!! Store Issues - Known Problems - Please Read !!

Comments

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390
    edited January 2021

also another issue is which it's seens which "not all new products over 1$ are giving a discount:

this is a new product

https://www.daz3d.com/vintage-caravan-props

and the discount is not  being applied the products were supposed to go down to 10 each but they still at 15.(the current promo price), also this promo can break some products were the "price is already at 10 without any discount like many poses or textures, it also messing around with some "licenses prices were the product license price is 10 or 5, it making they license prices rise from the original in some cases, this promo must be looked better it's can be really messing.

here a exactly exemple of the issue:

the original price is 10 but the "sales rised it to 15 then instead of a discount it was a "increase".

Post edited by Ellessarr on
  • Whoa! Just received an email from the company. Apparently, FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, they have taken back products people "bought" in good faith because apparently the store software made a boo-boo. {I honestly did not know this was a boo-boo, they were giving away a product for so many days you know}. But Rawart's products were apparently not meant to be free. So okay, now we have to buy the one free ones in order to keep them but golly.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Taken back? From where?

• Sven Dullah said:

Taken back? From where?

I would assume the orders were cancelled.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Sven Dullah said:

Taken back? From where?

I would assume the orders were cancelled.

No the order was not cancelled. The order says "removed" but there is another item on that order and so far, it is still in my Product Library :-)

They simply 'removed' the RawArt product from My Products Library. I had to buy it again if I wanted it back. [so yeah I did but geez]

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,249

So, over two months after the Change, there are still some significant shortcomings on the site.

-There is no hint, for any product, of any add-ons that might be available. They don't always share a name.

-Product prerequisites are often missing, especially for older products before Genesis. Yes, they are old, but still for sale, no?

-Software compatibility is hit or miss for many older products. Virtually anything before Genesis is only compatible with Poser (obviously not true), and some of the new bridges. Even some Genesis products are not showing as compatible with DAZ Studio. There are indeed some products that are, say, Poser only, but now I don't trust the information provided if it only lists Poser and not DAZ Studio. Those products typically used to list Poser, DAZ Studio and maybe DAZ Studio [current version]. I can recall certain products and vendors from memory only because I have seen them a thousand times and know that they are not for Studio.

-More of a peeve than a real problem, the main promo image on the product page is sometimes the small thumbnail-sized file blown up to fit the space. If not there, it is usually next in line in the remaining promo images, which is pretty pointless. The small thumbnail images were never seen outside of DIM and the Product list in Studio. Granted, there was a desire for larger thumbnails where appropriate, which is a good thing, but keep them apart, like before.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322
    edited January 2021

Catherine3678ab said:

Whoa! Just received an email from the company. Apparently, FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, they have taken back products people "bought" in good faith because apparently the store software made a boo-boo. {I honestly did not know this was a boo-boo, they were giving away a product for so many days you know}. But Rawart's products were apparently not meant to be free. So okay, now we have to buy the one free ones in order to keep them but golly.

This is very disturbing. Always before DAZ has had a policy of honoring their errors. Apparently this is no longer the case and glitches will not be honored. I hope DAZ will address this apparent change in policy.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Charlie Judge said:

Catherine3678ab said:

Whoa! Just received an email from the company. Apparently, FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, they have taken back products people "bought" in good faith because apparently the store software made a boo-boo. {I honestly did not know this was a boo-boo, they were giving away a product for so many days you know}. But Rawart's products were apparently not meant to be free. So okay, now we have to buy the one free ones in order to keep them but golly.

This is very disturbing. Always before DAZ has had a policy of honoring their errors. Apparently this is no longer the case and glitches will not be honored. I hope DAZ will address this apparent change in policy.

Well, in this case, the error caused items to be completely free, while the promo for Rawart's sale showed a discount of 50%.  Daz may or may not decide to explain themselves, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited January 2021

I'm glad Daz cancelled all those orders. Daz doesn't owe an explanation, that was SO clearly a fiasco on the webpage. This wasn't a "glitch" like we normally see, this was a serious flaw in the purchasing system,  which vendors should have confidence in. That said,  I do agree they should publicize this change in policy, if it is indeed the new way of doing business.

This happened to some extent last year (or the year before?) With Raw Art's store, and they were very gracious about it. They shouldn't have to deal with this year after year. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • Novica said:

I'm glad Daz cancelled all those orders. Daz doesn't owe an explanation, that was SO clearly a glitch. 

This happened to some extent last year (or the year before?) With Raw Art's store, and they were very gracious about it. They shouldn't have to deal with this year after year. 

Novica, they did not 'cancel' the orders. They 'removed' items and maybe you think things are so clearly a glitch ... golly, how many items were triggering sales and discounts stacking and/or not stacking. Not everybody plays with calculators before making purchases. If you like the bottom line, you make the purchase. Up until now, Daz3D.com has always honoured their sales. Now they are not. The only other time I've seen things go to 'zero' in the cart - they never passed by the purchasing procedures at  zero. Now if prices are going to change between cart and charges to the method of payment, the action is supposed to be stopped there.

