edited September 2020

First render -- 

ultrascenery_3_2.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 2M
    Post edited by hacsart on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 16,229
    hacsart said:

First render -- 

@hacsart You are off and running! Be sure to check out the official commercial thread for the product, too. That is the main place we have been sharing images. That is where HowieFarkes and TangoAlpha occasionally share tips and sneak peeks of upcoming products. There are several UltraScenery addons on sale today for good prices. The first post in the commercial thread clarifies some of the confusing prerequisites. (Daz originally posted the required product information incorrectly and caused a lot of confusion at the time.) The Pines addon requires the Nature Treess Pack 4 product by Andrey Pestryakov. Nature Trees Pack 4 is 70% off right now and is excellent! There is also a coupon advertised in the scrolling banner, for additional savings, if you haven't used it yet.

Have fun!

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 1,411

One thing I have done is to save each of the water presets as a shader preset, makes it much easier to change the water. I'm going to try your "custom ecology" experiment, would like to add in some Rowna trees and such..

Thanks Again!

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,093
    edited September 2020
    hacsart said:

One thing I have done is to save each of the water presets as a shader preset, makes it much easier to change the water. I'm going to try your "custom ecology" experiment, would like to add in some Rowna trees and such..

Thanks Again!

In the newest version to change the water you do not have to regenerate the scene just open the creator click the water tab select which water you want then click the settings tab and apply then close the creator.  (dont forget to have the generated ultrascene selected)

Great render!  Will be looking forward to seeing more!  Also in the commerical thread it is a great thread to read through even with all the pages but if you want a quick guide to the tips look in my signature.

barbult said:

Barbult this is gorgeous!!

Post edited by Daventaki on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 11,957
    barbult said:

Experiment: Create a Flower Garden (Inspired by Keukenhof) Continued

The flowers look nice and have the dense patterned look of Keukenhof, but the scene needs more plants to add interest and look realistic.

5) Add other plants

1. There are two approaches that could be used to add more plants:
      • Add layers to the flowers ecology for grass, trees, river elements, etc.
        • Advantage: Being in the same ecology would allow usage of things like affinity and repel to keep elements from overlapping
        • Advantage: Being in a single ecology makes the whole process simpler.
        • Disadvantage: Either all possible other layers would have to be added, or the choice of layers would be limited (just oaks and not beech, for example).
        • Disadvantage: There would be so many layers in the ecology, it would be difficult to locate the ones you want in the Build tab and know which go together.
      • Add a second UltraScene with additional plants, leaving the flowers ecology as just flowers.
        • Advantage: All possible other layers from all ecologies would be available.
        • Disadvantage: Some layers might overlap and to prevent that would require sophisticated layer masks.
        • Disadvantage: Managing multiple UltraScenes in a single scene can be cumbersome and difficult to manage. Changing one sometimes requires changing the other.
    2. For flexibility or plant choice, I'm going to use the option of adding a second UltraScene to my scene.
      • Run UltraSceneCreator to create the flowers UltraScene. Choose the Terrain and Feature settings you want for your final image.
      • Select the UltraScene in the Scene pane.
      • Use Edit/Duplicate/Duplicate Node(s) to copy the flowers UltraScene and create the second UltraScene. This will ensure that they both use the same terrain and feature.
      • Select the second UltraScene in the Scene pane and run UltraSceneCreator on it to rebuild it.
      • Leave the terrain and Feature unchanged. Select a new ecology to get the grass, trees, and river items you want.
      • In the Build tab, select only the layers you want to add to your scene and add layer masks to control where they will be positioned.
      • Build the second UltraScene.
      • In the second UltraScene, hide the UltraScene terrain and water (we only need one terrain surface and one water).
    3. Render your final scene

Thank you for the detail.  I need to get back to ultre-scenery

• Sorry, I know it's kinda an off-topic question, but I'm a total noob regarding these things and I was wondering if you can export Ultrascenery scenes outside Daz or if it's something limited like what happens with Lumion?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 16,229

maskedlittlething said:

Sorry, I know it's kinda an off-topic question, but I'm a total noob regarding these things and I was wondering if you can export Ultrascenery scenes outside Daz or if it's something limited like what happens with Lumion?

Sorry, I stopped getting notifications that someone posted to this thread. I don't know what Lumion is. UltraScenery uses Daz instances. I don't know if any of the new "Daz to ..." plugins support instances. So, I'm not any help.frown