Sales thread: Report Issues Here. & "There's Always Another Sale™"

L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
edited November 2020 in The Commons

We've run out of room in the previous sales thread, so here's a new one. Hopefully this one will last through the end of the year!
laugh

Previous thread was here

Post edited by L'Adair on

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Ooooh, another thread for sales  which don't work right! What's not to love?  devil

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,001

Gou Luk Bundle is in the "Special Item Category" at 40%. I have three new debut items in the cart, but that bundle isn't getting the advertised "An EXTRA 40% OFF* Special Items". Has that bundle been added to the Special Item Category by mistake?

GouLukBundle.PNG
    1617 x 540 - 1M
    GouLukBundle-02.PNG
    922 x 855 - 163K
  • Hello,

something is broked, I fear...

I have selected the following new debut items:

• Gila Monster Truck
    • Gila Destructive Truck
    • Medical Props

Then I add "Skin Builder 8 for Genesis 8 Female(s)" from the Select Bonus Items...if I understood correctly it should discount to 70%, but there is no discount at all.

Then I add the "Growing Up Bundle for Genesis 8 Female(s) and Male(s)"...if I understood correctly it should add 40% discount, but again no discount at all in the cart.

Then I add "Black Widow HD for Genesis 8 Female", "Medusa Maker for Genesis 8 Female", "Medusa Gorgon for Genesis 8 Female", which should get extra 60% off,
    discount with these three items seem okay.

For me it seems that the "Special Item" and the "Special Bonus Item" don't work at all.

Best regards,

Chris

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745

And there are STILL items included in the Special Items section that aren't discounting at all, like https://www.daz3d.com/aura-for-genesis-8-female and https://www.daz3d.com/monica-hair-for-genesis-8-females , as well as the Feed The People bundle, which shows as FREE but goes to a dead link since it's no longer even in the store.   

Seriously, is there anybody who checks things before the store goes live?   

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514

...link at and of previous thread keeps bringing up this:

error page.jpg
    1485 x 738 - 104K
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,294
    Cybersox said:

And there are STILL items included in the Special Items section that aren't discounting at all, like https://www.daz3d.com/aura-for-genesis-8-female and https://www.daz3d.com/monica-hair-for-genesis-8-females , as well as the Feed The People bundle, which shows as FREE but goes to a dead link since it's no longer even in the store.   

Since it goes live at midnight, then it is highly unlikely any salaried staff will be looking at that time.

• kleinefotomankleinefotoman Posts: 81
    edited October 2020

Since your here, it seems you did find out that the link started wrong with https part.

@Chohole please fix the link.

Post edited by kleinefotoman on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    edited October 2020

And still more changes !  With two debut releases in my cart Character Mixer for Genesis Figures just went from $8 to $19. I wish DAZ would get things right the first time and stop making changes throughout the day. It is a collosal waste of my time to keep making carts and then having to dump them angry

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited October 2020
    Havos said:
    Cybersox said:

Since it goes live at midnight, then it is highly unlikely any salaried staff will be looking at that time.

I wrote "before it goes live", as in actually pretesting the ads to make sure they don't blow up from simple logic errors.  And I'm sorry, but the excuse about no one being at DAZ really doesn't cut it, especially not in these days when a huge percentage of Americans are working from home.  If DAZ insists on starting the new sales at DAZ midnight, and they can't seem to be able to launch a single sale without errors, then they need to have a late shift to cover the inevitable screw ups rather than asking their customers to grin and bear it.  That's just common business sense and there are plenty of IT people who LIKE working the late shifts... and even more who can work remotely from other locations.  Simple fact - Renderosity launches their new sales every single night at midnight Central Time, and they have a tiny fraction of the errors that DAZ does.          

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,694
    edited October 2020

My cart went from around $50 to $111. Getting so fed up! It seems the featured items I had in my cart are no longer in that category. Another day I'm deleting my cart. Sorry PAs, Daz has ruined this sale for you. 

