Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2020 (CLOSED)

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,063
    edited March 2020
    nattaruk said:

Good renders so far.

Inspired by BABYMETAL's Karate music video I came up with this, 'not even a last minute rush' production:

Light and Dark

(3Delight & Gimp)

Karate:

Even if tears spill from our eyes, we will face it!

Single mindedly,

seiya se se seiya soiya so so soiya,

we will fight on.

With our fists more, with our hearts more,

while keening all our skills.

Still more,

seiya se se seiya soiya so so soiya,

we will fight on,

even if our spirits are broken and we can no longer stand.

Kitsune Up!

Oh that is wonderful nattaruk ... and thank you for the translation and Youtube... Now I don't have to look it up... :)  Although the music isn't my style (more hubby's.. I'll have to ask him if he's heard of them)... the artwork is perfect!  ... and with 3Delight no less?  (thumbz up!!!)

Post edited by Llola Lane on
    edited March 2020

Title:  Timeout

I got one done this month.  I wasn't sure it was going to happen.  I had no inspiration at all.  I hope this works for everyone.

YAY Kis... lots of peeps in Ohio have some 'unexpected' time off these next few weeks...  I suppose we may get more artwork with so many people at home looking for something to do (hint Hint)... lol

Anyway.. great light n dark... I love how you used other colors to portray the challenge.  (thumbz up!)  Hope you can join us again next month. 

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

Why is it you people with no inspiration do such inspirational work. Very nicely done Kismet2012

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Thank you @Llola Land and @deeleelaw57

I gues my own "timeout" was the inspiration I needed.

• cismiccismic Posts: 629
    edited March 2020

Well, with the corornavirus outbreak, I decided this would be a good entry for your render contest for Light And Dark. :-)

Just a simple rendering that shows how free flowing a virus can be. From Light into Dark.

josephkravis.com

DarckAndLight.jpg
    4800 x 6240 - 1M
    Post edited by cismic on

Very well done cismic, I really do like a nicely shaded black and white. It looks so clean and sharp.

Wow @cismic.  That is a powerful image.

cismic said:

Well, with the corornavirus outbreak, I decided this would be a good entry for your render contest for Light And Dark. :-)

Just a simple rendering that shows how free flowing a virus can be. From Light into Dark.

Perfect cismic  .... Glad you were able to join us this month.  Hopefully we will be able to enjoy more from you next month.  Thanks for sharing.

edited March 2020

ok folks... I'm mad at Iray and my Daz 4.10 right now.  I spent 2 hours rendering a piece of artwork and as I was trying to save it... the program crashed!!!!  grrrrrrrrrrrrr... Only saving grace I have is that I did a screen capture before it crashed... So... Unfortunately... this is a copy of the render :(  It will have to do.. I'm not going to render it again. 

Please enjoy my Dark and Light Kittehzzzzzzzzz.. mew!!!

LIGHT DARK cats 2 hour render 70percent done COPY done SIGN.jpg
    1038 x 980 - 135K
  • cismiccismic Posts: 629

Yes, I'll be popping in occasinaly. :-) Thank you for the comments on the image. :-) 

If Daz crashes on you, once in awhile you can find the image stored here as an r.png file.  C:\Users\YOURNAMEGOESHERE\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\render

Look there after a crash, because once you reopen daz the image will be gone. 

Well done Llola Lane, A very excellent render, I really like the way the light falls accross the face of the white kitty.

cismic said:

Yes, I'll be popping in occasinaly. :-) Thank you for the comments on the image. :-) 

If Daz crashes on you, once in awhile you can find the image stored here as an r.png file.  C:\Users\YOURNAMEGOESHERE\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\render

Look there after a crash, because once you reopen daz the image will be gone. 

Darn.. good to know though... It's empty :(  Oh well.. atleast I was able to do the screen capture.  I'll try and remember for next time.  Thanks for the tip :)

Well done Llola Lane, A very excellent render, I really like the way the light falls accross the face of the white kitty.

Thanks Dee.. it's all Iray lighting... I would use it more.. but the renders take so darn long... and then to have it crash... UGHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• CMYKCMYK Posts: 1
    edited March 2020

Not sure this render fits the category, but here is my go at Dark and Light. This is a monchrome image of Josephene 8.

Josephene B-W.jpg
    2560 x 2560 - 3M
    Post edited by CMYK on
    edited March 2020

I am not the one who runs the show here but I would say it is a great example of dark and light and very well done CMYK.

Post edited by deeleelaw57 on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

I am not the one who runs the show here but I would say it is a great example of dark and light and very well done CMYK.

I agree!

Dana

CMYK said:

Not sure this render fits the category, but here is my go at Dark and Light. This is a monchrome image of Josephene 8.

It's got dark and light in it CMYK  .... so of course it fits the challenge... Well done too... and WELCOME to the Daz forums.  So happy to have your first piece of artwork in this challenge..  Hope you continue every month to join us. 

Does ANYONE run the show here?  lol  and I agree... well done CMYK

YES! Llola Lane you are the one keeping the ship afloat and just like any good captain when things go wonky we can blame you. Good thing you run a happy ship and nothing ever goes wrong.

YES! Llola Lane you are the one keeping the ship afloat and just like any good captain when things go wonky we can blame you. Good thing you run a happy ship and nothing ever goes wrong.

lol.. HAPPY to oblige ;)

I love black and white images.  So well don @cmyk.

Those little kitties look great @Llola Lane.  Sorry to hear about DS crashing on you.

Those little kitties look great @Llola Lane.  Sorry to hear about DS crashing on you.

Thanks Kismet.. it's not the first time.. and I'm sure it won't be the last... lol.   But I'm soooo glad I did a screen capture before it crashed!  ;)

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Wow! Some really impressive images this month. Well done everyone! And there's one more week to go. smiley

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Thanks Kismet.. it's not the first time.. and I'm sure it won't be the last... lol.   But I'm soooo glad I did a screen capture before it crashed!  ;)

When you stop an Iray render, a temporary file named r.png is saved. Instead of clicking on the Save button of the render window, you can use the File menu of the main window and select "Save last render…" You can also put a shortcut to the location where the file is written somewhere convenient, like your Desktop, and if DS crashes, go directly to that folder and copy r.png to another location BEFORE you reopen DS. (My r.png file is saved to C:\Users\[computername]\AppData\Roaming\DAS 3D\Studio4\temp\render.)

L'Adair said:

When you stop an Iray render, a temporary file named r.png is saved. Instead of clicking on the Save button of the render window, you can use the File menu of the main window and select "Save last render…" You can also put a shortcut to the location where the file is written somewhere convenient, like your Desktop, and if DS crashes, go directly to that folder and copy r.png to another location BEFORE you reopen DS. (My r.png file is saved to C:\Users\[computername]\AppData\Roaming\DAS 3D\Studio4\temp\render.)

Ah.. i'm going to do that right now.  For future reference.  ;)  Thanks oodles.

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Lots of lights in the darkness. We need those these days :)

Looks like I managed to put something together that fits, too. Light skin, dark clothes (and surroundings):

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

What a stunning render mori_mann!!

Just the right light and darkness!

Very well done mori_mann, the background blurr works nicely.

That is a wonderful, serene image @mori_mann