NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 5

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

WELL.....Okay! There's a surprise for folks who buy the Contemporary Living. I haven't surfed the other threads so it may have been mentioned (we made FOUR TRIPS to the landfill with about 800 pounds of bamboo that we cut yesterday and today. And that was only a couple tree trims, we have 20 more 25-30 foot bamboo trees lining our yard. Love the South.)

Anyway, if it's been mentioned, ignore me. Or maybe you haven't found the threads yet either. But if you're PC+, it will help that you get the $5 off the over $30 mark (will need another item in your cart. Go punchable?) THEN...

You will get a popup banner that you get an additional 20% off Stonemason's store, or buy three things it's additional 30% off Stonemason AND DAZ Originals. New Releases excluded.

BUT ITS ONLY FOR TODAY!!!!! Expires midnight DAZ time.

edited December 1969

And I haven't tested it, but that $5 off may apply again as it's automatic. And it IS repeat use. So you can really clean up as Stonemason's catalog is already on sale!

edited December 1969

Yep, can really clean up if you want Stonemason. There are PC items for $1.99 that will get you easily to 3 purchases, which means 30% off the already 40% discounts, AND go over $30 and you get another $5 off. I got the $46.95 bundle (Village Courtyard) for $16 that has the Courtyard, the Courtyard 2, and the pool.

http://www.daz3d.com/the-village-courtyard-bundle

It's 40% off so $28.17 already, then you can take either 20% off or if buy 3 things (plop some PC items in there that are Stonemasons) you get 30% off. Then over $30 and another $5 off- yes, it worked again. And the Stonemason restriction simply says you can only use one code at a time (either the 20% for one thing, or 30% for 3 things) and doesn't say one time use. So it would behoove you to do two orders over $30 (as that $5 off is a repeat too) if you really want to shop.

Hope this helps. I am going to test the repeating of the code to see if it works. Will not post those codes as you have to buy the Contemporary Living to qualify.

edited December 1969

Okay, the codes ARE re-usable. Here's some examples when you go over $30 AND get 3 of Stonemason's so you get an additional 30% off the already 40%.

Under the Bridge (PC Item) was my 3rd item of Stonemason's.

The current store sale- 29.95 / 17.97 (at only 40%) for Tin Can and for Utopia Cityscape Blocks 32.95 / 19.77( at only 40% off)
    With the $5 off, then with the code for 30% off you'll end up with Tin Can 11.00 and Utopia Cityscape Blocks for $12.09.

Full price those two would be 62.90. (Paid 23.09)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Okay, so out of the "best of 2014" how many do you NOT own?
    I don't own 19 of 27!
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Novica said:
    I don't own 19 of 27!

I don't own 25 of 27! What do I win?

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 2014

Novica said:

I knew my tastes were different than mainstream. I do not own 23 of 27

The only items I own: Bot for genesis 2, AT Drone, Genesis 2 female morphs, and Legacy Male morphs. =-)

Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited December 1969

Novica said:

The only items I own: Bot for genesis 2, AT Drone, Genesis 2 female morphs, and Legacy Male morphs. =-)

Only ones I own are V6 Pro Bundle and Cat World Regenesis.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,026
    edited December 1969

I don't own 8 out of 27. What can I say, I like stuff. :lol:

edited December 1969

Novica said:

Only ones I own are V6 Pro Bundle and Cat World Regenesis.

Lol you trump me there, Mike =)

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Novica said:
    I don't own 19 of 27!

A Congratulations card, you saved a lot of money!

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    barbult said:
    Novica said:
    I don't own 19 of 27!

A Congratulations card, you saved a lot of money!

I keep thinking that, yet I never seem to have budget left over at the end of the month.

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Another 25 out of 27 not owned here. No real surprise when I mostly use Genesis. I do have LAMH and of course those handy G2F morphs.

edited December 1969

Well, I can't say the sales and new releases have tempted me much this December! I have 1 punch. Some interesting things in fast grab though. Does anyone have 'the standing'? It looks versatile. Just not sure how it looks up close, since, There aren't any promo images of that. =-)

edited December 1969

Well, I can't say the sales and new releases have tempted me much this December! I have 1 punch. Some interesting things in fast grab though. Does anyone have 'the standing'? It looks versatile. Just not sure how it looks up close, since, There aren't any promo images of that. =-)

OMLord, I can't even get a link to it. Tried the wonderful DAZ search and got about 100 items. But....
    http://www.daz3d.com/the-standing From Google.

I think looking at the other things by the vendor might help you note the level of detail. Look at this one in particular.
    http://www.daz3d.com/3rd-earth

edited December 1969

I have to say today I'm buying a couple things- I have the sneakers so am getting the brightly colored textures- awesome! And the Mythbell outfit is very family friendly, so I'm supporting that one. Look at the boots- PRACTICAL, not high heels that wouldn't be worn with that type of outfit. Kudos! Grabbing the textures too. So now I have 5 punches. Otherwise, it's been very slow.

http://www.daz3d.com/mythbell-for-genesis-2-female-s

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,164
    edited December 1969

Well I'm missing 12 of the "best of 2014"'s - the three legacy shapes products, Fiends, Animate (I don't), Cat People and Bot Armour (interested but can't justify), Drone, Secret Chamber, Jessica dress and the 2 Stonemason Abandoned City packs (which I'll pick up one day, just not this day...)
    I'm also spitting that I ignored the (frequently stated) good advice to grab something NOW if you want it: I just missed Bellatrix in Fastgrab this afternoon - I went and made a cup of coffee and whoops she was gone. :grrrr:

edited December 2014

MelanieL said:

I'm also spitting that I ignored the (frequently stated) good advice to grab something NOW if you want it: I just missed Bellatrix in Fastgrab this afternoon - I went and made a cup of coffee and whoops she was gone. :grrrr:

Fast Grab seems to suddenly be back to a strict 24 hour schedule... but is changing over at a weird time of day (already early evening for those of us in Europe).