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • Rieke77Rieke77 Posts: 618

Same here - my cart went from $39 to $93. sad

My cart went from around $50 to $111. Getting so fed up! It seems the featured items I had in my cart are no longer in that category. Another day I'm deleting my cart. Sorry PAs, Daz has ruined this sale for you. 

As if this was ever the PA's sale to begin with.  DAZ pretty much turned this into yet another DAZ Original focused sale and only let the PAs have a few days in the spotlight.       

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268

Yep, with all the changes that rais the price I've pretty much lost interest in the PA sale and don't need the gift card I bought yesterday. Wish I could get a refund on it.

• cloth1975 said:

Hello,

• Gila Monster Truck
    • Gila Destructive Truck
    • Medical Props

Then I add "Skin Builder 8 for Genesis 8 Female(s)" from the Select Bonus Items...if I understood correctly it should discount to 70%, but there is no discount at all.

Although it's in the carousel on the promo page it isn't in the category if you use the View All button, I've flagged this up but it looks as if the error is the listing in the carousel on the promo page.

cloth1975 said:

Then I add the "Growing Up Bundle for Genesis 8 Female(s) and Male(s)"...if I understood correctly it should add 40% discount, but again no discount at all in the cart.

This seems to be working for me.

cloth1975 said:

Then I add "Black Widow HD for Genesis 8 Female", "Medusa Maker for Genesis 8 Female", "Medusa Gorgon for Genesis 8 Female", which should get extra 60% off,

For me it seems that the "Special Item" and the "Special Bonus Item" don't work at all.

Best regards,

Chris

• cloth1975 said:

Hello,

• Gila Monster Truck
    • Gila Destructive Truck
    • Medical Props

Although it's in the carousel on the promo page it isn't in the category if you use the View All button, I've flagged this up but it looks as if the error is the listing in the carousel on the promo page.

cloth1975 said:

This seems to be working for me.

cloth1975 said:

Best regards,

Chris

Hello again,

thanks for looking into it, @RichardHaseltine, a few hours later my cart also seemed to have the correct discounts (and I quickly checked out). So someone must have worked in the background to fix things, kudos to you, unknown store admin :-)

Best regards

- Chris

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959
    edited October 2020

Cart keeps changing Character mixer went from $11.74 to $19.57

Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751

My cart prices jumped too, it looks like some things have been taken out of the category they were in and a bunch of other stuff that I either already own or don't want have been added instead. So back in the wishlist they go. frown 

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959

I'm gonna buy it and put in a ticket

• @Richard Haseltine (reply to post from previous thread): Thank you for checking it. Most/all showed overlap when I posted, but they seem to be correct now. Carted and checked out.
  • AZDigitalArtistAZDigitalArtist Posts: 773
    edited October 2020

I never got yesterday's sale to work for me.  Today was not looking much better, but suddenly at just before 4 am my time (pacific) boom, everything fell into place and I checked out so fast my store credit is still spinning.  Would love to have bought the gift card, but I was able to get such a good discount on my store credit that it would have cost too much to put that big cart through with my credit card.  Maybe if I like the debut items tomorrow and they are still offering it?  Also, would love to see those flash sales again, in different categories along with bringing back the tutorial sale that wasn't really working and a bunch of us either missed or our carts were misfiring and we couldn't check out. 

So, I have a question to the room.  I put in a ticket on something, and I was told by customer service that they would be happy to help me out but they needed to clear my wishlist first; apparently a wishlist over a hundred slows their system down?  I asked very politely that it not be cleared, because I worked very hard on it, putting in all the comments and such, and it was rather large.  Tonight, it is gone.  Anyone else run into this?  Cheers!

Post edited by AZDigitalArtist on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

So, I have a question to the room.  I put in a ticket on something, and I was told by customer service that they would be happy to help me out but they needed to clear my wishlist first; apparently a wishlist over a hundred slows their system down?  I asked very politely that it not be cleared, because I worked very hard on it, putting in all the comments and such, and it was rather large.  Tonight, it is gone.  Anyone else run into this?  Cheers!

