"There's Always Another Sale™" Sales thread: Report Issues Here

Comments

• Kharma said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Kharma said:

I have 2 new releases in cart ( Ye old library and add on props)  when I add 2  best seller items ( australia bundle and 101 expressions) I get the discount of extra 30% on best seller items but not the additional 10% on the new realeases.  Anyone else having this problem?

What is in your cart?

I highlighted what I had said was in my cart, but now the expressions are priced at 13.97 and earlier they were 4.39 on the page which is why I put them in my cart as a cheap second item,  I was only trying to see if it would be beneficial to purchase the Old Library +  props now along with the Australia Bundle ( which is really  the only thing I wanted  at the moment)  or just leave it all on wishlist until a better discount individually.  Now I am just leaving on the wishlist , too tiresome to figure out how deals work all the time.  I have severely limited what I am purchasing these days due to trying to figure out what works what doesn't, shouldn't have to screen shot and post whats in my cart all the time to take advantage of these sales.  Hopefully by the time March Madness rolls out, the sales will be more understandable for me.

Sorry, I had forgotten you'd listed your items by the time I got back from my test cart. The Library adn Add-ons take an extra 10% off themselves when in the cart for me, so I would have not bee able to suggest much bar making sure you really are logged in (not sure if halfg-and-half iss till an occasional issue).

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Richard Haseltine said:

Kharma said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Kharma said:

I have 2 new releases in cart ( Ye old library and add on props)  when I add 2  best seller items ( australia bundle and 101 expressions) I get the discount of extra 30% on best seller items but not the additional 10% on the new realeases.  Anyone else having this problem?

What is in your cart?

I highlighted what I had said was in my cart, but now the expressions are priced at 13.97 and earlier they were 4.39 on the page which is why I put them in my cart as a cheap second item,  I was only trying to see if it would be beneficial to purchase the Old Library +  props now along with the Australia Bundle ( which is really  the only thing I wanted  at the moment)  or just leave it all on wishlist until a better discount individually.  Now I am just leaving on the wishlist , too tiresome to figure out how deals work all the time.  I have severely limited what I am purchasing these days due to trying to figure out what works what doesn't, shouldn't have to screen shot and post whats in my cart all the time to take advantage of these sales.  Hopefully by the time March Madness rolls out, the sales will be more understandable for me.

Sorry, I had forgotten you'd listed your items by the time I got back from my test cart. The Library adn Add-ons take an extra 10% off themselves when in the cart for me, so I would have not bee able to suggest much bar making sure you really are logged in (not sure if halfg-and-half iss till an occasional issue).

Well aparentlly the store randomly  decided to log me out( which was never happening to  me  when others were  having those issues )so the Expressions are now shoing proper at 4.89 , but now I've decided just Australia bundle is best deal but I will still wait for a better price on it when I don't have to purchase so many other things I don't need or want ...

• This a genuine offer or not? I have all the required items in my cart and i'm still only getting 60% off.

Seriously, someone tell me which item unlocks the 80% off because i think i've tried every item in the Battle & Combat new release section and it is still only 60%

Offer below;

'Battle & Combat' New Releases

Buy any ‘Battle & Combat’ New Release to get 80% OFF* Select Daz Original Combat and Poses Items
    If you purchase, or have purchased, any 'Battle & Combat' New Release
    get a Select Pose Pack for FREE*

• Only Daz Original products get the 80% off, @Ewoodward3. PA items only get the 60% off.
  • So they have a "link to these sellect items" and most of the items in the linked to sellection are not elegable for the discount, that isn't shady at all...

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,736
    edited February 2021

Thousands of Premier Artist Items

Buy any Enchanted New Releases to get an EXTRA 50% OFF*
    Select Premier Artist Items.
    OR use Coupon code "STAYIN-A-FIVE" for an EXTRA 55% 0FF*
    up to 5 Items
    (Useable 3x per customer. Higher discount replaces the 50%)

* Items must be in cart simultaneously for discount to apply. Discount valid for intended recipients only.

Orange Banner says "OR," but STAYIN-A-FIVE code is invalid with 3 items taken from this page in cart.

Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 11.20.51 PM.png
    1338 x 648 - 230K
    Post edited by xyer0 on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,728
    edited February 2021

It's hardly AN EXTRA 50% OFF if none of them are currently reduced. That's just plain 50% OFF, and no more than the usual deal recently (okay, 55% once the code works, but hardly spectacular)

Edit: Okay, there are two groups of selections, one has items that are currently reduced, but none of them are in my wishlist; the other set has items in my wishlist, but 50/55% isn't enough for me to jump on them right now. So, unless there's something interesting in today's PC+ items, my money gets to live another day yet again.

Post edited by Nath on
  • xyer0 said:

up to 5 Items

* Items must be in cart simultaneously for discount to apply. Discount valid for intended recipients only.

Orange Banner says "OR," but STAYIN-A-FIVE code is invalid with 3 items taken from this page in cart.

