NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 5

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 2014

It was in the rotating banners- but looks like it was removed.

Okay, Novica:

Invited Guest Contributor
    Here is Reptilian HD applied to G2 Male. Body is 100% Reptilian. As I said, I don't care for the head, so I left it at G2 Male with a few tweaks.

The skin is the brown skin from the expansion:

Textures for Reptilian HD Sarsa, Daz Originals
    http://www.daz3d.com/textures-for-reptilian-6-hd

My impression is quite favorable of Reptilian HD- At least as far as the body goes. It is a plausible alien/reptilian, and even feline shape with the right textures. The hands are bigger, so you are going to have to work to get the weapons and other held objects to fit right. Enlarging them works well- but watch out for the claws and long fingers.

Tail morphs look realistic and so does the tail. You're going to have to photoshop the area where the tail protrudes from the garment to get a plausible tail hole if there isn't a good-sized one already.

Overall, I love the textures and body. Great job, and quite useful. Hats off to Sarsa for making a nice expansion texture set.

Other Content Used:

Feather Male Hair: (DAZ Originals, Goldtassel) http://www.daz3d.com/feather-male-hair-1
    Percy for Genesis (blades):DAZ Originals Lesthat Val3dart
    http://www.daz3d.com/percy-for-genesis
    Minos Outfit for Gen 2 Males:DAZ Originals Sarsa Mada
    http://www.daz3d.com/minos-outfit-for-genesis-2-male-s

I also used 3 or 4 pieces of small jewelry from different sets to give the Reptilian some bling.

reptilian-6-.jpg
    800 x 914 - 404K
    reptilian-6-Novia-1.jpg
    800 x 914 - 402K
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Wow, yours makes it very plausible to own. People reptiles that look human. GREAT render!!!!

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

I agree. Rep 6 makes a great humanoid. :)

edited December 1969

Pop over to SereneNights thread and look at the rest of the reptile renders. But start here- I love the lighting on this person she did-
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/41025/P165/#726929 'coz this dude should be promo art on the main page. LOVE the lighting!!!

edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/49698/

Okay, this is bugging me. Wancow does SO much for people on the threads and provides freebies- and he had another surgery (he has pancreatic cancer and there was an intestinal blockage now) so we need to get on the ball and make some Christmas cards for his thread. Although the thread said to use his products if you have them, people are posting any type of products. Can we get some more cards for the thread? I'm starting to work on mine now. Thanks! (and bless you!)

edited December 1969

Toon Snow Scene (Predatron / Diane)
    Siblings Jaina and Jessi (FWArt / Sabby / Fisty)
    Day At The Mall (DAZ3D / Nikisatez)
    Flirty Hair For Genesis 2 Female(s) (DAZ3D / Goldtassel)
    Send A Message Letters (Virtual World)

http://www.daz3d.com/toon-snow-scene
    http://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-siblings-jaina-and-jessi
    http://www.daz3d.com/day-at-the-mall-for-genesis-2-female-s
    http://www.daz3d.com/flirty-hair-for-genesis-2-females
    http://www.daz3d.com/send-a-message-letters

If you didn't pick this up in Fast Grab, you missed great snow planes and lights. (I'm not using those in this, when I added a spotlight it bumped out the default.) The planes are cool, you move them around independently. Quote:

"Included are two Poser IBL light sets, one for day and one for night. Also included is a set of weather planes which can be used to simulate snowfall. There are three planes which can all move independently or be hidden to lessen the effect. The weather planes come with three texture options, snow, snow with a gradual fade and light snow. The sky dome also has three textures, clear sky, overcast and nighttime."

wancowChristmas2014B.jpg
    1505 x 882 - 977K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited December 2014

Merry Christmas from Florida.

Santa_on_the_Beach.png
    2000 x 1600 - 4M
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited December 1969

LOL- Rudolph must be back there frolicking in the surf and the other reindeer have picked up some action at the beach cabana bars. :)

A reminder- if you haven't used your PC coupons remember the end of the month is near. I did get 5 punches so I went to the PA stores that were 40% off, got another 20%, then got my $6 off PA discount (works on things that aren't new releases, remember?) So got some nice deals. (about 58-60% off.)

edited December 1969

So of course NOW they offer 25% off a $50 order.
    Anyway, nice to see a Morris G2M character. Going to get him.

Been rendering a closeup of Jessi all night to show the hair from the previous render. It's still not done yet and I'm going to go get some sleep so I'll be up to spend Christmas morning with relatives.

Happy shopping- you can combine your PC coupon with the punches with the PA store discounts AND the 25% off and do even better than yesterday. :)

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Merry Christmas to you, Novica, and to all the gang here. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

I like the look of the Hipster Librarian outfit today, one for the wishlist. I hope you enjoy your new guy, nice work there by Morris.

