Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2020 (CLOSED)

Comments

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Thanks! Glad you people like it :D

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,172

This isn't the scene I had planned for this theme, but I think it still qualifies.

Dead Man's Party

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
    Going to a party where no one's still alive

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,063
    Gordig said:

This isn't the scene I had planned for this theme, but I think it still qualifies.

Dead Man's Party

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
    Going to a party where no one's still alive

Lots of light and dark Gordig ... well done.  I love artwork with more than one character in them.  Each individual tells a story.  ;)  Thanks for sharing.

mori_mann said:

Lots of lights in the darkness. We need those these days :)

Looks like I managed to put something together that fits, too. Light skin, dark clothes (and surroundings):

Wonderful artwork for the challenge mori_mann... Kinda perfect dark n light for me :)  Thanks for sharing.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited March 2020

Ok, here's my go - hopefully fitting the criteria. Done wholly within Daz Studio, making use of the Render Editor to convert one render to greyscale and the blend option to have the blend me around mid-poitn and quite sharp.

Dark and Light 02.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by SimonJM on
    SimonJM said:

Ok, here's my go - hopefully fitting the criteria. Done wholly within Daz Studio, making use of the Render Editor to convert one render to greyscale and the blend option to have the blend me around mid-poitn and quite sharp.

Oh my that is different Simon... and so different in fact that you are excused for not including a kitteh in the artwork... lol.  (I was hoping for kitteh reflection in the eyes.... sighs)... Not sure exactly what you mean by "making use of the Render Editor to convert one render to greyscale and the blend option to have the blend me around mid-poitn and quite sharp"... So I'm guessing no postwork when you said totally in Daz... but not sure HOW you did it... I'm gonna have to have a look see.  Thanks for sharing.  I love the way you surprise me endlessly with your ideas.  ;)

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

Dang Gordig that lead singer has more hair than I do, Well Done

Very Well Done SimonJM, creative and well thought out. Just because Llola Lane can not see the kitteh does not mean it is not there.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    SimonJM said:

Oh my that is different Simon... and so different in fact that you are excused for not including a kitteh in the artwork... lol.  (I was hoping for kitteh reflection in the eyes.... sighs)... Not sure exactly what you mean by "making use of the Render Editor to convert one render to greyscale and the blend option to have the blend me around mid-poitn and quite sharp"... So I'm guessing no postwork when you said totally in Daz... but not sure HOW you did it... I'm gonna have to have a look see.  Thanks for sharing.  I love the way you surprise me endlessly with your ideas.  ;)

The simple answer is: Render> Render Editor ... from the Daz Studio menu.  It will open up a dialog where you can pick a recent render and perform a small variety of 'work' on it, but also you can pick 2 images and blend them (in a variety of ways).  In theory, and by some definition no postwork, at least none outside of Daz Studio smiley  And your comment about no kitteh made me think .. the one I am doing for PFD is screaming for a kitteh and I had not thought of it until now, so thank you!!!!

Very Well Done SimonJM, creative and well thought out. Just because Llola Lane can not see the kitteh does not mean it is not there.

Someone had to point the camera .. cheeky

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

That is one rocking band @gordig

Interesting way to render @SimonJM. I may have to try that.  Great image.  That kitty did a great job.

Am I blind???? 

SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

The simple answer is: Render> Render Editor ... from the Daz Studio menu.  It will open up a dialog where you can pick a recent render and perform a small variety of 'work' on it, but also you can pick 2 images and blend them (in a variety of ways).  In theory, and by some definition no postwork, at least none outside of Daz Studio smiley  And your comment about no kitteh made me think .. the one I am doing for PFD is screaming for a kitteh and I had not thought of it until now, so thank you!!!!

Someone had to point the camera .. cheeky

Gonna give it a try Simon... and btw... Great camera work Kitteh... :)

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited March 2020

Yay I made it in time this month!!!

Here is my version of Light and Dark!

David Praying for His Love to Come Back.png
    1236 x 988 - 2M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
    edited March 2020

And light and dark it is, very nicely done Saphirewild

Post edited by deeleelaw57 on
    edited March 2020

Thanks! @deeleelaw57

I figured it was about time I got something done for this great challenge!

Now that we all have nothing better to do here in Canada (Everything is shutting down up here except Resturants and Tim Hortons Coffee shops)

Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Thanks! @deeleelaw57

Now that we all have nothing better to do here in Canada (Everything is shutting down up here except Resturants and Tim Hortons Coffee shops)

We Canadians would die without our Timmies.

