Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• Just a quick render of some coffee beans, lil' excersize in Substance Painter, not yet where I wanted it to be, but it's a progress smiley

Beans.jpg
    1280 x 650 - 471K
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,143

Just a quick render of some coffee beans, lil' excersize in Substance Painter, not yet where I wanted it to be, but it's a progress smiley

Looks very realistic!

• Thanks Phil, I really appreciate it smiley

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,276
    edited September 2016

Just a quick render of some coffee beans, lil' excersize in Substance Painter, not yet where I wanted it to be, but it's a progress smiley

Well where do you want it?!!! Yikes those things look like coffee beans! I know... I eat them! Love them!

Those are they... those are them! smiley

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

smell coffee beans 

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I know where I want it to be . . . in my cup! laugh

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,962
    edited October 2016

the Hivewire housecat D|S version in OR4C

bit of a grumpy bugger

better.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 601K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

That's a very "stalking prey" pose!

ToeJam said:

bit of a grumpy bugger

He does look grumpy, doesn't he? Did you give him that expression or is he just... well... grumpy? Ah... THAT other place. I thought you meant the other Other place which starts with an R. LOL

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,962

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,921
    ToeJam said:

bit of a grumpy bugger

kitty comes up well.. nice to see it working so well in Carrara yes

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

yet another test on G3F just to underline how it could be useful and profitable for daz to fix the import of such figure within carrara; it shouldn't be so hard to achieve, since I can easily and fully export G3 from DS to carrara, apart from the bone skinning, only using the extract donor figure function; mesh and shaders and morphs as well are being imported well, only the skeleton doesn't pair with the body and I can't find a way to get it. That's a silly issue for a coder, isn't that?

2.jpg
    600 x 803 - 44K

yet another test on G3F just to underline how it could be useful and profitable for daz to fix the import of such figure within carrara; it shouldn't be so hard to achieve, since I can easily and fully export G3 from DS to carrara, apart from the bone skinning, only using the extract donor figure function; mesh and shaders and morphs as well are being imported well, only the skeleton doesn't pair with the body and I can't find a way to get it. That's a silly issue for a coder, isn't that?

Lost me on that last part. You sound like youv'e got the morphs and shaders into Carrara, but the skeleton isn't lined up right? 

Anyways... yeah. The mesh and shaders aren't the hard part. It's the new rigging technology that's the bugger. It sounds like they already got the skeleton style of rigging to work - just not Genesis 3. But that was way beack then. So they probably have it all working now - just have to make some tweaks here and there. Perhaps they're adding a bunch more other stuff to make it iniot a profitable release? Not sure.

But this 3d stuff, like new rigging joint that isn't already supported... yeah, I don't think there's anything easy about that.

Cool render by the way!

edited October 2016

mmh.. dunno DB, it should rather be an issue linked to the skinning between parts of the figure and the bones, or maybe the weight mapping; if you assign an animation to the 3G skeleton in DS and import in carrara it works.

anyway to try it by oneself and figure it out, extract the donor figure from 3G figure in DS, save the scene and import it in carrara; anything works fine apart from the skinning

any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

about the render actaully it's a low res quality but the skin response to the soft light is pretty good imo

Image removed http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279/acceptable-ways-of-handling-nudity#latest

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

more precisely I think the issue could be related to arms or forearms and the armature, or maybe the rigging ierarchy for the upper limbs should be revised

at any rate I guess it should be easy for daz guys to adjust that, even for the fbx export

edited October 2016

I recently got the full G2F Olympia character and have just done my conversion of her to my Octane skin (and other) materials. Here is a quick test render, only HDRI lighting, no postwork.

G2F-OlympiaBaseMaps.jpg
    640 x 480 - 45K
    Post edited by PhilW on
    edited October 2016

Wow! Nice job, Phil!

Remo, 

Yeah, I don't really know. I haven't even tried messing with Genesis 3. They said it doesn't work so I just kept away - so I don't even have anything for it other than the essentials we get with Daz Studio.

Just got a fun new toy from Cybertenko! This baby is the first commercial airliner from the 30's! At least I think it was... I better check on that.

I got this version as well as one that comes apart with morphs the mangle whichever section we need mangled for crash scenes... pretty cool! Even the interior of this thing is modeled and comes in with the base figure. At first it took a bit for Carrara to load it in. I actually had to leave (very busy these days... barely any time to do anything on a computer right now) and when I came back, there it was. Felt kinda 'heavy' in Carrara. 

I found all manner of fun texture maps to play with in the shaders. All 4k x 4k. So I set up my shaders for a preliminary setup and saved it to my browser. Had to leave it sit there for a couple of days. It was torture!

I just got home from my gig (Crowd was on Fire!!! I got to do a really nice, long drum solo at the end to "Rock and Roll" by Led Zeppelin!) and I immediately fired up Carrara and loaded in my Douglas DC 3 so I could look at it - see how I did with my shaders and such.

It no longer feels heavy, and it loads and saves (and I'm compressing and getting a rendered thumbnail) nice and quick! Nice speedy renders too, even though I'm adding subtle bit of reflections to nearly all surfaces - so that as people and things get close to it, at least some of the approaching color can reflect. 