Maybe you don't mind products being "removed" from your account, but most of us [I would believe], do.

• Charlie Judge said:

Catherine3678ab said:

I agree. And while this one was "the first" sign of apparent new policies, where does it stop? How many times have sales combined when maybe they weren't supposed to. OR maybe they were supposed to and did not. So are we to then be expecting surprize charges to our methods of payment? Or a bunch more products being removed? Speaking of which, some people are already missing a few, some, and many products from their Product Libraries - and this is somekind of a glitch they allegedly cannot reproduce and therefore are having issues fixing. When the store software first took over, all of our products were there. Then things started happening. error 500s. I've been very patient I think with a lot of nonsense but am concerned. Was the website attacked? Like, what's going on. 

• Sevrin said:

Charlie Judge said:

Catherine3678ab said:

Well, in this case, the error caused items to be completely free, while the promo for Rawart's sale showed a discount of 50%.  Daz may or may not decide to explain themselves, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

This happened about the time of the store pages changing. RawArt's store was at 50% yes, buying a new item triggered sale prices for PRO bundle(s) but all the flash sale banners had not yet been updated. I took a quick look at the time - wouldn't be the first time I missed a banner sale, you know the kind, buy this get that free. As the zero price trigger only worked on one item once, it was acting like a flash banner sale.

• Hi, I sent a ticket for the problem that I have been experiencing for some time. Although I am logged into the site, when I decide to add a product to my wish list, the site tells me that I am not logged in ... a infinite loop. I can't add anything to the wish list ...

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322

Catherine3678ab said:

Sevrin said:

Charlie Judge said:

Catherine3678ab said:

This happened about the time of the store pages changing. RawArt's store was at 50% yes, buying a new item triggered sale prices for PRO bundle(s) but all the flash sale banners had not yet been updated. I took a quick look at the time - wouldn't be the first time I missed a banner sale, you know the kind, buy this get that free. As the zero price trigger only worked on one item once, it was acting like a flash banner sale.

Since I didn't get any "free" RawArt items I have no basis for filing a ticket. However, if DAZ had removed such items from my account, I definitely would file a ticket pointing out that this seems to be a change of policy and requesting they clarify exactly what the policy will be in the future.  This has happened before where items were either free or at an extremely low price and DAZ honored the purchases and compensated the PA  For example IIRC this happened to Midnight Stories sometime ago and the items were not "recalled".

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,013
    edited January 2021

...edited...

Charlie Judge said:

Since I didn't get any "free" RawArt items I have no basis for filing a ticket. However, if DAZ had removed such items from my account, I definitely would file a ticket pointing out that this seems to be a change of policy and requesting they clarify exactly what the policy will be in the future.  This has happened before where items were either free or at an extremely low price and DAZ honored the purchases and compensated the PA  For example IIRC this happened to Midnight Stories sometime ago and the items were not "recalled".

That's an idea. I'll think about it.

think I chopped up the quotes wrong, anyhow, okay I did that. Ticket was sent in.

For those that didn't the letter, it went like this:

During a sales error, the Daz store wasn’t able to charge certain customers for select RawArt products they intended to buy. Daz has taken back those products that the store mistakenly gave customers for free, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

We’re currently offering a discount of 50% OFF those items that you were interested in until January 17! Please repurchase any of the items you wish before then to receive that discount.

We thank you for continued support.
    Sincerely,
    Daz 3D

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Many years ago I owned a furry [husky type] dog, big dog. WHITE fur. Bought a RED winter jacket. Bought a lot of stuff that day ... 2 customers spending well over $1000 in the shop. They were fussing over their new cash register. Watching them I wasn't sure so I asked, did they charge me for the red jacket. Oh yes they assured me. Okay, fine. So we went on home and unpacked everything. White dog liked Red coat. :-)

Next day I got a phone call from the store telling me I had to return and pay for the coat. I repeated what they had told me and well no, her boss had gone over the sales again at the end of the day and no she had not charged me for the coat so they wanted me to come back in and pay for the coat. Cute. I called the appropriate fellas with regards to the laws around here ... and was told that yes they had the right to ask what they were asking however I had the option to either pay for the coat OR return the coat. So I returned the coat. They saw me coming and said oh no I didn't have to return the coat. I said yes I do because I'm not giving them anymore money. They were quite surprized.

• I'm told that this is not a change in policy. First I've heard of it though. Oh well ... moving on.

• Well so much for the thought that a gift card could have been the issue, yesterday I placed an order, with no gift card, and did not get a confirmation email again.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557

Daz Studio installer (exe) open a dead link at the end.

Oops page for https://www.daz3d.com/products/ds4_thankyou

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited January 2021

As you can tell by my posting via an alternative account, the forum is kicking out more and more accounts. Wild guess it has something to do with the signing in procedures. Not signed in, one can see the forums, as it signs one in - it kicks them out and goes to an oops page.