Nicely done render @Saphirewild

Thanks! @deeleelaw57

We Canadians would die without our Timmies.

Nicely done render @Saphirewild

Yes I think we would die if we didn't have our Timmies!!

Thanks so much @Kismet2012!

• 0996ps0996ps Posts: 182
    edited March 2020

I am so lazy, I do everything at the last moment. sigh!
    Here is another quick work entry for Light and Dark: 
    The Undying Presence

Inner thoughts: hohoho.. I needed a new profile pic.

Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2020 Mar - Light and Dark.jpg
    1920 x 1920 - 675K
    Post edited by 0996ps on

Very Well Done TristanQEveret, he looks a bit serious, must be a great wine.

• 0996ps0996ps Posts: 182

It's all illusions, the glass is empty. I had no idea how to create liquid in it. I knew about simple plane method with water shader for normal bathtubs and pools but damn filling a glass is something out of my league. I just duplicated glass and rescaled it inside the actual glass and then colored it slightly red in the glossiness section.

Oh, and it was supposed to be blood. XD
    Modern Dracula. Expressionless and deadly, engulfed in darkness but light inside his still heart. If only I had some method to create fangs and blood drip on lips. I guess I am still not good enough for my vision.

Yay I made it in time this month!!!

Here is my version of Light and Dark!

whoo hoot.. and ya made it with time to spare Saph... lol.  Well done.  Thanks for sharing.  :)

I am so lazy, I do everything at the last moment. sigh!
    Here is another quick work entry for Light and Dark: 
    The Undying Presence

Inner thoughts: hohoho.. I needed a new profile pic.

Ha... not so lazy TristanQEverett  ... you still have a day left ;)  lol  Thanks for joining the challenge.  He's so spooky in a sexy sort of way :) 

It's all illusions, the glass is empty. I had no idea how to create liquid in it. I knew about simple plane method with water shader for normal bathtubs and pools but damn filling a glass is something out of my league. I just duplicated glass and rescaled it inside the actual glass and then colored it slightly red in the glossiness section.

Oh, and it was supposed to be blood. XD
    Modern Dracula. Expressionless and deadly, engulfed in darkness but light inside his still heart. If only I had some method to create fangs and blood drip on lips. I guess I am still not good enough for my vision.

there are some great fangs in this package... https://www.daz3d.com/sy-fantastical-features-genesis-8-male ... The blood could be postworked in with... https://www.daz3d.com/rons-blood ; ;)

ok Gang... one more day til April... sheesh... I'm so glad March is almost over... Hopefully April will be better... but I fear not.  Anyway... git'chore artwork in before the month is over...

And... those of you thinking ahead to April... think Horizontal & Vertical.. whether lying down or standing up.... I'm sure you all will think outside the box!

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

The Light/Dark concept is really interesting. It got something innate magical to it, and it shows in everyone's work. Well done all!

I got a last-minute-quick-put-together-thing rendering now. Not sure when it'll be finished, so in worst case I'll put it into this post if someone gets their april posted before I'm done.

isidorn said:

The Light/Dark concept is really interesting. It got something innate magical to it, and it shows in everyone's work. Well done all!

I got a last-minute-quick-put-together-thing rendering now. Not sure when it'll be finished, so in worst case I'll put it into this post if someone gets their april posted before I'm done.

Great isidorn... Looking forward to what you have for light and dark.  :) 

• @deeleelaw57   What a great idea!

@Zatetic  Dangerous spot!

@nattaruk  Great image and lighting!

@Kismet2012  well done!

@cismic  Spot on, very good scene!at a great lighting

@Llola Lane Adorable kitties, adorable scene!

@CMYK  Beautiful portrait, what a great lighting! 

@mori_mann  She really stands out. Great play of light and dark.

@Gordig   Great composition, plenty of dark and light.

@SimonJM  I like what you did, great portrait!

@Saphirewild  Beautiful place and perfect lighting.

@TristanQEverett  Beautiful work on the glass, superb refelctions.

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited March 2020

Last minute render, not sure it fits though!

20_light and dark.jpg
    667 x 1000 - 255K
    Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on

Last minute render, not sure it fits though!

SURE it fits XmasRose... Lots of light and dark... oh and I adooooooooooore Noodles.... What special effect is that?  It's so etherial.  Well done.. Glad you made it in before April ;) 

• Thank you Llola Lane . I used Topaz Studio (the 1st one, free). I mixed different presets. Noodles always makes me smile too.