I will let you guys know, but some things are being worked on and I can't test your cart yet.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited February 2021

xyer0 said:

up to 5 Items

So you do need at least one new enchanted item to qualify to use the coupon.

Edit: the "or" pertains to the type of discount you get when you buy the new enchanted item, not a deal on its own.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,441

Can anyone else see the new PC items?  For some reason they haven't shown up yet for me.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,985
    edited February 2021

Cris Palomino said:

xyer0 said:

up to 5 Items

So you do need at least one new enchanted item to qualify to use the coupon.

Edit: the "or" pertains to the type of discount you get when you buy the new enchanted item, not a deal on its own.

In that case it should of been made clearer that the code only works if you have an enchanted item in the cart..

Because as it stands with the wording, it is not exactly clear that to use the code, you need an enchanted item in the cart for it to work..

"Thousands of Premier Artist Items

Buy any Enchanted New Releases to get an EXTRA 50% OFF*

OR use Coupon code "STAYIN-A-FIVE" for an EXTRA 55% 0FF*
    up to 5 Items

* Items must be in cart simultaneously for discount to apply. Discount valid for intended recipients only."

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
    edited February 2021

And if you use Coupon code "STAYIN-A-FIVE" you get an ADDITIONAL 5% 0FF*
    up to 5 Items

My suggestion for ad copy edit so that it reflects the actual sales terms.

Post edited by xyer0 on

xyer0 said:

up to 5 Items

I wish that they had used this wording as it is so much more easier to understand, than what is in the banner now..

• Ghosty12 said:

xyer0 said:

up to 5 Items

I wish that they had used this wording as it is so much more easier to understand, than what is in the banner now..

Yes, but that wording is not confusing enough. It's not as if it is the first confusing promo that keeps the forum admins busy to clarify the confusion (kudos for their work).

• Faeofthe3rdDimension said:

Can anyone else see the new PC items?  For some reason they haven't shown up yet for me.

Should be good now.

• Can't help it but none of the recent promotions do really cut it for me. Too complicated or underwhelming like todays "extra" 50/55% which is far from extra without base discount. But I am not complaining. Gives my wallet a much deserved rest apart from the one or other PC+ item which comes along. So we can continue like this until March Madness or some other bigger sales. Wishlist does grow along the way but I can mainly focus on trying out and using the stuff I already purchased. And cleaning up meta data and folder structure along the way.

edited February 2021

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Ghosty12 said:

xyer0 said:

up to 5 Items

Yes, but that wording is not confusing enough. It's not as if it is the first confusing promo that keeps the forum admins busy to clarify the confusion (kudos for their work).

That is true, I have seen a few promos where the conditions are about as clear as mud..

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • Only a few ?

• Alias52Alias52 Posts: 285

I am very grateful to Daz this month. Thanks to no start of the month Giftcard promotions and some unusual offers, I have been able to get my buying habit under control. Normally, it would be gift card at pay day, spend it too quickly and be tempted later with more things. Can't quite break the habit yet, but it's a good start...

• No manual/DIM download available for Arcane Enchantress Appurtenances for Genesis 8 Female.

• Why does today's sale description say "Get an EXTRA 50% OFF* when you buy..." when there isn't a single item in either category, out of either the 9,000 items or the 13,000 items, that is already discounted by any percentage at all. Every single item in those categories is currently at full price. It's not an "extra" 50%, it's just 50% off.

I know it's a minor issue of word choice, but I specifically look for sales or coupons that give an "extra %" off on top of a sale price, because that's when the final discount can actually get interesting. If I didn't have the Daz Deals browser plugin to sort by % off and realize immediately that this was a poor choice of words, I would have been browsing through 100 pages of products to find the ones that are already on sale to see if an "extra 50%" is worth it.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083

thoreandan said:

Why does today's sale description say "Get an EXTRA 50% OFF* when you buy..." when there isn't a single item in either category, out of either the 9,000 items or the 13,000 items, that is already discounted by any percentage at all. Every single item in those categories is currently at full price. It's not an "extra" 50%, it's just 50% off.

For PC+ members, every single Daz Original item is 30% off by default, without any other sale going on. Add the extra 50% over this already discounted price.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Can't sort by artist on this sale  page. Menu won't open/drop down at all. 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,409

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Can't help it but none of the recent promotions do really cut it for me. Too complicated or underwhelming like todays "extra" 50/55% which is far from extra without base discount. But I am not complaining. Gives my wallet a much deserved rest apart from the one or other PC+ item which comes along. So we can continue like this until March Madness or some other bigger sales. Wishlist does grow along the way but I can mainly focus on trying out and using the stuff I already purchased. And cleaning up meta data and folder structure along the way.

'Underwhelmed' is exactly right, I wish we would stop having this overabundance (is that even a word?) of uninteresting 50/55% sales literally every day and instead go back to having real good ones every once in a while. Especially if almost all the promos now are tied to buying from a limited list of new items none of which appeal even remotely to me. Sorry, I don't really mean to rant, I'm just getting frustrated ... Maybe other people are actually quite happy with the new marketing ways, and then so be it. Will just have to wait a little longer than usual for the good sales I guess.