Post edited by patience55 on
  • Just to let you know, the cart is acting up again with the amazon method of payment and a gift card. :(  that bug seems hard to kill. 

• here is the message I get when trying to check out:

We're sorry

The payment method that you chose isn't available for this purchase. Please choose another.

Integration error summary

400 Bad Request
    The domain on which you are using the JavaScript SDK has not been whitelisted for your application. Please add your website domain in the 'Allowed JavaScript Origins' section under 'Web Settings' on the Amazon Seller Central App Console for Login with Amazon.

Error Summary

origin_uri=https://hpcl.daz3d.com/checkout/review
    language=
    requested_scopes=["payments:widget", "payments:shipping_address"]
    client_id=amzn1.application-oa2-client.dc00aed0c3b446b9bda15644d941da30
    merchant_id=A2DM5XR46YU0FQ

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Catherine3678ab said:

barbult said:

Lost_Utopian said:

Maybe this will help the powers that be, but in checking closer, it seems (so far) when I have a Gift Card in the order is the only time it fails to send emil confirmation. 

That is exactly my experience, too. The only order email I missed during the holiday sale was the one where I bought a gift card. 

That's why it is SO nice that now the gift card numbers are on the Completed Order pages :-)

This is my experience as well.

• Abstract Soul said:

here is the message I get when trying to check out:

We're sorry

The payment method that you chose isn't available for this purchase. Please choose another.

400 Bad Request
    The domain on which you are using the JavaScript SDK has not been whitelisted for your application. Please add your website domain in the 'Allowed JavaScript Origins' section under 'Web Settings' on the Amazon Seller Central App Console for Login with Amazon.

Error Summary

language=

Is that an issue with any script-blocking/anti-adware on your browser, perhaps?

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

NorthOf45 said:

So, over two months after the Change, there are still some significant shortcomings on the site.

-There is no hint, for any product, of any add-ons that might be available. They don't always share a name.

-Product prerequisites are often missing, especially for older products before Genesis. Yes, they are old, but still for sale, no?

-Software compatibility is hit or miss for many older products. Virtually anything before Genesis is only compatible with Poser (obviously not true), and some of the new bridges. Even some Genesis products are not showing as compatible with DAZ Studio. There are indeed some products that are, say, Poser only, but now I don't trust the information provided if it only lists Poser and not DAZ Studio. Those products typically used to list Poser, DAZ Studio and maybe DAZ Studio [current version]. I can recall certain products and vendors from memory only because I have seen them a thousand times and know that they are not for Studio.

-More of a peeve than a real problem, the main promo image on the product page is sometimes the small thumbnail-sized file blown up to fit the space. If not there, it is usually next in line in the remaining promo images, which is pretty pointless. The small thumbnail images were never seen outside of DIM and the Product list in Studio. Granted, there was a desire for larger thumbnails where appropriate, which is a good thing, but keep them apart, like before.

And search function is still useless. 

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited January 2021

What is going on with Daz Studio and store , so many things broken in different ways for different users.  Luckily I haven't had too many problems except things like broken store search and products not showing in DIM for download, and of course those terrible huge icons in DIM now that keep flashing up and covering my screen when I am trying to click on stuff to install.  Now today for the first time in years my password is gone from DIM, good thing I remember what it is and it still worked ....  but still so frustrating that errors keep happening one day that didn't happen the day before.  Hope DAZ gets it all figured out real time soon, not DAZ SOON

Edit :  need to add,  I know some things get put on back burner as not necessary as immediate fix compared to other problems, but if it is a problem for any customer then it is important as any other situation that doesn't work for another user

Post edited by Kharma on
  • DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817

Abstract Soul said:

We're sorry

400 Bad Request

Error Summary

language=

Make sure you are going to https://www.daz3d.com

• Abstract SoulAbstract Soul Posts: 159
    edited January 2021

DAZ_Rawb said:

Abstract Soul said:

We're sorry

400 Bad Request

Error Summary

language=

Make sure you are going to https://www.daz3d.com

thanks for your response, Im pretty sure its daz3d.com yes :) 

I found that I have a duplicated order on my account with negative amount of money (same order was paid with store credit then duplicated by the store one minute later) which maybe explains why I cant purchase anything. submitted a ticket about it so fingers crossed it gets resolved soon. :)

Mod Edit :-  To sort out quote 

Post edited by I-am-Cho on
  • BTW,   probably a stupid comment,   but I noticed that you mentioned Gift Card.   Was this an Amazon gift card by chance?   You cannot use Amazon Gift Card as Amazon Money on other sitres. They can only be used on Amazon.

• barbult said:

Lost_Utopian said:

Maybe this will help the powers that be, but in checking closer, it seems (so far) when I have a Gift Card in the order is the only time it fails to send emil confirmation. 

That is exactly my experience, too. The only order email I missed during the holiday sale was the one where I bought a gift card. 

I'm still not getting any email conformations at all. Mind you, I haven't been buying very much given how flakey the system is acting, doesn't exactly inspire trust.

This discussion has been closed.