Kinda cool how this this is modeled. Nice mesh and it relies upon bump or Normal (I'm using Normal) maps for most of the detail work. Even the window glass isn't a separate geometry - just a separate material zone. I may change that to make it easier to add weather stripping. I'd also like to add some thickness to the glass - not much though - to get some refraction going. Maybe I'll skip all for that... we'll see. She's a fine plane! I'm Happy!

DC3 1a.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 570K
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited October 2016

Just playing around while I sat outside with my laptop and watched the leaves start to change colors today. I don't deal well with heat and it was in the mid-60's (F) today, which is finally around what I normally consider good "outdoor weather." :)

I modeled a 3D version of my new-ish forum avatar in Blender, textured it in Substance Painter and rendered in Carrara (there's a Blender Cycles render of the same model on my DeviantArt page if you are curious how it looked in that program).  I used the lightbulb glowing through transparency trick that I used in the last challenge for the colored light.

CarraraRender001.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 219K
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on

Great work!

edited October 2016

Very nice, Mark!

I was also messing around today. I've had RawArt's "M4 Tin Man" in my wishlist for far too long. I always love looking at it in there. So finally, while they were basically giving it away (sorry Raw...) I just couldn't resist!

I've never been one to mess around with Displacement much. A little here and there - just tests.

This thing is different. This is Michael 4 just naked - morphed into a Tin Man, then displaced the rest of the way. To see it in action, I turned on "displace in 3d view" until it came time to pose him - that makes him a bit notchy, so I turned it back off after I got the idea of what was going on. Very cool - this!

He comes with a bunch of texture options, I've chosen this as my 'Base' shader starting point.

EDIT: Forgot to metnion that he renders pretty darned fast considering the failry elaborate displacement jobs I have going on! Happy = Me!

Looks very cool, Dart!

Thanks! He's really fun to work with!

edited October 2016

Just a quick mess-around session after breaking my back today... man, stone gets heavier as each hour passes - I tell ya! Yikes! Anyways...

While I was placing stones, I was thinking about using the shaders for the above M4 Tin Man along with a mask to apply armor directly onto my Dartan Character - well... any character actually. So I loaded the displacement map into Howler and built a selection mask for parts of the upper torso and the upper limbs. I ended up making several attempts - and I still want to make changes - both to my custom displacement maps, textures, and the selection masks.

For folks whom might not know how to use Selection Masks like this, what it is, is a grayscale map which will control which shader goes where in a Top Shader > Complex > Multi Shader Mixer.

So we go to the top level of the shader, choose Complex Shaders > Multi Shader Mixer. The shader that was there will now become Source 1 and a new Source 2 Multichannel Shader is added along with one more level below called Shader, which is a shader node that we use to blend the two Sources.

So if we save a shader to the browser, we can select Source 2 and drag the shader from the Browser onto the top level of that source. Of course we can also do this with Source 1 as well.

For the blender shader, it's easiest to thing of the Value 1-100 node, which we can also use if we want to blend the two sources, mixing them together.

On a Value 1-100, we also have "0" (zero).

0 = Black, 100 = White

0 (Black) = Source 1, 100 (White) = Source 2, 1-99 (shades of gray) will then be a blend between Source 1 and Source 2. The closer to Black (0) we get, the more we'll see Source 1 in the shader and so on.

================================================================

So making maps for this, we just load in or create a map which uses black where we want Source 1 shader, white for Source 2, and shades of gray for a blend.

I my example, I've just used black and white with no gray. 

I also had to customize the displacement maps, since we can't apply displacement to either source individually - instead we're displacing the entire material zone. So I used the eyedropper to select the same shade of gray that RawArt used for the base level of his maps, and painted that over anything I didn't want displaced, which is everywhere my selection mask is black. 

I must say, this whole displacement game is really fun to play! Being able to blend shaders is also incredibly fun and powerful! 

Dart4 Prelim1a.png
    471 x 719 - 316K

side note, the renderosity halloween contest deadline is the 14th.

category for animation smiley

dunno if i'm allowed to post a link

Dart - neat thinking and well explained!

Thanks!

I use that same procedure for animating skin changes, as I did in this (short, unlike my babble sessions) Genesis intro:

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited October 2016

really nice images and stuff here.

Veg-ing out. modeling in carrara,. playing with shaders. trying to get that gel inner tomato stuff with the seeds,. tricky

rendered with OctaneRender for Carrara.

Mixed veg.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 126K
    Mixed veg detail.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 117K
    Post edited by 3DAGE on
    3DAGE said:

really nice images and stuff here.

Veg-ing out. modeling in carrara,. playing with shaders. trying to get that gel inner tomato stuff with the seeds,. tricky

That looks superb - excellent work!

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    3DAGE said:

Verry realistic... your veggies look good enough to eat... to bad I can't just reach through the monitor... save a trip to the grocery. :)

I cook a lot and have a few ?sugestions? if you wish...  for the tomato - only thing lacking is a bit of wet looking appearance to the cut part... I've not played with SSS but that might help a bit.  For the Peppers especially and also a bit for the garlic... peppers have too shiny/plastic look need to be a bit duller down a bit... they look to plastic... I never polish peppers up that much after washing and before cutting them up. Garlic... I've never noticed and shinines to any inner layers/skin around the actual cloves. Hope that helps.

I especially like everything... love all the added detail plus the splits in onion skin, roots, shapes and leaf atop tomato.

red hot chilli pepper !!!

This discussion has been closed.