Wait what? They cleared your wish list? Despite you asking them not to? Wha? Oh that would really suck! I spent years on my wish list and it comes in MASSIVELY handy during big sales and flash sales as I can just filter by my wishlist and get checked out before the flash sale ends. If they cleared my wish list I would NOT be a happy camper. Can you ask them if there is a way for them to restore it to the way it was? Do they have that ability (without having to manually add every item back)?

• Cora ReginaCora Regina Posts: 731
    edited October 2020

They WHAT?! My wishlist is almost 2000 items long, I would have a flipping stroke if they told me that it had to be emptied in order for me to receive any support on orders that I've already placed and paid for. God help them if they then deleted the entire thing after explicitly being told not to. A wishlist over 100 items slowing the system down is a DAZ problem, not a customer problem. There is absolutely no excuse for deleting a paying customer's carefully assembled wishlist to speed things up, or to make that purge a requirement for receiving customer service!

Needless to say I've backed up my entire wishlist as it now stands, and this has done nothing to improve my very battered faith or trust in DAZ. I have refund tickets that I need to submit, are they going to tell me that I need to consent to having my 2000-item wishlist nuked before they'll think about honoring the (rapidly deteriorating) 30-day price guarantee, and then completely ignore me telling them no and do it anyway?

Post edited by Cora Regina on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

What the heck does a wishlist have to do with getting customer service???? I would complain to an admin, like Daz Steve or Rawb. I would NOT put up with that!!!!

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932
    edited October 2020

Unless the issue you raised a ticket about specifically is linked the wishlist I really don't see why they would need to touch it, and if they did it despite you explicitly telling them not to then there's a problem.

Post edited by Leana on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300
    edited October 2020

They WHAT?! My wishlist is almost 2000 items long, I would have a flipping stroke if they told me that it had to be emptied in order for me to receive any support on orders that I've already placed and paid for. God help them if they then deleted the entire thing after explicitly being told not to. A wishlist over 100 items slowing the system down is a DAZ problem, not a customer problem. There is absolutely no excuse for deleting a paying customer's carefully assembled wishlist to speed things up, or to make that purge a requirement for receiving customer service!

Needless to say I've backed up my entire wishlist as it now stands, and this has done nothing to improve my very battered faith or trust in DAZ. I have refund tickets that I need to submit, are they going to tell me that I need to consent to having my 2000-item wishlist nuked before they'll think about honoring the (rapidly deteriorating) 30-day price guarantee, and then completely ignore me telling them no and do it anyway?

I swear, being a regular Daz customer is getting to be like living in an abusive relationship more every day.

Also the View All Artists button for Featured Artists and Additional Artists both link to https://www.daz3d.com/artist-products

Post edited by Sevrin on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,078

https://www.daz3d.com/fg-luggage doesn't have any "categories" (or whatever those new marks are called officially) assigned, so the image starts lower than the rest of the items on the main shop page.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,142
    Sevrin said:

I swear, being a regular Daz customer is getting to be like living in an abusive relationship more every day.

Also the View All Artists button for Featured Artists and Additional Artists both link to https://www.daz3d.com/artist-products

They basically have the same conditions, but reporting.

• AZDigitalArtistAZDigitalArtist Posts: 773
    edited October 2020

Yeah, I had over a thousand items in my wishlist, which I had carefully curated and used often with Ati's software to cull sale lists.  I did go through and save a pdf of each page, so I have the titles to restore, but YEAH, I am more than a little upset about this.  Plus, the order hasn't been resolved yet.

Post edited by AZDigitalArtist on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,310

Hi there, the LOVIN-PLAT coupon is not working for me, I have Moshi in my cart and two featured artists releases. Cart says coupon not valid. Could this be checked / reported please? Thanks and cheers!

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,310

Oops sorry, too tired still obviously - I reread the banner and see now that it‘s only supposed to work on DOs. Hm, not such a great deal then since DOs don‘t seem to be reduced beyond the usual 30% at the moment - 40% overall is really not too good, sadly. I‘ll keep that cute kitty in my cart though ...

This discussion has been closed.