OK, I'm going to have a few hours away from the computer, have a good one everyone.

edited December 1969

You too!
    I put in a request to get 25% off my order from yesterday as they are supposed to match a lower price within 30 days and my order was over $50. All the stores are still featured, and I didn't have any punchables involved.

With the extra 25% off, it might be worth it to get to 5 punches if you're close-
    You can really clean up on the featured PC stores (I went with Alessandro's stuff) that are already 30% off. If you have 5 punches there's that extra 20%, then if you get over $50 of stuff, it really drops with the additional 25%... THAT INCLUDES NEW RELEASES. I'm experimenting- Look at these prices- (and you can take off $6 more with your PC code)

Killian (new) is now $5.86 / 15.95

Then Alessandros:
    Log Cabin $6.46 / 17.95
    Winterland $8.98 / 24.95
    Caribou $5.39 /14.95
    Skunk $4.29 / 11.95

Then tested by adding:
    Diana and Jones Outfit $15.73 / 29.95 (so got it down to about 50% off)

This batch would be 115.70 minus 68.97 for a total of 46.73. (6 things so average less than $8 a piece)

Hmm, and the Reptilian Bundle goes from 79.95 to 39.18 at 51% to 26.45 (The Reptilian is $13.22 if you don't need poses but if you get only one outfit (Tribal Warrior) that's $8.25 so already over $21- makes sense to get the bundle.)

Still testing- Jena Hair goes to $8.95, the Textures for Reptilian go to $6.60 (from 19.95, currently $9.78

Anyone who has 10 or 15 punches is going to be really doing well with that extra 25% off. :) This is only with 5.

edited December 1969

Oh wow. 25% off. WOW. . Killian looks good will buy him ala carte with the outfit. Don't need the female character or her outfit or the urban scene so will pass on those. =-)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139
    edited December 2014

First: let me wish a Merry Christmas to everyone!

I decided to get myself a Christmas present today, bought a new GC, then promptly spent all of it - but DAZ really helped with that 25% off sale, 40% PA sales combined with a V4/M4 80% sale that still had a few items I'd not got last time round - I've taken the plunge on Reptilian 6 and Minotaur 6 as a result, yet still managed an average of 73% off the full store price over the entire cart! Merry Christmas indeed.
    ETA: Of course a lot of the cart was already 51% off as they were new DO's, so 73% overall isn't that impressive really.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

I bought the $50 worth of items first, which brought me up to 15 punches, then bought myself a $100 GC for $85. Merry Christmas to me!
    And a very Merry Christmas to all of you!
    John

edited December 1969

The sales are really nice right now. Especially they M4/v4 sale. I probably won't be able to resist especially in combination with the 25% off.

I just am trying to figure out, it may be better to buy the gift card first, then the items from the sales I want. This way I can save more money.

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/49698/

Okay, this is bugging me. Wancow does SO much for people on the threads and provides freebies- and he had another surgery (he has pancreatic cancer and there was an intestinal blockage now) so we need to get on the ball and make some Christmas cards for his thread. Although the thread said to use his products if you have them, people are posting any type of products. Can we get some more cards for the thread? I'm starting to work on mine now. Thanks! (and bless you!)

Nice card and I agree Wancow deserves some thought. I had a little time so did my first 'for fun' render in ages to add to his thread.

edited December 1969

Thanks, it looked really nice too! I'm sure Wancow will appreciate it when he can see it.

Okay, what I did/am doing before I head out the door- I bought 4 more things as I had six punches and really wanted three of them due to the extra 25% off. That made the difference. So bought those and am now in the 10 punch range, so bought a gift card and got 10% off. Goodbye Christmas money. NOW I'm buying the reptile bundle because I get the 25% off again (doing the orders all over $50) but now 30% those Alessandro products instead of 20%, so with the 10% on the gift card (instead of 5%) and the 30% instead of 20% of the featured stores, it's working out nicely.

edited December 1969

For under $140 (counting the $ I saved on the gift card) I got the Reptilian 6 Bundle, Window Shopping Wonderland, Window Shopping, the Caribou, Winterland, Log Cabin, Skunk (for $3.77), Alligator Snapping Turtle, Giant Anteater, Warthog, Cyra Hair (G2F), Horror Survivors (Maurius), LNA Basic Wear Mallorca Outfit, FW Kenzi, Jena Hair (G2F) and colors, Fun With Yarn Classic Crochet, Nature Bush Hibiscus, Make A Mess, Cara HD for Victoria 6, Classic Deco Eclectic 1 and 2.

Whew. 22 things but actually 26 counting the bundled items. Now headed out the door. What did you folks pick up?

edited December 2014

I picked up these items. Most are M4/V4 I did buy Killian and Amos Outfit for Genesis 2 Males. I like the top on the Amos outfit. Not sure about those pants. 59.85 was the total.