Fingers crossed Bellatrix will appear there again. There were quite a few 2014 releases there earlier and the ironman13 set was good value for money (I didn't grab it, but it was a fantastic product for anyone who does pin-ups or a lot of female portraiture). Gone now though.

We've now got OziChick girls, including one for V6, and a couple of ARTCollaborations products.

Post edited by IndigoJanson on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,026
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    I have to say today I'm buying a couple things- I have the sneakers so am getting the brightly colored textures- awesome! And the Mythbell outfit is very family friendly, so I'm supporting that one. Look at the boots- PRACTICAL, not high heels that wouldn't be worn with that type of outfit. Kudos! Grabbing the textures too. So now I have 5 punches. Otherwise, it's been very slow.

http://www.daz3d.com/mythbell-for-genesis-2-female-s

"Time to go into battle! I'd better put on my high-heeled boots!"...said no one ever. :)
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

“Time to go into battle! I’d better put on my high-heeled boots!”

Except my battle bard and mages? Nah.. I wasn't the only one. And frankly isn't a sexy pair of high heeled thigh boots more logical than something that stops at the ankle and bare feet?

edited December 2014

Well missed out on fast grab this time. It seemed to just change this morning to bellatrix et all. Oh well hoprefully we'll get a male figure released this month? What are the chances? Guessing little:-)

Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited December 1969

I'm still getting used to this "Hide what I own" gimmick. Folks are talking about things and my first instinct is "Why aren't I seeing that?" or "Dang, I missed it" then I remember it's not showing because I own it. Takes some getting used to!

I have noticed the past few nights that the changeover is happening later. Still before 1:30am my time, but it used to be 1:08-1:13 like clockwork. That one night they changed it really early though (1am on the dot) and that's when my cart changed during checkout.

edited December 2014

Flash sales/new sales:

60% off right now:
    http://www.daz3d.com/props#filter_vendor=DAZ

60% off right now:
    http://www.daz3d.com/nightshift3d

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

I didn't see Bellatrix until this morning. Up until then, it was the previous day's stuff. It is probably a cache issue, but I've had trouble seeing new releases as well. So less than 24 hours for me, but oh well. Saving money. =-)

edited December 2014

Dolores For Victoria 4 and Genesis 2 Female(s) (Artemis3d)
    Darcy Outfit For Genesis 2 Female(s) (DAZ 3D / Xena)
    Iggy Hair For Genesis and Genesis 2 Female(s) (DAZ 3D / Goldtassel)
    Summertime Grill (Daz3D / Valandar)
    Nature: Bush Oleander (Andrew Pestryakov)

http://www.daz3d.com/summertime-grill
    http://www.daz3d.com/dolores-for-victoria-4-and-genesis-2-female-s
    http://www.daz3d.com/darcy-outfit-for-genesis-2-female-s
    http://www.daz3d.com/iggy-hair-for-genesis-and-genesis-2-female-s
    http://www.daz3d.com/nature-bush-oleander

"Dolores had a long day at work and the minute she got home she headed outside to light up the grill. Her neighbors had gotten into arguments before, but never like this..."

Was doodling around with point lights, dim spotlights, and distant lights, with the emphasis on distant lights. There are 3 distant lights, 1 spotlight, and 1 linear point light. Note for the Summertime Grill- it's really nice, the coals show up well at night. No lights were added, only Ron's Smoke. I kept it simple with only the grill- it has a lid, utensils, and food.

Iggy Hair is okay, but I didn't find a way to put more hair over the ear. When broken down in Scene, there was only scale and rotate, etc. The other options didn't move the area by the ear. I may have missed it, but I looked. Regardless, to me it's only an okay hair but not one of my favorites.

Want to mention the Dolores character promos might make you think this is one made-up woman, but her options can give you a pretty wholesome look too. I'll render a closeup later with daylight.

Darcy's Outfit is really a nice family friendly dress, and the textures are elegant. Note: Darcy Outfit also has textures, which I didn't use for this. http://www.daz3d.com/darcy-outfit-for-genesis-2-female-s-textures

EDIT: The oleander bush is really nice, highly recommend. The leaf textures are subtle but spot-on- we have a lot here at our home and it is widely distributed throughout the south because of the gorgeous blooms. It comes with flowers, this was shown without.

doloresDarcyOutfitIggyHair.jpg
    995 x 1300 - 208K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

Darn it, forgot to mention Nature Bush Oleander- I added it to the post above, but here it is again.. It has really nice leaf detail (we have Oleanders here at home) This was done without the flowers. I'd definitely wishlist it or recommend it next time you have to find something to hit the $30 mark to get a discount. The leaves are thick, you have a lot of options, and it renders pretty fast.

http://www.daz3d.com/nature-bush-oleander

edited December 1969

Here's a daylight of Dolores. Looks a lot different than the sophisticated, made-up promo.

doloresDarcyOutfitIggyHair2.jpg
    995 x 1300 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Nice renders of Dolores there Novica! She has good brows and I like her looking more natural like this. I'll be putting the Oleander on my wishlist, I like all the recent plant releases so I'm going to have to save up to have a spree.

edited December 1969

I got home a few minutes ago, I'll render the oleander in daylight and with the flowers so everyone can see. :)

edited December 1969

Okay, I asked this in the beta thread for the version 4.7- but according to #9 in the changes, transparency is when no color is selected for the background. I had a green. So why did I get transparent? Anyway, I saved it as a png and here's the oleanders, with and without flowers. Huge render, you can click to enlarge for more detail.

oleander2.png
    1800 x 1300 - 6M
This discussion has been closed.