On the other side, I did notice that all the flash sales have time stamps now and that a few coupons can be used more than once. These are very good developments I think!

• tsroemi said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Can't help it but none of the recent promotions do really cut it for me. Too complicated or underwhelming like todays "extra" 50/55% which is far from extra without base discount. But I am not complaining. Gives my wallet a much deserved rest apart from the one or other PC+ item which comes along. So we can continue like this until March Madness or some other bigger sales. Wishlist does grow along the way but I can mainly focus on trying out and using the stuff I already purchased. And cleaning up meta data and folder structure along the way.

'Underwhelmed' is exactly right, I wish we would stop having this overabundance (is that even a word?) of uninteresting 50/55% sales literally every day and instead go back to having real good ones every once in a while. Especially if almost all the promos now are tied to buying from a limited list of new items none of which appeal even remotely to me. Sorry, I don't really mean to rant, I'm just getting frustrated ... Maybe other people are actually quite happy with the new marketing ways, and then so be it. Will just have to wait a little longer than usual for the good sales I guess.

On the other side, I did notice that all the flash sales have time stamps now and that a few coupons can be used more than once. These are very good developments I think!

Same here. I may have bought more the last week or two, but the offers where not really good, compared to last year. An extremely limitted set of items triggering a rather uninteresting discount, or an oberpriced bundle doing the same. Then that very "unusual" offer of an "extra" discount today. which basically ended up in another 50/55 % one. Well, yes, it is an "extra" discount, if the base discount is zero, but the general expectations would have been some discount to start with.

Guess what I have spent on that "sale"... yes, exactly zero. I went with the PC+ stuff today. I really do hope to get some really interesting offers sson. DAZ can do it, they have had quite some nice offers during PC+ and Holiday sale.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,024
    edited February 2021

This is not working.  Does not matter if one item or two are included in with the chosen 5. The coupon is invalid. Doesn't matter that it could be used 3 times if it doesn't even work once. well, it might work it might not. I'm giving up on this nonsense.

There are TWO locations for what's on sale about 50% off which are associated with buying the new bundle, etc. One is for DO ... and this coupon does not work with those. The other location is for PA products which are not on sale at all to begin with. Right. So this is not happening.

Screenshot_2021-02-10 Daz 3D 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D(1).png
    1383 x 354 - 365K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

tsroemi said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Same here. I may have bought more the last week or two, but the offers where not really good, compared to last year. An extremely limitted set of items triggering a rather uninteresting discount, or an oberpriced bundle doing the same. Then that very "unusual" offer of an "extra" discount today. which basically ended up in another 50/55 % one. Well, yes, it is an "extra" discount, if the base discount is zero, but the general expectations would have been some discount to start with.

Guess what I have spent on that "sale"... yes, exactly zero. I went with the PC+ stuff today. I really do hope to get some really interesting offers sson. DAZ can do it, they have had quite some nice offers during PC+ and Holiday sale.

I thought it was me. I figured I'd reached saturation since my wishlist was down to single digit. But I found some things I'd missed in some recent sales lists, although the sale didn't work like the ad copy purported it to (as also happened today; it's like the same deja vu all over again groundhog day). 

• Novica said:

Can't sort by artist on this sale  page. Menu won't open/drop down at all. 

At the moment, I can't sort by artist on any page, even the store front page.

Genre, Figure, and Software dropdowns all work normally, so it's not my browser.

• Ati said:

thoreandan said:

Why does today's sale description say "Get an EXTRA 50% OFF* when you buy..." when there isn't a single item in either category, out of either the 9,000 items or the 13,000 items, that is already discounted by any percentage at all. Every single item in those categories is currently at full price. It's not an "extra" 50%, it's just 50% off.

For PC+ members, every single Daz Original item is 30% off by default, without any other sale going on. Add the extra 50% over this already discounted price.

But PC+ members have their own discount identified underneath, an extra 55%. That wording makes sense. The "extra 50%" only applies to non-members, so the default PC+ discount is not applicable.

Also, only one of the two categories is Daz Originals, the other category where this wording is used is premier artist products, so in that case the word "extra" is wrong for both non-members and members. 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited February 2021

tsroemi said:

'Underwhelmed' is exactly right, I wish we would stop having this overabundance (is that even a word?) of uninteresting 50/55% sales literally every day and instead go back to having real good ones every once in a while.

Let's put it this way- I would rather get 30% or 40% off something I can use and really want, than have to spend $30 or more (MORE being the reality of these sales) to get the thing I want down 50 to 55%. And what I have to spend doesn't make up that $30 for items which aren't important to me. I'd never done that (buy at only 30-40% off) in the nine years of shopping here, but I've done it several times the past couple weeks. As a buyer I'm finding Daz thinks I will invest more money than in the past to get a product I want,  with these promotions. Ain't happening. Didn't buy a thing today.

And I'm actually saving money by getting only what I want. I'm spending much less.

Post edited by Novica on
This discussion has been closed.