I avoided a lot of m4/v4 figures, even though some great ones by liquid rust were on sale. I just haven't used all the ones I own yet. =-)

All together Pose set
    Amos Outfit for Genesis 2 Males
    Aponi and Matothopa Props (For the cool feather earrings)
    Army general uniform
    Blades of war
    Cat world Jaguar
    Comic Pose Pack 1
    Feather Hawk
    Fight
    Forest Princess Hair
    Killian for M6
    Lancier
    Luna Hair DS
    M180 Walker
    Midnight Prince Hair
    Natural shades for Jai Hair
    Oxford shoes for Michael 5
    Sportiva
    Surveillance Gear
    Tender Moments for M4/V4
    Together Poses Set Attraction
    V4 She-beast
    Wild Dreads
    Wrestling Outfit
    WyldCatz Plus

edited December 2014

You got some neat stuff!
    I noticed they continued the spend $50 get 25% off. I shopped in a hurry when the site changed over, lol- wasn't sure if it was supposed to be doing that or not. Love the sauna released today.

Here was the Jessi and Day At The Mall closeup that I rendered and forgot to post. Ooopsie.
    I'm not thrilled with the Flirty Hair, there wasn't the same level of movement toward the chest/to the neck that I have found in other hair. This was without smoothing, only out of the box/default, and I did a fair amount of postwork in two areas to remove crinkles.

JessiDayMallToonWinterMinaLites2.jpg
    1055 x 1389 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 2014

oh that's too bad about the hair. I picked it up since it looked so nice in the promo art. I don't have much use for hair without movement., but your render looks nice. =-)

• Dumor3DDumor3D Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    You got some neat stuff!
    I noticed they continued the spend $50 get 25% off. I shopped in a hurry when the site changed over, lol- wasn't sure if it was supposed to be doing that or not. Love the sauna released today.

Thank you! :)

edited December 1969

You're welcome but thank you for such a fun product. I love the spaciousness of it. Most of them are much smaller areas. I'm actually contemplating turning it into a spa themed restaurant in my book :)

I also picked up Apollo and the Gnome maker. That will be so much fun!

edited December 1969

Have some fun! Instead of doing it on the thread this year, I expanded it out to the Commons so everyone could participate (as so many don't know about this forum section) Pick your top ten products you have used, bought, or gotten for free from DAZ THIS YEAR. Then you pick one of each for your top character, top clothing, top set/scenery. They can be from your top ten list or not.

Then I started a thread on your favorite render from 2014 that you did. Mine of course was Derek. Have fun! Give it some thought, dive through your product library. You do NOT have to have rendered the product this year, but it does have to be BOUGHT (or a freebie) from this year.

Your Top Ten Products You Have Bought Or Used (or gotten for free from DAZ) and your top Character, top Clothing, top Set/Scenery.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/50535/

Your favorite render of 2014
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/50536/

edited December 1969

Saw a cute ad and was curious. Check out cubify (dotcom) for a 3D printer. It's 3M's little gizmo and 1000.00 Prices are coming down it seems. I think it looks cute, lol. It is called Cube.

edited December 1969

Heads up if you didn't think of this- Instead of 70.00 for annual PC+ membership, it was 52.50 so only $4.38 a month. Deal! You're getting the 25% off due to it being over 70.00. Only about 45 minutes left before the site changes over, don't know if that $50 deal with the discount will still be in effect.

edited December 1969

Everything released before the 30th of July 2014 will remain 1.99.
    That's all I'm finding at the moment. Can't go through 30-50 pages of posts, sorry. Any way to tell the release dates?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Last items for PC 1.99: Release Date: 2014-07-22
    Twilight Night Guard, Shieldmaiden and so on

First NEW PC: Release Date: 2014-07-31
    Viking Hair for Genesis 1 and 2 Female(s)

(I have them commented in my wishlist and looked the release dates up in the product readmes)

edited December 1969

Oops, wrong thread- but thank you so much for the help!!! I'll get that over to Pendraia's thread.
    She and I both went for the yearly PC membership and got the $50.00 get 25% off before it ended at DAZ midnight.

edited December 1969

Shopping.
    Listen, so folks don't miss really cool stuff, as you find things from the sale stores, please post the link and what you found that you really like about it. There's a lot to wade through. I'm all the way down to this store, but I'll go back later for you.

Emma/Jordi store.

Wanted to point out this one- you can hide the tails and have a casual look. Look at the thumbnail promos.
    http://www.daz3d.com/xandria-hair

This one has some cute options for the earrings. Hadn't really noticed before.
    http://www.daz3d.com/ear-cuffs-and-wraps-for-any-figure

Take a look at the promo that shows using other metal shaders. Wow. And as mentioned, there are morphs to tweak the winged ones. VERY versatile.
    http://www.daz3d.com/crown-circlets-for-any-figure

This discussion has been closed.