Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2020 (CLOSED)

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,796

Haha that looks comfi and warm I would be in that blanket, very well made!

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

Very nice xmasrose, I remember those days when my wife used to steal my covers. The cat on the floor is a nice touch. Although, I don't recall my cat ever sleeping on the floor.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,063
    edited February 2020

OMG... I have been gone waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long... Sheesh... I'm sorry I'm backed up on comments but I see you all have been great with your remarks in my absense... also.. Soooo wonderful to see some new faces adding their artwork.  I hope you all continue to next months theme...

As usual... I took the challenge literally....

FIRE and ICE... will they EVER get along???  lol

Enjoy!

FIRE AND ICE ROCKMEN DONE SIGN.jpg
    1094 x 1094 - 321K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on

Beating back the next ice age, well done Llola Lane.

• ..Haven't really had much time to think about this - “A HOT Topic With COLD Symptoms”

Very nice and actual topic there @FENgari did you make the virus yourself or where did you get it?

@Llola, well I do hope they make a peace treaty, I want neither of them to really win :D

• @Linwelly, thanks - all created in Carrara: Modelled, textured and rendered. No post work and very little thought (sorry?)

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601
    edited February 2020

Good end-of-the-month additions! I'm still working on mine. It's almost ready, so I'm making this a placeholder post as I'm pretty sure there already is March somewhere on this planet by now.

So, instead of a literal hot and cold, I have a litterary take. smiley  Despite being a last minute, low budget, rushed production, I got it mostly as I wanted.

Times changes: Hot and cold at the book store sale

HotAndCold.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 2M
    Post edited by isidorn on

WOW! FENgari. that is nothing to sneeze at. Very well done

Good thing being retired on social security, I don't have to pay taxes. Bad thing is i will never be rich. Nicely done isidorn

So wonderful everyone... Thank you all for your posts... I will try and be about more for March. 

I know some of you are ahead of me time wise... but don't let the DARKness stop you from posting in the LIGHT of day for March.. lol.  Git it???  Dark & Light is March theme... Remember.. Only one render per person per month.. A second one can get posted at... http://www.pfdlives.com/pfd/index.php?topic=8470.0 if you are a member... New participants are always welcome at both my threads.. here and at PFDLives! 

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 284
    edited March 2020

Well, I guess I will pile in with a similar hot and cold depiction. My wife is usually wearing three layers of clothing but is still cold. I wear shorts and a t-shirt all winter and yet I am still hot. She thinks it has something to do with our differing amounts of body insulation but I tell her it is because I was born and raised in Minnesota. She was impressed that I remembered that her feet usually don't touch the ground when she is sitting in a chair.

I don't know what happened to the puppy's fur in those two spots. No puppies were harmed in the making of this image. Please don't call PETA.

Hot and cold marriage.png
    1200 x 742 - 2M
    Post edited by Zatetic on
    Zatetic said:

Well, I guess I will pile in with a similar hot and cold depiction. My wife is usually wearing three layers of clothing but is still cold. I wear shorts and a t-shirt all winter and yet I am still hot. She thinks it has something to do with our differing amounts of body insulation but I tell her it is because I was born and raised in Minnesota. She was impressed that I remembered that her feet usually don't touch the ground when she is sitting in a chair.

I don't know what happened to the puppy's fur in those two spots. No puppies were harmed in the making of this image. Please don't call PETA.

I can feel your wife! You know, always beeing cold it could very well be connected to never have the feet on the ground, as circulation can not flow freely through the legs, I always try to place a footstool or something under my feet for being such a short bit

Nicely done Zatetic. Like you I am rarely ever cold. That may be do to living in So. Cal. which is never really cold.

Zatetic said:

Ha... as the others have stated... Yes.. we do have our hot and cold moments... btw.. My feet never touch the ground on big chair either.. but I usually put my feet up when possible... Just be glad you don't get HOT FLASHEzzzzzzzz.. grrrrrr... You like me would never know WHAT to wear then... lol.  Even in the middle of winter!  Thanks for the artwork and happy to have you join the challenge.. 

ok Gang.. It's pretty much March every where now... Let's not have the DARKness stop you from posting in the LIGHT of day for March.  Long month... so we have plenty of time.  Git renderin everyone!!!

edited March 2020

Android Wars

War is light and dark, you win, you loose.

Android Wars.png
    1067 x 800 - 1M
    Post edited by deeleelaw57 on
  • ZateticZatetic Posts: 284

Light and dark and a surprise.

Beach surprise.png
    1200 x 800 - 2M

I like surprises, are we having barbecued crab or is the crab having Barbie. No wait ... don't tell me, it is a surprise. Well done Zatetic

This is the month for L I G H T and D A R K. Thus far it looks more like Blank and Barren. 

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

This is the month for L I G H T and D A R K. Thus far it looks more like Blank and Barren. 

Ha ha ha!
    laugh

You know I'm working on an image right now. (Two, in fact!)

Android Wars

War is light and dark, you win, you loose.

WOW Dee.. awesome!!!!  Thanks for sharing.   You're a fastie... I'm procrastinating this month.. lol. 

Zatetic said:

Light and dark and a surprise.

EEPPPPPPPPPPPPPP... Ruuuuuuuuuuuun girls.. ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!!!  lol

Well done Zatetic   THANKS for joining the fun! 

Been a little distracted this month... and procrastinating... I'll get back here soon... In the mean time... Keep'em coming... I'm about :)

Thank you Llola Lane, but as for procrastinating what makes this month any different ... just kidden.

Thank you Llola Lane, but as for procrastinating what makes this month any different ... just kidden.

lol... well I'm not gonna complain... but....    oh... never mind... lol

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524
    edited March 2020

Good renders so far.

Inspired by BABYMETAL's Karate music video I came up with this, 'not even a last minute rush' production:

Light and Dark

(3Delight & Gimp)

Karate:

Even if tears spill from our eyes, we will face it!

Single mindedly,

seiya se se seiya soiya so so soiya,

we will fight on.

With our fists more, with our hearts more,

while keening all our skills.

Still more,

seiya se se seiya soiya so so soiya,

we will fight on,

even if our spirits are broken and we can no longer stand.

Kitsune Up!

Post edited by nattaruk on
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

I am hoping to come up with something soon.  I have an unexpected few days off.

Very well done nattaruk. The shadows and lighting are great.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited March 2020

Title:  Timeout

I got one done this month.  I wasn't sure it was going to happen.  I had no inspiration at all.  I hope this works for everyone.

Timeout.png
    1500 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Kismet2012 on