DO, your PC status, and stain-a-five cupon).
    Arcana sale will probably be here for few more days, so we will have opportunities to stack more authors. I guess it's planed this way because coupon wording (Good up to 3 uses)

• evacynevacyn Posts: 961

darko66 said:

We can now see the masterplan behind yesterday's promotion and the reasons why they put DO with non DO together in the beginning (before forum mutiny).
    Today's Tesla3dCorp, Stonemason, and i13 nicely stack with yesterday's Arcane sale (from more-less 73% to 87% depending on DO, your PC status, and stain-a-five cupon).
    Arcana sale will probably be here for few more days, so we will have opportunities to stack more authors. I guess it's planed this way because coupon wording (Good up to 3 uses)

Thanks for the tip! I picked up some Stonemason stuff that's been on my wishlist forever.

• MazhMazh Posts: 476

Funny...they've made me an offer to use the code with the enchanted selection as a non PC member and it doesn't work, not even with non discounted items smiley

• Is this the thread to report sales problems?
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

ALLIEKATBLUE said:

Is this the thread to report sales problems?

Yes

• Well todays promotion (extra 15% off) is at least not working for Vicky 8.1 (bundle) owners. As soon as I removed Michael 8.1 from card the discount disappeared.

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 353

I can't get the free Genesis 3 deal to work at all. I have over $30 in my cart including an Eyes new release and Victoria 8.1 but the Genesis items remain stubbornly unfree!

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,357
    edited February 2021

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Well todays promotion (extra 15% off) is at least not working for Vicky 8.1 (bundle) owners. As soon as I removed Michael 8.1 from card the discount disappeared.

I own both Michael 8.1 bundles and one of the 2 Victoria 8.1 bundles but the orange banner (15% off on  featured artists and new releases) isn't working for me either.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,735

owners of Micheal (sic) 8.1,Victoria 8.1, individuals and bundles, to get an extra 15% off any featured new releases and today's artist stores

Not working for me either.

• xyer0 said:

owners of Micheal (sic) 8.1,Victoria 8.1, individuals and bundles, to get an extra 15% off any featured new releases and today's artist stores

Not working for me either.

Reported.

• Should work now.

• Todays promo states:

"Buy ‘Eyes and Expressions’ New Releases, any items with "8.1" in the title or any of these items to get the following discounts:

Carts over $10 get $30 worth of Featured Genesis 3 Items FREE**  (etc).

The new releases include:

- Tiny Home Office

- FG Japanese Steak House

- HDR Rendering in DAZ Studio Iray - Video Tutorial.

However, none of these items trigger the free discount.

The other new releases do trigger the discount:

- "Strong Love Poses for Genesis 3 and 8" used as an example (note that this does not have 8.1 in its title so does not meet the "any items with "8.1" in the title" trigger).

Am I misreading the promo, or should ALL of todays new releases trigger the discount?   

DazStoreProblem_12feb21.JPG
    1362 x 570 - 76K
    DazStoreProblem2_12feb21.JPG
    1395 x 668 - 87K

Well - I can't get the Free offer to work - no matter what I put in the cart!

Cart fail.PNG
    1382 x 796 - 146K
  • iwoolcoc said:

Todays promo states:

"Buy ‘Eyes and Expressions’ New Releases, any items with "8.1" in the title or any of these items to get the following discounts:

- Tiny Home Office

- "Strong Love Poses for Genesis 3 and 8" used as an example (note that this does not have 8.1 in its title so does not meet the "any items with "8.1" in the title" trigger).

Am I misreading the promo, or should ALL of todays new releases trigger the discount?   

Reported.

JamieM said:

Is this another non-working offer? Has anyone successfully managed to claim the free items by buying eg Victoria and and "Eye" product?

• JamieM said:

JamieM said:

Is this another non-working offer? Has anyone successfully managed to claim the free items by buying eg Victoria and and "Eye" product?

Yes, it is working. One of the "8.1" labled products, anything that gets the cart over the required limit, and then add the G3 items. It works even more than one time. With today's three "8.1" labled items, you can run that three times. 

• Cris Palomino said:

iwoolcoc said:

Todays promo states:

- Tiny Home Office

Reported.

"These items" refers to the items below the text (which may be none dpending on what you have already purchased), not to the new releases that are not "8.1".

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,471
    edited February 2021

evacyn said:

darko66 said:

We can now see the masterplan behind yesterday's promotion and the reasons why they put DO with non DO together in the beginning (before forum mutiny).

Thanks for the tip! I picked up some Stonemason stuff that's been on my wishlist forever.

so you have to buy an Arcane product over and over for this to kick in?  3 times?

Post edited by daveso on

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

JamieM said:

JamieM said:

Yes, it is working. One of the "8.1" labled products, anything that gets the cart over the required limit, and then add the G3 items. It works even more than one time. With today's three "8.1" labled items, you can run that three times. 

Thanks for the info. I cleared my cart and retried.  Took multiple variations before I found a combination that added up. I'm quite used to confusing Daz sales - but this one scrambled my brain. 

• gsil247gsil247 Posts: 221

I can't get it to work. I have over $30 in my cart and one item from the Eyes and Expression, but still won't get any of the free items for free. What am I doing wrong? The last item in my cart is the only one that should be free and its only valued at $15

Screenshot (44).png
    1855 x 883 - 280K
  • evacynevacyn Posts: 961

daveso said:

evacyn said:

darko66 said:

so you have to buy an Arcane product over and over for this to kick in?  3 times?

Yeah - I just used it the once (with the hair). I can't see using any of the other Arcane products.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited February 2021

I have an additional coupon that says 10% off 3 items ( see screen shot attached)  but it doesn't say what 3 items, do they have to be new, old combination of both, exclude PC ??? I have 3 items in my cart but it doesn't apply an additional 10%...

10% off 3.jpg
    1069 x 578 - 87K
    Post edited by Kharma on
  • Alias52Alias52 Posts: 285

Kharma said:

I have an additional coupon that says 10% off 3 items ( see screen shot attached)  but it doesn't say what 3 items, do they have to be new, old combination of both, exclude PC ??? I have 3 items in my cart but it doesn't apply an additional 10%...

Looks like the additional has been applied. For me, all 3 are only 30% off.

Alias52 said:

Kharma said:

Looks like the additional has been applied. For me, all 3 are only 30% off.

No it's only giving me the additional 15% off for owning Vic 8.1/Michael 8.1, and the extra  20% off the  Natural Eyes as I own the first one, so with having 3 items in my cart there should now be another 10% off them according to the coupon.

I also now have 2 coupons for the staff picks Year of OX bundle,  Same bundle , 2 separate coupons one giving me 50% off the bundle cause I own 5 to 6 items in it and the other coupon giving me 60% off because I own 6 to 7 items in the bundle.  I tested it in my cart and it only applies the 60% off coupon, technically it should apply both coupons as I was given both coupons, it doesn't say you can only use one...

This discussion has been closed.